The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday May 14th, 2023

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've just finished eating lunch and have been resting up a bit reading Cruise Critic this morning.  Time to get busy on that photo book.  The reason I rested was I spent some time outside in the heat and humidity raking up some areas of the yard that looked poorly due to thatch and small leaves left by the landscaping people last fall.  I got some old acorn debris up too.  Everyone's grass looks pretty inferior this year and I'm wondering if the company that sprays fertilizer on our properties really did a good job or not.  Sweat was just dripping down my face.  Anyway, had to shower and cool down afterwards and just sat on the sofa reading and watching TV.  After I finish here I promise to get started on Manaus!

Thank you Graham.  I'm glad to see others posting their photos too.

Thank you for posting that Graham.  It made me so sad though and it's a hard thing to think about.😥

It's good to hear from you.  That really is nice of @POA1 to ask you to stay with them after your WC.  What a view, eh?  It was fun hearing how Callie and Leo reacted to you being back.  Cats are funny!🐈

I'm sad to hear you are having more problems with your stomach issues.  Hoping you're feeling good enough to enjoy your dinner out with your friend and his Mom.  And thanks for the nice comment about Mom's photo.  She had her hands full with 4 children and a family of 6 in a tiny apartment.  Thankfully we moved to the suburbs the following year with room to spread out.

Ann, great photos of baby animals with their Moms.  All are darling.

Thank you Roy.  I got a text this morning that they were heading out for the day to Charlottesville, Virginia for Mother's Day.  I hope the weather is nice there too.  DDIL got her undergraduate degree from UVA in Charlottesville.  So either she wanted to just go back for a visit for old time's sake, or to see an old friend there, or perhaps Ren wanted to see the University.  Whatever they do I'm sure it will be fun.

I think I would choose #3.  But that's not what DH is fixing me for dinner tonight.  Anyway, you and Sue have really been busy.  I'm sure the deck and the back yard look much better now.  Enjoy your time relaxing today.  And your photo with your Mother is so sweet.  Thank you for sharing!

Oh boy, it's getting closer!  The weeks do go by so quickly.  

Your catered meal from Olive Garden sounds very good.  I hope you and your family have a wonderful time together.  

Jacqui your Mom looks so elegant in her beautiful dress.  Women really dressed nicely in those days.  Men, too, with their hats and suits.  Love the memes again today.  I hope you and Ivan are having lots of fun playing fetch.  As for Ren and the Jags, you can't win them all.  Wish you could but you can't!  They will do their best tomorrow when they play again.

Thank you for sharing your Nanortalik photos!  It looks like someplace I'll enjoy walking around.  I just hope we don't have bad weather and can get in there.

Nancy, what a nice photo of your Mom on her way to the UP (upper peninsula) to their cabin.  And wow, that's a lot of plants!  Nice looking too.  Are they all volunteers from various yards?  I really hope your problems at your cabin are easily fixed.  I know you're anxious to get up there.  Keep us updated.

Tina, thanks for the eaglets photos.  More cute babies.  Nice photo of your Mom expecting you.  My older sis told me our Mom should have known she was having twins just by the size of her tummy.  She could sit a plate on it!

What a beautiful sky for that sunrise.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Wonderful family photos today Terry!  Brings back nice memories, I'm sure.

Vanessa, what a sweet photo of your Mom and you.  They really liked to pose by the cars back then, at least my folks did.  I'm sorry to hear you've been without her here on Earth for 30 years already.  But she is still in your heart.  

More great photos of the wildlife and scenery in Yellowstone.  I hope you have safe travels home and a wonderful Mother's Day.

Joy, sorry to hear about your Mom.  That's very sad.  But seems like you have some good news to report this week, and that's a good thing.  That armadillo won't know where to go next, will he?  Glad to hear your friends will be coming down to visit soon, and your DS is planning on coming along on part of your cruise later this year.  Fun!

I'm happy to hear how well the dinner went and that you all enjoy each other's company. Bless you for befriending the Ukrainian family!

Nice family photos today Lenda.  You look so cute in your coat and matching bonnet.  By the way, while I was outside this morning neighbor Linda walked by with her new dog.  She said she was doing great when I inquired.  I asked about the dog and she said she had rescued her recently, that she was 4 years old and her name had been Hazel May.  Linda didn't care for Hazel so she calls her Hazey May!  I remarked that she resembled a dachsund and she told me she was a dachsund mix.  Her face and ears looked just like a dachsund.  Anyway, I thought of you and your dachsunds while talking with her.  Linda has never owned a small dog before but agreed this one would be easier to handle.  I'm glad I was out there when she happened by.

