Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

10 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

This sounds nearly identical to our current MC SS on Edge.  The joiner did come a grease the sliding glass door and tightened the handle.  We are rocking and rolling today, but it is better.  We have connected it to rough seas in combination with a specific wind direction perpendicular to our cabin.

We are on deck 10.

For you, and possibly others who mentioned MC SS’s in the past, are you in one of the two corner cabins on the MC, or one of the two in between? It always looked to me as if those corner cabins would have more wind and air stream pushing against them. In other words, that there is more stress put on various joints in the cabin. 

18 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

For you, and possibly others who mentioned MC SS’s in the past, are you in one of the two corner cabins on the MC, or one of the two in between? It always looked to me as if those corner cabins would have more wind and air stream pushing against them. In other words, that there is more stress put on various joints in the cabin. 

We have done 5 corner MC SS and so far no unusual noise.  Right now seas are a bit choppy and there is minor creaking and groaning but no more than we have experienced on S and M class ships. 

We were in a Sunset Suite with no amount of noise crossing the Atlantic, but heard awful sounds on decks 10 and 11 near the aft elevators with Sky Suites.  We were so amazed that we took the elevator down a deck finding the same exact noises, yet our suite had none on deck 11.  We also did a SV without any noise too, same ship on a b2b.

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

We were in a Sunset Suite with no amount of noise crossing the Atlantic, but heard awful sounds on decks 10 and 11 near the aft elevators with Sky Suites.  We were so amazed that we took the elevator down a deck finding the same exact noises, yet our suite had none on deck 11.  We also did a SV without any noise too, same ship on a b2b.

Sounds awful! We’re getting on the Beyond this Friday, port side SS near to the forward elevators. Cabin 9173. Fingers are crossed. I’m more nervous about our Thursday flights to FL - we are expecting a very stormy day here, and still somewhat stormy in Atlanta where we connect. My fingers are crossed that neither flight gets delayed, and I HATE turbulence in the skies!

• Like 1

Currently on the Beyond.  Day 4.  Day 1 and 2 no sounds. Day 3 the cabin started creaking.  It was very windy.  My mom and dad's cabin next door, extremely loud.  Both Sky Suites.  Will post cabin #'s once we're off.  The sounds don't bother me but they are definitely there. 

Experienced the sounds first time I sailed on the Beyond October '22.

🍹

On 4/5/2024 at 8:49 PM, mrecc said:

I have read through most of this thread, and I’m trying to cross reference room numbers to locations on the ship. They seem to be all outside cabins. Have there been any reports on any noisy inside cabins? This thread may have convinced me not to do a veranda after all!! 😳

I have not heard any noise issues on oceanview cabins (outside cabins as you call it) but on balcony cabins.

Its very annoying and sad that people can't sleep due to these noises.  We are going on the beyond next week because she goes to the ABC islands and is a 8 night cruise, we only have been getting balcony cabins for over 25 years now, we decided not to chance having this problem so we chose a deluxe oceanview stateroom on deck 8 very forward, and so far nobody has mentioned about these noises on these cabins or any of the oceanview cabins or inside cabins.  Will I miss the balcony, no, I rather sleep and not have the balcony lol  I really feel bad for everybody who couldn't sleep.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 9:17 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

Currently on the Beyond.  Day 4.  Day 1 and 2 no sounds. Day 3 the cabin started creaking.  It was very windy.  My mom and dad's cabin next door, extremely loud.  Both Sky Suites.  Will post cabin #'s once we're off.  The sounds don't bother me but they are definitely there. 

Experienced the sounds first time I sailed on the Beyond October '22.

🍹

We were at a Roll Call party on the Beyond and I would say more cruisers than not had noise issues in their rooms.  And the seas were pretty calm.  I felt bad for those who had difficulties sleeping, especially those who were in a  $$$ high end cabin.  Luckily, for us, our room was quiet. 

• Like 1

Someone should ask the outspoken Capt Kate what Celebrity plans to do about this issue.  

Guest Services will not give an honest answer, so please put her on the spot to address the problem.  Both the Ascent and Beyond are now referred to as the "Lemon Class".  

It is not a joke.  I cancelled my March 2025 cruise on Ascent and will replace it with Reflection.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, SI Cruiser said:

Someone should ask the outspoken Capt Kate what Celebrity plans to do about this issue.  

Guest Services will not give an honest answer, so please put her on the spot to address the problem.  Both the Ascent and Beyond are now referred to as the "Lemon Class".  

It is not a joke.  I cancelled my March 2025 cruise on Ascent and will replace it with Reflection.

have there been noise issues on ASCENT?

we had none in Jan in an IV room

8 hours ago, SI Cruiser said:

On Beyond this week in a sky suite and experiencing the creaking in the ceiling AND what we can best describe as a jumping bowling ball under the bed. The first time it happened, we seriously thought something was under the bed. We slept pretty well last night but with OTC sleep med and 2 white noise machines. 

You must be reading my mind @SI Cruiser because I've been rehearsing how to ask Capt Kate about it in a way that she will have to give a straight answer. I think she does a Q&A at the end of the cruise? I also hear that she personally greets everyone on disembarkation? I had hoped for a Retreat "meet the captain" event but have not received an invitation of that sort. 

We are having a blast but we will not sail Beyond again and likely not an e-class ship again. We have a LIVE thread going....that I need to update soon because last night was phenomenal!!!

