The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday May 14th, 2023

@grapau27, Graham, thank you so much.Tana continues to have ups and downs but on the good days she tries to at least stand for 1to2 minutes with the walker.Thank you for asking.

@Seasick Sailor, Joy, I know you recognize the huge effort involved in transfers etc. I am sorry to hear about your Mom.Tana and her sister whom I call my DD experienced a similar scenario when they were teenagers. They had already been living with us for a few years but of course it was still painful.

@JazzyV  I hope the knees and your stomach are better today.Love thr picture  of you with your Mom!

Actually all the Mom pictures are great to see, thanks everyone.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

download.jpg.1591726e663a3f8fd5fc490e8a366223.jpg

Good morning on this cloudy and a little breezy Mothers' Day in central Texas.  It is 71F and our predicted high will be 75F.  Since our rain yesterday morning it's been dry.  All the storms later yesterday went around us.  It is supposed to start raining again in about an hour, stop for the afternoon and rain again all night until about 9am tomorrow.  We'll just have to wait and see if the forecast is accurate.

It's been about 30 years since we did the chicken dance.  Our oldest DD's band director would have the jazz band play the chicken dance at every band party.  Even the parents chaperoning the parties were expected to get up and make fools of themselves.  It was a lot of fun.  Dachshunds bond with one person, and our older one boded with our older DD.  That dog would not let the younger dachshund bond with anyone, but after she died, the younger dog bonded with me.  I try to be decent to everyone everyday, but some people sure make that difficult.  🤣

I like the Churchill quote.

The meal looks like a good way to use leftover ham, and the wine sounds nice with a decent price today.  We'll pass on the drink.

Lewis and Clark's expedition sure made a difference in our country.

We have been to Nanortalik twice, and I'll look for my pictures in a few minutes.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you for stepping up and filling in for Rich @richwmn while he was globe trotting on the Zuiderdam.  I'm glad that Linda has a new dog to keep her company and that she is able to take walks now.

@grapau27  Graham, that meme and story about the dog's last steps brought tears to my eyes.  I don't understand people who do not treat their pets with love and decency.  I would like to share that on FB if you don't mind.  Thanks for information about the chicken dance.  

@richwmn  Rich, I'm glad you made it home safely and that Callie and Leo remembered you.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm sorry you had a bad reaction to the injection this week.  I'm glad you feel better and are going out with the friend and his mom today.

@cat shepard  Ann, thanks for the wonderful pictures of the animal babies with their moms.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I like your idea of catering the holiday events with your family.  Where we live in Texas and Quartzsite, that is not possible. 

@kplady  Thanks for you pictures of Nanortalik.  It looks like you had great weather that day.

@Cruising-along  Carolyn, I'm glad you saw the mama bear and her cubs.  Safe travels home tomorrow.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope you did not have any flooding or damage from the rains yesterday.  I saw on a news site that several roads in Austin were closed due to low water crossings being flooded.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm glad last night was a lot of fun, and that the little girl had a good time.

@SusieKIslandGirl  I hope you have a great cruise.

BonVoyage.png.de18b769a8abf2b87716ade1ce2791ce.png

A big thank you to everyone who posted pictures of their mothers today.  I won't name everyone because I don't want to omit someone.

I will add pictures of my mother and both grandmothers.  All were remarkable women, and I miss them very much.  Unfortunately, none of them lived to see our DDs.

My mother taken on what was probably my second Easter.

jpg283.jpg.19c6c0e952335622d60eeee25687fe89.jpg

My paternal grandmother and grandfather.  This was probably taken in 1963.  I'm pretty sure I took his picture and did not do a good job of centering them in the frame.

img437.thumb.jpg.2b809256ce81f721e4dac3347eec032f.jpg

My maternal grandmother at work as the Society Editor of our local paper.    I don't know how she ever found anything on her desk or bulletin boards.  All three were very camera shy, but she really worked to avoid the cameras.  The tables were turned on her in 1950 when Life Magazine selected her for a picture story about a week in the life of a small town Society Editor.  This is one of those pictures.  Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the one with a friend and the friend's Herefords on my computer.  I do have several copies of the magazine, which I treasure.

img118.thumb.jpg.b0db38b8757c853ae100f278e7bec2d1.jpg

This is DH's mother and father.  Sadly, his mother also did not live to meet the DDs.

jpg054.thumb.jpg.e66d4030ba9a62f6a1079e9a3077b263.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 5

We have been to Nanortalik twice.  The first time was on the Tahitian Princess in 2009, and the second was on the Prinsendam in 2017.  The first time the weather was clear and sunny, but on the Prinsendam there were low clouds and some rain.  It should be easy to tell which cruise the pictures were taken on just by looking at the weather.

This was the village from the ship or the tender.

IMG_6124.thumb.JPG.cfd0b4dbba4e5a54f3a9877e69be4306.JPG

A few pictures as we walked around.  The buildings in the third picture are part of their museum where you can go through various buildings and can climb to the view platform by the flagpole.  There are stairs on the far side of the big rock.  Their museum was interesting and showed how they lived.

DSC09539.thumb.JPG.6f97588bd87d4f4f54a58155b7b07f1a.JPG

IMG_6128.thumb.JPG.9ad781efc49772eb7bad203b347f347c.JPG

IMG_6132.thumb.JPG.b55845773eff9e5f0a06b666c79f3dec.JPG
IMG_6135.thumb.JPG.090752ec642e69ce6db202c5198baf81.JPG

A carving representing a whale.

IMG_6136.thumb.JPG.2c0b4e70640b74f8203da43120a461d4.JPG

Some overall pictures of the village and area.

DSC09597.thumb.JPG.f68106239cf4c8fe088f6e020a43f760.JPG

DSC09598.thumb.JPG.7cacfffd5d25aa2a05dfcfeecf421a1b.JPGIMG_6141.thumb.JPG.6cb47fdd19fdd84a43967aa2cdd3fd81.JPG

A call to a tender port would not be complete without a picture of the Elegant Explorer at anchor.

DSC09592.thumb.JPG.b7fa0ad0cde5ce209680aaf5d44c962c.JPG

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Unable to celebrate Mother's Day, but here is a picture of my mother.

Margaret.thumb.jpg.6caa9323d11ddee1e211e7ffb41964e2.jpg

Also unable to bond with a dog, don't want to dance like a chicken. Generally in favor of decency but not so much of the National Legion of Decency.

