Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Now they are saying we don’t have a takeoff spot yet so we are delayed boarding.

Oh no! 😫 well, update on friends daughter who just took off from Atlanta, the ONLY reason they were able to take off is they are flying at a lower altitude than planned. Otherwise thy were too they would have been delayed 3 hours . Wishing you luck! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Buffett probably consumed a few lines over the years as well. He was big in the 70s in the Caribbean.  If I miss spelled it as lime, he has also consumed a ton of them.

Pirate Looks at 40 - Jimmy Buffett

I thought you were referring to Warren, not Jimmy. LOL.  And I knew you were staying at M'ville so that makes me extra special, bless my heart. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well the hits keep on coming. Now air traffic control in Florida is slowing down all flights. Our flight is now delayed. Now we have to sit around for 4 hours.

Now is about the time I'd be hitting the nearest airport bar. Vacation starts as soon as you leave the house. 🙂

• Like 4

Ok two updates. 

1.  If your flying in be prepared to be delayed.  Flight boards showing many incoming and out going flights being delayed due to what was previously posted. Rocket launch. I tried to get a picture of board but came out blurry. 

4DF93807-77EA-4E5F-9ADD-505B9030A728.thumb.jpeg.4065cbf76847acff97e13637ba68c545.jpeg

Oh it gets better. 

2. Tomorrow is the annual Calle Ocho festival encompassing certain districts  in Miami. Our driver told us it gets crowed and traffic can be a major problem. Starts at 9!am. Budget your time. 

Lionesss

12:12

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Munchies. Compliments of United. Saving 

4DFD9EEC-6C35-495C-8414-5CE1B3A822EF.thumb.jpeg.dd07f93362301da354f5ae440c5e8c92.jpeg

lionesss

12:05. 

I saved my small bag of chips (from Delta) to save for later.   Carefully put them in my jacket side pocket so I wouldn’t sit on them.  Got in the Uber and the driver closed my door right on my jacket.  Now I have potato dust.  🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha 19

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was going to suggest you look at the MIA Airport hotel. It is nothing special but it provided me a place to sleep when my flight home was cancelled. However. It looks like you are all set now.

I've stayed there twice. Once was in 2021 when it was the best option when having a 6:00 am flight and it was about $150.  I thought, what a weird place, and definitely dumpy, but so convenient.  Second time was actually a year ago tomorrow, after disembarking Symphony and massive flights were canceled due to a storm. I travel a TON for work, so could see the writing on the wall, was actually able to use the American App to get a seat out the next day, while many others were stuck for 2, 3 or more days.  I also was able to book the LAST room at MIA using my phone. They charged me almost $500 for that prison cell, but I didn't have to sleep on the floor of the airport.  I did take a photo of the sign on the back of the door that said the max rate allowed to be  charged for that room was $299.  It's run by the city, built when the airport was built, never got a reply, but I felt better sending it.  The views are always great from that place.  First time I wasn't as high up so only got the concrete wall, 2nd time I got the peekaboo view of the airport through the 6 inch thick scratched glass, lol.  Still, better than sleeping on the floor.  

MIA bathroom.jpg

MIA window.jpg

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Ok two updates. 

1.  If your flying in be prepared to be delayed.  Flight boards showing many incoming and out going flights being delayed due to what was previously posted. Rocket launch. I tried to get a picture of board but came out blurry. 

4DF93807-77EA-4E5F-9ADD-505B9030A728.thumb.jpeg.4065cbf76847acff97e13637ba68c545.jpeg

Oh it gets better. 

2. Tomorrow is the annual Calle Ocho festival encompassing certain districts  in Miami. Our driver told us it gets crowed and traffic can be a major problem. Starts at 9!am. Budget your time. 

Lionesss

12:12

Last week Oasis had a late departure due to bad traffic caused by a marathon in Miami. The night sail away was beautiful. Maybe we will sail late again. 

I hope everyone arrives safely. Just know the stress will eventually fade. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well we managed to get another hotel after Hampton Inn and Suites Miami/Brickell Downtown “Walked” us (read that’s the term) and now we are at a hotel close to the other but a whole lot nicer.

I thought the hotel had to book you into another hotel at their cost if you were “walked”?

