Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

I have never been on any cruise, on board any shipe with whichever cruise line-  where I did not hear some creaking sounds- I rather like it- makes me feel I am on a board a ship.

I would recommend to stick with land based vacations if you don´t want to be disturbed by a noise every ship makes. I saw and head the videos - yes- but I really did not find it to unusual.

Just remember YOU ARE ON BOARD A SHIP- THAT THING MOVES- IT IS BOUND TO MAKE SOME NOISE- IT IS BOUND TO SHIFT NOW AND THEN!

Edited by Germancruiser

On 4/8/2023 at 5:08 PM, newtampagirl said:

We were on the Beyond in January in MC suite #10785 and had banging and creaking 3 out of the 7 nights. Our friends in an outside #3158 heard it every night. We will be on the Beyond next Sunday in an IV #11159 and I am hoping it won't be an issue.

Update: I am happy to report that we heard no out of the ordinary creaking or popping in our cabin bedroom. However; the bathroom floor creaked with every step, especially near the shower or toilet. Which is pretty much the whole floor LOL! Our cabin was on deck 11 midship.

• 2 weeks later...

We are trying to figure out whether we should change our cabin (for next winter) from starboard to port. It’s a Sky Suite on Deck 9, about halfway between the two elevators. Cabin 9180. From people’s reports, more often than not, it’s the starboard cabin numbers that have the problems. But that could just be a coincidence with the few CC readers on this thread
Before the sailing gets too filled up, especially the Sky Suites, we’d love to have the chance to switch to an area that DOESN’T seem to make horrendous noises. 

I recently started a booking for a Beyond Med cruise for Spring 24 but I didn’t complete the booking. I got a call from a ‘Celebrity Cruises Personal Vacation Planner’ to see if she could assist finalizing the booking.  I explained I was hesitant to book a IV Aqua room because of noise problems with cabins on E Class ships.

She explained that there were no noises on IV cabins that were across the hallway to inside cabins.  There were ‘reports’ of noises with cabins that were not directly across from inside cabins. 889A79C6-B14F-4B3B-8080-2DA92FDE6AF1.thumb.jpeg.33ca1124492634e230bb0652f464f2de.jpeg

I did take her advice and book. 

Has anyone else heard this theory?

• Like 1

This thread and several on another site convinced me to not book Beyond for our first Celebrity Cruise. The ship is amazingly beautiful, I really wanted to sail with Captain Kate and her weird cat and the itinerary was bucket list worthy. I am intrigued by the Infinite Balcony and would have given it a go. As a budget conscious traveler I could not spend the most I have ever spent on a cruise (even though it is for 2 special birthdays) with even a possibility of those noises and the lack of sleep that might occur. No, I don’t like ear plugs or noise machines. 

If we love our cruise on Equinox and I read that the noises are fixed on this class of ship I would certainly give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

We are in 9306 right now and this is most definitely still a problem. Hardly slept a wink last night. Had 3 visits already for the day. 1 maintenance man who side yes it’s a problem when the sea is rough. Housekeeping to say housekeeping manager was coming and housekeeping manager came later. As we did not sleep much in the day we were sleeping and woken by all the “visits”.

The sea was calm when they visited as we were going through a quiet area between islands. The Housekeeping manager said to call at any time if it started back. When we went out in open water again and the sea had SMALL swells it started again. I called Guest services and explained and the agent said “oh she sees no notes on it so I need to explain to her again” I told her I am in holiday and I don’t want to spend my holiday dealing with this….. this is my first cruise with Celebrity and I think it will be my last. I have cruises before with Seaborne and Oceania without issue.

I am taking the time to write this as I think it’s fair for future cruisers to be aware. I personally have a heart condition and I need my sleep and I explained this to them…… Not looking forward to 12 days of this 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SarahBDS said:

We are in 9306 right now and this is most definitely still a problem. Hardly slept a wink last night. Had 3 visits already for the day. 1 maintenance man who side yes it’s a problem when the sea is rough. Housekeeping to say housekeeping manager was coming and housekeeping manager came later. As we did not sleep much in the day we were sleeping and woken by all the “visits”.

The sea was calm when they visited as we were going through a quiet area between islands. The Housekeeping manager said to call at any time if it started back. When we went out in open water again and the sea had SMALL swells it started again. I called Guest services and explained and the agent said “oh she sees no notes on it so I need to explain to her again” I told her I am in holiday and I don’t want to spend my holiday dealing with this….. this is my first cruise with Celebrity and I think it will be my last. I have cruises before with Seaborne and Oceania without issue.

I am taking the time to write this as I think it’s fair for future cruisers to be aware. I personally have a heart condition and I need my sleep and I explained this to them…… Not looking forward to 12 days of this 

It does sound bad, along with the mishandling of the problem for you. Especially as the seas didn’t become rough, only had swells. I feel so badly for you.

