Favorite Celebrity Ship

horseymike

13 hours ago, riredsox said:

The Mercury!  Best crew on the high seas.  Whenever they left for time off they always came back to the same ship.  I made many friends on that ship who I still remain friends with.  The crew and officers shed tears on that last voyage on the stage at a farewell party.  That night the crew and guests danced together at a poolside party.  We sailed her 7 times in 14 months!

Yes!  We were on the last Mercury cruise before she sailed with only workers on board to become Mein Schiff.  We sailed on her four times and loved every one.  Century was another favourite, but now we love S class.

• Like 1

Favorite M-class is Millennium. Favorite S-class is Silhouette. I've been cruising a long time and it seems to me like certain ships have certain "vibes" -- year-in and year-out, even when crew and staff change. I don't know why, but these two ships both just seem to have a good thing going on.

We loved the Summit, especially when we could score one of the large aft balconies …once we even got one of the big corner ones!

we loved the Solstice. 

And now we love the Apex. We actually enjoy the extra space the IV provides and the amazing public spaces with lots of nooks and crannies. 

Great question.  I wasn't quite sure how to answer.  It gave me a chance to reflect on my ten past Celebrity sailings.  I have done five cruises each on M-class and S-class ships.  I have two more booked on Summit and Silhouette.  

I had lots of great memories on both classes of ships.  And these experiences could have easily taken place on any other Celebrity ship:

Summit -- 1st Celebrity cruise, 1st aqua (fabulous shared table mates)

Constellation -- 1st Celebrity cruise with my husband

Silhouette -- 1st suite

Equinox -- 1st ABC island cruise, another amazing suite experience, Captain Kate

Reflection -- 1st Med cruise

I have never sailed on an Edge-class ship.  The infinite verandahs along with the itineraries and the pricing of the non-infinite verandahs have always steered me away from this class.  I know all of the new venues and public spaces on board the E-class ships offer variety and beautiful cruising environments.  I am not opposed to giving one a try in the future.

Both the M-class and the S-class ships have features that the other does not.  I love the T-pool, Cellar Masters, and shaded, oversized Sunset Verandahs on M-class.  I love the wider variety of public spaces including the larger seating areas in the Martini Bar on S-class.

It is a close call.  I am going to favor S-class, but I don't think any cruise on any Celebrity ship would be a bad cruise.  All their ships offer a socially enjoyable setting.  If I had to choose just one ship it would be Celebrity Equinox.

Happy cruising!!

• Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 5:53 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

I'd say the Millie and the Summit at this point are virtually twins.

They really are.  I was on Millenium about a month after sailing on Summit, and it was the same ship (except for some decorations and, of course, the crew).  It was a little bizarre and comfortable at the same time.

• Like 1

We've been on the equinox twice, reflection once, summit twice and constellation once. 

The summit cruises were both last year, a charter last February was a fun cruise due to the itinerary but service and food were marginal at best. The other summit was a 9 day from iceland last August.  Food and service were lousy but that could be because of an outbreak of covid on the ship. Based on those cruises I probably wouldn't choose her again. 

First equinox cruise was X's first Mardi Gras cruise in 2017, an 11 nighter. Second was a 12 night southern Caribbean last March both excellent cruises. Very nice ship.

I really liked the Constellation when were on her. It was a very good cruise but that was 7 or 8 years ago and not had a chance to sail on her again due to changed itineraries. We would sail on her if we could.

Having said all that, every cruise is different based on the ship, itinerary, ports, time of year, weather, class/level you sail at, cabin/cabin location etc., etc. 

16 minutes ago, mac66 said:

We've been on the equinox twice, reflection once, summit twice and constellation once. 

The summit cruises were both last year, a charter last February was a fun cruise due to the itinerary but service and food were marginal at best. The other summit was a 9 day from iceland last August.  Food and service were lousy but that could be because of an outbreak of covid on the ship. Based on those cruises I probably wouldn't choose her again. 

First equinox cruise was X's first Mardi Gras cruise in 2017, an 11 nighter. Second was a 12 night southern Caribbean last March both excellent cruises. Very nice ship.

I really liked the Constellation when were on her. It was a very good cruise but that was 7 or 8 years ago and not had a chance to sail on her again due to changed itineraries. We would sail on her if we could.

Having said all that, every cruise is different based on the ship, itinerary, ports, time of year, weather, class/level you sail at, cabin/cabin location etc., etc. 

I can't remember if I mentioned it here, but one of my cruises on the Summit last February was also a charter.  Was it the same one?  Probably not.  I thought the service was great and the food was very good (despite mostly hanging out at the trough).  We were a little under capacity.  It just goes to show that the last line of your post is crucial - everyone's mileage does vary, based on many different things. 🙂

Edited by Honolulu Blue

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I can't remember if I mentioned it here, but one of my cruises on the Summit last February was also a charter.  Was it the same one?  Probably not.  I thought the service was great and the food was very good (despite mostly hanging out at the trough).  We were a little under capacity.  It just goes to show that the last line of your post is crucial - everyone's mileage does vary, based on many different things. 🙂

We did the Rock & Romance cruise on the Summit and it was full. Originally booked in 2020 on the Silhouette .  No canceling allowed.

Edited by mac66
  • Like 1

For me it’s been the Reflection ever since I first sailed on her, but I recently was on the Summit and it is absolutely gorgeous since being renovated. I was on the summit 11 years ago and thought it was looking run down but it looks like a brand new ship after being renovated. I think I’d still take the Reflection but the summit is a close 2nd.

Like @Stem to Stern we found your question very thought provoking. We’ve enjoyed every cruise we’ve taken. We liked things about each ship class, but we haven’t yet sailed on a revolutionized M-class ship. We’ve always sailed in Veranda cabins (including Infinite Veranda, Sunset Veranda, Concierge & Aqua) or Sky Suites. We sailed mostly European and Transatlantic itineraries pre-pandemic. We’ve sailed only Caribbean itineraries post-startup. Our future cruises are Caribbean (Beyond), Norway, Iceland & Ireland (Apex), and Australia & New Zealand (Edge). These future cruises are in Sky Suites and an Aqua cabin (note that all Aqua cabins on Edge class are Infinite Verandas). Cruises under consideration are a Vancouver to Hawaii on Edge and a South America on Equinox. These would be in an Infinite Veranda and a Veranda respectively.

Millennium - (first cruise) Mediterranean 

Silhouette - Adriatic, Baltic

Reflection - EB Transatlantic, Caribbean 

Summit - New England/Canada 

Edge - EB Transatlantic, Caribbean 

Equinox - Caribbean 

Apex - (first b2b) Caribbean 

We loved the corner aft Sky Suite and the Sunset Veranda but due to my motion sickness issues during moderately rough seas (controlled with Bonine, but not fun) we’ll stick closer to midship in future. 

On M class, we’d prefer a Concierge Veranda or Aqua cabin because they are larger than regular veranda cabins. We might book a Sky Suite if we could snag one with a shower instead of a tub.

On S class, we’d prefer a midship Veranda cabin or a near midship Aqua cabin that is NOT below a public deck.

On E class, we’d prefer a midship Sky Suite or a midship Infinite Veranda 

DH and I could not choose only one favorite ship. His are Edge and Reflection. Mine are Edge and Silhouette. Note: DH wants me to add that he is usually right😂

• Like 1