• Like 6

Boarded! 🥳 Pilot says delays due to rocket launch and some air traffic control issue in Jacksonville. 

shout out to the lovely flight attendant for this pre take off beverage beverage. 

little tot behind me is listening to Baby Shark on rewind. 😵💫 

2464B752-4D69-4B60-9F6E-8B4C18971DA1.thumb.jpeg.cc9d77a4deaa3f65e46639f503b66dce.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well the hits keep on coming. Now air traffic control in Florida is slowing down all flights. Our flight is now delayed. Now we have to sit around for 4 hours.

E6576172-BE11-44AA-B112-AC5FA64269FA.thumb.jpeg.748290ca516aba629bd22d148d5fe296.jpeg

I am so very sorry for all these issues you are having to deal with. I am also believing that all negatives for the entire trip are happening today which I hope will make for the best cruise ever once you board.  Your tale of delays and cancellations is also a testimony of why you ALWAYS arrive the day before you sail. We live in Florida ( Daytona Beach area) and the only port we drive to day of is Port Canaveral. I've set in traffic for 2+ hours to many times on I 95. the $$$ of a  1 night hotel stay is worth my piece of mind.  Praying that the rest of your travels today and tonight go smoothly. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I thought the hotel had to book you into another hotel at their cost if you were “walked”?

They first said there was nothing they could do. Linda talked with a manager and he said to email them a picture of the confirmation. Right now we are already paid for the other hotel. Just don’t want to get charged for a no show when it’s their fault.

9 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I am so very sorry for all these issues you are having to deal with. I am also believing that all negatives for the entire trip are happening today which I hope will make for the best cruise ever once you board.  Your tale of delays and cancellations is also a testimony of why you ALWAYS arrive the day before you sail. We live in Florida ( Daytona Beach area) and the only port we drive to day of is Port Canaveral. I've set in traffic for 2+ hours to many times on I 95. the $$$ of a  1 night hotel stay is worth my piece of mind.  Praying that the rest of your travels today and tonight go smoothly. 

We always travel a day before but might rethink that to 2-3 days before.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

I was there at 7:30, really enjoyed my morning walk today. Temperature was 68F, delightful.

Enjoy your day.

I can recommend a restaurant called Tiki Tiki about 2 miles north of you. It's on the intracoastal. Very casual and Florida funky.

M

Thanks for the tip. We might check it out. I’m not sure if Lisa‘s got anything planned for dinner. 

I also have to say you live in an amazingly beautiful area. It’s like we have to say thank you for letting us stay here. We will be back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

They first said there was nothing they could do. Linda talked with a manager and he said to email them a picture of the confirmation. Right now we are already paid for the other hotel. Just don’t want to get charged for a no show when it’s their fault.

Greg are you in the air yet?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, singinalot said:

i feel like i should have driven to Miami this weekend just to say hi to everyone. lol. loving this thread! thanks for doing this, all!

That would have been awesome. 

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Launch moved to 1:45

God lord. They have to bump it up or cancel

it. 

15 minutes ago, singinalot said:

i feel like i should have driven to Miami this weekend just to say hi to everyone. lol. loving this thread! thanks for doing this, all!

You could always drive over next week when everyone is dragging their weary butts off the ship. 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

39 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Boarded! 🥳 Pilot says delays due to rocket launch and some air traffic control issue in Jacksonville. 

shout out to the lovely flight attendant for this pre take off beverage beverage. 

little tot behind me is listening to Baby Shark on rewind. 😵💫 

2464B752-4D69-4B60-9F6E-8B4C18971DA1.thumb.jpeg.cc9d77a4deaa3f65e46639f503b66dce.jpeg

Then I would keep those beauties coming Mama Shark.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I've always flew in the day before a cruise. Then 2 days. After a few more, it became 3 days. Nothing like pre-cruise beach vacation to up the anticipation of the cruise.  Plus, mid-week airfare and hotel rates are generally cheaper.

Of course, I realize how luck we were as we both had plenty of vacation time and none of the family or budget constraints others might have.

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally! Touchdown in about 45 minutes.

Excellent! So sorry to hear about your travel troubles. It was beginning to remind me of the movie "Trains, Planes and automobiles".  Hopefully you'll be able to laugh about it as you share your story  at the Schooner Bar. Focus on the upcoming fun this and leave the hotel fight for when you return.

• Like 8