The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday May 14th, 2023

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be a bit cooler today in mid-Michigan with the high only reaching around 60F.  That's ok by me.  We're going out to Chippewa Nature Center and hiking a bit and then we have to get stuff out to the curb for heavy item pickup.  We are clearing out all of Previous Owner's lumber scraps that are hidden all over the yard.  There's a ton of them under the deck we just stained.  Speaking of which, I finished up the outside trim on it yesterday and gave the floor of the deck a second coat.  We could see where the hot tub had sat and the second coat took care of that.  

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, present and past.  Especially to my mom celebrating in heaven.  

Mom and me

MomandDeb.thumb.jpg.b56d6f2bda85d4c20119266a688b3cc1.jpg

Today's meal will appeal to many, but I am going with Roy's alternative meal.  Actually, we have a ton of chicken left over from last night. The first recipe calls for fully cooked ham, so this is a good way to use up leftover ham.  It also uses sugar snap peas instead of regular peas.  Carb count it still to high and alfredo dishes are usually too heavy for me.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ham-and-pea-pasta-alfredo/

hamandpeaalfredo1.jpg.0a52d6e8c04de4cecb74b3b97662d874.jpg

The next recipe shows us we can use whatever kind of pasta we have on hand.  It doesn't have to be fettuccini noodles.  Included is a list of variations that you can consider.  I like the one that says to sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.  Bacon makes everything better, doesn't it?   https://thekitchengirl.com/leftover-ham-alfredo-pasta/

hamandpeaalfredo2.thumb.jpg.9b3d9acbd277c6cc31eade2dc45a8439.jpg

This last recipe is similar to the first one with a difference in type of pea used and the seasonings.  https://www.thefoodieaffair.com/fettuccine-alfredo-ham-peas/

hamandpeaalfredo3.thumb.jpg.b0c16fe08494d8b0f932a950754a7c34.jpg

Wishing  you all a wonderful day!

Nice photo of you and your mam Debbie.

• Like 13

thanks for our Sunday Daily, Sandi.

Happy Mothers Day!

IMG_3498.jpeg.cd5e80af1ae3f814b0dcee2e2ce4d886.jpeg

I’ll celebrate Decency Day happily.  It makes life so much more pleasant.  And of course, bond with your dog day.  Ivan is interrupting my typing to play fetch.  LOL.

IMG_3403.thumb.jpeg.c7462d8f6558f8eadfaf0d259a938dd8.jpeg

I like the Churchill quote and the meal sounds interesting

@JazzyVSo sorry that the injections may be causing issues for you 😔 

@richwmn Welcome home!

@StLouisCruisers It’s a shame Ren and his team lost.  Glad they are getting a rest and I’m sure they will rebound at their next game.

N Statendam is in Amsterdam today.  It should have been my turn around day 😔 and a big group is boarding for the Norway portion.   Hope they all have a fantastic time.  We have some hikers in the group.  I hope they don’t end up like this:

IMG_3487.jpeg.68188bf0c0af6c205457e4d51291b064.jpeg

it’s a cold one this morning and won’t get that warm.  Ivan and I will tackle a bit outside very carefully.   After my neighbour visited, I curtailed some of my outside stuff heeding her warnings.  I’ll go slow and easy as I want this incision healed.   I’m hoping it warms up a bit more first, though.

IMG_3401.jpeg.f46377a3efac4843615007ff3c4be798.jpeg

Happy Mother’s Day to all and happy heavenly Mothers Day to many of our mothers - including mine.

IMG_5523.thumb.jpeg.130839326630ebd9d6a1bcf46d01758f.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3472.jpeg.35a02eb98cda9824d173536fc1dea91a.jpeg

Have a great Mothers Day and Sunday everyone !!!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Good morning, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and those who help take care of children, either 2 legged or 4!

We were in Nanortarlik last August on our Nieuw Statendam cruise.  It was a quaint small town, we just walked around town and visited the church. The most amazing thing was the iceberg in the bay, between where we anchored (tender port) and the shore! There were giant icebergs everywhere - it was amazing to see them all.