May I ask what type of cabin this is? A normal sized one with an infinite balcony? We wonder if this happens only with the infinite balcony cabins, vs the ones that have regular verandas. 

3 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

It does sound bad, along with the mishandling of the problem for you. Especially as the seas didn’t become rough, only had swells. I feel so badly for you.

May I ask what type of cabin this is? A normal sized one with an infinite balcony? We wonder if this happens only with the infinite balcony cabins, vs the ones that have regular verandas. 

We are in AquaClass 9306 what’s frustrating is they visited 3 times and woke us up to tell us to call if it happens again. It did o I called and explained and was just told oh there are no notes here so please explain again…. I am on holiday from managing a company and dealing with problems I did not come on a holiday to deal with problems that I am not paid to deal with!!!! I just feel like Celebrity get your act together!

Edited by SarahBDS
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 9:51 PM, trvlgirlmq said:

This thread and several on another site convinced me to not book Beyond for our first Celebrity Cruise. The ship is amazingly beautiful, I really wanted to sail with Captain Kate and her weird cat and the itinerary was bucket list worthy. I am intrigued by the Infinite Balcony and would have given it a go. As a budget conscious traveler I could not spend the most I have ever spent on a cruise (even though it is for 2 special birthdays) with even a possibility of those noises and the lack of sleep that might occur. No, I don’t like ear plugs or noise machines. 

If we love our cruise on Equinox and I read that the noises are fixed on this class of ship I would certainly give it a try.

What noises on SClass ship ? 
I never heard any unusual noise on the S class 

20 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

What noises on SClass ship ? 
I never heard any unusual noise on the S class 

This is an Edge class ship, the Beyond. This thread has never discussed any S class ships. 

SarahBDS, you said your cabin is an Aqua Class. But that’s not what I asked. I’m trying to determine what PHYSICAL types of cabins have this problem. In other words, is it only ones with infinite balconies? Because we have booked a cabin with a regular balcony, a Sky Suite, partly to avoid this noise problem. We are in 9173, closer to the forward elevator. We’re trying to figure out if that cabin may be affected, as it has a normal balcony. Not sure if people have reported problems with them or not. 

4 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

This is an Edge class ship, the Beyond. This thread has never discussed any S class ships. 

SarahBDS, you said your cabin is an Aqua Class. But that’s not what I asked. I’m trying to determine what PHYSICAL types of cabins have this problem. In other words, is it only ones with infinite balconies? Because we have booked a cabin with a regular balcony, a Sky Suite, partly to avoid this noise problem. We are in 9173, closer to the forward elevator. We’re trying to figure out if that cabin may be affected, as it has a normal balcony. Not sure if people have reported problems with them or not. 

It’s a Infinity Balcony 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mariastreby said:

If you read the post , then you would have  seen I was replying trvigirlmq who  commented  the the noise on S-class ships 

20 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If you read the post , then you would have  seen I was replying trvigirlmq who  commented  the the noise on S-class ships 

No they didn't. You completely misread their post. To paraphrase: they said if they love Equinox they would also consider Beyond if the noises were no longer an issue.

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mariastreby said:

Excluding suites there are only 6 cabins with regular balconies (all expensive sunset verandas at the back of the ship) per deck as opposed over 200 with IV's

2 hours ago, Mariastreby said:

All suites have regular balconies.

On 4/17/2023 at 11:34 PM, Germancruiser said:

I have never been on any cruise, on board any shipe with whichever cruise line-  where I did not hear some creaking sounds- I rather like it- makes me feel I am on a board a ship.

I would recommend to stick with land based vacations if you don´t want to be disturbed by a noise every ship makes. I saw and head the videos - yes- but I really did not find it to unusual.

Just remember YOU ARE ON BOARD A SHIP- THAT THING MOVES- IT IS BOUND TO MAKE SOME NOISE- IT IS BOUND TO SHIFT NOW AND THEN!

Yes, some noises do happen on cruise ship. BUT not the type of noises we experienced on the Beyond in February. There was a line of passengers complaining at Guest Services at any given time of the day. We were told by Celebrity that they was very aware of the issues. As I stated earlier in this post, maintenance was able to fix the issue in our SV cabin. We were compensated nicely for our inconvenience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sun bum said:

Yes, some noises do happen on cruise ship. BUT not the type of noises we experienced on the Beyond in February. There was a line of passengers complaining at Guest Services at any given time of the day. We were told by Celebrity that they was very aware of the issues. As I stated earlier in this post, maintenance was able to fix the issue in our SV cabin. We were compensated nicely for our inconvenience.

Do you know what they did to fix the problem?

6 hours ago, Mariastreby said:

I was on Beyond in an IV with NO noise issues at all for a full 7 night sailing. 

Patty

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Do you know what they did to fix the problem?

Maintenance said the metal stripping around the cabin was put up with screws that were too short. It took them less than an hour to repair it.

• Thanks 1