Thanks so much for showing us your photos of Nanortalik.  Looks like lots of the ports I've seen in Greenland so far, and I know I will enjoy our stop there in August.

@RedneckBob I've lost your post from this morning showing the Maasdam in Nanortalik by the iceberg.  Thanks for that photo, and it will be fun watching for icebergs on our cruise.

Paul, that is a very pretty picture of your Mother.  Thank you!

Thanks Maureen!  As a Grandma I love talking about dear Ren too.  What a sweetheart he is.  I heard from a granddaughter today.  I told her if she likes, she may have my china when she marries next year.  I sent her a photo of the pattern, and told her no pressure.  But she loves the simple pattern and said she would like to have china owned by family.  So I will give it to her.  She will have to let me know when she's ready for it.  I have a lot of accessory pieces too so she may want to get a cabinet to keep it all in.  

Looks like you got a very nice bike for a good price!  It's good for exercise, too.  Sorry to hear about losing your Mom 33 years ago.  Hope you have a nice Mother's Day.

Beautiful photos of Nanortalik Ann!  Thank you so much!  That's quite a story about your Mother.  In my family if you don't really know how to describe someone we just say they are "unique".  😉

IMG_1028.thumb.jpeg.b9429361e816ba1a15d90740129d8d46.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Happy Mother's Day!

From our recent Keukenhof visit -

DSC_0095.thumb.JPG.e7925225aa103e6eca1f56eeed735799.JPG

Beautiful tulips!  I would love to go there!

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Happy Mother’s Day! 

The cutest mama bear video, sorry couldn’t share it another way.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0GRagSug3F4dkniCKGA5f4uV4g3tU2bgnoEaJAsEVMVUxUWVvu5NKuVcwCnzsC7Rtl&id=100010077750613

My mom and grandmother, and my daughter who is also a mother. 

image.png.b4f8378ab83a6c32b70aafc5dc4114f2.png

IMG_2550.jpeg

I think your post arrived during my last marathon session.  Sorry!  Beautiful photos of your family Brenda.  

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

We were once fortunate  to witness the miracle of birth of a couple of twin fawns

image.thumb.jpeg.fc0f5252ddb3d14d227cdd230aff5e07.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.be9dad112e2c44fe079156856a99ec6e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.13cb306abb360e39e36c69e9646df0fb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6e19d4aae81574bb564bc00f2bd31b88.jpeg

Awesome pictures of a doe and fawns.  So lucky to see that.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

You certainly deserve a prize 👍. If you were on one of my cruises, you’d sure get one.  It takes me ages to multi quote a max of 8 so I totally get the hour.

Well done, seriously and thanks for your thoughtfulness in keeping the thread from getting unwieldy. Good luck with Manaus.

Thank you!  I was just starting to look at photos when the phone rang and I spent an hour talking to my DD.  Priorities!  I haven't done a single thing on the book.

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Miss you Mom, Dad and Sis.

Happy Mothers Day Mom and Sis.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5f592290a8c5fdef49d112d84e88c86.jpeg

What a beautiful family portrait of your handsome family.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

IMG_1028.thumb.jpeg.b9429361e816ba1a15d90740129d8d46.jpeg

Thank you RNB!  The ship looks like a miniature next to it.

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

My mother.  Taken in 1993 at a celebration of her 90th birthday and my 50th.

mom1993.thumb.jpg.81e65988431a71198d20905282d46089.jpg

Roy

You look just like her Roy!  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Beautiful tulips!  I would love to go there!

I think your post arrived during my last marathon session.  Sorry!  Beautiful photos of your family Brenda.  

Awesome pictures of a doe and fawns.  So lucky to see that.

Thank you!  I was just starting to look at photos when the phone rang and I spent an hour talking to my DD.  Priorities!  I haven't done a single thing on the book.

What a beautiful family portrait of your handsome family.  Thank you.

Thank you RNB!  The ship looks like a miniature next to it.

You look just like her Roy!  

The iceberg was HUGE!  Sorry for the grainy photo. Took picture with my 35 mm Brownie Camera. 😀

• Like 8

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0GRagSug3F4dkniCKGA5f4uV4g3tU2bgnoEaJAsEVMVUxUWVvu5NKuVcwCnzsC7Rtl&id=100010077750613

IMG_2550.jpeg

Pauline and her late mam in Lisbon 16 years ago.

IMG_20210810_134306.jpg

• Like 20

Nutmeg, possibly the only cat that a cocktail has been named after, has died.

Nutmeg was one of the resident, semi-feral cats at the Disney park in Anaheim.