Even paranoiacs can have enemies.

No ham-and-anything will be in my plans, so I'd choose Roy's alternative. Actual dinner will likely be a pasta casserole using the remaining pizza sauce. I'm not from Wisconsin, but I think that an Old Fashioned should be made with brandy. Would try the wine. Haven't been to Greenland.

I taught Hebrew this morning and will be going to Wegmans later.

ouijacat.thumb.jpg.dce1ef70dee03d216488af6d02f26f91.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 7

Thanks all for being here. Mother’s Day is always a tough day for me. Love seeing your pictures. My grandparents all died before we were born, I’m the youngest. I raised 2 stepsons, one keeps is touch a couple times a year. My relationship with my mom was difficult but we did the best we could together… she’s the one who took me traveling!  She died at 90 21 yrs ago.  I’m very blessed with my very loving DH and his family, children and grandchildren!  I am grateful for life from my parents, grateful for my siblings and their children, and my life is filled with love! 

I’ve followed most of the Lewis and Clark trail, and where Lewis died on the Natchez Trace. 

Blessings to all in need, and to those celebrating. 

Love hearing about Ren, and Margo!  

Hoping all those who are struggling get a break!  

Maureen

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the continued Fleet Update and General Info SLC.

Happy Mother’s Day!

The photo below is real, not fiction. It was taken in July 2010 on the Maasdam, Voyage of the Vikings in the Bay off the port in Greenland. Since we had an inside cabin on this cruise I did not see it until we got to the Lido Restaurant for breakfast. It was tall as the Lido Deck.

The Captain of this cruise was Captain James Dunford. I ran into him later that day and told him if we hit the berg we all will be “Done For”.

IMG_1028.thumb.jpeg.6e951d2798d571608c79a81f44806cfc.jpeg

I have a similar picture..... same cruise.... and same Captain. One of my favorites .... picture, ship and Captain.

• Like 18

Happy Mother’s Day to all who mother! A very important job. My mom passed away quite suddenly a week after her 60th birthday, 33 years ago. I miss her every day and even more when my father, 93, gets really cantankerous!  On the other hand we had a great afternoon and a bbq with our daughters and half the grandchildren. One dgd had to work and the other one had her nursing faculty spring fling. But we see them on a regular basis so all good. Nothing better than having them all close.

yesterday was a red letter day. I have been looking for a new bike, a step through bike for easy access. I refuse to pay $1000 or more so have been looking on Facebook marketplace etc. as it happened there was a garage sale on our dd’s street yesterday and low and behold a step thru bike for sale. Almost brand new being sold by an 85+ neighbour since he has vertigo and can’t ride. I grabbed it for $350 and took it out for a ride this morning. Very happy. Much lighter than the old bike I was using. Already have a possible taker for the old one. We have some cooler days coming up so a good time to get back in the riding habit.

have a great day everyone.

764A4811-2C42-4D97-830F-C1DE025E04B1.jpeg

• Like 30

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning on this cloudy and a little breezy Mothers' Day in central Texas.  It is 71F and our predicted high will be 75F.  Since our rain yesterday morning it's been dry.  All the storms later yesterday went around us.  It is supposed to start raining again in about an hour, stop for the afternoon and rain again all night until about 9am tomorrow.  We'll just have to wait and see if the forecast is accurate.

It's been about 30 years since we did the chicken dance.  Our oldest DD's band director would have the jazz band play the chicken dance at every band party.  Even the parents chaperoning the parties were expected to get up and make fools of themselves.  It was a lot of fun.  Dachshunds bond with one person, and our older one boded with our older DD.  That dog would not let the younger dachshund bond with anyone, but after she died, the younger dog bonded with me.  I try to be decent to everyone everyday, but some people sure make that difficult.  🤣

The meal looks like a good way to use leftover ham, and the wine sounds nice with a decent price today.  We'll pass on the drink.

We have been to Nanortalik twice, and I'll look for my pictures in a few minutes.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you for stepping up and filling in for Rich @richwmn while he was globe trotting on the Zuiderdam.  I'm glad that Linda has a new dog to keep her company and that she is able to take walks now.

@grapau27  Graham, that meme and story about the dog's last steps brought tears to my eyes.  I don't understand people who do not treat their pets with love and decency.  I would like to share that on FB if you don't mind.  Thanks for information about the chicken dance.  

@richwmn  Rich, I'm glad you made it home safely and that Callie and Leo remembered you.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm sorry you had a bad reaction to the injection this week.  I'm glad you feel better and are going out with the friend and his mom today.

@cat shepard  Ann, thanks for the wonderful pictures of the animal babies with their moms.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I like your idea of catering the holiday events with your family.  Where we live in Texas and Quartzsite, that is not possible. 

@kplady  Thanks for you pictures of Nanortalik.  It looks like you had great weather that day.

@Cruising-along  Carolyn, I'm glad you saw the mama bear and her cubs.  Safe travels home tomorrow.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope you did not have any flooding or damage from the rains yesterday.  I saw on a news site that several roads in Austin were closed due to low water crossings being flooded.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm glad last night was a lot of fun, and that the little girl had a good time.

A big thank you to everyone who posted pictures of their mothers today.  I won't name everyone because I don't want to omit someone.

I will add pictures of my mother and both grandmothers.  All were remarkable women, and I miss them very much.  Unfortunately, none of them lived to see our DDs.

My paternal grandmother and grandfather.  This was probably taken in 1963.  I'm pretty sure I took his picture and did not do a good job of centering them in the frame.

My maternal grandmother at work as the Society Editor of our local paper.    I don't know how she ever found anything on her desk or bulletin boards.  All three were very camera shy, but she really worked to avoid the cameras.  The tables were turned on her in 1950 when Life Magazine selected her for a picture story about a week in the life of a small town Society Editor.  This is one of those pictures.  Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the one with a friend and the friend's Herefords on my computer.  I do have several copies of the magazine, which I treasure.

This is DH's mother and father.  Sadly, his mother also did not live to meet the DDs.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

A friend sent the poem/meme to me so feel free to re use.

Your family photos look lovely.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Also unable to bond with a dog, don't want to dance like a chicken. Generally in favor of decency but not so much of the National Legion of Decency.

