Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

Currently on beyond. Our room sounds like it’s falling apart. Woke us up last night repeatedly.  They might have to take this whole thing apart and put it back together again. 
Our butler offered to have someone come check it out but the sounds are coming from the walls, the doors, and ceilings… everywhere.  I know it’s not something they can fix , but he tried. 

40 minutes ago, Dylan0474mac said:

Currently on beyond. Our room sounds like it’s falling apart. Woke us up last night repeatedly.  They might have to take this whole thing apart and put it back together again. 
Our butler offered to have someone come check it out but the sounds are coming from the walls, the doors, and ceilings… everywhere.  I know it’s not something they can fix , but he tried. 

Please write a review and share your suite #, along with sharing here too!  I have an SS booked for April, so help many of us out by specific details.  Sorry that this is happening.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Please write a review and share your suite #, along with sharing here too!  I have an SS booked for April, so help many of us out by specific details.  Sorry that this is happening.

We are in 9200, a magic carpet sky suite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dylan0474mac said:

This issue is the very reason we cancel the upcoming TA cruise.

Hopefully they do something to erase your discomfort.

Good luck to you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You have my sympathy as well.  We sailed on Beyond (cabin 7161) in November, had this experience and will not sail her again.  Have sailed Edge several times without this issue.  My husband made some paper shims and inserted them into some of the wall and ceiling connections and they helped a little.  I sleep with Bose sleepbuds and the noise woke me up regardless.

• Thanks 1

So sorry to those who have experienced this and thank you for reporting here.  We’re booked for May. Always travel with a sound machine but I told hubs to bring home ear plugs from work. Hmmm should we bring bungie ties for anything that moves and creaks and WD40 as well 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

So sorry to those who have experienced this and thank you for reporting here.  We’re booked for May. Always travel with a sound machine but I told hubs to bring home ear plugs from work. Hmmm should we bring bungie ties for anything that moves and creaks and WD40 as well 😅

This sure sounds like Reduced Luxury, bring your own can of WD 40 to stop the squeaks 

• Haha 5

I am also on the Beyond   on the same floor as 9200  but Port side.  Very quiet and no sounds.  I had been worried from the reviews but feel fortunate. 

We had those sounds one year on the Eclipse.  They were coming from the a/c ducts.

• Like 3

I am on the Beyond now too 11196 on the magic carpet side. The creaking, popping etc is pretty much continuous. My sound machine allows me to block most of it out for sleeping but I would definitely avoid this cabin if you have any noise sensitivities.

• Like 2

We were on the Beyond 2 weeks ago. For 3 nights our room (SV) sounded like it was going to fall apart. We contacted Guest Services and they sent someone to fix the problem, which was loose metal stripping around the cabin wall. It only took them an hour to repair. .The next night was perfectly quite.. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 39august said:

That;s two on the magic carpet side of the ship. Perhaps that is the only area affected?

Maybe it is the Magic Carpet that is causing all the ruckus.  But is it only the worst on Beyond?  An upcoming Beyond sailing recently had a great price on Magic Carpet Suites.  There were twelve available when I saw the price reduction thread appear on here.  They were all booked by the next day.  Not sure I would be willing to risk the chance of having all this noise in my stateroom.  I wonder if these three creaky cabin threads could be merged.

2 minutes ago, sun bum said:

our room (SV) sounded like it was going to fall apart. We contacted Guest Services and they sent someone to fix the problem, which was loose metal stripping around the cabin wall. It only took them an hour to repair.  The next night was perfectly quiet. 

Sunset Verandahs too?!?  Now this is sounding more like a workmanship issue.

• Like 2

I was on Beyond a few weeks ago in an inside cabin (11177) and I didn't hear any creaks, groans or pops. I guess that's the advantage to being a cheapskate.

I did, however, have a wonderful cruise, ate in Eden three time and ate in Le Voyage once; all great meals. The production shows — Elements, Stage Door, Jazz Joint and Wonder at Eden: Dreams were all spectacular.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, helen haywood said:

You have my sympathy as well.  We sailed on Beyond (cabin 7161) in November, had this experience and will not sail her again.  Have sailed Edge several times without this issue.  My husband made some paper shims and inserted them into some of the wall and ceiling connections and they helped a little.  I sleep with Bose sleepbuds and the noise woke me up regardless.

Oh no, we're in 7175 for the fall TA and that sounds too close for comfort.

UPDATE: day 3

maintanence game by today with ladders drills etc but we headed out to let them do their work. We came back after a great day of service and unfortunately still have the same noises. We got a call from the service team asking us if the issue was fixed and after I politely explained that it wasn’t and probably couldn’t be during this voyage she understood. Everyone has gone above and beyond to try to fix the situation, but I don’t think the the room can be fixed during a voyage. However, the amount of effort and care our butler, concierge team, and hotel management have put into this problem is very refreshing. We can’t be mad at the crew for a ship they didn’t build. They did make a comment that beyond’s extra length and width may have played into the issue.  

besides the noise, everything else has been amazing with incredible service. 

Edited by Dylan0474mac
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, Dylan0474mac said:

. We can’t be mad at the crew for a s

hip they didn’t build. They did make a comment that beyond’s extra length and width may have played into the issue.  

besides the noise, everything else has been amazing with incredible service. 

Good to hear your kind, positive attitude!

Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sun bum said:

We were on the Beyond 2 weeks ago. For 3 nights our room (SV) sounded like it was going to fall apart. We contacted Guest Services and they sent someone to fix the problem, which was loose metal stripping around the cabin wall. It only took them an hour to repair. .The next night was perfectly quite.. 

Mind me asking what your cabin #was?  We have 11296 booked. 

We were on the Beyond out of FLL on December 11th. Our room, just a regular IV, #6287 on the port side was creaking and groaning like crazy. But the ocean had these crazy long swells. Not choppy. Not the kind of the thing that the stabilizers could stabilize against. The Captain apologized repeatedly.

The last night when the sea had settled and looked like glass it was blissfully quiet.

For us, hubby identified the window as the problem. But since we're hearing it happening to rooms with real balconies, it must have to do with the fact that the majority of the ship is built clear to the outer edge with no external support structure to brace it. Or not enough.

It's still a beautiful ship, but if you're sensitive to sound, bring ear plugs or a sound machine.

On 2/21/2023 at 11:36 AM, 39august said:

That;s two on the magic carpet side of the ship. Perhaps that is the only area affected?

We were in 9154, magic carpet side but forward a bunch of cabins. No creaking at all. 

mac_tlc

• 1 month later...