Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

14 hours ago, wineoclock said:

We are in a MC suite on our upcoming cruise. Which was your cabin out of interest? I’m hoping if an issue X will deal with it promptly. 

Hi winoclock, we were in Sky Suite #11180 on the Reflection. It was one of the two suites in the center of the MC.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cap_D said:

Just noting here that the Celebrity Webinar for Captains Club didn't address this topic.  

I would not expect that topic to be mentioned.  On our cruise on Beyond, I would say 8 of the 10 people I asked about noise had expressed concerns.  We were fortunate that we had a quiet room.  

Just got off a 10 day Mediterranean cruise on the Beyond. Very quiet room and didn’t hear one complaint about noisy rooms, and yes I did ask. Topic has been way overblown. Don’t worry and just enjoy this beautiful ship.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On the Beyond now in 9219 - creaking and popping sounds happening every .5 second from all over room, particularly the veranda. Seas are slightly rocky, but I’ve been on 10 cruises and many of them rockier and never had this issue. It kept me up all night. I politely brought it up to Retreat concierge and they sent out a maintenance guy. He looked at the room for about 2 minutes and determined it was the divider between the balconies. It was not, he left and it’s still happening. Trying to weigh out the value of bringing it up again. 

1 hour ago, danakane said:

On the Beyond now in 9219 - creaking and popping sounds happening every .5 second from all over room, particularly the veranda. Seas are slightly rocky, but I’ve been on 10 cruises and many of them rockier and never had this issue. It kept me up all night. I politely brought it up to Retreat concierge and they sent out a maintenance guy. He looked at the room for about 2 minutes and determined it was the divider between the balconies. It was not, he left and it’s still happening. Trying to weigh out the value of bringing it up again. 

I definitely would bring it up. They know these noise issues have been happening in various cabins since it was built. You paid good money for a sound night’s sleep.

If you’re in a Sky Suite, I had hoped they weren’t having issues. We will be in one on the 9th deck also in April. Can’t remember the number right now. Port side, toward the front elevators. Where is your cabin located?

47 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

I definitely would bring it up. They know these noise issues have been happening in various cabins since it was built. You paid good money for a sound night’s sleep.

If you’re in a Sky Suite, I had hoped they weren’t having issues. We will be in one on the 9th deck also in April. Can’t remember the number right now. Port side, toward the front elevators. Where is your cabin located?

Yeah, they called to follow up. I said we were still hearing it, and they’re sending up ear plugs. I said in good faith that we’d give it a try tonight. There’s a Facebook group for our sailing and a lot of people have brought up the noise. We’re in a sky suite, port side, closer to aft elevators. I did read (maybe in this forum) that it’s worse going east/west, which we are right now, and it is a little choppy. So we’ll see! Hoping Caribbean waters will be smoother and the problem will stop. 

(PS, The sky suite is still SO worth it. Retreat has been so beneficial for us.)

• 2 weeks later...

We are on Beyond in cabin 10286 and each night, the creaking starts. We haven’t heard it at all during the day when we are in the cabin. I have barely slept. It is a shame. The boat and amenities are otherwise exceptional.  But I hate thinking I will need a vacation after an 11 night cruise to catch up on sleep. (And not because I partied to much at that.)

Will not sail Beyond again. 

7 hours ago, FlDandelion said:

We are on Beyond in cabin 10286 and each night, the creaking starts. We haven’t heard it at all during the day when we are in the cabin. I have barely slept. It is a shame. The boat and amenities are otherwise exceptional.  But I hate thinking I will need a vacation after an 11 night cruise to catch up on sleep. (And not because I partied to much at that.)

Will not sail Beyond again. 

Such an awful shame. Wow, money spent for what’s supposed to be a relaxing cruise… 😢 So sorry your cabin is one of the bad ones. Can you go to Guest Services and insist that they try to see what they can do? They have worked on these badly made individual cabins (they insert them into the ship like pods) for a long time now. They should be experts at fixing the problems. 

Best of luck. 

I will pop by tonight since we are in port tomorrow. Didn’t want to deal with them on a sea day. Supposedly the seas should calm soon. We don’t hear it during the day in the room at all. And I will say. We are currently rolling big time. So I don’t get why night time is different. 

• Like 1

Giving guests earplugs is not a solution...how insulting.!

OP .  You need a new  cabin and huge refund credited to your card..noT future credit or OBC.  We had no issues on 2 EDGE cruises..and lucked out on BEYOND,, but the ship has serious issues  ..LEMON AT SEA!

Fingers crossed ASCENT is okay,,!

th.jpeg.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Having experienced the Beyond Ghost creaking and banging first hand I’m very interested to read/hear reports from people sailing on Ascent to see if the noise issue is also present on her.  It seems not to affect Edge not Apex…started with the Beyond build.

Oh no it definitely occurs on Apex also. We were in a Sky suite last February and the banging at night was unbearable.  We were eventually moved to a different room where it was much better.

41 minutes ago, CruiseDoc79 said:

Oh no it definitely occurs on Apex also. We were in a Sky suite last February and the banging at night was unbearable.  We were eventually moved to a different room where it was much better.

Oh gosh, I really hope our Deck 9 port Sky Suite on the Beyond  doesn’t have the problems during our April 10 day cruise. Being pampered as a Retreat guest by day won’t matter if you can’t get sleep at night. 

1 hour ago, CruiseDoc79 said:

We have a SV Veranda booked on APEX..any reports of creaky SVs?

I think the theory is that the ship bends and twists and flexes especially during rough seas. Ships all do that to some degree and apparently are designed for it but the E-class seems to have particular issues with this causing noise.  As the flexing/twising occurs more along the length of the ship I think it might stand to reason that the back of the ship wouldn't be moving much and thus hopefully doesn't suffer the same issues.