No ham-and-anything will be in my plans, so I'd choose Roy's alternative. Actual dinner will likely be a pasta casserole using the remaining pizza sauce. I'm not from Wisconsin, but I think that an Old Fashioned should be made with brandy. Would try the wine. Haven't been to Greenland.

Pretty lady.

• Like 9

Good morning, Dailyites, and Happy Mother's Day to all who mother!  My mother was very hands-off.  If she didn't have servants to look after me, she sent me to boarding school.  In her defence, I think I was a handful, a spoilt only child.  One thing she said to me when I married - "Just don't expect me to babysit!" - and she never did.

We visited Nanortalik on the Nieuw Statendam in 2022, so I have pictures much like the others shown, as there's not all that much to see in the small town.  The best views were from the ship.

ArrivingIMG_1399.thumb.jpeg.7d65b60c64a83f7a8a53d5a0327098ce.jpeg

IMG_1391.thumb.jpeg.b2955b2015249ceebb0b3a69390ec06f.jpeg

IMG_1358.thumb.jpeg.3828ac11ad7b70f30170639385bf83a6.jpeg

The ship in a low cloud

IMG_1380.thumb.jpeg.85098a28bf0bfde115b3db87714b6ab5.jpeg

Leaving there were many icebergs

IMG_1357.thumb.jpeg.d63d247d1b0cc4919262caacbbca5579.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

26 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and Happy Mother's Day to all who mother!  My mother was very hands-off.  If she didn't have servants to look after me, she sent me to boarding school.  In her defence, I think I was a handful, a spoilt only child.  One thing she said to me when I married - "Just don't expect me to babysit!" - and she never did.

We visited Nanortalik on the Nieuw Statendam in 2022, so I have pictures much like the others shown, as there's not all that much to see in the small town.  The best views were from the ship.

The ship in a low cloud

Lovely photos Ann.

Wow your mam was quite cold towards you which is so sad and cruel imo.

Good wishes to you and Pat.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  Happy Mother’s Day! 

The cutest mama bear video, sorry couldn’t share it another way.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0GRagSug3F4dkniCKGA5f4uV4g3tU2bgnoEaJAsEVMVUxUWVvu5NKuVcwCnzsC7Rtl&id=100010077750613

My mom and grandmother, and my daughter who is also a mother. 

image.png.b4f8378ab83a6c32b70aafc5dc4114f2.png

IMG_2550.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Happy Mother’s Day! 

The cutest mama bear video, sorry couldn’t share it another way.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0GRagSug3F4dkniCKGA5f4uV4g3tU2bgnoEaJAsEVMVUxUWVvu5NKuVcwCnzsC7Rtl&id=100010077750613

My mom and grandmother, and my daughter who is also a mother. 

image.png.b4f8378ab83a6c32b70aafc5dc4114f2.png

IMG_2550.jpeg

I showed Pauline your photos.

Your grandmother bears a strong resemblance to Pauline's late mam.

• Like 14

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely photos Ann.

Wow your mam was quite cold towards you which is so sad and cruel imo.

Good wishes to you and Pat.

Graham.

It was probably the way she was brought up.

• Like 10

I've just finished eating lunch and have been resting up a bit reading Cruise Critic this morning.  Time to get busy on that photo book.  The reason I rested was I spent some time outside in the heat and humidity raking up some areas of the yard that looked poorly due to thatch and small leaves left by the landscaping people last fall.  I got some old acorn debris up too.  Everyone's grass looks pretty inferior this year and I'm wondering if the company that sprays fertilizer on our properties really did a good job or not.  Sweat was just dripping down my face.  Anyway, had to shower and cool down afterwards and just sat on the sofa reading and watching TV.  After I finish here I promise to get started on Manaus!

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely photo Sandi.

It was mother's day on March 12th here in the UK.

Thank you Graham.  I'm glad to see others posting their photos too.

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning from a sunny 54°F NE England.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for being a star and hosting the daily reports for the last few months.

Decency is something we all should show to each other.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Interesting quote from Churchill.

Unfortunately no matter how hard we try to do nice things for others some people usually out of jealousy are always going to dislike or hate you.

Dogs are a faithful companion but read this and thought it sad this can happen to dogs in a shelter.

Best wishes everyone.

Hope y'all have a great day.

image.png.68078b7b2b3924ca90b474813d8f1160.png

Screenshot_20230514_102516.jpg

Thank you for posting that Graham.  It made me so sad though and it's a hard thing to think about.😥

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

I am back home safe. The Callie and Leo came to make sure it was me, then we went back to normal, they went back outside to play. At 2:30am Leo decided it was time to go to bed so he jumped up and snuggled.

Lots to do today and tomorrow, but work is all caught up.

I want to acknowledge and thank @POA1 and his wife for their hospitality Friday night and yesterday morning. It was a wonderful way to end a cruise.

Hope everyone has a great day!

It's good to hear from you.  That really is nice of @POA1 to ask you to stay with them after your WC.  What a view, eh?  It was fun hearing how Callie and Leo reacted to you being back.  Cats are funny!🐈

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. Happy Mother’s Day! 
It’s also Mother’s Day here in Germany, and Father’s Day is on Thursday. 

Interesting days and quote. Pass on the meal. 

I had a rough day yesterday with stomach issues and couldn’t get warm. Then I realized I’d taken my injection on Wednesday and I think that’s the cause. I did a COVID test this AM that was negative. I will delay the next injection until I get home. Today we’re going out with a friend and his Mom, so I’m not sure what’s for dinner; at least I feel better. 

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today. Lovely photo of your Mother. 
@richwmn Welcome back!

Prayers for all in need and Cheers to those with reason to Celebrate.

I'm sad to hear you are having more problems with your stomach issues.  Hoping you're feeling good enough to enjoy your dinner out with your friend and his Mom.  And thanks for the nice comment about Mom's photo.  She had her hands full with 4 children and a family of 6 in a tiny apartment.  Thankfully we moved to the suburbs the following year with room to spread out.

6 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R & D! A lovely morning. Once the humidity cleared out yesterday, the day was lovely. But the early morning was icky sticky. 

Eva, thank you for so diligently tracking our happenings! Just gym, Aldi, Bindi walks and deconstructing the pool party stuff. 

In honor of Mothers’ Day, I bring you….

