The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 23rd, 202

richwmn

@Oceansaway17 do you drive I-95 through Philadelphia to get to Bayonne?

I always thought P&O was almost trying to discourage Americans from booking but it looks like that is changing.  It looks like they are a lot more friendly to the idea but it's apparently based on a partnership that I can't mention on Cruise Critic.

Roy

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, dfish said:

@richwmn Could you shoot me an email, please?

I just tried and the message was refused with " the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail. "

Just email me (screen name at gmail)

• Like 5

Happy Birthday, Roy! And thanks to @ottahand7 for sharing her fix-up of her toe. We are enjoying a sunny weekend in Seattle after rather cool, grumpy days on Whidbey Island last week. DD and I made a quick IKEA trip this morning & will set up tomorrow for Sunday’s (postponed from last weekend due to cool weather) birthday party for 6 year old DGD. Tonight we will make stuffed bell peppers - thanks for the pepper suggestions on The Daily earlier in the week. Happy summer days to Daily-ites!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good Late Friday Afternoon Dailyites!  Lets face it, I have got to do something to my CC pages, as they keep crashing.  error not enough memory.  Well I dont have that either, but i dont fall over....I just look at you with a blank stare.

I went to the docs today. ( I have golfers elbow) I explained the pain. she poked and prodded, and left me in more pain that when I got there, but turns out my muscles got weak, and i somehow pinched a nerve in the back of my elbow, which shoots pain, up and down and up to my shoulder.  The shoulder got mad at being tweekes so much, it got inflamed and the muscle locked up.

@RMLincoln you were correct, it is inflammation.I get to start taking an anti inflammatory drug with my breakfast ( and right now, they will not be available until tomorrow,) and a muscle relaxer for bed time. (again not ready until tomorrow, which means I cant start taking them until Sunday. ) For one week, apparently these are not good drugs for a person with an addictive personality.  She does not want to put me on steroids as that would shoot my blood sugar into hospital stay, and she wants me to get a physical therapist to get me going again.  I'm such a marshmallow now, that she said I couldn't even go back to the senior center until a therapist is done with me. 

An injury caused by repetitive use of the elbow-I dont golf, thinking being on the computer 10 hours a day.

I tried for two hours to read page one of today, and couldn't.   Hoping this post works.

Other than the pain, my NY campaign ends at the end of next week, the California campaign i was hoping for,  might not happen, as the CTG is having financial problems in a theatrical way.  Right now that will leave me working two campaigns, which total 30 hours a week, and that will last til the mid July, so I'm OK.  For 4 weeks.

sport-cat-food_chain-golf_jargon-golfers

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

@marshhawk I hope the meds and PT give you relief. I can empathize, as my problem with stairs and getting in the car is thought not to primarily be my knees, but very weak quads and hip flexors. So I'm a marshmallow too! How is DH's DM Norma doing?

• Like 11

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

I just tried and the message was refused with " the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail. "

Just email me (screen name at gmail)

I forgot you had the old email.  Spectrum suddenly decided I couldn't use that email and trashed it this spring.  Along with the email went all my contacts, so I lost your email as well.  You have the new email now.

• Like 5

@JazzyV Momma Norma was sent home yesterday,  and DH is being very weird.  He fixed the leaking sinks that I have been begging to have fixed for a year. I asked him if he was planning to go out to Arkansas to be with Mom and he said he was thinking about going, but when he decides, he will do so without checking with me.  Guess I should give him his appointment schedule.😸.

He can take his computer and work out there, so it might be a nice time to visit with Momma.

Well, I still cant read page 1, so i am going to do Chuck's litter box chore for him, and sit on something softer than this chair at the computer.

@ger_77I have a cruise booked for 23 and 24 with Carnival, if you are willing to come over to the "other side" and party Annie style....play in the water park, sit in the shade, and eat a lot. (hint...hint)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just booked a cruise. Third time on NCL Bliss, 15th time to Mexican Riviera. Probably won’t go into any ports. Just going to enjoy the ship (love the specialty restaurants! 😋) and being with friends. 🙂 506 days to go!  

• Like 12

9 hours ago, 0106 said:

…..You may have me confused with @Nickelpenny who is currently in Denver driving home from her cruise.  I just drove from Northern Neck, VA to Baltimore, MD.

🤦🏼‍♀️.  I’m so sorry!  I really did miss something!  I’m not far from Baltimore… just south of MD 200. Loved your picture of the windy water!  M—

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Just booked a cruise. Third time on NCL Bliss, 15th time to Mexican Riviera. Probably won’t go into any ports. Just going to enjoy the ship (love the specialty restaurants! 😋) and being with friends. 🙂 506 days to go!  

The Bliss is my favorite NCL ship!

Good for you, I am jealous. 😊

• Like 5