TAKE THE POLL: Which stateroom should be choose?

You really are splitting hairs -- these cabins are super similar, and I feel sure you'll have a great time in either one.   

Equal measurements:  

- I'm ignoring mobility since you haven't mentioned that as an issue.  For someone else, those few steps could matter.  

- With either cabin, you're only steps from the Park Cafe and a bar, so you can easily step out for whatever you want and return to your cabin in minutes. 

- With either cabin you'll have residential cabins above and below you, which is likely to be quiet.  

Having said that, here are my super-picky thoughts: 

8566 pros and cons: 

- You're quite near two small public rest rooms, which can be convenient, especially if more than two people are sharing the cabin.  

- Being near the stairs and elevators is both a pro and a con.  The convenience is obvious, and the elevator itself will not be loud, and I don't believe you'll hear people gathered at the elevator talking ... but being near the entrance to the hallway does mean more foot traffic passing your door, and people can be loud.  

- This cabin is across the hall from the back side of a bar, but I really don't think noise will carry across.

- This is a starboard cabin, but I doubt that matters to you.  It'd be nice to think you'd have a view of the islands when you stop, but I don't think this is something you can predict.  

8144 pros and cons: 

- You're a few more steps down the hallway, so it should be a more quiet cabin /less foot traffic passing by your cabin.  

- This cabin is across the hall from the back side of a retail store, so that should be dead quiet at night.  

- This is a port cabin, but again -- do you care about that? 

My opinion:  I think I'd go with 8566, but -- honestly -- it's sooo close.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

I’d choose 8566. We have stayed in that cabin (or very close) without noise issues.  It is very convenient.  The wonderful thing about deck 8 in Central Park, so select s cabin that tends to draw you into Crntral Park. If you select that one, you’ll be more likely to use Central Park to pass between forward and aft.  The closer your cabin gets to mid ship on deck 8, the more likely you are to use a boring passenger hallway when you are going forward or aft.

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

You really are splitting hairs -- these cabins are super similar, and I feel sure you'll have a great time in either one.   

Equal measurements:  

- I'm ignoring mobility since you haven't mentioned that as an issue.  For someone else, those few steps could matter.  

- With either cabin, you're only steps from the Park Cafe and a bar, so you can easily step out for whatever you want and return to your cabin in minutes. 

- With either cabin you'll have residential cabins above and below you, which is likely to be quiet.  

Having said that, here are my super-picky thoughts: 

8566 pros and cons: 

- You're quite near two small public rest rooms, which can be convenient, especially if more than two people are sharing the cabin.  

- Being near the stairs and elevators is both a pro and a con.  The convenience is obvious, and the elevator itself will not be loud, and I don't believe you'll hear people gathered at the elevator talking ... but being near the entrance to the hallway does mean more foot traffic passing your door, and people can be loud.  

- This cabin is across the hall from the back side of a bar, but I really don't think noise will carry across.

- This is a starboard cabin, but I doubt that matters to you.  It'd be nice to think you'd have a view of the islands when you stop, but I don't think this is something you can predict.  

8144 pros and cons: 

- You're a few more steps down the hallway, so it should be a more quiet cabin /less foot traffic passing by your cabin.  

- This cabin is across the hall from the back side of a retail store, so that should be dead quiet at night.  

- This is a port cabin, but again -- do you care about that? 

My opinion:  I think I'd go with 8566, but -- honestly -- it's sooo close.  

I LOVE the insight regarding the proximity of the public lavatories to 8566, I never considered that; I will in the future!

8566. I prefer Starboard on the Oasis class because it seems they dock that way almost 90% of the time.  Love the people watching with a glass of wine when it is time to return to the ship in a port.  But then I have booked a CL facing the back and an Aqua Theater Suite in the back by the theater and boardwalk, so apparently noise isn't a consideration for us 😄

8566.  Anyone talking about "noise from the elevators" must having Bionic Woman-type hearing.  It's a non-issue.  

It's also not directly in front of elevator traffic, there's a bit of hallway.

Around the elevators on the deck plan you posted, probably the only ones you wouldn't want are 8162/8562, where elevator/stair traffic would be able to see into your cabin when you're opening and closing the doors.  Although if your cabin door has an upside-down pineapple that might not be too much of a concern.

• Haha 2

We prefer to be farther away from the elevators. The closer to them the more noise you’ll hear. You’ll have kids yelling and running down the halls to their rooms and the farther back you go the less this will happen. If you’re used to loud kids then it shouldn’t be a problem. 

9 hours ago, little britain said:

8566: much closer for you to go and get her a morning cuppa and danish from Central Park in the mornings. 

Any idea what time that opens?

To answer the OP's question.....I could flip a coin for those rooms....either would be fine. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever

I stay close to the stairs/elevators usually a hump cabin every time I cruise. The floor diagrams you see are a bit misleading as it appears that the rooms are directly across from the elevators/stairs. In actuality when you come up the stairs or off the elevators you have to then walk to the room hallways which there is a wall that separates that area. You do not hear the people getting on and off elevators or talking because of that distance and separation from the rooms. 

You'll be going down a hallway from the elevator and stairs, and then turning into your room, so there will be a wall and a short walk down the hallway between your room and the elevator/stairs. That will provide a noise barrier. Therefore, I would definitely pick 8566. It looks much more convenient for early morning coffee and the previous point someone made about if you want to use the public restrooms if the one in the cabin is occupied. 

6 hours ago, EllinWebster said:

There is a poll link in the post 🙂 Hope you take it!

Polls can be done right on your CruiseCritic thread.  You’d have gotten more responses to such a poll as it is quick for CC user.  We would not be asked to go to an another site and create an account🙄.  

Edited by Starry Eyes

7 hours ago, EllinWebster said:

There is a poll link in the post 🙂 Hope you take it!

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Polls can be done right on your CruiseCritic thread.  You’d have gotten more responses to such a poll as it is quick for CC user.  We would not be asked to go to an another site and create an account🙄.  

This. As a rule I do not follow links to unknown web sites.