IMG_1128.jpeg.320f32f87ea9659f9869731957d63cc9.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg.2e5c91edde83015fdcd36e87ed041fab.jpeg

IMG_1131.jpeg.b3e20048518152e14f1ac7ccb6b65700.jpeg

IMG_1132.jpeg.b4cea6a9e7790f6d848d4bec01d004b7.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg.7468f67dc02147a3f1a8fe66bfc4d205.jpeg

IMG_1140.jpeg.04ca9f14769f5df671d4b9ff7934181e.jpeg

IMG_1145.jpeg.157536cdb40fa0bc199cbb75fcd99c03.jpeg

IMG_1143.jpeg.cc30aeb986a0598bf71891c393974450.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg.96abce43720e87e3da63e209a7ffd4ac.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpeg.3b800dc5e48e2d1efca5725e66a08660.jpeg

IMG_1156.jpeg.611cc325da1fe3be5676845774c32988.jpeg

This one fascinates me! Must be quite a hike for the babies to crawl up Mom’s shell!

IMG_1155.jpeg.d350552a52ab1703b46dc88c3553affb.jpeg

IMG_1157.jpeg.c9c9b23e1fb116728d4057e71f7e8d21.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg.09399b5989df5efb58b0512879e41b8e.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Lapostolle 2019 Cabernet Cuvee Alexandre, Colchagua Valley, Chile

The good news is that every released vintage of this Cab shares the same great reviews and prices. I picked the 2019 vintage info, because you should still be able to find it & it should be ready to enjoy! Available from numerous online distributors with prices starting at $17.95.

Winemaker Notes

Intense, deep red color with purple edges. Expressive and intense nose with cassis and black currant aromas. Elegant palate with round and persistent tannins, with fresh cherry along with a light toast flavor.

Pairs well with dishes as lamb shank with herbs or pork fillet with mustard and honey.

JS94 James Suckling

Very pretty currant, blackberry and floral aromas and flavors. It’s medium-to full-bodied with firm, silky tannins and a chewy finish. Give it two or three years to soften.

RP92 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

I was surprised by the varietal purity of the 2019 Cuvée Alexandre Cabernet Sauvignon despite being blended with some 9% Carmenere, 4% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot, which probably adds complexity and more Bordeaux character to the bottled wine. But it also has Chilean character, balsamic and round, with good acidity and pungent flavors. It fermented with indigenous yeasts and matured in French oak barrels for 16 months. It's quite classical.

Ann, great photos of baby animals with their Moms.  All are darling.

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Happy Mothers Day to all our Mothers and Mother figures.  I think National Decency Day is every day for our Dailyites but will pass on the other 2 days.  It should be National Courage Day in honor of Lewis and Clark and their teams.  If Ren has a day off it should be a beautiful day here.  I have not been to Nanortalik.  HAL's next call there is 2 months from today on the Zuiderdam.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gazpacho, Prime Rib of Beef au Jus, and Key Lime Pie as served on MS Veendam May 14, 2016.

Roy

Thank you Roy.  I got a text this morning that they were heading out for the day to Charlottesville, Virginia for Mother's Day.  I hope the weather is nice there too.  DDIL got her undergraduate degree from UVA in Charlottesville.  So either she wanted to just go back for a visit for old time's sake, or to see an old friend there, or perhaps Ren wanted to see the University.  Whatever they do I'm sure it will be fun.

6 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be a bit cooler today in mid-Michigan with the high only reaching around 60F.  That's ok by me.  We're going out to Chippewa Nature Center and hiking a bit and then we have to get stuff out to the curb for heavy item pickup.  We are clearing out all of Previous Owner's lumber scraps that are hidden all over the yard.  There's a ton of them under the deck we just stained.  Speaking of which, I finished up the outside trim on it yesterday and gave the floor of the deck a second coat.  We could see where the hot tub had sat and the second coat took care of that.  

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, present and past.  Especially to my mom celebrating in heaven.  

Mom and me

MomandDeb.thumb.jpg.b56d6f2bda85d4c20119266a688b3cc1.jpg

Today's meal will appeal to many, but I am going with Roy's alternative meal.  Actually, we have a ton of chicken left over from last night. The first recipe calls for fully cooked ham, so this is a good way to use up leftover ham.  It also uses sugar snap peas instead of regular peas.  Carb count it still to high and alfredo dishes are usually too heavy for me.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ham-and-pea-pasta-alfredo/

hamandpeaalfredo1.jpg.0a52d6e8c04de4cecb74b3b97662d874.jpg

The next recipe shows us we can use whatever kind of pasta we have on hand.  It doesn't have to be fettuccini noodles.  Included is a list of variations that you can consider.  I like the one that says to sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.  Bacon makes everything better, doesn't it?   https://thekitchengirl.com/leftover-ham-alfredo-pasta/

hamandpeaalfredo2.thumb.jpg.9b3d9acbd277c6cc31eade2dc45a8439.jpg

This last recipe is similar to the first one with a difference in type of pea used and the seasonings.  https://www.thefoodieaffair.com/fettuccine-alfredo-ham-peas/

hamandpeaalfredo3.thumb.jpg.b0c16fe08494d8b0f932a950754a7c34.jpg

Wishing  you all a wonderful day!

I think I would choose #3.  But that's not what DH is fixing me for dinner tonight.  Anyway, you and Sue have really been busy.  I'm sure the deck and the back yard look much better now.  Enjoy your time relaxing today.  And your photo with your Mother is so sweet.  Thank you for sharing!

6 hours ago, Denise T said:

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Happy Mother's Day! My mom passed away 23 years ago. I still miss her. 

I love dogs. My wonderful rescue dog Abby sadly passed away last year. She had a very rough start to her life but at the end of her life, she knew she was safe and loved. 

Today is 14 days until cruise day. I am packing. Hope to get a lot of it done because these two weeks will go quickly.

Thinking of everyone today.

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Oh boy, it's getting closer!  The weeks do go by so quickly.  

6 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers out there.  My kids, my sister and her family coming today for dinner.  Take out from Olive Garden is ordered.  My sister and I have decided that we are through preparing huge meals on holidays so catering/take out it is.  

Welcome home, Rich.  Though you had a wonderful trip it must be nice to be home.  

