Carnival Corporation Stock

doleary1170

Easy:

Step 1:  Buy 100 shares of CCL stock. (Currently around $10/share, but it's been as low as $8.00/share recently)

Step 2:  Fill out a form and email to Princess/Carnival/HAL or other CCL brands

Step 3:  Collect OBC

But as has been said, there's many, many threads about this.

• Like 2

Send an email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com.  No form necessary, include your name, Captain's Circle number, Booking #, date of cruise, name of ship and length.

Attach a recent copy of your share certificate, I black out everything except date, my name and number of shares.  Its a great perk and usually applied within a day or two.  

To see if it has been applied go into the Booked Guests option select your booking, on the right hand side you will see Payments click then select Onboard Reservations Balance.  They will not send you an email to let you know it has been applied.

HTH's

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just an FYI. If you are doing a B2B you have to send the information in for each cruise. This has to be done every cruise. 

Once the information is sent in it's not like Military OBC that only has to be filed once about every 10 years.

Edited by nasa1974
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Just an FYI. If you are doing a B2B you have to send the information in for each cruise. This has to be done every cruise. 

Once the information is sent in it's not like Military OBC that only has to be filed once about every 10 years.

Not quite.  If a guest has booked multiple B2B, you can send a single email and include all booking numbers.  The next time the guest has a new cruise, need to send in the information again.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Attach a recent copy of your share certificate, I black out everything except date, my name and number of shares.

Make that a recent copy of your broker's statement that shows the stock ownership. (Or the purchase confirmation if recently purchased.) 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, doleary1170 said:

Does princess have an onboard credit for owning CCL stock? How do I apply for this credit.

My apologies for the ones that lecture people to “do your own investigation” and “Google it”.  Cruise Critic is supposed to be that search for people with questions and understand it’s sometimes not easy or info is out of date.  Please keep reaching out if you have a question

And to answer your question as many have, you need to buy 100 shares of stock, fill in and mail in the form, and monitor your account for its arrival (probably need to send it in a month or so before your cruise).

And it’s at a very attractive price now at about $10.47 a share but unfortunately many of us bought it at much higher and the loss is much greater than the $100 credit.  But we hang on to it in the hope it rebounds.  What I’m trying to say is that it’s a stock and does come with risk to get the $100 credit

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

My apologies for the ones that lecture people to “do your own investigation” and “Google it”.  Cruise Critic is supposed to be that search for people with questions and understand it’s sometimes not easy or info is out of date.  Please keep reaching out if you have a question

And to answer your question as many have, you need to buy 100 shares of stock, fill in and mail in the form, and monitor your account for its arrival (probably need to send it in a month or so before your cruise).

And it’s at a very attractive price now at about $10.47 a share but unfortunately many of us bought it at much higher and the loss is much greater than the $100 credit.  But we hang on to it in the hope it rebounds.  What I’m trying to say is that it’s a stock and does come with risk to get the $100 credit

Good luck

Not always $100. It can be as low as $50, and as high as $250. See my post #5 in this thread.

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Not always $100. It can be as low as $50, and as high as $250. See my post #5 in this thread.

I don't think that's what "Cruise till you drop" meant.

I bought my shares last year at $10 a share. That's $1000 and may take a few cruises to see that cost of stock come back as OBC. If you bought the stock years ago when it was more expensive then now, it will take many more cruises to make up the difference of what you stock is now worth.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I bought our stock *strictly* to take advantage of the ongoing Stockholder Benefit for every cruise we take.  What we receive as that benefit FAR outweighs any dividend that we would EVER receive.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I don't think that's what "Cruise till you drop" meant.

I bought my shares last year at $10 a share. That's $1000 and may take a few cruises to see that cost of stock come back as OBC. If you bought the stock years ago when it was more expensive then now, it will take many more cruises to make up the difference of what you stock is now worth.

Part of the cost was made back by the dividend, which was paid, and in fact at one point doubled, before the disastrous consequences of Covid.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, doleary1170 said:

Does princess have an onboard credit for owning CCL stock? How do I apply for this credit.

Yes.  You have to own 100 shares of CCL stock to qualify for the credit, which you can do prior to cruising. The OBC amount is based on how many days the sailing has.  It varies from $50 to $250.
It's a nice little perk.

Edited by suzyed

On 1/22/2023 at 8:42 AM, Cruise till you drop said:

Good luck

A very kind response.

• Like 1

One cautionary note... Shareholder benefit is not guaranteed to always be available in the future. Current benefit is applicable for sailings through July 31, 2023 with reservations made by February 28, 2023.

There's no reason to believe that this benefit wouldn't be extended in the annual report (and it has every year since we got shares back in 2008), but it can't be 100% guaranteed. 

4 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

One cautionary note... Shareholder benefit is not guaranteed to always be available in the future. Current benefit is applicable for sailings through July 31, 2023 with reservations made by February 28, 2023.

There's no reason to believe that this benefit wouldn't be extended in the annual report (and it has every year since we got shares back in 2008), but it can't be 100% guaranteed. 

When we bought our 100 shares in October 2022 (at $7.10 a share), we were able to apply it immediately to booked cruises in April 2023 ($250 OBC), July 2023 ($10OBC), and - most surprisingly - April 2024 ($250 OBC).  I was surprised that they processed the latter and suppose I should keep an eye on it in July 2023 to see if it continues to show up.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 5:42 AM, Cruise till you drop said:

Note that the 100 shares doesn't have to be bought all at the same time.  Just make sure you have at least a 100 when you submit the form.

• Like 1