Adult Only Celebrity Cruise

shubsens

33 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I wonder if it’s the same for land vacations?  Pretty difficult to avoid children unless you go to a Poconos honeymoon resort.  Kids are a part of our world too and we were all once kids.

They do have adults only resorts FYI.  Some people take vacations to have a break from their kids, and they prefer not to share pools and restaurants with other peoples kids for a while.  I'm not sure that's a negative thing or anything to be criticized for.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, shubsens said:

Does Celebrity ever offer adult only cruises, I would book in a second .

Have you considered an Adults only all inclusive resort in the Caribbean?  There are many. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

They do have adults only resorts FYI.  Some people take vacations to have a break from their kids, and they prefer not to share pools and restaurants with other peoples kids for a while.  I'm not sure that's a negative thing or anything to be criticized for.

Just a lot of complaints lately about kids on the Celebrity boards.  I don’t know.  We always have vacationed with our son.  When he’s off now with the teens we actually miss him.  Pretty soon we’ll be all alone on vacations missing our family time.  I personally don’t mind the kids.  It reminds  me of my son’s younger years and those were good memories; it all goes too fast!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Just a lot of complaints lately about kids on the Celebrity boards.  I don’t know.  We always have vacationed with our son.  When he’s off now with the teens we actually miss him.  Pretty soon we’ll be all alone on vacations missing our family time.  I personally don’t mind the kids.  It reminds  me of my son’s younger years and those were good memories; it all goes too fast!

Could you define “a lot”?  Unless your son is running around screaming then I doubt there will be complaints.

19 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Could you define “a lot”?  Unless your son is running around screaming then I doubt there will be complaints.

Uhhh.  This post?  It’s all about wanting a cruise without kids. 😀. There was also another Celebrity post recently complaining about children on board. A lot of adults whining on that post as well.  Can’t we all just get along?😀🤡🎉🍾

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Uhhh.  This post?  It’s all about wanting a cruise without kids. 😀. There was also another Celebrity post recently complaining about children on board. A lot of adults whining on that post as well.  Can’t we all just get along?😀🤡🎉🍾

Sure we can all get along.  If you don’t run around screaming, we’ll all get along just fine.  🥸

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, shubsens said:

Does Celebrity ever offer adult only cruises, I would book in a second .

I don't know of any, but like PP's have stated booking a transoceanic, 10+ day, and during school season cruise and you won't see many. X will have kids, but not like bigger cruise lines. 

No doubt you're going to see kids during spring break, summer, and winter break. But if you book the longer cruises during the spring/winter breaks that will diminish how many kids onboard. 

I have been cruising with X since 2002, and I don't believe I ever was annoyed with kids on board.I cannot say that about Royal Caribbean, NCL, and of course Disney. 

But you know you. I can say they don't bother me, but Murphy's Law if you booked on X your room will be adjacent to kids. 

Maybe consider Azamara, Seabourn, or Regent Seven Seas? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Then you’ve been VERY lucky because they are definitely there. Especially on the sailings in summer destinations.

We were on the Refection on the week before Easter and the ship was 400 over normal capacity due to kids on spring and Easter breaks. Those 400 kids for the most part were well behaved. BTW normal capacity is 2 people per cabin with extra passengers being 3 or 4 to a cabin usually in bunk beds or sofa sleepers.

Edited by MISTER 67

2 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

We were on the Refection on the week before Easter and the ship was 400 over capacity due to kids on spring and Easter breaks. Those 400 kids for the most part were well behaved.

I don’t come here to hear about well behaved kids.  Pour the tea already!  🙂

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

Have you looked at Virgin? They advertise adults only.

Never tried them but they would meet your brief…Might be worth looking at a few reviews.

You can only sail them once, after that you’re no longer …

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I wonder if it’s the same for land vacations?  Pretty difficult to avoid children unless you go to a Poconos honeymoon resort.  Kids are a part of our world too and we were all once kids.