Prayers for all in need today.  Safe travels to all visiting their Moms.  Katherine 

Your catered meal from Olive Garden sounds very good.  I hope you and your family have a wonderful time together.  

5 hours ago, kazu said:

thanks for our Sunday Daily, Sandi.

Happy Mothers Day!

IMG_3498.jpeg.cd5e80af1ae3f814b0dcee2e2ce4d886.jpeg

I’ll celebrate Decency Day happily.  It makes life so much more pleasant.  And of course, bond with your dog day.  Ivan is interrupting my typing to play fetch.  LOL.

IMG_3403.thumb.jpeg.c7462d8f6558f8eadfaf0d259a938dd8.jpeg

I like the Churchill quote and the meal sounds interesting

@JazzyVSo sorry that the injections may be causing issues for you 😔 

@richwmn Welcome home!

@StLouisCruisers It’s a shame Ren and his team lost.  Glad they are getting a rest and I’m sure they will rebound at their next game.

N Statendam is in Amsterdam today.  It should have been my turn around day 😔 and a big group is boarding for the Norway portion.   Hope they all have a fantastic time.  We have some hikers in the group.  I hope they don’t end up like this:

IMG_3487.jpeg.68188bf0c0af6c205457e4d51291b064.jpeg

it’s a cold one this morning and won’t get that warm.  Ivan and I will tackle a bit outside very carefully.   After my neighbour visited, I curtailed some of my outside stuff heeding her warnings.  I’ll go slow and easy as I want this incision healed.   I’m hoping it warms up a bit more first, though.

IMG_3401.jpeg.f46377a3efac4843615007ff3c4be798.jpeg

Happy Mother’s Day to all and happy heavenly Mothers Day to many of our mothers - including mine.

IMG_5523.thumb.jpeg.130839326630ebd9d6a1bcf46d01758f.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3472.jpeg.35a02eb98cda9824d173536fc1dea91a.jpeg

Have a great Mothers Day and Sunday everyone !!!

Jacqui your Mom looks so elegant in her beautiful dress.  Women really dressed nicely in those days.  Men, too, with their hats and suits.  Love the memes again today.  I hope you and Ivan are having lots of fun playing fetch.  As for Ren and the Jags, you can't win them all.  Wish you could but you can't!  They will do their best tomorrow when they play again.

5 hours ago, kplady said:

Good morning, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and those who help take care of children, either 2 legged or 4!

We were in Nanortarlik last August on our Nieuw Statendam cruise.  It was a quaint small town, we just walked around town and visited the church. The most amazing thing was the iceberg in the bay, between where we anchored (tender port) and the shore! There were giant icebergs everywhere - it was amazing to see them all.

0819-04.thumb.JPG.a4c20dee61ed62292e8eab9f47f9905c.JPG0819-06.thumb.JPG.f6fcba9cf9540e1e239818f830074651.JPG0819-07.thumb.JPG.87104b40bba0332590b5bb756b1f253d.JPG0819-08a.thumb.JPG.1ad087a6fe226bbf684d164722a6c406.JPG0819-10.thumb.JPG.788218d2197d71fd8c97688cf1570194.JPG0819-11.thumb.JPG.ccbcc30f90baef97e486071f471fab04.JPG0819-12.thumb.jpg.ab103c7d2b7c019b4c538ccfbb7d1611.jpg0819-16.thumb.JPG.92452d36f206649e0b23b184ea43adec.JPG

Thank you for sharing your Nanortalik photos!  It looks like someplace I'll enjoy walking around.  I just hope we don't have bad weather and can get in there.

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there.  I have no children but I have two cats I really miss.    It is a beautiful  morning here but some rain due.  We had a major change in plans because I heard form the couple that opened our cabin for us.  #1 the road is still horrible and driving on it when really wet can mess it up  #2 our water wouldn't start  #3 they couldn't start our gas refrigerator.  Therefore we are delaying to probably next Monday.  Once the Maples start leafing out they really suck up water so the road dries out quickly.    I am hoping it was an operator error on the well electricity or at worse a bad circuit breaker, that requires an electrician versus a visit from the well company that is always three weeks behind.   Good news comes out of bad, our plant sale was such a success that we sold out all but a few plants.   But we have no plants for the Farmer's Market booth we have booked for next week.  That means digging more plants today and tomorrow so we have more to sell.  Thankfully my sister has a garden full of desirable volunteers.  

@richwmn Thank you for the Daily Reports and again welcome back from your world voyage.   @StLouisCruisers thanks for filling in admirably in Rich's absence.  Thanks for the picture of your Mom.  @dfishthanks for the photo of your Mom and today's recipes.   They look wonderful but too carbful for me.   @summer slope I'll take that drink minus the bitters and at @cat shepardthat vino is a winner.   @superoma Thanks for doing our Daily Cares and Celebrations Reports each day.  Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.   Looking forward to photos of today's port and thanks for the great photo @RedneckBob.   

Happy Mom's Day Mom.  ♥️  This photo is on her way to her favorite place, their cabin in the UP.  

Helena on Net River bridge '92.jpg

sun 2023.jpg

shade 2023.jpg

Nancy, what a nice photo of your Mom on her way to the UP (upper peninsula) to their cabin.  And wow, that's a lot of plants!  Nice looking too.  Are they all volunteers from various yards?  I really hope your problems at your cabin are easily fixed.  I know you're anxious to get up there.  Keep us updated.

5 hours ago, 0106 said:

Wishing a Happy Day to all the Mothers. I am lucky enough to still have both of my parents.  They will be coming over this afternoon for a picnic lunch.  Here is a picture of my Mom when she was pregnant with me.IMG_7422.thumb.jpeg.28b2c96b45c6609489bae81fb33e8657.jpeg

@cat shepardLoved all the pictures of animal moms. I am still watching the Hayes Pittsburgh eagle camera.  The eaglets looking for Mom.IMG_7394.thumb.png.3a335c010547d59e19d3fec594000e93.png

Here’s the whole family.IMG_7401.thumb.png.1be2338fbec911a0f1e08092e4234b77.png

Positive thoughts to those who need them. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Tina, thanks for the eaglets photos.  More cute babies.  Nice photo of your Mom expecting you.  My older sis told me our Mom should have known she was having twins just by the size of her tummy.  She could sit a plate on it!

