Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

We had this issue last October sailing on Apex in a regular (non-Magic Carpet) midship SS on deck 10. It was really bad a few nights and woke us up despite using white noise.  We still loved the cruise and the ship but yes it was shockingly loud at night in anything but extremely calm seas.

We were on Deck 10 mid ship, port side, we had some storms and rough seas and we didn’t have a noise problem. There was some occasional creaking when the seas got rough but no more than any ship in rough seas nothing that kept us awake.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 12:31 PM, Dylan0474mac said:

Currently on beyond. Our room sounds like it’s falling apart. Woke us up last night repeatedly.  They might have to take this whole thing apart and put it back together again. 
Our butler offered to have someone come check it out but the sounds are coming from the walls, the doors, and ceilings… everywhere.  I know it’s not something they can fix , but he tried. 

Sounds like you were on the same sailing as us. We were in SS #11180 within the MC. The first night was unbearable with the cracking, popping and banging. Not to mention that the wall by our headboard sounded like a bowling ball rolling back and forth. I mentioned this to our butler and by the third day a crew spent almost 4 hours and basically tore apart and put back together the ceiling, trim and put in extra screws all along the top window and door frame. 

The Retreat host explained afterwards that a shoreside engineering crew was onboard our sailing to handle these issues as they were being notified by guests. They were trying to resolve as much as they could before Beyond sails to Europe. 

As for our room it was much quieter after the repairs. However, the bowling ball in the wall was still there but nothing could be done about that since the wall itself would have to be disassembled. Maybe during the next drydock. We did sleep much better!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On Beyond right now. MC suite 7208 is ok. I did hear some banging day 3 but it stopped. Fingers crossed it continues to behave. 

In Retreat lounge this AM, two additional couples were discussing their cabin issues. Fellow MC Suite 8214 is apparently a banging one. Didn’t catch the other one. It’s really unfortunate. This ship is full so no options for them to move. 

Does X indicate  at focus groups or Cap lectures that a fix might happen as each ship has a short drydock? 

We had no issues on EDGE twice and Beyond... all diff decks and  cabin styles.

We will be on DECK  10 on ASCENT..hoping for the best but reluctant to book another  E class cruise in the future,....

• Thanks 1

It would really be helpful to the community if everyone that sailed Beyond would  report their cabin # on Beyond and report any noise problem -  or quiet cabins.    This will be a really helpful resource.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It would really be helpful to the community if everyone that sailed Beyond would  report their cabin # on Beyond and report any noise problem -  or quiet cabins.    This will be a really helpful resource.

I have:  6287,7161,18214, 8285, 9200,11180 and 11186...

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We brought over the Beyond this past October from Barcelona to Bayonne NJ.  Were in Cabin 8130.  The noise coupled with strong winds on the crossing made sleeping a challenge.  Will never do an Edge class ship again on a crossing.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Recently got off of the Beyond.  We were in a SS.   There were a few nights when the cabin creaked.  It didn’t wake us up or kept us from passing out. 😱.   If you drink enough it won’t affect you. 🤗

I don’t think it is anything more than what we have experienced on other ships.  Too many are making an issue out of nothing.  

I don’t want to list my cabin number as I don’t want Celebrity to know my screen name and real name.   I am in good standings with them and don’t want to jeopardize it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Coochuck said:

We brought over the Beyond this past October from Barcelona to Bayonne NJ.  Were in Cabin 8130.  The noise coupled with strong winds on the crossing made sleeping a challenge.  Will never do an Edge class ship again on a crossing.   

We were on that sailing and had the same challenge in our cabin - PO 6238.  Beautiful cabin, great location, terrific cabin attendant, but it very noisy where we were located.  Naps helped, but we are leery to book Edge-class ships at this point and will stick with M and S-class ships for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had asked other cruisers on Beyond about the noises in their cabins. About 10 couples.  Unfortunately,  more than not  had issues which included creaking and/or banging.  We were in calm seas as well. We were lucky as our AQ cabin was real quiet --but I was apprehensive before the cruise.  It seemed that more issues were on the starboard side but this was a small sampling.

I believe that Celebrity would want to know the issues and try to fix them, so posting factual information, IMHO, helps bring awareness to the issues.  If problems are being corrected, according to several posts, that is a good thing, along with one of the reasons why I do not cruise a brand new ship when first released. Personally, I am going to spend 21 days onboard, so feel that having a cabin/suite that doesn’t keep me up all night is important; yes, I have been in one of those before and it was miserable.  They tried to fix the issue, but it never improved.  I am not a light sleeper at all and this has never been the case going forward, as I like a Little rock n roll.  There are times when there is going to be noise due to high seas, wind and storms, but not an ongoing issue, even in calm seas.  

Edited by Lastdance

WOW !! am I glad I read this post with so many contributions with unexplained noises, creaking in lots of the locations. The videos looked so promising but the actual feedback from lots of CC cruisers speak for themselves. This week I booked the Beyond for March 2024, a mid ship deck six Edge Veranda. NOW.... I'm having second thoughts and will conceivably cancel thanks to what I'm reading. The great  itinerary (especially going to Barbados on a large ship was our selling point and returning to Celebrity from a change from being Loyal to Royal) We got off the Voyager OTS  from San Juan doing close to the same itinerary three weeks ago and wanted to plan something similar from Ft. Lauderdale in March or April 2024. On a side note, our sliding balcony door cabin 6584 made a click click sound when the ship was moving, it was loud enough to keep you awake and wake you up. We had an excellent cabin attendant that did everything he could for four days trying to resolve the problem, eventually maintenance came up took the door off and replaced parts UNDER the threshold, then the nose stopped. I'm not looking forward to having what I've been reading about the Beyond, does this appear to be an issue with ALL of this class of ships? If this is the case then I'll have to look at a different class newer Celebrity ship that may hopefully have that itinerary. As someone from the northeast the airfare to San Juan was very steep so leaving from Ft. Lauderdale at that time of the year is our preference. Thanks in advance to those who reply. 

• Like 1

I am no maritime expert.  I have yet to book a sailing on an Edge-class ship and probably won’t until this issue is rectified.  In my 15 cruises on 11 different ships across five different cruise lines I have never encountered such noise as recorded in the above video.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 2