Favorite Celebrity Ship

horseymike

After some long hard thought, our vote goes to the Equinox. Why? It’s the only one we’ve been on. We’ve always stayed concierge deck 10 near the lifts / stairs which is one thing we love, plus we just love the atmosphere of the ship, staff have always been brilliant with a few exceptions, and the entertainment the same. Favourite bit, sunset bar watching the sea, or balcony watching the sea, or stood near the sun beds where my wife loves to sunbathe at on deck 12, watching the sea. Cafe el baccio worthy of a mention too.

• Like 1

Our most favourite was the Century but after our two cruises they sold it.  (I don't think it had anything to do with us.  lol)   So now our favourite is the Infinity.  We like the T-pool, we like that it's a smaller ship (compared to S-class), also that the Concierge cabins are a bit bigger than verandah cabins.   There are also a lot of spaces where we can have quiet conversations.  It doesn't feel crowded.

Most of our cruises have been on the Infinity or the Summit.  We tried a few of the S-class ships but they are too big for us. 

• Like 4

So far, it's Reflection. We like the size of S-class and the number of things to do on board. The Sunset Bar is one of my favorite spots on Earth. We also love the Signature Suites, and we prefer Michael's over the revolutionized Retreat Lounge. 

A fairly close second is Equinox. 

• Like 5

We fell in love with the Retreat on E class and our favorite is the Beyond. The new location of Luminae and  the expanded Sun Deck are great.  The Sunset bar is amazing, Le voyage is excellent and we like Craft Social and the World Class Bar.  

• Like 2

I would say the Constellation. The T pool was amazing and the rooftop garden at the back of the ship was where we spent the majority of our time. It just fit how we like to cruise. Under 600 people helped too;)

The edge is amazing too, we love the magic carpet and the overall vibe of the ship. The thing there is we also loved the live music, but that can change cruise to cruise. The different dining rooms are nice as well and reminded us of the rotational dining on Disney. Also if they got rid of that awful scent thing in Eden my wife can enjoy the space. 

We will see again soon if the Edge is still awesome. If there was just a good forward view for non suite guests it would rate higher for me. 

We have sailed on Millennium 7 times in different parts of the World.  We like the Revolutionized look and the moderate guest size (and Real Balconies) compared to the Edge size ships.

Some features I find appealing- 3 Sets of Elevators !!!, Forward Sky Lounge (None on E class) Large Windows in rear of MDR, Many Crew Like the Ship and Return year after year by Choice. It always seems to be a "happy" ship. I do miss not having Murano.

While Not specifically Looking for Mille if an Itinerary I'm looking at shows It being available I'm pleased.

We will be Onboard Milli in 6 days for B2B 7 night sailings from San Juan PR.  Why SJ?

Mostly because I have grown tired of MIA airport after going there 5 times last year and SJ is 1 day Closer to the Caribbean Islands we like.

• Like 4

Silhouette for Sky Lounge and restaurants.  Summit for Rendezvous Lounge, aft elevators, and enormous aft balconies.  When cruising restarted in 2021, one of my cruises on Summit had only about 15% occupancy (private yacht).  I went to the Rendezvous several times to hear private performances of a really good jazz group.  They were private performances because, other than the bartenders, I was the only person there (they played my requests, too)! 😉  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Silhouette for Sky Lounge and restaurants.  Summit for Rendezvous Lounge, aft elevators, and enormous aft balconies.  When cruising restarted in 2021, one of my cruises on Summit had only about 15% occupancy (private yacht).  I went to the Rendezvous several times to hear private performances of a really good jazz group.  They were private performances because, other than the bartenders, I was the only person there (they played my requests, too)! 😉  

That was a great cruise and a great band! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, horseymike said:

What is your favorite Celebrity Ship ?

What do you like about it the most ?

Much depends on which class you are cruising.  Some ships are more conducive to certain classes.  If you are traveling with the common folk, then I would go for an S-class ship.  My first choice would be  Silhouette.   Great Sky Lounge, ship layout, and great food.  

• Like 2

I would have to say Equinox.  Most ships are well maintained and look great and Equinox is no different.  The food was the best I have experienced on any ship!  For me, the crew makes the difference.  The crew on Equinox are the best we have sailed with.  They are friendly, helpful and respectful.  No request is too big or small.  Pete , our cruise director, hit the ball out of the park.  He was always available and was even in the terminal thanking guest and inviting us back.  Captain Matt was always around the ship and interacting with guest.  

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Much depends on which class you are cruising.  Some ships are more conducive to certain classes.  If you are traveling with the common folk, then I would go for an S-class ship.  My first choice would be  Silhouette.   Great Sky Lounge, ship layout, and great food.  

Well that’s a new and interesting perspective… 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 1:55 PM, horseymike said:

What is your favorite Celebrity Ship ?

What do you like about it the most ?

2 hours ago, montythecat said:

Millennium. Revolutionized. Forward facing lounge. And it just

happens to be the ship which gave us two of our socially most

enjoyable cruises. A vote from the heart !

I was just on the Millie in November.  My first three Celebrity cruises were on the Summit.  I'd say the Millie and the Summit at this point are virtually twins.  They're both very nice ships.  So to be contrarian, I'm gonna go with the Summit.  I'll be on her in 10 days, so maybe something will change my mind then.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 1

The Mercury!  Best crew on the high seas.  Whenever they left for time off they always came back to the same ship.  I made many friends on that ship who I still remain friends with.  The crew and officers shed tears on that last voyage on the stage at a farewell party.  That night the crew and guests danced together at a poolside party.  We sailed her 7 times in 14 months!

• Like 4