20 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Maybe they can put the affected ships in the Great Lakes 🤣

Not as high of seas there ...

Gordon Lightfoot wouldn’t agree 🎶

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Rough seas may not be the cause but may aggravate the defect.

Sorry to be paranoid but "X"  must know all about it by now and should be mapping out a remedial plan ....even if they have to take some cabin sections apart and rebuild.

Band aid approach is not working

On our cruise on Beyond, the waters were nearly flat and there were the same noises.  Not due to the wave height in my opinion.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have read through most of this thread, and I’m trying to cross reference room numbers to locations on the ship. They seem to be all outside cabins. Have there been any reports on any noisy inside cabins? This thread may have convinced me not to do a veranda after all!! 😳

Edited by mrecc
  • Like 1

I stayed in Deluxe Inside Cabin 11177 on Beyond and didn't notice any unusual or excessive clicking or popping, just occasional noise from other guests as they walked down the hall talking loudly. Inside cabins also avoid the Infinite Veranda: is it a balcony or just a window controversy.

• Like 1

Well, it’s not limited to Beyond!  We are currently on Edge in a MC SS.  When the seas are rough and the wind is 90 degrees to the cabin we get squeaking, rat, a tat, tat and clicking all night long.  Then add what sounds like a bowling ball on the ceiling.  A “joiner” came and greased and tightened the sliding door.  We were told midship creaks more.  The cabin has a shim on one side of the ceiling, but there is no noise in that spot.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Could it be the materials used for these ships,? 

Still have not seen any "official" statements,,,???  

After our APEX cruise, we may stick with S Class...unless they start to come "unglued!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2024 at 8:49 PM, mrecc said:

I have read through most of this thread, and I’m trying to cross reference room numbers to locations on the ship. They seem to be all outside cabins. Have there been any reports on any noisy inside cabins? This thread may have convinced me not to do a veranda after all!! 😳

I also been keeping track and agree the cabins with balconies have this issue and I also haven't heard of any outside or deluxe outside staterooms having this issue, which is why the end of this month for the first time in over 25 years I didn't get a balcony for these reasons and chose an outside deluxe stateroom.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I also been keeping track and agree the cabins with balconies have this issue and I also haven't heard of any outside or deluxe outside staterooms having this issue, which is why the end of this month for the first time in over 25 years I didn't get a balcony for these reasons and chose an outside deluxe stateroom.

Is that ocean view on the Beyond? 

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Your cabin terms are a little confusing.  To clarify, do you mean:

-Cabins with balconies = infinite verandas

-Outside staterooms = sunset verandas

-Outside deluxe staterooms = deluxe porthole verandas

• Like 2

On 4/6/2024 at 6:12 AM, hcat said:

Could it be the materials used for these ships,? 

Still have not seen any "official" statements,,,???  

After our APEX cruise, we may stick with S Class...unless they start to come "unglued!"

Unofficially, we were told it may be due to the amount of plastic used in the components being walls and ceilings. We were fortunate on the Beyond to have a quiet room.  

• Thanks 1

Wow.. that would be difficult to cure ship wide!

We had no issues on any E Class ship  so far..Next up will be APEX..not thinking about  booking XCEL!  Maybe go back to EDGE?,

On 4/5/2024 at 10:12 PM, 1Virgo said:

do you think the noise might come from the sliding doors and frame?

Not in our cabin...it was the walls and ceiling.  You could press on any spot with your hand and it would stop.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Terre said:

Not in our cabin...it was the walls and ceiling.  You could press on any spot with your hand and it would stop.

ohhhhh.  😳

On 4/5/2024 at 10:48 PM, 81Zoomie said:

Well, it’s not limited to Beyond!  We are currently on Edge in a MC SS.  When the seas are rough and the wind is 90 degrees to the cabin we get squeaking, rat, a tat, tat and clicking all night long.  Then add what sounds like a bowling ball on the ceiling.  A “joiner” came and greased and tightened the sliding door.  We were told midship creaks more.  The cabin has a shim on one side of the ceiling, but there is no noise in that spot.

