booking specialty dining on night 1 and night 2 using Diamond Plus discount, how do you do it?

I was looking at booking Giovanni's for the first and second night  on the Voyager TA next May, since the DW and I are both diamond plus at the BOGO offer listed in the benefits page.  When I put it in the cart it charges me for both people.  Is this something you can only do on board?  Can you do it for both nights?  Just trying to figure out how to use this perk that we have never used in the past, even though we are about 1/2 way to Pinnacle.  

I know, you would think I would know this.  Consider me clueless.😆

thanks in advance

jc

17 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Is this something you can only do on board?  Can you do it for both nights?

I've asked about this since we turn D+ after our next cruise. Yes, it has to be booked onboard (at the full price but still worth it obviously). Most everyone has also told me you can book any nights you want, you just have to make your reservations on day one or two.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

I was looking at booking Giovanni's for the first and second night  on the Voyager TA next May, since the DW and I are both diamond plus at the BOGO offer listed in the benefits page.  When I put it in the cart it charges me for both people.  Is this something you can only do on board?  Can you do it for both nights?  Just trying to figure out how to use this perk that we have never used in the past, even though we are about 1/2 way to Pinnacle.  

I know, you would think I would know this.  Consider me clueless.😆

thanks in advance

jc

Only on board although some book and then get a refund on board but they may charge you the onboard price (higher) doing that

• Like 1

So, when you wait til you get on board is it usually sold out?  I know I have tried to book specialty dining during a cruise in the past, and been told they were sold out.  

What is everybody experience with this?  

jc

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, when you wait til you get on board is it usually sold out?  I know I have tried to book specialty dining during a cruise in the past, and been told they were sold out.  

jc

Not if you do it as soon as you board

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ken, will they let me buy two nights on the BOGO?  Do you think they will let me buy any night, or just the first two?

jc

Varies by ship as to whether they have to be used nights one and 2

You can definitely use yours for one night and DW's for night 2. 

9 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

I usually go soon after I board to one of the restaurants.  I've never had sold out issues and have always been able to make two reservations for my wife and I. 

To follow up on @OCSC Mike, I've always been able to make a reservation for nights other than 1 and 2, but I'm sure YMMV.

• Like 1

We always book for one person (me) on the first night and one person (DW) on the second night. When we get to the restaurant we simply tell the host that we are using a BOGO for the second person. Typically they will refund and then re-charge for one booked in advance. Sometimes they just zero out the second person.

If you are ever on a B2B, just go to the specialty restaurant towards the end of the first leg and make your reservations for the second leg. They won't charge you anything until the second leg actually sails.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We always book for one person (me) on the first night and one person (DW) on the second night. When we get to the restaurant we simply tell the host that we are using a BOGO for the second person. Typically they will refund and then re-charge for one booked in advance. Sometimes they just zero out the second person.

If you are ever on a B2B, just go to the specialty restaurant towards the end of the first leg and make your reservations for the second leg. They won't charge you anything until the second leg actually sails.

On B2B, do you mean we can book a reservation for the 2nd cruise using that cruises upcoming BOGOs while we’re still on the first cruise after we used those BOGOs? If so, I never knew that.

Thanks Orville that is good advice, since I am trying to plan a B2B2B.  I was wondering if they were ever going to do UDP for these sailings and the first cruise the one I would most appreciate it (15 night TA) it is not even offered.  It is offered on the next 10 night sailing at a 30% discount and then on the following 7 night at a 25% discount.  With the second two sailings being heavily port intensive, I am not sure I would appreciate the UDP on these because I know from past cruises in the Med you are often exhausted after a long day of tours.  

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk

37 minutes ago, orville99 said:

This is what we have also done. When booking in advance for one, they have cancelled and rebooked BOGO on board since all tables are for a minimum of two people. We have been recharged a current price, some people report being lucky and retaining sale price.

We also book for following B2B at the end of first sailing if required.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, orville99 said:

^^ This! 
However I have never ever had my online prepayment refunded and charged a different on board price.  I just tell them I expect a zero bill. Sometimes they are a bit “ computer says no” but they always manage it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

On B2B, do you mean we can book a reservation for the 2nd cruise using that cruises upcoming BOGOs while we’re still on the first cruise after we used those BOGOs? If so, I never knew that.

Yes, we do that on every B2B. Usually go to the restaurant towards the end of the first leg - usually on the last day - and make our reservations for the following week.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ssb said:

On recent Allure's Presidents cruise BOGOS were not not available 

Not only that but I read of some who had the UDP and ended up cancelling as they couldn't even get ANY reservations at the specialty restaurants

6 minutes ago, ssb said:

On recent Allure's Presidents cruise BOGOS were not not available 

Was this officially announced?

If there was room for someone to make a reservation how could they deny the coupon on the setsail pass?

Just now, molly361 said:

Not only that but I read of some who had the UDP and ended up cancelling as they couldn't even get ANY reservations at the specialty restaurants

Yes we were on cruise . Many high ranking C&A's causing the problem. Supply and demand . We were very fortunate and were able to celebrate wife's birthday in 150 first night with friends . . .

• Like 2

My wife and I are D+

On Jewel last month we booked the BOGO for night 2 and 12, just had to pay for both on night 2. Both slips showed two cover charges and one discounted.

On Oasis now, and booked BOGO for nights 5 and 8 and did not have to pay for either ahead of time . Last night was night 5 and the slip at Giovanni’s showed a charge for only one. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Was this officially announced?

If there was room for someone to make a reservation how could they deny the coupon on the setsail pass?

No not that we were aware of . It was even more a surprise to ones taking our reservations. Communications about anything and everything were not good on this cruise . As were evidenced by boos at Q&A  session with Michael Bailey  in full house theater .  Boos were at public relations officer from Miami not Michael Bailey .

Edited by ssb
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ssb said:

Yes we were on cruise . Many high ranking C&A's causing the problem. Supply and demand . We were very fortunate and were able to celebrate wife's birthday in 150 first night with friends . . .

Do you mean they were full, not that BOGO wasn’t allowed?

13 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Do you mean they were full, not that BOGO wasn’t allowed?

They were claiming full in almost all specialty restaurants until end of week , and BOGOS were not allowed to anyone on this cruise .  Circumstantially too much demand. The BOGO benefit was taken away for this cruise, even though the Presidents Cruise was rewarding loyalty .  RCL sucked some more money out of back pocket  . 

Edited by ssb

42 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have Hooked booked and paid for (I'm solo) for night 2 on my upcoming Wonder cruise.  Will ask when I get there if I can use my BOGO and eat at a later date in another venue.  If they say no so be it.

BOGO’s aren’t accepted at Hooked, so hopefully they will allow you to use it elsewhere later in the cruise.