How can they improve the Yacht Club?

sverigecruiser

The Yacht Club is already excellent but does anyone has any idea how they can make it even better? I mean realistic things, not things like helicopter transfer from the ship to the airport!

I think that a special YC elevator not only within the YC-decks but to all decks should be nice.

A special taxiline when disembarking should be great too! I understand if MSC can't decide that but it should be nice. Maybe embarking YC passengers could use a special lane to get directly to the tent with the taxi and there they could let disembarking passengers take the taxi from the port. What a great perk!

Any suggestions? What should you appreciate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, portofrome said:

I would like "adult only".

Never will happen.... Best chance would be if they limit 2 to Cabin...but that impacts $$ or causes a higher price. Realistically they could put a age limit (i.e. 12 and over)

1 hour ago, portofrome said:

I would like "adult only".

That’s a good idea.  They should make the cruises that are outside school vacations Adults Only.  That would give everyone better choices while still allowing parents to bring the kids during school breaks.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

That’s a good idea.  They should make the cruises that are outside school vacations Adults Only.  That would give everyone better choices while still allowing parents to bring the kids during school breaks.  

Never going to happen, MSC is all about families, but by the time you've covered all the different school vacations across their various markets you are not going to have a lot of blocked days left...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alyssamma said:

I've never really had a problem with kids in the YC. They've all been well behaved.

Have I just been lucky?

No, that's the experience we've had as well. That said, it's always been very few to begin with because we only sail when schools are in session. 

• Like 1

Re: adults-only. We love cruising as a family especially in "ship-within-a-ship" suites. Not having an "adults only" space can certainly be frustrating especially when the little ones take over the pools or are screaming at the top of their lungs during meals. I don't think MSC has an adults-only retreat like NCL's Vibe, so again, I understand this complaint. 

We generally contend with more adults behaving badly than children. My kiddo is not perfectly behaved, but we keep our hands on his collar and haul him back to the stateroom should he get rowdy - but that is good parenting vs poor "kid-ding". We've been to >20 countries on cruises and as a 14 yo he's had cooler experiences than adults three times his age. Wouldn't trade those memories for anything. 

As for things to improve otherwise? Does anyone really eat plates of picked onions as lounge snacks? 😉

Warmest, Amy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

I've never really had a problem with kids in the YC. They've all been well behaved.

Have I just been lucky?

We had a YC cruise where the kids were a bit challenging and the parents weren’t parenting!  Kids would grab things from the snack area, take it to their table in Top Sail and then take things back once they decided it wasn’t what they wanted. 

Later playing tag on pool deck, hiding behind occupied deck chairs, etc. Moved on to a dance party with music playing from their iPad. I felt sorry for the staff, they said things to the parents whose response was that it’s vacation, they want the kids to have fun. Not sure what you do with that remark. 

luckily that was just one trip. Other trips have been perfect. We travel during times we think less likely to have families, October, early December, February but have always had some kids in YC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Since we get the thermal spa....maybe one of the services included (or a discount for a service).

How about umbrellas on the pool deck tables.

I absolutely agree about the umbrellas. Included spaservices doesn't interest me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amygutman said:

Re: adults-only. We love cruising as a family especially in "ship-within-a-ship" suites. Not having an "adults only" space can certainly be frustrating especially when the little ones take over the pools or are screaming at the top of their lungs during meals. I don't think MSC has an adults-only retreat like NCL's Vibe, so again, I understand this complaint. 

We generally contend with more adults behaving badly than children. My kiddo is not perfectly behaved, but we keep our hands on his collar and haul him back to the stateroom should he get rowdy - but that is good parenting vs poor "kid-ding". We've been to >20 countries on cruises and as a 14 yo he's had cooler experiences than adults three times his age. Wouldn't trade those memories for anything. 

As for things to improve otherwise? Does anyone really eat plates of picked onions as lounge snacks? 😉

Warmest, Amy

I think maybe on the Big ships have an adults only hot tub and chairs around it or something.. so not all adults only but s section or even in newer builds a deck. 

• Like 1

1. More 2 bedroom and/or 2 bathroom options for the larger suites. 

2. Better dining options for the larger suites (either inside or on the balcony) including lunch/dinner.

3. Bring the cabanas back and lose the pergolas. 

4. More live piano/violin for the TSL. 

5. A block of specialty restaurant reservations set aside exclusively for Yacht Club guests.

6. Larger Yacht Club pool(s).

7. Improved elevator hijack. 

8. Larger Ocean Cay area (commandeer part of Bimini beach).

9. Better enforcement of Yacht Club areas (interloper prevention). 

10. Exclusive excursions. 

I'll give some more later....😁

• Like 8

Ok, other than for those shade and umbrellas request, which MSC really would need to address for the next installments, once those are relatively frequent queries, I can't realistically see what else they can improve now on the YC front. Bear in mind that port conditions is out of MSC's realistic reach, kids and family is MSC's primary market target and the other modifications have to do mostly with the way society is evolving and MSC won't go out of it, for not being out of market.

So now, and going sort of out of topic: If one asked me if there was a strong place in the market for an adults only top mainstream to baseline premium classic market target (think between NCL and Princess), I'd answer him that yes there was!... And there will be till the market is ready to address that market niche, other than for current "woke" Virgin Voyages! MSC financially would be the unique candidate ready for it... But their top leaders aren't minimally interested on that. Bambini for the Italians are the joy of the world and the salt of life! They won't remove them even from Explora Journeys, unless there is a hard call from their regulars in the next future to come!... So; for the ones whom want full adult at a relatively affordable way, my recommendation would be: Bear the woke activities of Virgin and give them a try!...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

1. More 2 bedroom and/or 2 bathroom options for the larger suites. 

2. Better dining options for the larger suites (either inside or on the balcony) including lunch/dinner.

3. Bring the cabanas back and lose the pergolas. 

4. More live piano/violin for the TSL. 

5. A block of specialty restaurant reservations set aside exclusively for Yacht Club guests.

6. Larger Yacht Club pool(s).

7. Improved elevator hijack. 

8. Larger Ocean Cay area (commandeer part of Bimini beach).

9. Better enforcement of Yacht Club areas (interloper prevention). 

10. Exclusive excursions. 

I'll give some more later....😁

@Two Wheels Only Agree wholeheartedly. The 2 bed / 2 bath family villas on NCL are, IMHO, the best configured staterooms on cruiseships. 

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mycykfamilytime said:

I think maybe on the Big ships have an adults only hot tub and chairs around it or something.. so not all adults only but s section or even in newer builds a deck. 

Not just the big ships, even Divina has an adults only pool at the back of the ship behind the YC restaurant.

1 hour ago, gmbhardy said:

Just more consistency from ship to ship.

Lol, I would LOVE this...and not just ship to ship but sailing to sailing on the same ship. Sometimes they do things differently DAILY. it's really maddening.

More shaded areas,  adults only, no smoking any where, gratuities included in the fare,   Also make sure that there are no intruders or guests of those that are in the Yacht Club.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1