I don't get your point.  Some people prefer to sail without kids, so they were asking if Celebrity offers any adults only cruises.  No more; no less.  Not complaining about kids, not hating kids or anything like that.  A simple question deserving only a simple answer, not continued lectures about why it apparently is wrong to even ask that question.  This whole thread has turned, unnecessarily and unfortunately, into a complaining thread about people who prefer to sail with only adults.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I don't get your point.  Some people prefer to sail without kids, so they were asking if Celebrity offers any adults only cruises.  No more; no less.  Not complaining about kids, not hating kids or anything like that.  A simple question deserving only a simple answer, not continued lectures about why it apparently is wrong to even ask that question.  This whole thread has turned, unnecessarily and unfortunately, into a complaining thread about people who prefer to sail with only adults.

😀😀😀

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

No photographers, very few announcements, no cruise director.  No gold by the inch sales and no pushing of sale items.  There is an actual tattoo parlor onboard, and I heard it sold out with appointments by the first day.  The ages of the passengers is across the board...as a couple in our early 60s we felt like we were above the target age for sure, but we were by no means the oldest on the ship.

Well, if there's no gold by the inch then I'm not cruising!!!!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Have you considered an Adults only all inclusive resort in the Caribbean?  There are many. 

Sandals  Bshamas is a great choice..  they have all adult policy , great  restaurants/ pubs ,quiet pool, active pools..music  lots to do day and night..

Some properties have golf....very nice.

with kiddos, try "Beaches"

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sandals  Bshamas is a great choice..  they have all adult policy , great  restaurants/ pubs ,quiet pool, active pools..music  lots to do day and night..

But my friend said he once saw an adult behaving badly at that resort 10 years ago, so why don’t they allow kids? /s

• Haha 1

Just now, XLVIII said:

We’ve never had an issue with kids on Celebtity - hardly ever see them. Drunk adults are another story!

I don’t excuse bad behavior from kids because a few adults misbehaved.

• Like 3

Hmmm, I suspect that isolated incidents of some kids misbehaving grow into these huge cruise ruining problems.   I've been on quite a few cruises.  Just don't see this issue.  

There are adult only cruises available.  If kids on board was an issue, I would book one of those for sure.  

11 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

We loved cruising with our son. I don’t think his behaviour ever negatively impacted anyone. Like most children you come across on Celebrity he knew expected standards of behaviour, the need to respect others and as parents we made sure he was entertained and supervised.

We thought as our son hit late teens he would be off with his friends and cruise with us no more….Noooo, he went away with his friends but every time we mentioned ‘cruise’ rather than other holidays along he came. Then came the GF stage, now he wouldn’t come with us….Nooooo they both now cruise with us. I have friends at the grandchildren stage and they still have at least one family cruise together….

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

But my friend said he once saw an adult behaving badly at that resort 10 years ago, so why don’t they allow kids? /s

sorry buf I am  not getting the point.  Sandals is  a no kid resort... lots of honeymooners and couples.  we met  very nice people  from all over!

13 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Agree with you and I tried to answer the OP's question directly with a simple "No" in my post #16.  But the thread goes on to be a debate about kids and behavior and whatever.  Sort of like asking if Celebrity has any smoke-free ships.  Answer is no- but I think we would get pages of posts on smoking.  Threads diverge here.  Part of the fun I guess.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hcat said:

We have done a couple of sandals resorts in Jamaica, better food than cruise , great all inclusive, no tipping is allowed. There is entertainment but not like a cruise. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2023 at 2:41 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Why wow?  Many people love kids, but prefer not to sail with them.  

Especially when they are running around the bars, as they were on Silhouette last August. 
They were a danger to the servers.

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Especially when they are running around the bars, as they were on Silhouette last August. 
They were a danger to the servers.

Yea.  I get tired of parents making excuses for their children.  They’re running or screaming?  “What do you expect?”  🙄

• Like 2