The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday December 7th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!   Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports.   Pearl Harbor Day is always a day to remember and think of all the changes that the attack on PH caused to change the face of the war and created the US as a superpower.  I will have some joy today as the noun.   Another thought provoking quote by White.    We had a bit of discussion in the last few weeks about a Tortilla casserole called King Ranch Casserole.  That is my all time favorite and it is so easy now that rotisserie chicken is available everywhere.  Will pass on the Minty cocktail but the Petit Sirah sounds good.  @StLouisCruisersand @Cat in my lap thanks for the beautiful photos from Labrador.    

Prayers for all on our care report and the people of Ukraine.   DB remained in the hospital until yesterday afternoon so I didn't see him.  I understand that he was not getting PT so probably has backslid a lot.   I look forward to seeing him later this morning.    Nancy 

• Like 24

Good morning Dailyites!

A little late to our party. I was sending my friend Gerry aka "Harry" a get-to-know us better note..

Wow! A special day for me and what a surprise! I was also born and raised in Algonquin,  Illinois. We've been to solemn Pearl Harbor over the years and have an excursion there on our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in Feb.

Last night my crazy girlfriends wanted to have "one more" goodbye, so the guys stayed home watching election return (yawn) while we drove Elvis to Candy Cane lane singing Christmas carols. I made a batch of Cosmo's and Elvis drove very slow and the lights were stunning. 

Tonight is Christmas Game night here. I'm supposed to make something but can't remember what, so I'll make a crab dip. 

Prayers lifted for all on our prayer lists. Hoping Roy, Jacqui, Tana, Terri and Cruising Along. 

Have a wonderful day. Blessings to our Daily family. Be kind.

image.png.59787c0a329b7e4bc2d6a75ce32b015a.png

image.png.40e268e09ab3cd1fe14042e6d0f08714.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Hello everyone.

Still on a high.  

Just a quick note as we finish up our packing so that we can get out of here.

I will try to post later after we are in Jacksonville.

Thanks for all the support and celebrating with me as the work begins on our home.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 26

54 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Those bugs sound like black flies.   We are pestered by them at our cabin every year.  Like @dfishwe wear our netting when they are bad an pray for windy days when they are around.

BTW how are the bugs in the Amazon?   We were thinking bringing our netting but mosquitoes are held off better by sprays than black flies.  

Yes they were small black flies. We bought netting to wear over our hats for this Amazon cruise but have never needed it. Wish I’d had the nets back in Red Bay!  Mind you we haven’t been in the jungle really. I’ve avoided that actually. Closest thing to the jungle was in Devil’s Island and walking with the children in Boca da Valeria and neither place was buggy. 

The ship covered the air intakes on deck 9 to keep the bugs out and they were pretty dirty/buggy. They told us there were lots of moths and bugs out at night so watch for that on your verandah. But I haven’t been troubled by bugs at all this trip. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a warmer but cloudy and damp central Texas.  Not much going on today, so I'll try to get some more of those pesky chores done.  We do have the OT evaluation at noon, and the nurse called last night to say she'd be here about 2:30.  Compared to the past two years, our house seems like Grand Central Station, but all for a good reason.

I hope the world does not forget the attack on Pearl Harbor.  There are very few alive who can remember that day, and I'm afraid the younger generations don't know the true significance of the day.  Cotton candy is something I can take in small portions.  I'll salute Illinois and of course, Joy day and our own Joy @Seasick Sailor.

The E. B. White quote is very thought provoking.

The Tex-Mex casserole sounds and looks good.  While the King Ranch Casserole has some Tex-Mex components, I don't really think of it as Tex-Mex.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have not been to Red Bay, Labrador, so thank you @StLouisCruisers Sandi, @Cat in my lap and @kplady Laura for your pictures.  Maybe some day we'll get there.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm glad the cold is much improved and hope it is history soon.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm glad you DB is back in rehab, and sorry he did not get PT in the hospital.  I hope he can make up the lost time quickly.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, safe travels to Jacksonville and have a safe flight.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad you didn't have any bug problems.  On our Amazon cruise, we did a couple of small boat tours in the jungle and didn't have any bug problems, not even mosquitos.

I have a vegetarian version of a Tex-Mex Tortilla casserole.  It is easy to make especially on a night when you don't have much time.  You could add meat or modify it to your tastes.

TORTILLA CASSEROLE

1 7 oz. pkg. Spanish rice mix

1 11 oz. can whole kernel corn w/sweet peppers, undrained

2 15 oz. cans black beans, undrained

10 6” corn tortillas

2 c Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers

Preheat oven to 400oF.  Prepare rice according to package directions, except substitute undrained corn for the ½ cup liquid. 

