Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

On 4/8/2023 at 12:35 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

WOW !! am I glad I read this post with so many contributions with unexplained noises, creaking in lots of the locations. The videos looked so promising but the actual feedback from lots of CC cruisers speak for themselves. This week I booked the Beyond for March 2024, a mid ship deck six Edge Veranda. NOW.... I'm having second thoughts and will conceivably cancel thanks to what I'm reading. The great  itinerary (especially going to Barbados on a large ship was our selling point and returning to Celebrity from a change from being Loyal to Royal) We got off the Voyager OTS  from San Juan doing close to the same itinerary three weeks ago and wanted to plan something similar from Ft. Lauderdale in March or April 2024. On a side note, our sliding balcony door cabin 6584 made a click click sound when the ship was moving, it was loud enough to keep you awake and wake you up. We had an excellent cabin attendant that did everything he could for four days trying to resolve the problem, eventually maintenance came up took the door off and replaced parts UNDER the threshold, then the nose stopped. I'm not looking forward to having what I've been reading about the Beyond, does this appear to be an issue with ALL of this class of ships? If this is the case then I'll have to look at a different class newer Celebrity ship that may hopefully have that itinerary. As someone from the northeast the airfare to San Juan was very steep so leaving from Ft. Lauderdale at that time of the year is our preference. Thanks in advance to those who reply. 

I’ve sailed Apex, heard no such noises.

8 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’ve sailed Apex, heard no such noises.

I'm thinking perhaps they finished working on the Beyond either late on a Monday or early on a Friday so they could go home leaving a few areas of the ship not as tights as one would expect it to be. A poster posted a video and it sounded like gunfire taking place, I don't know anyone who could get to sleep with the sound of gunfire. I'm happy to read that the Apex wasn't one of the E ships with that problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

We are on Beyond Sunday room 10223. Any word on noise in that room. I will report back after the cruise..Any help would be appreciated.

I've read the post and saw the video of the ungodly noise that's taken place in some of the cabins a few days ago, but there's been nothing new to read whatsoever. I hope your cruise goes well and you'll be posting your thoughts and give us the good news that you didn't have any noise issues. it's interesting that there's been no noise reports from other places on the ship like the dining room and and any other open decks, only in the cabins when moving. Pleasant voyage !

5 minutes ago, Macdl said:

We are in cabin 7172 …but not too worried .. I won’t hear anything over my husbands snoring ..lol

Lots of lol's there, did you read some of the threads and posts with cabin numbers and look at the video by chance? Look it up if you haven't. Hard to believe it could be happening on a newer cruise ship Macdl.

31 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Lots of lol's there, did you read some of the threads and posts with cabin numbers and look at the video by chance? Look it up if you haven't. Hard to believe it could be happening on a newer cruise ship Macdl.

It does sound serious.. and one of the cabins listed is next to mine .. hopefully by September they will have it sorted out 💕. The cruise and flights prices are insane .. thinking it may be our lady cruise😩

5 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

I'm thinking perhaps they finished working on the Beyond either late on a Monday or early on a Friday so they could go home leaving a few areas of the ship not as tights as one would expect it to be. A poster posted a video and it sounded like gunfire taking place, I don't know anyone who could get to sleep with the sound of gunfire. I'm happy to read that the Apex wasn't one of the E ships with that problem.

Unfortunately Apex was definitely also affected. We sailed her Feb 2022 in a SS on deck 10 port side. The noise for the first few nights was very similar to the video.  We did our best with blasting sleep music but still woke us up. Maintenance couldn't fix it and we switched rooms partway through the cruise. That was at the time of 50% full ships though and now I imagine such a switch wouldn't be as possible.

It seems perhaps Beyond is even worse but definitely also happened on Apex. 

Anyone experience this issue on deck 6 in the 6212 to 6216 group of cabins. I read 6287 had the issue. I had read that this new design of E ships that there's something built under the bow area to facilitate air bubbles to make the ride smoother when the seas get rough. Has anyone researched this as well?

We were on Apex in March. There were some noises but nothing like the video. More than I have heard in S and M class ships though. But this was also the roughest seas I have ever seen - to the point they closed all IV windows on the ship. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JLS07 said:

We were on Apex in March. There were some noises but nothing like the video. More than I have heard in S and M class ships though. But this was also the roughest seas I have ever seen - to the point they closed all IV windows on the ship. 

Where were you sailing to and from? Did you find the Apex handled the rough seas better than other class ships?

49 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Where were you sailing to and from? Did you find the Apex handled the rough seas better than other class ships?

Caribbean sailing.  I thought the ship did well.  Of course it moaned and creaked some, but that is to be expected.  

We sail Apex and Beyond within a week of each other in Europe this summer so I will report back with a comparison.  SV for both, within one deck also, so it should be very comparable for at least that classification of room.

• Thanks 1

Happy to report that we are having minimal noise issues on Beyond this week, cabin 10108. On our second night, leaving Nassau and sailing through the Florida Straights, we did experience some creaking and popping noises in the cabin. But nothing that a set of earplugs could not negate. We have not experienced any issues thereafter.

Compared to our experience in Apex 10200 two years ago, this is nothing. That cabin had a steady creak/squeak no matter what the sea conditions. (And that is why we now always travel with earplugs!)

All that to say, based on our current experience, we would not hesitate to book Beyond again.

49 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

Happy to report that we are having minimal noise issues on Beyond this week, cabin 10108. On our second night, leaving Nassau and sailing through the Florida Straights, we did experience some creaking and popping noises in the cabin. But nothing that a set of earplugs could not negate. We have not experienced any issues thereafter.

Compared to our experience in Apex 10200 two years ago, this is nothing. That cabin had a steady creak/squeak no matter what the sea conditions. (And that is why we now always travel with earplugs!)

All that to say, based on our current experience, we would not hesitate to book Beyond again.

Thanks for your review Mrs_Tiki. much appreciated ! If possible, please let us know how things are going at least by the nearing of your cruise.

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

We have 21 days coming up on her very soon, so if I can remember, I’ll report.  No issues with 26 days on Apex, b2b last fall.  We are on the wake again!

Sounds like a plan !! Have a great time Lastdance !

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

Well I am booked on the Ascent for next fall and one would think they would have all those issues resolved.  

I do find a lot of balcony rooms to be noisy if it is windy outside.  But for the most part really really loud creaking means something in the seams or walls is amiss and needs to be fixed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Well I am booked on the Ascent for next fall and one would think they would have all those issues resolved.  

I do find a lot of balcony rooms to be noisy if it is windy outside.  But for the most part really really loud creaking means something in the seams or walls is amiss and needs to be fixed.

Yes,  I would think that too, after all, the cruise line right down to the Captain of the ships to maintenance and the cabin attendants should all be aware of this on going problem with this class of ships. Thanks for your reply Oceansaway17.

4 hours ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

I'm happy to read your post, enjoy your next ports and the Beyond !

Just off Beyond, S2 on Deck 10 Mid (slightly Aft). 

Heard a bit of creaking for a bit the 1st night (I guess there was a storm--if so, the bit of creaking was the only sign!)

Never heard it again.

Sailed Beyond out of New York last September on deck 8 (can’t remember the exact room number).  Had the “popping” noise the first night.  Spoke with Customer Service next day and we were upgraded to Concierge and moved to deck 11.  All was quiet after that.  We’re on Apex in September - hoping it’s all resolved by then.