0819-04.thumb.JPG.a4c20dee61ed62292e8eab9f47f9905c.JPG0819-06.thumb.JPG.f6fcba9cf9540e1e239818f830074651.JPG0819-07.thumb.JPG.87104b40bba0332590b5bb756b1f253d.JPG0819-08a.thumb.JPG.1ad087a6fe226bbf684d164722a6c406.JPG0819-10.thumb.JPG.788218d2197d71fd8c97688cf1570194.JPG0819-11.thumb.JPG.ccbcc30f90baef97e486071f471fab04.JPG0819-12.thumb.jpg.ab103c7d2b7c019b4c538ccfbb7d1611.jpg0819-16.thumb.JPG.92452d36f206649e0b23b184ea43adec.JPG

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

Sunday May 14 care and celebration list

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with knee and back pain but doing things

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Tupper10 with post op pain but doing ok

Alberta wildfires, army helping

Cruznterri’s dh mohs surgery tomorrow

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

From the rotation:

Summer Slope’s friend with a brain injury

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy, one more round

NextOne needing valve surgery 

Former president jimmy Carter in Home hospice care

Celebrations

Tana responding to medication and walking with walker

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH moving to rehab closer to home

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

Mamaofami with good oncology report

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report,  surgery date for other eye

Vict0rians dh coming home after surgery

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

Bon voyage SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam 5/14 to5/28)

7 days for Crazy For Cats(Zaandam 5/20 to 5/27)

Cruising 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/21)

Jazzyv cruise, Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam to5/28) 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 14

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there.  I have no children but I have two cats I really miss.    It is a beautiful  morning here but some rain due.  We had a major change in plans because I heard form the couple that opened our cabin for us.  #1 the road is still horrible and driving on it when really wet can mess it up  #2 our water wouldn't start  #3 they couldn't start our gas refrigerator.  Therefore we are delaying to probably next Monday.  Once the Maples start leafing out they really suck up water so the road dries out quickly.    I am hoping it was an operator error on the well electricity or at worse a bad circuit breaker, that requires an electrician versus a visit from the well company that is always three weeks behind.   Good news comes out of bad, our plant sale was such a success that we sold out all but a few plants.   But we have no plants for the Farmer's Market booth we have booked for next week.  That means digging more plants today and tomorrow so we have more to sell.  Thankfully my sister has a garden full of desirable volunteers.  

@richwmn Thank you for the Daily Reports and again welcome back from your world voyage.   @StLouisCruisers thanks for filling in admirably in Rich's absence.  Thanks for the picture of your Mom.  @dfishthanks for the photo of your Mom and today's recipes.   They look wonderful but too carbful for me.   @summer slope I'll take that drink minus the bitters and at @cat shepardthat vino is a winner.   @superoma Thanks for doing our Daily Cares and Celebrations Reports each day.  Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.   Looking forward to photos of today's port and thanks for the great photo @RedneckBob.   

Happy Mom's Day Mom.  ♥️  This photo is on her way to her favorite place, their cabin in the UP.  

Helena on Net River bridge '92.jpg

sun 2023.jpg

shade 2023.jpg

• Like 34

Thank you Sandi, thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Eva, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Happy Mother's Day to those who are moms!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there.  I have no children but I have two cats I really miss.    It is a beautiful  morning here but some rain due.  We had a major change in plans because I heard form the couple that opened our cabin for us.  #1 the road is still horrible and driving on it when really wet can mess it up  #2 our water wouldn't start  #3 they couldn't start our gas refrigerator.  Therefore we are delaying to probably next Monday.  Once the Maples start leafing out they really suck up water so the road dries out quickly.    I am hoping it was an operator error on the well electricity or at worse a bad circuit breaker, that requires an electrician versus a visit from the well company that is always three weeks behind.   Good news comes out of bad, our plant sale was such a success that we sold out all but a few plants.   But we have no plants for the Farmer's Market booth we have booked for next week.  That means digging more plants today and tomorrow so we have more to sell.  Thankfully my sister has a garden full of desirable volunteers.  

@richwmn Thank you for the Daily Reports and again welcome back from your world voyage.   @StLouisCruisers thanks for filling in admirably in Rich's absence.  Thanks for the picture of your Mom.  @dfishthanks for the photo of your Mom and today's recipes.   They look wonderful but too carbful for me.   @summer slope I'll take that drink minus the bitters and at @cat shepardthat vino is a winner.   @superoma Thanks for doing our Daily Cares and Celebrations Reports each day.  Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.   Looking forward to photos of today's port and thanks for the great photo @RedneckBob.   

Happy Mom's Day Mom.  ♥️  This photo is on her way to her favorite place, their cabin in the UP.  

Helena on Net River bridge '92.jpg

sun 2023.jpg

shade 2023.jpg

Thanks Ottahand7. Thank goodness the ship stayed afloat so I could post the photo! 😳

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 60°F and sunny now at 11.45am.

