Beach Bag

Macdl

16 minutes ago, Macdl said:

Sailing next weekend on Silhouette…do I need to pack a beach bag?

We had forgotten our beach bag last week.  Our Stateroom Attendant brought for one for us when we asked.  However, there was no bag on our bed as in the past.    In order to be on the safe side, bring one along.  

• Like 2

We  don't need another beach bag or tote so I never questioned it. . I have thought for some time that these are such a waste of money. I would give one to first time X cruisers and let it go at that. 

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Not fun carrying hand bags so we always take backpacks for this

I always pack a foldable backpack for the beach and as a daybag as the free  bags don't hold enough for the beach and are not good enough as a daypack. The free bags only work for the ship pool area for me as the issue pool towels on deck.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We bring a light weight cloth bag from a previous cruise.  We used to get really nice zippered bags but who knows this month.  Will advise about the Apex.  We sail in a sky suite.

Haven't had a zippered bag in a few years...suite bags were nice but they also were open ended.  I have so many I leave it unused in the closet, but new cruisers I think would be happy to receive. 

30 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Haven't had a zippered bag in a few years...suite bags were nice but they also were open ended.  I have so many I leave it unused in the closet, but new cruisers I think would be happy to receive. 

Nice to just give away to someone on the ship

On the Equinox last month they had the coveted $10 sale on the first sea day. They had plenty of beach bags if you don't want to bring one. 

The grey tote bags are in the cain and you may get a towel and sunscreen in but not much more/

Sometimes when getting off of the ship an an  island  there is someone at the pier handing out bags from Little Switzerland.    

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Nice to have a beach bag from the cruise line but, we always have brought our own; it's called the KYSS bag from the company of the same name.  It cleverly stands for Keep Your Stuff Safe; it has a zippered top and chain with a combination lock.  We secure the bag to our lounge chairs on the ship or at the beach. 

On 3/5/2023 at 12:41 PM, Charles4515 said:

I always pack a foldable backpack for the beach and as a daybag as the free  bags don't hold enough for the beach and are not good enough as a daypack. The free bags only work for the ship pool area for me as the issue pool towels on deck.

That is what we have .. the ones from Decathlon that fold into a small pouch and they hold a loy!!