Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

I appreciate the analysis by the engineers. To give you more information, the loud banging noise at the beginning of the video was the real problem. It constantly made that noise as the ship rolled. There were other, much more muted noises as well, as you hear later in the video.

The noise did not come from the infinite verandah, nor did it seem to come from the ceiling. It was coming from behind the cabin wall, far back in the cabin, next to the wall for the bathroom. However, the noise was not as loud in the bathroom, and my impression was it was coming from behind the cabin wall, about 6 ft up from the floor. That is where it was loudest.

Sailed the Beyond on 9/28/23. IV Cabin 8239 with friends in &243 and 8259. None of us heard anything. No creaking or popping. We had an excellent cruise and it’s a gorgeous ship. Sorry to hear not all had same experience. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 10:58 PM, volvo308 said:

Sailed Beyond out of New York last September on deck 8 (can’t remember the exact room number).  Had the “popping” noise the first night.  Spoke with Customer Service next day and we were upgraded to Concierge and moved to deck 11.  All was quiet after that.  We’re on Apex in September - hoping it’s all resolved by then. 

Were you anywhere near 11121 ? We have that room in March.

thanks

34 minutes ago, brockmom said:

Were you anywhere near 11121 ? We have that room in March.

thanks

Can’t recall the exact cabin but they’re all nice.  I believe we were 11107?

On 2/20/2023 at 2:10 PM, Lastdance said:

Please write a review and share your suite #, along with sharing here too!  I have an SS booked for April, so help many of us out by specific details.  Sorry that this is happening.

We were in 12164 on the Dec. 11th sailing and had the same thing.  Infinite Veranda.  Everyone we spoke to said the same thing about their cabin.  I wear earplugs with a NRR of 30 and could hear it all night...during the day, too.  I wrote a review...Beyond Your Imagination.

On 2/21/2023 at 12:59 AM, RTR 21-0 said:

So sorry to those who have experienced this and thank you for reporting here.  We’re booked for May. Always travel with a sound machine but I told hubs to bring home ear plugs from work. Hmmm should we bring bungie ties for anything that moves and creaks and WD40 as well 😅

My earplugs have a 30 NRR and I still couldn't sleep...all night, creaking, popping even in the daytime.  We are on Beyond in May as well but booked a sunset veranda...hoping it's an infinite veranda issue.

• Like 1

We have been onboard Beyond for 6 days in cabin 8136 and it has been without any noise 

Well except the people next door who insist on Slamming their cabin door!

Hi, all.  We were on Beyond for the Christmas sailing and didn't experience any issues with noise (and were very worried about it, based upon what we read).  We were in 9140.

2 hours ago, mlparker said:

Hi, all.  We were on Beyond for the Christmas sailing and didn't experience any issues with noise (and were very worried about it, based upon what we read).  We were in 9140.

Are you in an Infinite veranda?  Those cabins seen to be the ones that creak and pop.

Some cabins are affected by this unfortunate disruptive noise. You didn't pay for a luxury cruise to have to wear ear plugs. This is truly a unacceptable problem. 

Seems like Celebrity is willing to ruin some cruisers vacations, rather than fix the problem. Was the Celebrity quality control team at the build shipyard asleep? 

Who accepted the vessel from the shipyard? Maybe inaugural cruise schedules trumped quality control. 

Why should passengers who expect a Celebrity luxury vacation be expected to suffer through this? Where is the respect for the customer?

Well it doesn't matter, fresh customers each week. Bon Voyage!

On 1/7/2024 at 6:40 PM, Bill Miller said:

Some cabins are affected by this unfortunate disruptive noise. You didn't pay for a luxury cruise to have to wear ear plugs. This is truly a unacceptable problem. 

Seems like Celebrity is willing to ruin some cruisers vacations, rather than fix the problem. Was the Celebrity quality control team at the build shipyard asleep? 

Who accepted the vessel from the shipyard? Maybe inaugural cruise schedules trumped quality control. 

Why should passengers who expect a Celebrity luxury vacation be expected to suffer through this? Where is the respect for the customer?

Well it doesn't matter, fresh customers each week. Bon Voyage!

Does this affect cabins on deck 3. I seem to see complaints  about suites. 

42 minutes ago, hcat said:

How sad that a few E Class ships have this issue..  LEMON CLASS!

download.jpeg.jpg

Funny…. But not really. These ships really should go into dry dock to be truly fixed. They changed the Beyond’s sailing itinerary already from European over the summer to all Caribbean. But I think the ship should sail back to its original shipyard (Italy, France?) and be fixed at THEIR expense. 

I do not think it's funny.. we are booked on Ascent in a few wks which  also had some loud creaking already. We  ordered earplugs.. 

We did not know of the change to Beyond itins.. Is that b/c waters are calmer in the Carib?    Wonder i there is a fix??

• 1 month later...

I was all set to chime in and add that we have heard this on other ships (reflection) in rough weather, ALL ships flex and creak sometimes…

THEN, i watched the video in post #47.

You can see the seas are very calm, no whitecaps, almost no swells. The creaking and banging is LOUD, incessant, and intolerable.

How interesting that some cabins do and some don’t.

Cruisecritic is the perfect venue to list noisy cabins to avoid!

As far as demanding to be relocated, that isn’t possible if all cabins are full.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2023 at 12:28 PM, helen haywood said:

Have you watched this video?

Had similar noises in 12267 and 12268 (port and starboard -- this is not the Magic Carpet to blame)

Edited by Kittybay13
  • Thanks 1

We were in an infinite  veranda on deck 12 in December and we had that noise all day and night.   We think it's the infinite veranda and the cabin as a whole, because If you put your hand against the wall or ceiling, it stopped.

We were one deck below MC and had a partial obstruction from its superstructure. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Terre said:

We were in an infinite  veranda on deck 12 in December and we had that noise all day and night.   We think it's the infinite veranda and the cabin as a whole, because If you put your hand against the wall or ceiling, it stopped.

We were one deck below MC and had a partial obstruction from its superstructure. 

Totally agree.  I did post it elsewhere but we had friends in an Oceanview balcony on Deck 10 on Beyond and they were content.  Some minor noise only.  Our entire hallway sounded like it was going to cave in (Deck 12 aft, both port and starboard).

• Like 1