image.jpg

We were on the 13 March Edge sailing in MC SS 11160 and had major creaking noises coming from all different walls and ceiling as well as what sounded like a screw rolling back and worth in the ceiling in the bathroom.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

We had popping and creaking in  SS 10143 (which is in a cluster of SS) each day and noticeable in the hallway up and down the corridor, and forward elevator lobby. The hallway music does not cover it up.  It was like we were on a smaller sail boat or freighter.   It was worse in rough seas, but present at all times.  It seems like seams are not right, maybe made worse by certain air dynamics and window /door frames (not exclusively the source of noise).

The construction of the ship and response (reports on this board of shims) is a disaster.  Someone messed up, then QC and sea trials messed up, and so on.  It's like Boeing made the ship.  Considering it's been two years, don't expect this to be fixed or acknowledged.  As mentioned previously, someone told me their social media comments on the noise were deleted on Celebrity controled channels.  

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

We had popping and creaking in  SS 10143 (which is in a cluster of SS) each day and noticeable in the hallway up and down the corridor, and forward elevator lobby. The hallway music does not cover it up.  It was like we were on a smaller sail boat or freighter.   It was worse in rough seas, but present at all times.  It seems like seams are not right, maybe made worse by certain air dynamics and window /door frames (not exclusively the source of noise).

The construction of the ship and response (reports on this board of shims) is a disaster.  Someone messed up, then QC and sea trials messed up, and so on.  It's like Boeing made the ship.  Considering it's been two years, don't expect this to be fixed or acknowledged.  As mentioned previously, someone told me their social media comments on the noise were deleted on Celebrity controled channels.  

Which ship?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cap_D said:

I assume you’re referring to the Beyond? Hard to believe it was even in an interior hallway! And deleting comments…? That reeks of something pretty bad, trying to cover this issue up. 

We are embarking on the Beyond this Friday, in a SS. Ninth deck, 9173. Closer to the forward elevators. I used to think this noise thing was always on IV cabins, but obviously not. I can only cross my fingers, and pack earplugs. 

10 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

I assume you’re referring to the Beyond? Hard to believe it was even in an interior hallway! And deleting comments…? That reeks of something pretty bad, trying to cover this issue up. 

We are embarking on the Beyond this Friday, in a SS. Ninth deck, 9173. Closer to the forward elevators. I used to think this noise thing was always on IV cabins, but obviously not. I can only cross my fingers, and pack earplugs. 

Yes.  We were on Beyond.  The SS is a terrific room design, but we would have preferred it to be quieter.  The Edge design itself is a plus in my book (aside from the lack of non Retreat full balcony cabins).  

• Like 1

As word spreads, many will avoid the creaky ships,  and trvl agents will be well advised to focus their clients towards non creakers.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2024 at 7:48 PM, 81Zoomie said:

image.jpg

We are also in a MC SS and have not hear any more than the usual creaking that happens from time to time.  Nothing to keep me awake or wake m up at night and I am a light sleeper.  Fortunately no bowling ball in our ceiling.  What deck are you on?  We are on 10.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Boxerlover2 said:

We were on the 13 March Edge sailing in MC SS 11160 and had major creaking noises coming from all different walls and ceiling as well as what sounded like a screw rolling back and worth in the ceiling in the bathroom.

This sounds nearly identical to our current MC SS on Edge.  The joiner did come a grease the sliding glass door and tightened the handle.  We are rocking and rolling today, but it is better.  We have connected it to rough seas in combination with a specific wind direction perpendicular to our cabin.

We are on deck 10.

Edited by 81Zoomie

We just sailed on 3/1/24, we stayed in #12166, a Magic Carpet Sky Suite. We ended up getting earplugs, as it was horrible with the constant creaking and popping. I didn't bother to complain, as it was definitely structural, and nothing could be done about it. I have decided from now on, we're sticking to smaller ships.