Royal Caribbean Coconut Cookies

My daughter and I just finished our first RCCL cruise and we loved it. We weren't sure how it would compare to Princess (our usual cruise line) but we would be happy to sail with them again. Among many other things we liked, they had super yummy coconut cookies that we enjoyed daily (sometimes more than once ok maybe even more than twice a day!)

Today I said to her in a very sad news reporting somber voice "today is day 4 of no coconut cookies".  Then I said "maybe we should just book another cruise right now" and her response was "that's a good plan but if they don't have the cookies on every cruise is there even any point?" Clearly we were just being silly and somewhat overdramatic about the cookies but it prompted me to ask - is there always coconut cookies in the Cafe Promenade??!!!!

Edited by dizzyr
typo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dizzyr said:

My daughter and I just finished our first RCCL cruise and we loved it. We weren't sure how it would compare to Princess (our usual cruise line) but we would be happy to sail with them again. Among many other things we liked, they had super yummy coconut cookies that we enjoyed daily (sometimes more than once ok maybe even more than twice a day!)

Today I said to her in a very sad news reporting somber voice "today is day 4 of no coconut cookies".  Then I said "maybe we should just book another cruise right now" and her response was "that's a good plan but if they don't have the cookies on every cruise is there even any point?" Clearly we were just being silly and somewhat overdramatic about the cookies but it prompted me to ask - is there always coconut cookies in the Cafe Promenade??!!!!

The coconut ranger cookies are available on all the ships and mostly everyday.  There can be days that they rotate a different cookie into the mix.

41 minutes ago, dizzyr said:

Today I said to her in a very sad news reporting somber voice "today is day 4 of no coconut cookies". 

You can make them at home.

Royal Caribbean’s Coconut Ranger Cookies

Start to finish: 22 minutes (10 minutes active)

Servings: 24 cookies

Ingredients:

·        600 grams all-purpose flour

·        1/2 teaspoon baking soda

·        500 grams unsalted butter, softened

·        500 grams brown sugar

·        80 grams dried coconut, shredded

·        100 milliliters coconut milk

·        6 eggs

·        1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

·        Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C).

·        In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.

·        In another bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until smooth.

·        Beat in eggs one by one until well blended.

·        Mix in the coconut milk and vanilla extract.

·        Fold in dry mixture of flour and baking soda, and then the dried coconut until evenly distributed throughout the batter.

·        Using an ice-cream scoop or 1/4-cup measure, scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet and shape into a circular shape.

·        Bake until slightly puffed but barely colored, 9-12 minutes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

They absolutely are delicious .. and i ate more of them on my last Mariner cruise than I wanna admit.     I'd love to be able to bake something similar.    I know these have to be mass produced by some major Sysco-type distributor ...  i gotta try this recipe above !

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You can make them at home.

Royal Caribbean’s Coconut Ranger Cookies

Start to finish: 22 minutes (10 minutes active)

Servings: 24 cookies

Ingredients:

·        600 grams all-purpose flour

·        1/2 teaspoon baking soda

·        500 grams unsalted butter, softened

·        500 grams brown sugar

·        80 grams dried coconut, shredded

·        100 milliliters coconut milk

·        6 eggs

·        1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

·        Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C).

·        In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.

·        In another bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until smooth.

·        Beat in eggs one by one until well blended.

·        Mix in the coconut milk and vanilla extract.

·        Fold in dry mixture of flour and baking soda, and then the dried coconut until evenly distributed throughout the batter.

·        Using an ice-cream scoop or 1/4-cup measure, scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet and shape into a circular shape.

·        Bake until slightly puffed but barely colored, 9-12 minutes.

Oooh thanks for this - I will try making them although I'm not sure that's a good thing!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

The coconut ranger cookies are available on all the ships and mostly everyday.  There can be days that they rotate a different cookie into the mix.

Some Ships have search for certain Flavor Cookie. Might be in WJ or different Venue. Like Ranger and the Coco w/chocolate chips. When see them I'll grab a dozen and keep them in Ziplock in my Fridge

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dizzyr said:

Oooh thanks for this - I will try making them although I'm not sure that's a good thing!!

DW will not let me make them at home, and I have to sneak them when on board.

• Haha 1

We love them.  I've made them from recipe online and they are not the same, but they are good.  DH always grabs 6-8 whenever he finds them and brings them back to our room.  They are by far the most favorite cookies onboard. 

36 minutes ago, BND said:

We love them.  I've made them from recipe online and they are not the same, but they are good.  DH always grabs 6-8 whenever he finds them and brings them back to our room.  They are by far the most favorite cookies onboard. 

My daughter just made them and they are good but I agree they aren’t the same. Very different texture - still tasty though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

With the rollout of new menu cookies are rare in the WJ and you can not ask for them anymore...

They had them in the Windjammer and and the cafe everyday on Liberty a couple of weeks ago. The mudslide cookies are also very good.

5 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

With the rollout of new menu cookies are rare in the WJ and you can not ask for them anymore...

There are cookies everyday in the WJ, but usually only one or two varieties.  Also, Park Cafe/Promenade Cafe have cookies (same ones WJ has each day).  It's why my DH grabs several when he finds Ranger ones.  

15 hours ago, F27TW said:

produced by some major Sysco-type distributor

Not even....made fresh every day right on board.  Take a galley tour, they are fascinating.  They took us to the proofing room where ALL the baked goods are made and the rolls are proofed.  Many folks swear they are frozen...not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

They were sparse on Odyssey but I found them every day in 270 cafe.  YUM

11 hours ago, BND said:

There have been several online recipes that attempted to "reverse engineer" the RCL Ranger Cookie recipe, and we have tried a few of them - and some of them came close, but not quite there. The one that I posted came directly from RCL (it was published in one of their online newsletters), and I really liked the results (even though DW won't let me make them anymore😞)

Edited by orville99

3 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

They had them in the Windjammer and and the cafe everyday on Liberty a couple of weeks ago. The mudslide cookies are also very good.

Ooooo! I must find and try the mudslide cookies!!  I have 3 upcoming cruises so hopefully on one of them I will be able to try them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

My absolute favorite is the white chocolate, cranberry, macadamia cookies….. I hardly ever see them anymore. I check every day. I guess they’re too expensive 😕

Now they sound yum, yummy.

• Like 1