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from my 2017 Crystal Symphony voyage from San Diego to New York.  May 14 was a sea day from Cartagena to Charleston.

dawn0514.jpg

Roy

What a beautiful sky for that sunrise.  Thanks for sharing with us.

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Happy Mother's  Day  to all the moms  out there.It is a beautiful  day here with a breeze and sunshine. The two dogs are under the kitchen table by my feet as I type. They will go for their first long walk soon. We are quite bonded.

We were unable to go to this port on the VOV due to ice at the time  so I only saw the icebergs in the distance.

I posted this picture  taken when DS was baptized. It is my mom, my mormor (Swedish grandma) and DS with me.Funny how some days are remembered  so clearly!

my mom and DS snorkeling  is the first photo

20220508_115554.jpg

20220508_120011.jpg

Wonderful family photos today Terry!  Brings back nice memories, I'm sure.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I managed to scrounge up this old photo from a previous FB post. Mom and me a long time ago. She’s been gone 30 years this past February. 

IMG_2977.jpeg.280bc69bd815c5c877e1ff15b745ca3d.jpeg

Vanessa, what a sweet photo of your Mom and you.  They really liked to pose by the cars back then, at least my folks did.  I'm sorry to hear you've been without her here on Earth for 30 years already.  But she is still in your heart.  

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all and Happy Mother’s Day to all our mothers out there!

Today is our last full day in Yellowstone, our flight home will be tomorrow afternoon. Hard to believe we’ll be home tomorrow night. 

Yesterday we found some bears! It was a mama black bear and 2 cubs. A Ranger told me that a male bear had frightened them up a tree and now she couldn’t get them to come down. Who knows how long they were up there, we watched them a long time.

A few photos of what we saw yesterday. 

IMG_0580.thumb.jpeg.758088b8e0401b7287521973ba3422a6.jpegPronghorn

IMG_0586.thumb.jpeg.2d3eb705e5d6dcd8ad6e4abae8a5c863.jpegMama and cubs in tree (photo the best I could get with my phone)

IMG_0585.thumb.jpeg.082dfaa2e7089d5e7a56ffdf4cc8cfaa.jpeg

IMG_0596.thumb.jpeg.5914c2bf82ed5355ae3510ac5ab7ab9c.jpeg

IMG_0589.thumb.jpeg.3d7327052b28ee47ef4e1ea73b4fb5bb.jpeg

IMG_0599.thumb.jpeg.039199fcbcc67833a27e0a0c641b74da.jpegSilex Spring

IMG_0603.mov 39.88 MB · 0 downloads  

Red Spouter

More great photos of the wildlife and scenery in Yellowstone.  I hope you have safe travels home and a wonderful Mother's Day.

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

image.png.bfc0bfe26912b64352a670bfe110022c.png

Dear Daily-ites, 

Hope this note finds you in good spirits. 

image.png.bac90cb10e86ab958b593c46fbfc6b27.png

Welcome home Rich. Thank you to Sandi for holding down the fort while you were sailing. Many thanks to our food and beverage ladies.

Sandi, I'm sorry Ren and team lost. Just need a rest up and they will be back on the winning side.

Ann, loved the mom and baby animals! 

Thank you for posting pictures of your moms. I don't have a rosey thought of my mom as she took off for parts unknown when I was a young teenager. 

Terry I'm so happy Tana walked a bit with her walker. 

Graham, the poem on the dog was heartbreaking. If I weren't a caregiver to my sweet husband I would rescue several of them. For now we take care of of neighbors little dog while they travel. Sometimes we take her for the day if they go on a long hike. Poor little girl has to have her remaining teeth out tomorrow as one is abscessed and it's the last time the vet recommends having her put to sleep to pull the teeth. 

Some good news to report:

Our friends are coming down from Green Valley to visit in a few weeks.

My sister may take one of our cruise segments with us in Dec. She's hoping to join us on the Panama Canal segment. 

We bought a set of recliners and they were delivered yesterday. Much more comfortable for my sweet husband. Giving the other pair to our landscaper Claudio. His church always has a list of needs.

I finished all of my flower planting! 

And drum roll... so far the armadillo have not dug in our yard in at least 5 days straight. They moved over to the neighbors and they are trying the moth ball method too.

Tonight I am making beef vegetable soup with left over pot roast, but Debbie's recipes sure look good.

Wishing everyone a wonderful,  peaceful,  blessed Sunday.

Missing socks.

image.png.f2d0ae9c6b4d45a7de20594939561c14.png

image.png.0429fd6fb5b6012aad005355823d6e0d.png

Joy, sorry to hear about your Mom.  That's very sad.  But seems like you have some good news to report this week, and that's a good thing.  That armadillo won't know where to go next, will he?  Glad to hear your friends will be coming down to visit soon, and your DS is planning on coming along on part of your cruise later this year.  Fun!

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I remember lots of smiles and giggles from everyone doing the chicken dance at weddings.  We aren't dog people, but know how wonderful it is to bond with any furry creature.  Wish we had Decency Day every day - we do on the Daily, but not so much elsewhere.

A beautiful day ahead for us; right now the skies are clear and just a hint of breeze, with a predicted high of +26C (78F).  The first thing I did notice this morning is the distinct smell of smoke in the air from the wildfires in Alberta.  Prayers going out to all who are affected, and especially to those helping fight the fires.

We had a lovely evening yesterday; our young Ukrainian family came over and brought along a friend of the husband, who we met at their home.  The 6 of us enjoyed dinner and conversation on the deck for nearly 4 hours.  The little girl (Margo) really liked the back yard especially the rocks around the fountain - apparently she loves rocks, so of course DH had to find a couple of special ones for her to take home.   She found the garden chimes and rang them so much that it sounded like we were in a church!  LOL  I just think it's so wonderful that our paths crossed when they did, and that they've chosen to become a part of our lives.  

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is in the role of being a mother - that isn't a role exclusive to women, it includes men as well.  Mothering is caring for, guiding, and protecting children, and you are to be commended for it.  Wishing all mothers, whether to human or furbabies a very Happy Mother's Day.