Place undrained beans in a medium bowl; mash slightly.

Place 5 tortillas in the bottom of a 3 quart rectangular baking dish, overlapping and placing slightly up the sides of the dish (cut tortillas as needed to fit).

Spoon beans evenly over the tortillas.  Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.  Top with the remaining tortillas.  Spoon cooked rice over the tortillas.

Bake covered, for 30 minutes.  Uncover and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.  Bake 5 minutes until cheese melts.  Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.  Makes 6 servings.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Happy Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  Yesterday remained dark and gloomy, and no warm weather appeared.  Last night the fog came in, and finally appears to be lifting (almost 10 am).  I slept until 8:30 this morning!  Wow,  I'm usually up by 7.  

No more political commercials on TV!  Yeah!  

Yesterday DH got a call from his brother, Mom fell in the grocery store (Mom is 88) and they called her son, and he actually got there before the ambulance.  He called DH immediately.   She broke her right arm just below the shoulder,  but  that's all the news that we have right now.  Pretty sure my DBIL is getting some rest right now, he was still at the hospital past midnight.  And they sent Mom home, completely bandaged, to remain still.  I certainly hope one of the grandkids will stay with her. 

I am still on the campaign (the one looking for 1000 donations) I still do not have one of those.  In fact, I think I have been secretly moved to new contacts to correct the contact information, as last night I made 69 calls in 3 hours and spoke to 6 people.  Three of those people told me to put them on the do not call list.  So I actually only spoke to 3 people.  The other ones just yelled at me, which is not the same thing.  And I decided that asking for morning hours which the boss gave me, being special and all should not happen if I cant start getting donations.  I haven't gotten a donation in over a week.  So my hours were cut.

s-l500.jpg

@Seasick SailorHappy Day of the Joys!  Make someone take you out to lunch!

I thought DH had a dr's appt today, turns out it's next Monday.  I don't work until tonight,  long day in the gray...and still too wet to clean out the front garden.  No book is calling me, and the tv gets turned off while DH works in the afternoon.  I guess I can clean quietly...or nap.

a3a72dca101e6ec7af29d873f4aa5a68.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all,

We have a lovely cold day brewing. I’m not going to say how cold, because many of you would call it balmy. Today will continue with my photo scanning and organizing project. I might be done by the weekend. Still have Christmas cards to do. 

@cat shepard the wine sounds great, and I have it added to my list. It’s not available at our local Total Wine, but I’ll try NapaCabs next time I venture out that way.

@StLouisCruisers I swiped a copy of your shack picture to try in watercolor. It has so much character. When I was in Iguazu ( jungle) there were no bugs other than butterflies. Everyone at work urged me to take malaria prophylaxis (like good Public Health Nurses), and one of the guides told me he lived there > 20 years and never saw a mosquito.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Hump Day report, Rich.  Interesting juxtaposition of the Day that will Live in Infamy and National Joy Day.  Illinois is a great state.  The quote is quite interesting but a bit over my head so early in the morning.  I've never cruised to Red Bay but visited it in 2000 as the end point of the Newfoundland-Labrador ferry on a land trip.  I'll pass on both the Cotton Candy and the Casserole.  My alternative is Chilled Sour Cherry Soup, Oven Roasted Beef Tenderloin, and Raspberry Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam December 7, 2013.

Today’s care list:

Tana with pneumonia hoping for continuing results from new antibiotic
Cruising along severe flu
Otahand7 DB back in hospital but rehab continuing
From the rotation:
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal
Crabbbi Patti dealing with Dad’s dimentia
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Work starting on Cruzin Terri’s house
The end of the US Election season
Restrictions loosening in China
Quartzite Cruizer DH doing great at home
4 days for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam 12/11 to 1/25/23)
3 days for Cruisin Terri (Insignia 12/10 to 12/28)
Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS,  to 12/9), RedbeckBob (Nieuw Statendam to 12/10),   Dobiemom (Discovery Princess  to 12/10), Mister67 (Nieuw Amsterdam to 12/11) SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/12)  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's a pretty nice day here anchored off Icoaraci, Brazil.  We're trying to decide if we want to take a tender ride over to see the small city.  From there they have complimentary shuttle buses to drive guests an hour away to Belem.  I know for sure we're not doing that.  I see the last shuttle bus leaves Belem at 4 pm and you just know some people will miss that shuttle.  Yesterday the Captain asked us all to be back on time because we have to put pedal to the metal to get this ship to Barbados on time.  Let's just see how this works out today, shall we?