• Like 2

On 4/9/2024 at 3:47 PM, Lastdance said:

This is good to hear.  We have a sunset balcony in May on Beyond.  Our cabin, an infinite veranda, in December creaked and popped the entire cruise.  I could hear it even with ear plugs with a NRR of 30!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RK-NC said:

On Beyond this week in a sky suite and experiencing the creaking in the ceiling AND what we can best describe as a jumping bowling ball under the bed. The first time it happened, we seriously thought something was under the bed. We slept pretty well last night but with OTC sleep med and 2 white noise machines. 

You must be reading my mind @SI Cruiser because I've been rehearsing how to ask Capt Kate about it in a way that she will have to give a straight answer. I think she does a Q&A at the end of the cruise? I also hear that she personally greets everyone on disembarkation? I had hoped for a Retreat "meet the captain" event but have not received an invitation of that sort. 

We are having a blast but we will not sail Beyond again and likely not an e-class ship again. We have a LIVE thread going....that I need to update soon because last night was phenomenal!!!

Last night’s show WAS phenomenal! We’re onboard too, in Sky Suite 9173 (blessedly quiet), but haven’t heard anything about a Captain Kate Retreat appearance. 

Maybe tonight at the Silent Disco there will be numerous officers, I heard. Maybe you can bring this continuing noise issue up with someone there…?? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

Last night’s show WAS phenomenal! We’re onboard too, in Sky Suite 9173 (blessedly quiet), but haven’t heard anything about a Captain Kate Retreat appearance. 

Maybe tonight at the Silent Disco there will be numerous officers, I heard. Maybe you can bring this continuing noise issue up with someone there…?? 🤷‍♀️

I've brought it up.  They claim the shipyard has a team investigating.  When asked what the status is they said it was ongoing, and its a big ship.   The company doesn't care.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

I've brought it up.  They claim the shipyard has a team investigating.  When asked what the status is they said it was ongoing, and its a big ship.   The company doesn't care.  

I totally believe that is the company line at this point, deflecting to “ongoing”. They know this is a lemon ship, but they’d lose too much money taking it back across the Atlantic to have it worked on by the shipyard.

Meanwhile, unsuspecting passengers continue to book on this ship and the Ascent (I assume it also has problems). We are thinking of booking our same number cabin for a transatlantic next spring on the Ascent. But just because we like our current quiet cabin doesn’t mean the same cabin on that ship will be quiet as well. Soooo frustrating!

• Like 3

Just off Beyond on 12th in SS 9161 and its creaked and popped and banged most nights. Some was when the mini frig turned off and the metal expansion but this room was terrible for noise. I did pose the question to Capt. Kate in the Q&A session but my question was not selected by the Cruise Director   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RK-NC said:

Record the noise with your phone if you already haven't.  Absolute best case would be to get her one on one and show her the video.  Otheriwse, check the app for the Q&A session as that would be the best time to bring it up.  Capts usually host some sort of jewelry reveal, but like during disembarkation, I would be very surprised if she gave any kind of satisfactory answer.  I would also recommend having a good counter if she replies "oh no, report this to maintenance"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Just off Beyond on 12th in SS 9161 and its creaked and popped and banged most nights. Some was when the mini frig turned off and the metal expansion but this room was terrible for noise. I did pose the question to Capt. Kate in the Q&A session but my question was not selected by the Cruise Director   

Where in the cruise (like 8th or 9th day) was that Q & A? We’re on the ship now, and would love to know how she’d deflect that question. 

Sorry about your bad cabin noise. We’re just up the hall in SS 9173, and have totally lucked out. Perhaps a maintenance person could have dealt with that fridge issue. Now we’re more nervous about booking the same cabin on the Ascent next year. But has anyone seen if there’s also a thread about noise issues on it also? I imagine it would have the exact same shipyard building faults. 

I have posted this in the past, but it obviously is still going on. We, unfortunately, had the same cracking and popping on the Beyond and Ascent in Sky Suites.  The Beyond they were able to move us to a quieter suite. The Ascent Madien Voyage (B2B) same exact noises we used earplugs, white noise machine (from phone) an pillows over our heads.  First week, sold out cruise, couldn't move us.  They brought the team of engineers from the shipyard who were on board, I had a recording of the noise and said it was the same thing on the Beyond.  They got to work and spent half a day trying to fix it.  Then it was turnaround day, started up again, back to the Retreat, saying we just wanted sleep!  Ask for the team from the shipyard to come back... They had left the ship in Ft. Lauderdale!! They took us to an empty suite a few door down... Same thing!  The Ascent engineers came up, worked for several hours, said there was nothing more they could do. 

We will not book another cruise on either ship again! We have sailed with Celebrity, on all their ships, over 21 years, but there is something wrong in the design/build of these 2 ships. Guess they will just keep handing out FCC, but it's not fair to the customer to know which cabins/suites are affected. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mariastreby said:

I totally believe that is the company line at this point, deflecting to “ongoing”. They know this is a lemon ship, but they’d lose too much money taking it back across the Atlantic to have it worked on by the shipyard.

Meanwhile, unsuspecting passengers continue to book on this ship and the Ascent (I assume it also has problems). We are thinking of booking our same number cabin for a transatlantic next spring on the Ascent. But just because we like our current quiet cabin doesn’t mean the same cabin on that ship will be quiet as well. Soooo frustrating!

Yes, I agree, very frustrating, but "unsuspecting" customers like yourself, are still booking. Why? Why not look at other ships/S Class or M class, maybe, that do not have this problem.

• Like 1

Ugh. Very frustrating indeed.

I will pack extra Benadryl for BEYOND.

I should NOT have to have this concern.

I will likely cancel my 2025 XCEL booking.

Fortunately, my XCEL deposit is refundable.

All my other bookings are on Millenium-class vessels.

• Like 1