WOW - $40k and no butler 😮

jelayne

Was looking at spring Europe options and came across this 12 N sailing in May on the Ascent.

Magic Carpet SS $40k, check the Iconic Suite.  Wonder how fast they will roll back these prices😂😂

IMG_0812.thumb.png.12c33972b3665e0c6418a7c682e8e47d.pngIMG_0811.thumb.png.54cdb594a81e72eb6318b7759f875fb8.png

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I saw this on 'another site' earlier, I went and priced out the MC for Canadian - was about $55k - too scared to look higher than that. Also the solo room was over $8k Canadian

Obvious pricing error.  The same cruise 2 weeks earlier is $16k for the MC SS

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Are they serious?  They  must expect millionaires to book on Celebrity ?

the Sky Suite along Magic Carpet..not even a great location

We love them.  Huge balcony, not far from elevators.  

And here I was, thinking we were paying too much for our SS on Ascent’s spring transatlantic😂 I guess we’d better enjoy it while we can, since we certainly wouldn’t pay 21k pp for a SS! DH just reminded me, “with no butler” 🤣

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yet a number of folks here are "fed up" and will stop sailing Celebrity and the Retreat "after their next 4 or 5+ booked cruises".   That is a big reason for these insane prices.  People are complaining but not walking the walk.  I know that in some cases money from deposits and payments is on the line and nobody wants to lose that.  But their ships and Retreats are still sailing full so why would Celebrity change anything as long as that continues to be the case?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just another in the long line of Celebrity IT **** ups.

From UK site. 12 nights Ascent Med cruise in Spring priced at £13745 for 2 persons incl £800 OBC.

12 night Scandinavian cruise from Southampton £10392 for 2 incl  £800 OBC.

Looks like the usual premium for new ship to me. The Southampton cruise is not that far out of line with last years suite pricing, although a newer ship. Was Silhouette.

I had a 14 night cruise on Silhouette in a SS2 for booked for 2023 at £10800 for 2. We were so disappointed with our 2022 Silhouette cruise we cancelled it and have jumped ship to try MSC Yacht Club.

We have only cruised suites on Celebrity and are now Elite+.

Time will tell if we did the right thing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jelayne said:

Was looking at spring Europe options and came across this 12 N sailing in May on the Ascent.

Magic Carpet SS $40k, check the Iconic Suite.  Wonder how fast they will roll back these prices😂😂

IMG_0812.thumb.png.12c33972b3665e0c6418a7c682e8e47d.pngIMG_0811.thumb.png.54cdb594a81e72eb6318b7759f875fb8.png

Unbelievable pricing. We’re off with our tail between our legs to Princess. We had their top suite for 14 nights recently for way under the cost of the Magic Carpet suite listed above. Going on the Edge next month, but am pretty sure it will be our 12th and last Celebrity cruise, which saddens me. 

8 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Yet a number of folks here are "fed up" and will stop sailing Celebrity and the Retreat "after their next 4 or 5+ booked cruises".   That is a big reason for these insane prices.  People are complaining but not walking the walk.  I know that in some cases money from deposits and payments is on the line and nobody wants to lose that.  But their ships and Retreats are still sailing full so why would Celebrity change anything as long as that continues to be the case?

I'm not canceling already booked 2024 cruises (nonrefundable).  Will I be booking anything for 2025?  Absolutely not.  That's a very recent decision.  For next year, I'm doing workarounds of the dreadful MDR food quality by booking specialties for every night, however. I've decided that to continue along that route is silly.  So, they've won and I am moving on.  Resistance is futile.  I will continue to haunt the X boards until my last cruise ends, hoping against hope corporate decides they've cut too far.  Not holding my breath.

• Like 2