Yes, they are charging for 2nd lobster tail

ShelleyQT

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If that were true (spoiler alert, it isn’t), than red lobster would need to be a top tier restaurant

Wow, I didn't know they had stuff like that, I've never been to one. What do they charge for that?  (Wait, I found it $35.00 in my area.) 

Edited by rmalbers

15 hours ago, Oville said:

Do you know how much lobster tails cost now?  New England lobster isn’t cheap by any means but those are real lobster not the crawfish relative.  Thanks for any info..

My Publix has them for $6, and they'll steam them for free.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

My Publix has them for $6, and they'll steam them for free.

Like I said, $5 extra per tail would be a reasonable amount of money for X to charge us. $21+ with tip is just insane for these tiny tails...They wouldn't lose any money, keep customers happier, and have less negative resentment

8 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Yes and who cooks it and serves it to you? Never seen lobster for $12 a pound not even 20 years ago.

Hope they start charging for those that order 2-3 meals...Food Hogs. If it costs Celebrity money it costs me money.

Judging people as "food hogs" while they are on vacation is unfair.  I drink more on vacation than I do at home, am I a "lush".  I sit on a lounge chair for hours on vacation, am I a "slug".  I don't make my bed, empty my trash or clean my bathroom, am I "lazy"...no I'm on vacation!  There is always going to be something on a cruise that is costing Celebrity money that you are not taking advantage of.  I say if someone wants to order 3 meals, so be it.  This is how cruising has been, an inclusive vacation.  

• Like 7

I have never ordered or eaten a lobster on any cruise line.  (Food allergies.)  It looks like I might have to reluctantly order one to give to my wife to avoid the surcharge.  I also have never ordered two of the Baked Alaska desserts, but I have been tempted!

(On Princess last week, I did order two "Floating Islands" desserts.  Yummy!  And no surcharge.)

5 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I have never ordered or eaten a lobster on any cruise line.  (Food allergies.)  It looks like I might have to reluctantly order one to give to my wife to avoid the surcharge.  I also have never ordered two of the Baked Alaska desserts, but I have been tempted!

(On Princess last week, I did order two "Floating Islands" desserts.  Yummy!  And no surcharge.)

If you've notified them of your allergy, that could be a challenge...

19 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If you've notified them of your allergy, that could be a challenge...

Why would I disclose my personal medical information to a cruise line?  Here, on the Board, I am anonymous so I am willing to.  Last week, a waiter asked me if I had any food allergies and I almost asked him where his medical degree was from. *****?? 

4 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Why would I disclose my personal medical information to a cruise line?  Here, on the Board, I am anonymous so I am willing to.  Last week, a waiter asked me if I had any food allergies and I almost asked him where his medical degree was from. *****?? 

Food allergies should be disclosed so that anything you order can be checked against allergens which may not be obvious from the description of the food.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rmalbers said:

I think that's going to be a big, it depends.  It depends on what they were able to buy for that cruise. 

I was on an X cruise 4 weeks ago and the Lobster in Murano was slightly Larger than the one I was served in the MDR but the Preparation right at your table in Murano is a show in itself (and delicious) the size difference could be the luck of the draw?

One Lobster Tail a meal is fine with me.

15 years ago on an X ship I ask the waiter if he could find me One more??? and he brought me Three more!

13 hours ago, Accessor said:

So yes, charging us $21 w/tip for a 4 ounce tail is an utter rip off....Carnival is only charging $5 per tail which is still making them a profit...

That $5 charge only kicks in on the third tail, so it's a comparative bargain.

5 hours ago, Julma said:

Judging people as "food hogs" while they are on vacation is unfair.  I drink more on vacation than I do at home, am I a "lush".  I sit on a lounge chair for hours on vacation, am I a "slug".  I don't make my bed, empty my trash or clean my bathroom, am I "lazy"...no I'm on vacation! 

I have to strongly agree with this -- have thought the same over the past couple of weeks over some of these posts that have me shaking my head. 

Have we become a world of begrudging grinches eyeing and condemning every forkful of food going into someone else's mouth or every sip from that third martini?

Why should someone on a vacation be made to feel bad about having an extra drink or an extra helping or an overpriced massage at the spa?  Some of us working stiffs get two weeks off per year. (Not me after 20+ years at the same company, but for some it's pretty grim.).  When your everyday world is gray, you might want some color on your vacation.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2023 at 6:39 AM, gerelmx said:

Is the lobster in the Murano the same size as the one in the MDR (4oz)?

I dined at the Murano in February.  Can't really tell you the size of he lobster because it is served cut into pieces with a French sauce over the top.

That said, the lobster is but one option of a 5-7 course meal, depending if you purchase the wine pairing or not.  Yu will not be leaving this place hungry or wanting another lobster tail.  Trust me.

I don't like paying extra for specialty dining, but Murano was incredible.  Enjoy !!

On 1/17/2023 at 9:48 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Judging people as "food hogs" while they are on vacation is unfair.  I drink more on vacation than I do at home, am I a "lush".  I sit on a lounge chair for hours on vacation, am I a "slug".  I don't make my bed, empty my trash or clean my bathroom, am I "lazy"...no I'm on vacation!

Have we become a world of begrudging grinches eyeing and condemning every forkful of food going into someone else's mouth or every sip from that third martini?

They would not eat like that if they had to pay for the Extra 2 meals they ordered. Yes, we are all on vacation but sitting on your chair costs nothing. We cruised with friends every night at dinner the couple would order 2 dinners each plus a pasta dish to share of course this was in addition to an appetizer, salad, soup then 2 desserts at the end of the meal. This is common for some, they told me they wanted to get their money's worth. This is a "food hog". When we were in port and had to pay for lunch they would split a piece of pizza and order a glass of water. Feel free to cruise with these people but I will never again if this is your idea of just being on vacation. 

Edited by southernbreezes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, southernbreezes said:

They would not eat like that if they had to pay for the Extra 2 meals they ordered. Yes, we are all on vacation but sitting on your chair costs nothing. We cruised with friends every night at dinner the couple would order 2 dinners each plus a pasta dish to share of course this was in addition to an appetizer, salad, soup then 2 desserts at the end of the meal. This is common for some, they told me they wanted to get their money's worth. This is a "food hog". When we were in port and had to pay for lunch they would split a piece of pizza and order a glass of water. Feel free to cruise with these people but I will never again if this is your idea of just being on vacation. 

Half of what you quoted is not my response, but someone else's.

However, using an extreme example does not mean everyone does the same....