I will give today's drink a pass (Bourbon, ugh), thought the wine would be very expensive, but quite surprised it's in my price range, and would really like today's menu suggestion.  I'm going to definitely tuck the recipe away for another time because we've been invited over to DH's daughter's house for dinner tonight.  She gave me the choice between barbecue ribs or Greek ribs - I've chosen Greek.  I don't know what else will accompany the ribs, but whatever it is, I'm sure it will be delicious, as she's a very good cook.  We'll be enjoying dinner and conversation around her dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

I'm happy to hear how well the dinner went and that you all enjoy each other's company. Bless you for befriending the Ukrainian family!

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Nice family photos today Lenda.  You look so cute in your coat and matching bonnet.  By the way, while I was outside this morning neighbor Linda walked by with her new dog.  She said she was doing great when I inquired.  I asked about the dog and she said she had rescued her recently, that she was 4 years old and her name had been Hazel May.  Linda didn't care for Hazel so she calls her Hazey May!  I remarked that she resembled a dachsund and she told me she was a dachsund mix.  Her face and ears looked just like a dachsund.  Anyway, I thought of you and your dachsunds while talking with her.  Linda has never owned a small dog before but agreed this one would be easier to handle.  I'm glad I was out there when she happened by.

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been to Nanortalik twice.  The first time was on the Tahitian Princess in 2009, and the second was on the Prinsendam in 2017.  The first time the weather was clear and sunny, but on the Prinsendam there were low clouds and some rain.  It should be easy to tell which cruise the pictures were taken on just by looking at the weather.

This was the village from the ship or the tender.

IMG_6124.thumb.JPG.cfd0b4dbba4e5a54f3a9877e69be4306.JPG

A few pictures as we walked around.  The buildings in the third picture are part of their museum where you can go through various buildings and can climb to the view platform by the flagpole.  There are stairs on the far side of the big rock.  Their museum was interesting and showed how they lived.

DSC09539.thumb.JPG.6f97588bd87d4f4f54a58155b7b07f1a.JPG

IMG_6128.thumb.JPG.9ad781efc49772eb7bad203b347f347c.JPG

IMG_6132.thumb.JPG.b55845773eff9e5f0a06b666c79f3dec.JPG
IMG_6135.thumb.JPG.090752ec642e69ce6db202c5198baf81.JPG

A carving representing a whale.

IMG_6136.thumb.JPG.2c0b4e70640b74f8203da43120a461d4.JPG

Some overall pictures of the village and area.

DSC09597.thumb.JPG.f68106239cf4c8fe088f6e020a43f760.JPG

DSC09598.thumb.JPG.7cacfffd5d25aa2a05dfcfeecf421a1b.JPGIMG_6141.thumb.JPG.6cb47fdd19fdd84a43967aa2cdd3fd81.JPG

A call to a tender port would not be complete without a picture of the Elegant Explorer at anchor.

DSC09592.thumb.JPG.b7fa0ad0cde5ce209680aaf5d44c962c.JPG

Lenda

Thanks so much for showing us your photos of Nanortalik.  Looks like lots of the ports I've seen in Greenland so far, and I know I will enjoy our stop there in August.

@RedneckBob I've lost your post from this morning showing the Maasdam in Nanortalik by the iceberg.  Thanks for that photo, and it will be fun watching for icebergs on our cruise.

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Paul, that is a very pretty picture of your Mother.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Thanks all for being here. Mother’s Day is always a tough day for me. Love seeing your pictures. My grandparents all died before we were born, I’m the youngest. I raised 2 stepsons, one keeps is touch a couple times a year. My relationship with my mom was difficult but we did the best we could together… she’s the one who took me traveling!  She died at 90 21 yrs ago.  I’m very blessed with my very loving DH and his family, children and grandchildren!  I am grateful for life from my parents, grateful for my siblings and their children, and my life is filled with love! 

I’ve followed most of the Lewis and Clark trail, and where Lewis died on the Natchez Trace. 

Blessings to all in need, and to those celebrating. 

Love hearing about Ren, and Margo!  

Hoping all those who are struggling get a break!  

Maureen

Thanks Maureen!  As a Grandma I love talking about dear Ren too.  What a sweetheart he is.  I heard from a granddaughter today.  I told her if she likes, she may have my china when she marries next year.  I sent her a photo of the pattern, and told her no pressure.  But she loves the simple pattern and said she would like to have china owned by family.  So I will give it to her.  She will have to let me know when she's ready for it.  I have a lot of accessory pieces too so she may want to get a cabinet to keep it all in.  

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Happy Mother’s Day to all who mother! A very important job. My mom passed away quite suddenly a week after her 60th birthday, 33 years ago. I miss her every day and even more when my father, 93, gets really cantankerous!  On the other hand we had a great afternoon and a bbq with our daughters and half the grandchildren. One dgd had to work and the other one had her nursing faculty spring fling. But we see them on a regular basis so all good. Nothing better than having them all close.

yesterday was a red letter day. I have been looking for a new bike, a step through bike for easy access. I refuse to pay $1000 or more so have been looking on Facebook marketplace etc. as it happened there was a garage sale on our dd’s street yesterday and low and behold a step thru bike for sale. Almost brand new being sold by an 85+ neighbour since he has vertigo and can’t ride. I grabbed it for $350 and took it out for a ride this morning. Very happy. Much lighter than the old bike I was using. Already have a possible taker for the old one. We have some cooler days coming up so a good time to get back in the riding habit.

have a great day everyone.

764A4811-2C42-4D97-830F-C1DE025E04B1.jpeg

Looks like you got a very nice bike for a good price!  It's good for exercise, too.  Sorry to hear about losing your Mom 33 years ago.  Hope you have a nice Mother's Day.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

The ship in a low cloud

Beautiful photos of Nanortalik Ann!  Thank you so much!  That's quite a story about your Mother.  In my family if you don't really know how to describe someone we just say they are "unique".  😉

Edited by StLouisCruisers
change font size!
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've just finished eating lunch and have been resting up a bit reading Cruise Critic this morning.  Time to get busy on that photo book.  The reason I rested was I spent some time outside in the heat and humidity raking up some areas of the yard that looked poorly due to thatch and small leaves left by the landscaping people last fall.  I got some old acorn debris up too.  Everyone's grass looks pretty inferior this year and I'm wondering if the company that sprays fertilizer on our properties really did a good job or not.  Sweat was just dripping down my face.  Anyway, had to shower and cool down afterwards and just sat on the sofa reading and watching TV.  After I finish here I promise to get started on Manaus!

