I am Elite the second person in same Cabin is not.

bermuda_fm

There is no Happy Hour event.  The free drinks from 5-7 are offered at most bars, but not in the restaurants and bars.  You will get free drinks from the Captains Club Drink Menu but your traveling companion will not.  They will have to pay for their drinks.

• Thanks 1

The official answer is you get free drinks from 5 to 7 and other person has to pay.  But if you visit same bar and tip well enough, a few dollars each drink, odds are good your cabin mate would be served some free drinks.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, wadewood said:

The official answer is you get free drinks from 5 to 7 and other person has to pay.  But if you visit same bar and tip well enough, a few dollars each drink, odds are good your cabin mate would be served some free drinks.

Do you have personal experience with this happening? I can't see bartenders on Celebrity giving away free drinks to someone who isn't entitled to one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bermuda_fm said:

I am Elite the second person in same Cabin is not, do they still get to participate in happy hour 5-7 and other benefits?

Does you cabin mate live at the same address as you?  Just checking.

Are you cruising with a cruise only rate?

Edited by jagoffee

26 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

Do you have personal experience with this happening? I can't see bartenders on Celebrity giving away free drinks to someone who isn't entitled to one. 

I agree.

And there are security cameras everywhere, even over the bars. I don’t believe the bartenders would risk their jobs for a few dollars, IMO.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Midway7934 said:

Is there a limit to the number of drinks you can order like on RC? Order 2 and share. Out of the bartenders’ hands once they are handed to you. Smile at the CAMERAS.

SMH
Then perhaps X would change the policy to match RC.

That would make everyone smile, right?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Love the post complaining about high prices and then posts about how to cheat the cruise line

Couldn’t agree more. Can’t believe this question was asked and people suggested ways of getting away with it. Do what we all have to do who don’t have Elite status and buy your drinks either on a package or drink by drink. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Couldn’t agree more. Can’t believe this question was asked and people suggested ways of getting away with it. Do what we all have to do who don’t have Elite status and buy your drinks either on a package or drink by drink. 

Agree. IMO, if you aren't the CC tier level for those specific perks/benefits, no matter what they are you don't get to enjoy them. Especially with some of the CC perks/benefits being reduced and eliminated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

C-Dragon, in my case the drinks ARE mine. It’s called sharing what you’ve earned, not CHEATING. Royal gave me 4 drinks a day anytime. If I were staying in the same room with a friend, I would share my benefit with them. Had a Genie several times on Royal. When friends came to my room I didn’t care what they helped themselves to. Putting status before friends is just snooty!!!!

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:16 PM, C-Dragons said:

I agree.

And there are security cameras everywhere, even over the bars. I don’t believe the bartenders would risk their jobs for a few dollars, IMO.

I'm going to slightly deviate from the topic. Bartenders will definitely ride the line when it comes to rules -- they want you to have a good experience. This doesn't necessarily mean free drinks, but they may be more inclined to offer a sample, a stronger pour, or a more expensive drink (perhaps high shelf booze, or just a custom drink with fancy garnishes). My suggestion -- make friends with your bartenders.

48 minutes ago, Midway7934 said:

C-Dragon, in my case the drinks ARE mine. It’s called sharing what you’ve earned, not CHEATING. Royal gave me 4 drinks a day anytime. If I were staying in the same room with a friend, I would share my benefit with them. Had a Genie several times on Royal. When friends came to my room I didn’t care what they helped themselves to. Putting status before friends is just snooty!!!!

Try telling your spouse that you aren’t cheating because you are just sharing what you have.  😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Midway7934 said:

There are different policies at play here.  Royal says you can give your drinks obtained with your C&A vouchers away, Celebrity says the CC Elite Happy Hour drinks are for qualified members.  If it were me, I’d buy my roommates drinks if it made me uncomfortable.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, miched said:

Try telling your spouse that you aren’t cheating because you are just sharing what you have.  😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

If you are Elite then your spouse is eligible to be Elite as well.  Just notify Captain's Club. 

7 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

If you are Elite then your spouse is eligible to be Elite as well.  Just notify Captain's Club. 

Many of my cabin mates have not been Elite and have never had an issue getting free drinks for them. They take my card and bring back the drinks. It has always been that cabin mate are treated same as highest level person. When did this change?

10 hours ago, Canadianhey! said:

Many of my cabin mates have not been Elite and have never had an issue getting free drinks for them. They take my card and bring back the drinks. It has always been that cabin mate are treated same as highest level person. When did this change?

Amazed it was ever allowed, when did you last take advantage of it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

My understanding is, that everyone in the cabin, get the same benefits, as the highest tier member in the cabin.  This is unlike Royal policy, which is that tier benefits, ONLY apply to those who have it.

On RC if they live at the same address the non CAS member gets the same tier level as the CAS member. Not temporary and with full perks/benefits. 

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Amazed it was ever allowed, when did you last take advantage of it?

Thought the same thing. Never had a sever bring two drinks without both of us showing our cards, unless we were in the Sky Lounge before the CC did away with that CC HH event. At that time the first couple of evenings (after that the CC host recognized us and others) we were always required to show our Seapass cards at the entrance in order to enter the SL for the CC HH. 

• Thanks 1

An email, phone call or trip to see CC representative should give you the absolute correct answer.

My understanding is if the person is on the same reservation as you, lives at the same address as you, they will receive your benefits while sailing with you.  Royal's program and Celebrity's are very different and should not be compared in this case.

As with many things, while the rule is clear, what happens on the ship sometimes doesn't match.  I'd go with, don't expect it and tip well if you receive it.  

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

On RC if they live at the same address the non CAS member gets the same tier level as the CAS member. Not temporary and with full perks/benefits. 

I think your confused with Royal's policy on "granting status matches" for spouses and children, living with the member.