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day is a worthy day for us all to remember.  It is also my DSIL's birthday and I just texted him to send good wishes his way.  I would certainly like to celebrate those named Joy especially our own @Seasick Sailor.  The Tex Mex tortilla dish sounds good.  Big thanks to Rich @richwmnfor posting here each day, and to Roy @rafinmdwho tries to keep up with all our happenings.  Prayers for those in need and cheers to those celebrating.  Thanks also to the Food and Beverage ladies who do their posting even while cruising.  ❤️

Speaking of celebrating, still no Christmas decorations or trees up on the ship, just the gingerbread village on deck 3 atrium.  Don't these ships send teams into a port and they unbox everything and set it up?  I've never been on a ship in December without Christmas trees before.  HAL probably can't afford to send people to Brazil to decorate so I hope they get it done Dec. 17 in Fort Lauderdale for all of you coming on for the holiday cruises.

Today's port is Red Bay, Labrador, Canada.  This was last posted on June 24, 2021.  Here's the link to Rich's post that day.

We were there on Aug. 26, 2018 on the Seabourn Quest on our Iceland/Greenland/Canada cruise.  What a fabulous itinerary!  I would do that again!

Red Bay was the buggiest place I'd ever visited.  Even with bug spray on they found a couple of spots to bite me on the back of the neck near both ears.  My hair was covering it too.  The following day I found all those itchy red spots hiding out back there.

Here you go:enhance

enhance

A cute churchenhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

There was a hiking trail on this peninsula that some of the passengers hiked on.  Not me!enhance

A close up of a viewing platform at the trail's end.enhance

A view back to the town from the ship.  All day long there was a whale surfacing in that bay, first along the dock area where the tenders went and then alongside the ship in the afternoon.  Unfortunately he was too fast for me because I never got him in a photo.  Just lots of pictures of the water!enhance

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Happy birthday to your DSIL Sandi.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a warmer but cloudy and damp central Texas.  Not much going on today, so I'll try to get some more of those pesky chores done.  We do have the OT evaluation at noon, and the nurse called last night to say she'd be here about 2:30.  Compared to the past two years, our house seems like Grand Central Station, but all for a good reason.

I hope the world does not forget the attack on Pearl Harbor.  There are very few alive who can remember that day, and I'm afraid the younger generations don't know the true significance of the day.  Cotton candy is something I can take in small portions.  I'll salute Illinois and of course, Joy day and our own Joy @Seasick Sailor.

The E. B. White quote is very thought provoking.

The Tex-Mex casserole sounds and looks good.  While the King Ranch Casserole has some Tex-Mex components, I don't really think of it as Tex-Mex.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have not been to Red Bay, Labrador, so thank you @StLouisCruisers Sandi, @Cat in my lap and @kplady Laura for your pictures.  Maybe some day we'll get there.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm glad the cold is much improved and hope it is history soon.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm glad you DB is back in rehab, and sorry he did not get PT in the hospital.  I hope he can make up the lost time quickly.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, safe travels to Jacksonville and have a safe flight.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad you didn't have any bug problems.  On our Amazon cruise, we did a couple of small boat tours in the jungle and didn't have any bug problems, not even mosquitos.

I have a vegetarian version of a Tex-Mex Tortilla casserole.  It is easy to make especially on a night when you don't have much time.  You could add meat or modify it to your tastes.

TORTILLA CASSEROLE

1 7 oz. pkg. Spanish rice mix

1 11 oz. can whole kernel corn w/sweet peppers, undrained

2 15 oz. cans black beans, undrained

10 6” corn tortillas

2 c Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers

Preheat oven to 400oF.  Prepare rice according to package directions, except substitute undrained corn for the ½ cup liquid. 

Place undrained beans in a medium bowl; mash slightly.

Place 5 tortillas in the bottom of a 3 quart rectangular baking dish, overlapping and placing slightly up the sides of the dish (cut tortillas as needed to fit).

Spoon beans evenly over the tortillas.  Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.  Top with the remaining tortillas.  Spoon cooked rice over the tortillas.

Bake covered, for 30 minutes.  Uncover and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.  Bake 5 minutes until cheese melts.  Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.  Makes 6 servings.

Lenda

Lenda, thank you for adding me to Joy day 🙂

I think I would like your casserole. Not a lot of fussy work and sounds yummy!

