The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 24th, 2023

richwmn

Got to talk to Brenda a while ago.  They don't know how long before they get this problem straightened out but will leave again for their trip at that time.  Could be a few days or a week.  They have Calgary Stampede tickets reserved followed by their cruise on Volendam July 19 from Vancouver.  They also have a church reunion in the Dakotas at one point.  Anything else they can switch around.  The problem with the motorhome seems to be a bouncy feeling over the rear of the vehicle and they haven't been able to solve the issue yet.  Brenda said I'm not going 10,000 miles with that happening!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser we plan on only having one travel day, tomorrow, and arriving by dinner tomorrow night so that will be all the coverage I need this week.  Currently we plan to drive home on Tuesday but will let you know by Monday for sure.  Thank you!

DS tells me his cousin Lisa (my niece/goddaughter and Grandma to Elliott Rose) plans on flying up tomorrow afternoon and back to St. Louis Saturday so she can attend the graduation ceremony.  She feels very close to DS and his family, more like a brother to her she says.  I haven't seen her in quite a while, possibly at DMIL's funeral 18 months ago so this will be nice.

• Like 19

49 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

wait times can be extremely long.

Right after posting I dialed again, and held (on speakerphone) for 33 minutes. A live human then got the information, asked me to hold again, came back after 10+ minutes, and asked me to hold again.

I expect that I'll eventually be asked to mail in a copy of my W-2, so why don't they just say that?

Later: nope, they want me to take a copy of my W-2 to the local office.

Edited by kochleffel
update
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon.  As usual, our weather has changed.  It is now mostly sunny and 82F, and our rain chances have dropped to almost nothing.  It was a busy morning getting the storage cabinets in the port empty so I can move them and pressure wash the rest of the house and the concrete in the port.  DH and I also went through two cardboard boxes (not wine) that had seen better days.  DH threw a fair amount of stuff out, and we got everything left in three smaller plastic containers that stack.  

Unless our weather changes again, most of tomorrow will be spent washing a motorhome and washing the house after moving all the vehicles out of the port.  Our driveway will look like a used car lot..  The concrete will take another day, then part of a day to put things back in place.  It will be worth it in the end, at least for a while.

I was sorry to learn that Tina Turner had died. RIP

4 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Sasha always wore her tiara for royal weddings and the like. I haven't eaten escargot and probably won't. I have a friend whom I think of as my brother although we aren't related.

Roasted cabbage would be OK but is it supposed to be a main course? The drink would also be OK, not that I have the ingredients, and I might like the wine. I haven't been to Morocco but you could have guessed that.

I've been sleeping better but I'm still a bit tired. Eventually I have to call the Social Security Administration because of an error in my earnings record. I think I can retrieve my form W-2 for that year if it's needed.

EmpireStateBldg.png.b48eb027cab0b0df37423be0935c9719.png

Paul, I'm glad you are sleeping better.  It will take time though to get over being tired.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Just popping in. I haven’t caught up for several days. This head cold/sinus issue has laid me low for a few days. I mainly lay on the sofa. I finally started doing a little, and today think I’m finally getting rid of this illness. I need my ears to unclog before flying on Sunday.

Prayers for @dfish and @superoma.

@Heartgrove Happy Birthday!

Prayers for all in need and Cheers for those with something to Celebrate.

Vanessa, I'm glad you are finally get over your illness.  I hope your ears unclog before Sunday.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Afternoon Dailyites!  Woke to no power this morning, no power meant no coffee, no coffee means instant brain fuzz.  

Smog in Atlanta is actually the smoke from Canada's fires.  My prayers to you all up north.

Once power came on, I sent one email, and got in touch with my bosses so that I can get back to work..  One boss has hours and one boss is giving me two hours for this week, and then that account closes for 3 weeks.  I'm back on the auction block, looking for work again.

hugs to you all.  

Annie, I hope you get more hours selling, not fund raising, soon.  Sorry you have some of the smoke from Canada.  A few nights this week, I smelled smoke that smelled like wet smoke.  I'm not sure if it was from the fires up north, or from someone nearby burning trash after they thought everyone had gone to bed.

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Matched set finally!

IMG_3076.jpeg

👏 🎆 🥂🍾  Terri, that was nice of them to give you money and a cookbook for your having to wait so long for the dryer.

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Got to talk to Brenda a while ago.  They don't know how long before they get this problem straightened out but will leave again for their trip at that time.  Could be a few days or a week.  They have Calgary Stampede tickets reserved followed by their cruise on Volendam July 19 from Vancouver.  They also have a church reunion in the Dakotas at one point.  Anything else they can switch around.  The problem with the motorhome seems to be a bouncy feeling over the rear of the vehicle and they haven't been able to solve the issue yet.  Brenda said I'm not going 10,000 miles with that happening!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser we plan on only having one travel day, tomorrow, and arriving by dinner tomorrow night so that will be all the coverage I need this week.  Currently we plan to drive home on Tuesday but will let you know by Monday for sure.  Thank you!

