Holland website advertising $1 deposits only for tomorrow, April 18.

ColonyGirl2

A couple of questions about this.  Do they raise the cruise prices when they make an offer like this?  We are thinking of booking something for 2025, only because of the cheap commitment.  Also I put a hold on a cruise today with the deposit due by Friday.  Do you think I could get the expected $300 deposit, changed to $1, without impacting anything else on the hold?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Would it be better to book online, or via a phone call tomorrow?

Promotions like this usually show up on the website many hours before the phone lines even open. You can either book online then or use the online site to be prepared for the phone call later. I agree with Mary229 as the promotions are usually extended at least one more day if not longer.

11 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Promotions like this usually show up on the website many hours before the phone lines even open. You can either book online then or use the online site to be prepared for the phone call later. I agree with Mary229 as the promotions are usually extended at least one more day if not longer.

Thanks.  Now I just have to convince husband we need a cruise.

Thanks for the heads up. Just booked 2024 C$18k Australasia cruise for a $1 deposit. Price finally fell to sensible levels.

Looks like HAL is having difficulties filling its ships. $1+HIA program, followed by $25 deposit, and now $1 deposit without HIA requirement.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Thanks for the heads up. Just booked 2024 C$18k Australasia cruise for a $1 deposit. Price finally fell to sensible levels.

Looks like HAL is having difficulties filling its ships. $1+HIA program, followed by $25 deposit, and now $1 deposit without HIA requirement.

150 year old company 

• Like 1

I'm with the other posters - thanks for the heads-up. I've booked two cruises for next year, and may book another one. We're off on the Westerdam next week, so hopefully we'll have a fabulous time, fall in love with HAL all over again, and happily make at least one of those cruises next year. Such a great offer, and with gratuities included it's a real no-brainer.

7 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

I’m not sure if this is the case.  To get the itineraries for my Bon Voyage threads, I often have to go to the sold out cruises to get them.  

I know our TA in October is selling very well.  There is only one cabin left in the category I chose.

• Like 1

I just spontaneously booked a Panama Canal cruise, aft cabin on the Rotterdam, which is not like me at all! I'm one who normally researches things to death and then still second-guesses! Maybe I'm getting a little more adventurous in my older years but I thought I have nothing to lose but $2. It's been a dream cruise for us and this promo tipped the scales. 🛳️ 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BLH613 said:

Maybe I'm getting a little more adventurous in my older years but I thought I have nothing to lose but $2.

Considering that most things in $1 stores are not one dollar anymore I think it's a great investment.

• Like 1

New to HAL so please pardon my lack of knowledge.  I want to book a cruise for this summer, and a $1 deposit sounds almost too good to be true!!!!  I also want to book Club Orange, and take advantage of being bumped up within the category.  Is it possible to do that on line as well at the same time?  Or do I make the reservation, and then call in to add CO and select my new cabin?  Many thanks in advance.

I booked a $1 deposit cruise several months ago.  Transferred it to my appreciative TA the following week.  Final payment is next week - no price changes.  I did add Club Orange two months ago via my TA.  Got the cabin bump but they wanted the additional CO payment at time of request.  It was $15/day/person on Rotterdam.  

22 minutes ago, High C's said:

I also want to book Club Orange, and take advantage of being bumped up within the category.  Is it possible to do that on line as well at the same time?  Or do I make the reservation, and then call in to add CO and select my new cabin?  Many thanks in advance.

Make the reservation, then add Club Orange. You cannot add CO online, it is done by calling. If you use a TA or PCC, they can do it within a minute of making the reservation.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I’m not sure if this is the case.  To get the itineraries for my Bon Voyage threads, I often have to go to the sold out cruises to get them.  

I know our TA in October is selling very well.  There is only one cabin left in the category I chose.

Yes, I'm sure that the itineraries popular with HAL pax like you are fully booked. The problem with HAL is that they've over-expanded, and are heavily committed to highly competitive sectors like the Baja and Caribbean. 

Just added a $1 deposit cruise on the Pacific Coast for C$500/day (100% single supplement) for 7N in a SS cabin. FP is less than 3 months away. HAL is in trouble if they can't fill the ship at these prices with a $1 deposit.

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Nothing over here about reduced deposits! 

A few nice images on the website, but nothing else.

Just not for us EUropeans Colin.  O well, maybe we book next cruise on board and € 75 FCD is very affordable too....

Hartelijke groet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Just not for us EUropeans Colin.  O well, maybe we book next cruise on board and € 75 FCD is very affordable too....

Hartelijke groet.

Even though in the US my FCD are my preferred deposits. 

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this!  Had not seen it, and I rarely get any promo emails. 

Talked to DH and decided we have nothing to lose!  Getting ready to book a cruise that we have had our eyes on for next May 2024.  It was not included in the previous $25 deposit promo.  Since we are not sure if we will want to cruise with HAL until we have taken our upcoming cruise, we decided to wait.  If we still liked the direction that HAL is headed, we would simply get $100 deposit certificates onboard and decide on the cruise when we returned home.  Spending only $2 on a deposit is a no brainer! 

We usually book through a TA, and have never done so ourselves online.  Question.  How long do we have if we want to transfer the cruise to our TA.  Also, I am through the booking and on the last page before paying the deposit.  There is something called an "offer code".  What do I put there?

The problem with the $1 deposits is that people will book multiple deposits for cruises that they have no intention of taking until the price decreases to an acceptable price several years from now - thereby tying up inventory.

• Like 2

If I wanted to put a dollar deposit on a cruise and I have a future cruise credit on my account, will they put that towards that cruise?  Does anyone know this?  I just saw this and if it was earlier, I would have called my TA.