I had breakfast in our garden room and now I'm relaxing on one of our  sunbeds.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

IMG_20230514_113335.jpg

OK grapau27. It’s National Decency Day! Could you please cover your legs. 😀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Wishing a Happy Day to all the Mothers. I am lucky enough to still have both of my parents.  They will be coming over this afternoon for a picnic lunch.  Here is a picture of my Mom when she was pregnant with me.IMG_7422.thumb.jpeg.28b2c96b45c6609489bae81fb33e8657.jpeg

@cat shepardLoved all the pictures of animal moms. I am still watching the Hayes Pittsburgh eagle camera.  The eaglets looking for Mom.IMG_7394.thumb.png.3a335c010547d59e19d3fec594000e93.png

Here’s the whole family.IMG_7401.thumb.png.1be2338fbec911a0f1e08092e4234b77.png

Positive thoughts to those who need them. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning and Happy Mother’s Day to all our mom’s. It was a long day of parenting yesterday. Today is our last full day as their parents arrive home tomorrow afternoon. We have a picnic lunch planned at a nearby playground for one of today’s activities. We will drive home Tuesday, rest for a couple of days and start getting ready for our cruises.

Wishes that all our Mom’s have a great day. Thanks for the Fleet Report and featured post. Bruce

image.jpeg.cd1bbde6c5542a68e6f548f12c2e3e74.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d50aa950b9fb08e0f2771962ec56b771.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.93e385a73c3bd0d9c50aa4afa7115400.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d9a477cff4740e0070e7ba1cdac4d5cc.jpegimage.jpeg.d18f1e0cc734dd3315098ab121bc5e10.jpeg

Caught me again AC. Rowing on the Voyage of the Vikings and ruining my barrel of moonshine!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Happy Mother's  Day  to all the moms  out there.It is a beautiful  day here with a breeze and sunshine. The two dogs are under the kitchen table by my feet as I type. They will go for their first long walk soon. We are quite bonded.

We were unable to go to this port on the VOV due to ice at the time  so I only saw the icebergs in the distance.

I posted this picture  taken when DS was baptized. It is my mom, my mormor (Swedish grandma) and DS with me.Funny how some days are remembered  so clearly!

my mom and DS snorkeling  is the first photo

20220508_115554.jpg

20220508_120011.jpg

• Like 31

46 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there.  I have no children but I have two cats I really miss.    It is a beautiful  morning here but some rain due.  We had a major change in plans because I heard form the couple that opened our cabin for us.  #1 the road is still horrible and driving on it when really wet can mess it up  #2 our water wouldn't start  #3 they couldn't start our gas refrigerator.  Therefore we are delaying to probably next Monday.  Once the Maples start leafing out they really suck up water so the road dries out quickly.    I am hoping it was an operator error on the well electricity or at worse a bad circuit breaker, that requires an electrician versus a visit from the well company that is always three weeks behind.

I sure hope it’s one of the lesser evils versus needing the well company 🤞 

46 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good news comes out of bad, our plant sale was such a success that we sold out all but a few plants.   But we have no plants for the Farmer's Market booth we have booked for next week.  That means digging more plants today and tomorrow so we have more to sell.  Thankfully my sister has a garden full of desirable volunteers.  

Wow!  Looks like you have a booming business 🙂 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Happy Mother's  Day  to all the moms  out there.It is a beautiful  day here with a breeze and sunshine. The two dogs are under the kitchen table by my feet as I type. They will go for their first long walk soon. We are quite bonded.

We were unable to go to this port on the VOV due to ice at the time  so I only saw the icebergs in the distance.

I posted this picture  taken when DS was baptized. It is my mom, my mormor (Swedish grandma) and DS with me.Funny how some days are remembered  so clearly!

my mom and DS snorkeling  is the first photo

20220508_115554.jpg

20220508_120011.jpg

Lovely family photos Terry.

I hope Tana is well.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I managed to scrounge up this old photo from a previous FB post. Mom and me a long time ago. She’s been gone 30 years this past February. 

IMG_2977.jpeg.280bc69bd815c5c877e1ff15b745ca3d.jpeg

Nice photo Vanessa.

I'm sad for you that it is 30 years since you last saw your mam.

It is 12 years for me and 5 years for Pauline this year since our dear mam's died.

• Like 13

Good morning all and Happy Mother’s Day to all our mothers out there!

Today is our last full day in Yellowstone, our flight home will be tomorrow afternoon. Hard to believe we’ll be home tomorrow night. 

Yesterday we found some bears! It was a mama black bear and 2 cubs. A Ranger told me that a male bear had frightened them up a tree and now she couldn’t get them to come down. Who knows how long they were up there, we watched them a long time.