DS tells me his cousin Lisa (my niece/goddaughter and Grandma to Elliott Rose) plans on flying up tomorrow afternoon and back to St. Louis Saturday so she can attend the graduation ceremony.  She feels very close to DS and his family, more like a brother to her she says.  I haven't seen her in quite a while, possibly at DMIL's funeral 18 months ago so this will be nice.

Sandi, I'll take care of Thursday and Tuesday or when ever.  Thursday will be a long day for you both.  Safe travels. Just let me know if it will be Tuesday or later.  

6 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Right after posting I dialed again, and held (on speakerphone) for 33 minutes. A live human then got the information, asked me to hold again, came back after 10+ minutes, and asked me to hold again.

I expect that I'll eventually be asked to mail in a copy of my W-2, so why don't they just say that?

Paul, at least you are making progress.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@kazu I think you outdid yourself yesterday with all your plants - too bad Ivan couldn't dig the holes for you.  LOL

Oh that’s one thing I DON”T want Ivan to learn 😉. They are bound to be holes I don’t want 😬 

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu  Jacqui, I'll add "and maybe wine" to the last meme.  

I’ll second that 😉 🥂 

@Heartgrove a very happy birthday to you 🙂 

IMG_9960.gif.52dd8997a2891bc8dd81545e03967fa9.gif

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

News crawl came across my phone: Tina Turner had passed at age 83. RIP

I saw that a short while ago.  Truly an admirable woman who overcame so much adversity.  She is to be admired and remembered not just for her iconic voice but as an example to all women.  So sorry to hear of her passing 😔 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, the dryer came an hour earlier than expected.  Glad it is done.  They also gave me $50 for all the trouble.  Now that is a store I will return to in the future.  Also gave me a $35 cookbook that I did not ask for.

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Matched set finally!

IMG_3076.jpeg

Yay! 👏 They look great. 🙂 

• Like 14

Good evening, time for a quick check-in.

I just heard from @dfish who said her surgery went well and as she thought, her doctor is keeping her overnight.  Great news that it went well, and I’m sure she’s happy it’s over. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 15

10 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I just heard from @dfish who said her surgery went well and as she thought, her doctor is keeping her overnight.  Great news that it went well, and I’m sure she’s happy it’s over. 

Great news!

Roy

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

as she thought, her doctor is keeping her overnight

I thought that was likely, if not specifically as a caution, because of pain medication by IV. When I was being discharged after surgery on my arm, the resident was trying to speed up the discharge, but the nurse was trying to slow it down, because I needed to receive one more dose of medication that could only be administered IV and it wasn't time for it yet.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Thank you, Gerry!

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Gerry, thank you letting us know that Debbie's surgery went well.  I hope she has a comfortable night.

Lenda

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good news thanks for letting us know.

• Like 8

Every time I think we have time to just sit and watch the tube, DH is up doing something.  We still have to finish watching the F1 race info from Miami, and that was the week we left.   

I have someone who wants me to work for them, but it's a month out.  I can rejoin the senior center, or finally get to work on the backyard and clean up all the shrubbery I hate. Right now, I think the shrubbery will win. And I can cook again....The recipe for the cabbage with the Dijon onion sauce looked so good, I printed it out, and immediately filed it in my Lincoln Center folder....

During the month of April our company listened in to our sales calls. Today I found out that for Hollywood Bowl I came in third for best sales agent out of 40.  For this esteemed award, I get 20 bucks before taxes....I'm still proud though.  I can sell, I just cant ask for money without giving something in return. I can get you the best seats for the price you want to pay, I can google the performers and find out if it is your musical choice, I can tell you how to do an exchange without fees, but I cant ask people most of all those who struggled through Covid without a job, to fork over the bucks so that someone can pay less than what the actual cost is.  Trust me, the people who pay what they can are grateful, but even 10 bucks is too much to ask for.  So I may just wait until I can get back into sales.

Tonight I had a confrontation with a raccoon.  My house sitters, it turned out, had filled a container with kitty crunchies and put it on top of a locker in the car port.  Darn raccoon got up there and knocked it over and was trying to drag it off into the yard.  I went out and picked it up and put it in the house, and the little bugger chased me into the house, I threw myself in the door, and watched as he cursed me in raccoon talk.

@superoma I'm sending hugs.

@dfishIf you wake up in the night and get bored and start reading CC, sending you well wishes.

@kazuI am so glad that you and Ivan worked out!  

I am feeling better, but I am very tired, and still coughing up fur balls. So virtual hugs to all!

@RMLincoln-@Crew News was reporting what the captain was saying, being a smoker and having the Environmental Officer being a smoker, we learned later that night of the storm, that we were listing at 12 degrees  and had wind up to 90kph before the captain placed the ship in a type of inlet to get us out of the wind.  Bless that captain, as another smoker and I had to be rescued by the bar staff to get back into the ship.  They shut down the elevators, so I walked down 5 flights sideways, and then they closed the kitchens.  OMG!  Whatever should we do, well I had an apple, Dan came up to our cabin, we split the apple, ate junk food, and did not starve....and still had dinner at 7:30.  

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 12