Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

I experienced the noises myself on Beyond.  Cabin 7161.  I had read of these noises but only after final payment so I hoped for the best.  Alas, we weren’t lucky.  I sleep with Bose Sleepbuds and the banging was so loud it woke me up.  We have sailed Edge several times and never had this issue.  So I have no idea if other E Class ships have the same creaking/banging issues Beyond does.  But I spend a lot of time in the cabin and this was a deal breaker for us; I won’t sail on Beyond again.  That’s just my experience and perspective…YMMV.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I am no maritime expert.  I have yet to book a sailing on an Edge-class ship and probably won’t until this issue is rectified.  In my 15 cruises on 11 different ships across five different cruise lines I have never encountered such noise as recorded in the above video.

No doubt "Stem to Stern" this would certainly be an eye opener for a first time to a seasoned cruiser. You'd think this would be something happening on an old and tired ship. We're very seasoned cruisers and this issue from what I'm reading seems to be taking place on the Edge series. Definitely not cool !

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

I experienced the noises myself on Beyond.  Cabin 7161.  I had read of these noises but only after final payment so I hoped for the best.  Alas, we weren’t lucky.  I sleep with Bose Sleepbuds and the banging was so loud it woke me up.  We have sailed Edge several times and never had this issue.  So I have no idea if other E Class ships have the same creaking/banging issues Beyond does.  But I spend a lot of time in the cabin and this was a deal breaker for us; I won’t sail on Beyond again.  That’s just my experience and perspective…YMMV.

Geez... there's not a lot more to be able to add to what you've said about the Beyond. I have the Bose headset but that's not how I want to enjoy our $5,000.00 cruise. Would you suggest another of their class ship? As mentioned we like that particular itinerary that I posted. need to get in a minimum of seven nights or the airfare and one night stay over in Florida isn't worth it. thank you again. I'm hoping to read more from others who have experienced this, even on the other Celebrity class ships.

On 4/6/2023 at 6:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

It would really be helpful to the community if everyone that sailed Beyond would  report their cabin # on Beyond and report any noise problem -  or quiet cabins.    This will be a really helpful resource.

Has anyone had any of the noise issues described on the Beyond's, deck 6 mid ship E-2 cabins? To date I haven't read any. Issues mentioned in posts, those who have seem to be from deck 8 and above cabins. Thanks in advance.

I think the door banging is because of the strong magnets that hold the lav door closed and the closet doors closed  No matter how hard you try when the door is about closed it will pull from your hand and slam 

We solved the lav door problem by hanging a robe or towel on the door and pull it across the edge of the door when closing the door.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

We stayed in a deck eight sunset veranda on Beyond in early February 2023. The thumping I heard was the partition on the veranda between balconies when the ship was sailing, not in port. I stuck a sock in it and that ended the problem once and for all. Inside our cabin the only noise was the infernal bathroom door which closes with a bang no matter how gently you try to close it. Tough at night when you don't want to wake your spouse or whoever in the room.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, miched said:

Recently got off of the Beyond.  We were in a SS.   There were a few nights when the cabin creaked.  It didn’t wake us up or kept us from passing out. 😱.   If you drink enough it won’t affect you. 🤗

I don’t think it is anything more than what we have experienced on other ships.  Too many are making an issue out of nothing.  

I don’t want to list my cabin number as I don’t want Celebrity to know my screen name and real name.   I am in good standings with them and don’t want to jeopardize it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

So just because you didn't experience it you think its nothing? Wow 

This is cabin 11196 on Beyond in February 

Edited by janbear
added video
  • Like 1

We were on the Beyond in January in MC suite #10785 and had banging and creaking 3 out of the 7 nights. Our friends in an outside #3158 heard it every night. We will be on the Beyond next Sunday in an IV #11159 and I am hoping it won't be an issue.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2023 at 6:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

It would really be helpful to the community if everyone that sailed Beyond would  report their cabin # on Beyond and report any noise problem -  or quiet cabins.    This will be a really helpful resource.

You're right, Jim.  I rectified that earlier.  I was very honest with Celebrity on the questionnaire about the noises we experienced and forgot to register them here.  Done!

3 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Has anyone had any of the noise issues described on the Beyond's, deck 6 mid ship E-2 cabins? To date I haven't read any. Issues mentioned in posts, those who have seem to be from deck 8 and above cabins. Thanks in advance.

I mentioned my cabin in #43.  Our cabin was directly below Cabin 7250, an E-1 cabin.  In speaking with neighbors around us and others throughout the ship, the noise problem was hit or miss.  Hopefully, you will be a miss! ☺️

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, miched said:

I think the door banging is because of the strong magnets that hold the lav door closed and the closet doors closed  No matter how hard you try when the door is about closed it will pull from your hand and slam 

We solved the lav door problem by hanging a robe or towel on the door and pull it across the edge of the door when closing the door.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We did that too during the night so as not to wake up each other when using the bathroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We also had no issues on the three sailings we took on the Edge. Just on the Beyond that I posted about previously.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, newtampagirl said:

We were on the Beyond in January in MC suite #10785 and had banging and creaking 3 out of the 7 nights. Our friends in an outside #3158 heard it every night. We will be on the Beyond next Sunday in an IV #11159 and I am hoping it won't be an issue.

Please post to let us all know what you found. Hopefully there wont be any issue again.

Edited by DJLDRUMS

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We have a cruise booked on Apex in November.  Fingers crossed there.  Otherwise than that, we’re sticking to S Class.

You might be swaying us from the Beyond in early 2024 with what we've learned and heard from the noise video. I may look into the Silhouette doing a 10 or 11 night Ultimate Southern Caribbean. 

Have mercy! If I were in another room and heard that video I would have thought the TV was on and the news was reporting on the war in Ukraine.  💯 sounds like a gun with a summertime hail storm coming in a close 2nd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2023 at 5:08 PM, newtampagirl said:

Please be sure to post your results, I'm sure by now comments after the cruise must be making someone in Miami aware of the problem.

On 4/7/2023 at 2:27 PM, Mrs_Tiki said:

Oh my, I am sorry to hear that this continues. We will board on Sunday, and this reminds me to pack earplugs!

Mrs_Tiki from what some are saying you may need more than earplugs. Hope you have a wonderful cruise with no issues, please let us know how you make out.

We sailed on the Beyond in March. Sunset Balcony level 9. No banging at all. I understand your noise concern and you would think Celebrity would be working to address it. The Beyond is a summer ship in my opinion. You have had over 150,000 cruise on it and while there is more complaints on this board than normal it sure does not seem to stop people from cruising on it. 

probably most people incl TAs don't know...

Although we had no issue with our   EDGE cabins,  or our Sky Suite on BEYOND ,we would not take a chance..esp with ships sailing full again.  No place to move to....

fingers crossed that we do okay on ASCENT and will go back to S Class!

We had no noise issues on our 3 Edge sailings sailing in 3 different cabins, nor on our Apex sailing.  The only creaking and banging noise we encountered on the Beyond was during 2 days of rough stormy weather, outside of that time it was quiet. 

We were on the Beyond last week, and there was "no noise" in our cabin, 7299.  We absolutely loved the infinite veranda!!!!  Some nights we slept with the window down, it felt great hearing the ocean!  Infinite veranda is our favorite!

Edited by oceanbeau10