A few photos of what we saw yesterday. 

IMG_0580.thumb.jpeg.758088b8e0401b7287521973ba3422a6.jpegPronghorn

IMG_0586.thumb.jpeg.2d3eb705e5d6dcd8ad6e4abae8a5c863.jpegMama and cubs in tree (photo the best I could get with my phone)

IMG_0585.thumb.jpeg.082dfaa2e7089d5e7a56ffdf4cc8cfaa.jpeg

IMG_0596.thumb.jpeg.5914c2bf82ed5355ae3510ac5ab7ab9c.jpeg

IMG_0589.thumb.jpeg.3d7327052b28ee47ef4e1ea73b4fb5bb.jpeg

IMG_0599.thumb.jpeg.039199fcbcc67833a27e0a0c641b74da.jpegSilex Spring

Red Spouter

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

image.png.bfc0bfe26912b64352a670bfe110022c.png

Dear Daily-ites, 

Hope this note finds you in good spirits. 

image.png.bac90cb10e86ab958b593c46fbfc6b27.png

Welcome home Rich. Thank you to Sandi for holding down the fort while you were sailing. Many thanks to our food and beverage ladies.

Sandi, I'm sorry Ren and team lost. Just need a rest up and they will be back on the winning side.

Ann, loved the mom and baby animals! 

Thank you for posting pictures of your moms. I don't have a rosey thought of my mom as she took off for parts unknown when I was a young teenager. 

Terry I'm so happy Tana walked a bit with her walker. 

Graham, the poem on the dog was heartbreaking. If I weren't a caregiver to my sweet husband I would rescue several of them. For now we take care of of neighbors little dog while they travel. Sometimes we take her for the day if they go on a long hike. Poor little girl has to have her remaining teeth out tomorrow as one is abscessed and it's the last time the vet recommends having her put to sleep to pull the teeth. 

Some good news to report:

Our friends are coming down from Green Valley to visit in a few weeks.

My sister may take one of our cruise segments with us in Dec. She's hoping to join us on the Panama Canal segment. 

We bought a set of recliners and they were delivered yesterday. Much more comfortable for my sweet husband. Giving the other pair to our landscaper Claudio. His church always has a list of needs.

I finished all of my flower planting! 

And drum roll... so far the armadillo have not dug in our yard in at least 5 days straight. They moved over to the neighbors and they are trying the moth ball method too.

Tonight I am making beef vegetable soup with left over pot roast, but Debbie's recipes sure look good.

Wishing everyone a wonderful,  peaceful,  blessed Sunday.

Missing socks.

image.png.f2d0ae9c6b4d45a7de20594939561c14.png

image.png.0429fd6fb5b6012aad005355823d6e0d.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I remember lots of smiles and giggles from everyone doing the chicken dance at weddings.  We aren't dog people, but know how wonderful it is to bond with any furry creature.  Wish we had Decency Day every day - we do on the Daily, but not so much elsewhere.

A beautiful day ahead for us; right now the skies are clear and just a hint of breeze, with a predicted high of +26C (78F).  The first thing I did notice this morning is the distinct smell of smoke in the air from the wildfires in Alberta.  Prayers going out to all who are affected, and especially to those helping fight the fires.

We had a lovely evening yesterday; our young Ukrainian family came over and brought along a friend of the husband, who we met at their home.  The 6 of us enjoyed dinner and conversation on the deck for nearly 4 hours.  The little girl (Margo) really liked the back yard especially the rocks around the fountain - apparently she loves rocks, so of course DH had to find a couple of special ones for her to take home.   She found the garden chimes and rang them so much that it sounded like we were in a church!  LOL  I just think it's so wonderful that our paths crossed when they did, and that they've chosen to become a part of our lives.  

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is in the role of being a mother - that isn't a role exclusive to women, it includes men as well.  Mothering is caring for, guiding, and protecting children, and you are to be commended for it.  Wishing all mothers, whether to human or furbabies a very Happy Mother's Day.

I will give today's drink a pass (Bourbon, ugh), thought the wine would be very expensive, but quite surprised it's in my price range, and would really like today's menu suggestion.  I'm going to definitely tuck the recipe away for another time because we've been invited over to DH's daughter's house for dinner tonight.  She gave me the choice between barbecue ribs or Greek ribs - I've chosen Greek.  I don't know what else will accompany the ribs, but whatever it is, I'm sure it will be delicious, as she's a very good cook.  We'll be enjoying dinner and conversation around her dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 27