• Like 14

Thank you Rich, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Cat Shepard, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

Received a FB notification that five years ago today we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam on a short four night cruise to the Bahamas before going into drydock. I'm not sure if I would do that experience again. But it is always fun to be at sea!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 22

@Quartzsite Cruiserlenda, thank you for the taco casserole recipe. I have added it to my file of vegetarian dishes suitable for my Wednesday ladies group. Because it uses corn tortillas, my celiacs can eat it too.

well, my Christmas baking is done. The last item, a white fruit cake from a Southern Living recipe is baking now. I only made four different cookies this year rather than the dozen varieties I usually make. But I chose four family favourites so we should be good.

grey day here today but not terribly cold. But I think we will be getting the cold weather that has been plaguing

@ger_77 

Quiet on the soccer front until Friday. We have decided to cheer for Croatia in this next round since Canada and Germany are both out. My ancestors are ethnic Germans born in Croatia for several generations, only leaving it at the end of the war when they became part of the first great refugee migration. 

have a good day everyone.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

We should remember Pearl Harbor, although the roundup of innocent Japanese here in America was not our finest hour. I'll pass on Cotton Candy (too sweet). A salute to Illinois and both those named Joy, and Joy itself. Interesting quote. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink, yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Red Bay. 

It's still cloudy but almost 60F! We've had almost daily rain, and it continues through the weekend. On the agenda today: take my shot for the first time in a month (I'm also trying to decrease the Benadry I take for the local allergic reaction, because it knocks me out), bake the fruit bread this afternoon, start the basement cleanup.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to DSIL. Thanks for the photos. 

@Cat in my lap @kplady Great photos of Red Bay.

@ottahand7 I hope DB hasn't lost too much ground with not having PT for a few days.

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the recipe.

@marshhawk Sorry to hear of DMIL's fall and broken arm. My mother (who had dementia) fell in the personal care home. She had a break just below the shoulder. Too high to be casted, so they put her in a sling. Of course she didn't know what was going on, and constantly got out of the sling. I always thought that due to that, she had good range of motion after it was healed. You've got a hard job asking for donations that large in the current economy. Sorry your hours were cut. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

51209056_119-USSArizonaMemorial.thumb.jpg.27d9a569c2dcbebd4626528001c45b26.jpg

178797461_131-RosterofSoldiersEntombedinUSSArizona.thumb.jpg.d5a2b369218b23a4d5cca9fe67e792c1.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Last night when we went to Explorer's Lounge to listen to the Classical Duo perform instead of just the two of us, a lot of people came in and sat down to listen to the two young Ukrainian performers.  One is violin and the other piano.  When we first started going to listen to them, they would be sitting quietly if no one was there.  We told them they might try luring people in by playing some beautiful music even to an empty room.  So they did, and each time a few more people would stop by.  There were at least two dozen last night instead of only DH and I.  The smiles are getting bigger on their faces as they see how much everyone is enjoying and supporting them.❤️

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

We have a lovely cold day brewing. I’m not going to say how cold, because many of you would call it balmy. Today will continue with my photo scanning and organizing project. I might be done by the weekend. Still have Christmas cards to do. 

@cat shepard the wine sounds great, and I have it added to my list. It’s not available at our local Total Wine, but I’ll try NapaCabs next time I venture out that way.

@StLouisCruisers I swiped a copy of your shack picture to try in watercolor. It has so much character. When I was in Iguazu ( jungle) there were no bugs other than butterflies. Everyone at work urged me to take malaria prophylaxis (like good Public Health Nurses), and one of the guides told me he lived there > 20 years and never saw a mosquito.

Have a great day everyone!

You're welcome to my shack photo and I can see where it would make a nice watercolor.  Maybe you could show us how the finished project turns out.  Have fun with it.

Funny about never seeing a mosquito in Iguazu in more than 20 years time.😁

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday to your DSIL Sandi.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to your son in law!

image.png.644d8db73e67fc138adf66850b63bc9f.png

image.png.b4d8c54a8d519adb851ff9f7c9a1e655.png

32 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

We should remember Pearl Harbor, although the roundup of innocent Japanese here in America was not our finest hour. I'll pass on Cotton Candy (too sweet). A salute to Illinois and both those named Joy, and Joy itself. Interesting quote. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink, yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Red Bay. 

It's still cloudy but almost 60F! We've had almost daily rain, and it continues through the weekend. On the agenda today: take my shot for the first time in a month (I'm also trying to decrease the Benadry I take for the local allergic reaction, because it knocks me out), bake the fruit bread this afternoon, start the basement cleanup.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to DSIL. Thanks for the photos. 