Disney may have been started by a mouse, but that’s no matter to the dozens — maybe hundreds — of cats that roam the company’s signature parks each night in search of errant rodents.

https://wapo.st/3BmJh26

• Like 10
  • Thanks 10

Good sunny and warm afternoon. Happy Mother’s Day. I received a card and book from my fur babies. 
One Mother’s Day many years ago, our cat at that time caught a garter snake in the yard and promptly presented it to my mother. I can still remember her screaming.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

A quick good afternoon from central Texas.  I've made some headway on Ancestry today, l but it can be slow going.

5 hours ago, superoma said:

Happy Mother’s Day to all who mother! A very important job. My mom passed away quite suddenly a week after her 60th birthday, 33 years ago. I miss her every day and even more when my father, 93, gets really cantankerous!  On the other hand we had a great afternoon and a bbq with our daughters and half the grandchildren. One dgd had to work and the other one had her nursing faculty spring fling. But we see them on a regular basis so all good. Nothing better than having them all close.

yesterday was a red letter day. I have been looking for a new bike, a step through bike for easy access. I refuse to pay $1000 or more so have been looking on Facebook marketplace etc. as it happened there was a garage sale on our dd’s street yesterday and low and behold a step thru bike for sale. Almost brand new being sold by an 85+ neighbour since he has vertigo and can’t ride. I grabbed it for $350 and took it out for a ride this morning. Very happy. Much lighter than the old bike I was using. Already have a possible taker for the old one. We have some cooler days coming up so a good time to get back in the riding habit.

have a great day everyone.

764A4811-2C42-4D97-830F-C1DE025E04B1.jpeg

Nancy, you got a great deal on the bike.

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Unable to celebrate Mother's Day, but here is a picture of my mother.

Margaret.thumb.jpg.6caa9323d11ddee1e211e7ffb41964e2.jpg

Also unable to bond with a dog, don't want to dance like a chicken. Generally in favor of decency but not so much of the National Legion of Decency.

Even paranoiacs can have enemies.

No ham-and-anything will be in my plans, so I'd choose Roy's alternative. Actual dinner will likely be a pasta casserole using the remaining pizza sauce. I'm not from Wisconsin, but I think that an Old Fashioned should be made with brandy. Would try the wine. Haven't been to Greenland.

I taught Hebrew this morning and will be going to Wegmans later.

ouijacat.thumb.jpg.dce1ef70dee03d216488af6d02f26f91.jpg

Paul, a good picture of a lovely lady.

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

IMG_2550.jpeg

Brenda, great pictures.

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

We were once fortunate  to witness the miracle of birth of a couple of twin fawns

image.thumb.jpeg.fc0f5252ddb3d14d227cdd230aff5e07.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.be9dad112e2c44fe079156856a99ec6e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.13cb306abb360e39e36c69e9646df0fb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6e19d4aae81574bb564bc00f2bd31b88.jpeg

Wow, that must have been something to see.

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Miss you Mom, Dad and Sis.

Happy Mothers Day Mom and Sis.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5f592290a8c5fdef49d112d84e88c86.jpeg

Bruce, a good looking family.  

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

My mother.  Taken in 1993 at a celebration of her 90th birthday and my 50th.

mom1993.thumb.jpg.81e65988431a71198d20905282d46089.jpg

Roy

Roy, I can see the resemblance between you and your mother.

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline and her late mam in Lisbon 16 years ago.

IMG_20210810_134306.jpg

I can also see the resemblance between Pauline and her mother.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice family Bruce.

My condolences for your loss of your mam, dad and sister.

Thanks Graham it happens to all of us and I’m next in line. I’ve been very Blessed and have had a wonderful life minus several close military events that went in my favor. Not so for many of my comrades.

My success leads right back to my family who provided me with all the basics and moral foundations to live by. 

• Like 17

Good evening to all.

I am sorry to be posting so late.

Happy Mothers’ Day to all those who are Mothers and those who care for others.

I, myself, do not have children but have cared for many in my life, of late my brother-in-law for 40 years prior to his death.  The members from the program he attended used to call me his mother.

@Seasick Sailor I am sorry for your unfortunate situation with your Mom.  i understand since that is exactly what happened with my Father.  What they never understand is that the hurt they inflict never leaves.  Their children remember forever.

On the other hand I had a Mom that cared for me and did everything for me.  She lived to be 100.  She died in 2007.  We were extremely close and I will be forever grateful for all the sacrifices she made for me.

Here is a picture of my Mom with me.

God Bless

Terri

IMG_3074.jpeg

• Like 22