Thank you Graham.  I'm glad to see others posting their photos too.

Thank you for posting that Graham.  It made me so sad though and it's a hard thing to think about.😥

It's good to hear from you.  That really is nice of @POA1 to ask you to stay with them after your WC.  What a view, eh?  It was fun hearing how Callie and Leo reacted to you being back.  Cats are funny!🐈

I'm sad to hear you are having more problems with your stomach issues.  Hoping you're feeling good enough to enjoy your dinner out with your friend and his Mom.  And thanks for the nice comment about Mom's photo.  She had her hands full with 4 children and a family of 6 in a tiny apartment.  Thankfully we moved to the suburbs the following year with room to spread out.

Ann, great photos of baby animals with their Moms.  All are darling.

Thank you Roy.  I got a text this morning that they were heading out for the day to Charlottesville, Virginia for Mother's Day.  I hope the weather is nice there too.  DDIL got her undergraduate degree from UVA in Charlottesville.  So either she wanted to just go back for a visit for old time's sake, or to see an old friend there, or perhaps Ren wanted to see the University.  Whatever they do I'm sure it will be fun.

I think I would choose #3.  But that's not what DH is fixing me for dinner tonight.  Anyway, you and Sue have really been busy.  I'm sure the deck and the back yard look much better now.  Enjoy your time relaxing today.  And your photo with your Mother is so sweet.  Thank you for sharing!

Oh boy, it's getting closer!  The weeks do go by so quickly.  

Your catered meal from Olive Garden sounds very good.  I hope you and your family have a wonderful time together.  

Jacqui your Mom looks so elegant in her beautiful dress.  Women really dressed nicely in those days.  Men, too, with their hats and suits.  Love the memes again today.  I hope you and Ivan are having lots of fun playing fetch.  As for Ren and the Jags, you can't win them all.  Wish you could but you can't!  They will do their best tomorrow when they play again.

Thank you for sharing your Nanortalik photos!  It looks like someplace I'll enjoy walking around.  I just hope we don't have bad weather and can get in there.

Nancy, what a nice photo of your Mom on her way to the UP (upper peninsula) to their cabin.  And wow, that's a lot of plants!  Nice looking too.  Are they all volunteers from various yards?  I really hope your problems at your cabin are easily fixed.  I know you're anxious to get up there.  Keep us updated.

Tina, thanks for the eaglets photos.  More cute babies.  Nice photo of your Mom expecting you.  My older sis told me our Mom should have known she was having twins just by the size of her tummy.  She could sit a plate on it!

What a beautiful sky for that sunrise.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Wonderful family photos today Terry!  Brings back nice memories, I'm sure.

Vanessa, what a sweet photo of your Mom and you.  They really liked to pose by the cars back then, at least my folks did.  I'm sorry to hear you've been without her here on Earth for 30 years already.  But she is still in your heart.  

More great photos of the wildlife and scenery in Yellowstone.  I hope you have safe travels home and a wonderful Mother's Day.

Joy, sorry to hear about your Mom.  That's very sad.  But seems like you have some good news to report this week, and that's a good thing.  That armadillo won't know where to go next, will he?  Glad to hear your friends will be coming down to visit soon, and your DS is planning on coming along on part of your cruise later this year.  Fun!

I'm happy to hear how well the dinner went and that you all enjoy each other's company. Bless you for befriending the Ukrainian family!

Nice family photos today Lenda.  You look so cute in your coat and matching bonnet.  By the way, while I was outside this morning neighbor Linda walked by with her new dog.  She said she was doing great when I inquired.  I asked about the dog and she said she had rescued her recently, that she was 4 years old and her name had been Hazel May.  Linda didn't care for Hazel so she calls her Hazey May!  I remarked that she resembled a dachsund and she told me she was a dachsund mix.  Her face and ears looked just like a dachsund.  Anyway, I thought of you and your dachsunds while talking with her.  Linda has never owned a small dog before but agreed this one would be easier to handle.  I'm glad I was out there when she happened by.

Thanks so much for showing us your photos of Nanortalik.  Looks like lots of the ports I've seen in Greenland so far, and I know I will enjoy our stop there in August.

@RedneckBob I've lost your post from this morning showing the Maasdam in Nanortalik by the iceberg.  Thanks for that photo, and it will be fun watching for icebergs on our cruise.

Paul, that is a very pretty picture of your Mother.  Thank you!

Thanks Maureen!  As a Grandma I love talking about dear Ren too.  What a sweetheart he is.  I heard from a granddaughter today.  I told her if she likes, she may have my china when she marries next year.  I sent her a photo of the pattern, and told her no pressure.  But she loves the simple pattern and said she would like to have china owned by family.  So I will give it to her.  She will have to let me know when she's ready for it.  I have a lot of accessory pieces too so she may want to get a cabinet to keep it all in.  

Looks like you got a very nice bike for a good price!  It's good for exercise, too.  Sorry to hear about losing your Mom 33 years ago.  Hope you have a nice Mother's Day.

Beautiful photos of Nanortalik Ann!  Thank you so much!  That's quite a story about your Mother.  In my family if you don't really know how to describe someone we just say they are "unique".  😉

Holy cow, Sandi.  I think you just set a record on multi- quotes.  I think there were 25 there.  Impressive and admittedly, not something I think I would attempt.  I’d lose half of them before I was done 😂 

Seriously - I’m in awe.  Well done 👍 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Holy cow, Sandi.  I think you just set a record on multi- quotes.  I think there were 25 there.  Impressive and admittedly, not something I think I would attempt.  I’d lose half of them before I was done 😂 

Seriously - I’m in awe.  Well done 👍 

Do I get a prize?? 😁  I know it took at least an hour to do all that.  By the time I'd finished there were about 8 more posts, but I really must work on Manaus now...I'm so behind on the rest of CC but it can't be helped.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Do I get a prize?? 😁  I know it took at least an hour to do all that.  By the time I'd finished there were about 8 more posts, but I really must work on Manaus now...I'm so behind on the rest of CC but it can't be helped.

You certainly deserve a prize 👍. If you were on one of my cruises, you’d sure get one.  It takes me ages to multi quote a max of 8 so I totally get the hour.

Well done, seriously and thanks for your thoughtfulness in keeping the thread from getting unwieldy. Good luck with Manaus.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1