Updated C&A perks

So, as a newly minted D+, I haven’t yet sailed with having to pick the amenity choice and I’m confused about something. If there are two D+ in the stateroom, only one can pick the toiletry bag, but the other can pick something else, right?  But, if each choses a bottle of wine, two bottles of wine will be in the cabin?  If so, can they be the same wine? Just checking so I can be prepared and make the phone call easy. 

17 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

So, as a newly minted D+, I haven’t yet sailed with having to pick the amenity choice and I’m confused about something. If there are two D+ in the stateroom, only one can pick the toiletry bag, but the other can pick something else, right?  But, if each choses a bottle of wine, two bottles of wine will be in the cabin?  If so, can they be the same wine? Just checking so I can be prepared and make the phone call easy. 

One amenity per cabin...You need to agree on it...and share the wine...or decide who gets stuck with the cheap toiletry bag...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

If you are the same household, you share the amenity.  If your amenity lists do not match, I’m told they are suppose to use passenger #1’s list (YMMV).  DH and I choose to have matching lists. 

• Like 1

Not fair that a lot of us will not know our waiters names right away anymore in the MDR. They are so busy with getting menus and serving food, and catering to whims all over the place.

At least we can always take the ship picture out and use the new crystal for our favorite picture.

Isn't that where they are getting them from?

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I saw this and called to select the tote bag. Its 10 days before bellas cruise. Hopefully the change works. I havent had good luck in the past. Thick Spanish accent, might have been offshore call center. 

Hey you are lucky - when I called in today all I could hear was chickens in the background - I kid you not the entire call I heard chickens.I have no idea where they were .

Edited by Spurschick
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, powelweb said:

I don't know what the current toiletry bags look like, but we received this one on Jewel in 2004. It's wonderful as you can hang it on the door handle.

RCCL toiletry bag- Jewel.jpg

Looks very much like ours. We still use it - was good quality and lasted us years.

When I spoke to C&a to check our options (I tried to update on our last cruise but surprise surprise had not been updated) I was advised toiletries bag was one but totes came in a 2 pack????. I was also advised that what you receive is based on lead guest so me and dh picked different options so when we book in future we will switch between lead guests to get more variety without have int to call in every time.

Edited by Spurschick

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I'll reserve judgement of the blocks until I see them.

The way I see is the company is a financial wreck right now.  Sorry, but it's a disaster from any money perspective.  The free blocks from the free loyalty program have a cost to them.  They tried to get rid of them and they could have held that position but they relented.  Now they are trying to save money.  Completely understandable.  It's a free gift in a free loyalty program.  Nothing more.  It's not a birth right of cruising.  

With nearly a complete set of v1 blocks the v2 blocks just create a whole new reason to book more cruises.

I used to order laser-printed blocks from China in quantities of 100 at a time as trophies. The unit cost was around $2.50

I would guess RCI's quantities would bring that down to a buck

If it's a cost saving measure they must be working on unsustainable margins for a viable business

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

Was the block left for you on the actual day you hit the magic number or on the next cruise?  We hit 140 on one of the last cruises (mid Feb, 2020) before the shut down in 2020 so maybe were victims of the pandemic layoffs?

You get it on the cruise where you hit 149/210 etc. Not necessarily on the exact date though. Call and they will send. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

The way I see is the company is a financial wreck right now.  Sorry, but it's a disaster from any money perspective.  The free blocks from the free loyalty program have a cost to them.  They tried to get rid of them and they could have held that position but they relented.  Now they are trying to save money.  Completely understandable.  It's a free gift in a free loyalty program.  Nothing more.  It's not a birth right of cruising.  

With nearly a complete set of v1 blocks the v2 blocks just create a whole new reason to book more cruises.

Sceptical LB thinks they tried to get rid of the classy crystal blocks and there was an uproar so they had to keep them.

Cunning plan to alter the design of the classy blocks to ugly plastic looking blocks; no one will want them … so they can legitimately say “client feedback is that our valued loyalty guests do not want these blocks” so we will discontinue them. 

Let’s see! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct, once they get through people who are already on the list.  No new mailouts

Was this recent? We were supposed to receive one on the Harmony in January and the LA said they didn’t have any onboard. We had to fill out a form. Hope it’s one of the old ones since that’s when we hit 700.

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity is also eroding the CC perks/benefits like RC. IMO, it's by the direction of the RCG.

I agree. That’s what happens when ‘bean counters’ are put in charge. And I’m an accountant. 😕

When I saw that the CFO (Jason Liberty) was chosen as the CEO, I knew things would be headed this way.  They chose him for this very reason. To weather the financial storm ahead.

They need someone in charge to slash costs while trying to stay afloat with the massive debt. That said, even if all the debt is eventually covered, I believe the changes will stand to increase profit, 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Those free blocks from the free loyalty program go to people who were booking cruises, boarding the ships, and supplying RCI with a revenue source after the shut down when many people thought it was crazy to step foot onto a cruise ship. I think forking over a free block periodically in return for several thousands of dollars in bookings is a pretty good deal... for RCI.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I agree. That’s what happens when ‘bean counters’ are put in charge. And I’m an accountant. 😕

When I saw that the CFO (Jason Liberty) was chosen as the CEO, I knew things would be headed this way.  They chose him for this very reason. To weather the financial storm ahead.

They need someone in charge to slash costs while trying to stay afloat with the massive debt. That said, even if all the debt is eventually covered, I believe the changes will stand to increase profit, 

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Was this recent? We were supposed to receive one on the Harmony in January and the LA said they didn’t have any onboard. We had to fill out a form. Hope it’s one of the old ones since that’s when we hit 700.

Yes.

It was if they had them in stock they were taking away the option to have them mailed.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twangster said:

I realize it's a personal preference, but I find it amusing that people actually collect these things.

• Like 4