@Cat in my lap @kplady Great photos of Red Bay.

@ottahand7 I hope DB hasn't lost too much ground with not having PT for a few days.

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the recipe.

@marshhawk Sorry to hear of DMIL's fall and broken arm. My mother (who had dementia) fell in the personal care home. She had a break just below the shoulder. Too high to be casted, so they put her in a sling. Of course she didn't know what was going on, and constantly got out of the sling. I always thought that due to that, she had good range of motion after it was healed. You've got a hard job asking for donations that large in the current economy. Sorry your hours were cut. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

51209056_119-USSArizonaMemorial.thumb.jpg.27d9a569c2dcbebd4626528001c45b26.jpg

178797461_131-RosterofSoldiersEntombedinUSSArizona.thumb.jpg.d5a2b369218b23a4d5cca9fe67e792c1.jpg

Thank you Graham, Joy and Vanessa!  He's a good guy and we appreciate how he treats our DD.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@JazzyVThank you.  MIL does have early dementia, they sent her home last night-however, when DH called her this morning, she said she was about to get in the shower.  I thought that was a bit weird, and I am not sure who is at home with her.  I know that when I broke my elbow, I didnt get a real shower for a month!  DH poured water over my head to wash my hair, and that was about it.

it's not only the economy, it's the month of holiday spending.  add the two together, and I expect a lot of NO's, but I did not expect so many people not answering their phones.  LOL, I am actually happy when there is one number listed, and it's no longer in service.  I can close the call out, and not try again.  Fund raising is calling the same time that sales are calling, that special funding is calling, it's way too much.

@StLouisCruisers Just to let you know, you are getting rain at home this week but not as much as north of I20.  Your plants will look great when you get home.

cartoon%2Bof%2Bday-santa's%2Bcats.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Good morning everyone, 

Not much to report. The weather is warming up a bit and no temps in the freezing range for a few days and clouds and rain. I'm happy to see rain for a few days. Today is off to recycling and then to see DH. He's holding his own and our biggest issue is getting him to stand consistently. Once up he can walk although it's slow. I'd love him to be home for Christmas and am very cautiously optimistic it can happen. Prepared for it not to happen as well. His family's Christmas is the 27th so may have to attend on my own which is fine but not optimal. 

@JazzyV I agree that the interment of the Japanese Americans was not the finest hour. Has anyone read the book Dear Miss Breed? It's the story of a San Diego librarian who had many of her clients (young ones) in camps in the San Diego area. It was a good read and lots of historical photos. 

I have the tree mostly decorated and now time to get the cards out and get the Christmas letter done. I need to get the cards to Canada in the mail sooner than later. 

@marshhawk We are attending our local Skagit Symphony's Holiday concert matinee on Sunday. DH is really looking forward to it. I have our local bus company picking us up with a handicapped accessible bus and taking us to and back. This is a free service but they have a limited area. I wish I could get it to bring him own but we are outside the area. 

Have a good day everyone! 

Karen

• Like 21

Good afternoon.  I had a nice visit with my DB this morning.  He had nothing written on his white board in his room for PT and OT so hopefully they come in today to work with him.  He has been bedridden for so many days that they needed to catheterize him.   Hopefully this will be one and done and things start flowing again.   His room was beautifully decorated by his DIL and his grandkids.    

We had a nice lunch at a restaurant we have never been to.  It is called the Fly In and it is at the little private airport in the next town over.  It was great.  God burgers and sandwiches.   

My project this afternoon is trying how to program the new cable locks that I bought for my zipper suitcases.    We have to lock our suitcases for Luggage Forward.   I haven't had any luck with their instructions yet.   Probably should have bought the ones with the little keys instead......   Have a nice afternoon! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good afternoon.  I had a nice visit with my DB this morning.  He had nothing written on his white board in his room for PT and OT so hopefully they come in today to work with him.  He has been bedridden for so many days that they needed to catheterize him.   Hopefully this will be one and done and things start flowing again.   His room was beautifully decorated by his DIL and his grandkids.    

We had a nice lunch at a restaurant we have never been to.  It is called the Fly In and it is at the little private airport in the next town over.  It was great.  God burgers and sandwiches.   

My project this afternoon is trying how to program the new cable locks that I bought for my zipper suitcases.    We have to lock our suitcases for Luggage Forward.   I haven't had any luck with their instructions yet.   Probably should have bought the ones with the little keys instead......   Have a nice afternoon! 

• Like 3