The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 6th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Come and Take it Day, Mad Hatter Day, and Physician Assistant Day

If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.--Albert Einstein

Meal Suggestion for today - Poached Cod in Tomato Curry
Drink of the Day - Pinnacle Raspberry Lemonade
Wine of the Day - 2019 Mark West Pinot Noir
Destination of the Day - Albany WA, Western Australia

Today in History:
1949 US President Harry Truman signs Mutual Defense Assistance Act (for NATO)
1956 Scientist Albert Sabin announces that his oral Polio vaccine is ready for testing

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Victoria, British Columbia 2000-2359

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada eta 10-07

Nieuw Amsterdam

San Diego, California 0700-1600

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Haifa, Israel eta 10-07

Noordam

Los Angeles, California 0900-1800

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Pireaus, Greece eta 10/7

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Amsterdam, Holland, The Netherlands eta 10-07

Volendam

At Sea Destination Hilo, Hawaii eta 10-08

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Kushiro, Japan eta 10-12

Zaandam

Port Canaveral, Florida 0800-1700

Zuiderdam

Boston, Massachusetts 0700-1700

1006World.thumb.jpg.8d44302c14e733108eef0e2d603d4d39.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 16

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on ventilator

HAL Sailer’s DH hospitalized with pneumonia and afib

StLouisCruiser’s friend Susan’s DH Scott hospitalized, post-arrest, off vent

Cruising-along’s friend Rhonda with kidney stones/abcess & new DM dx

Crazy For Cats not feeling well

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine

From the Rotation:

1Angelcat’s friend Stephanie with leg fractures, post-surgery

Quartzsite cruiser’s DH Steve’s post-shunt placement

Haljo1945 with a frozen shoulder, PT for now and eventual surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rafinmd now on Crystal Serenity

Smitty34877 finding a new aide

Haljo1935 nominated as a compassionate leader at work

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Kazu (Rotterdam Oct 7 to Oct 22, Atlantic Sojourn)

1 day for 0106 (Rotterdam Oct 7 to Oct 22, Atlantic Sojourn)

1 day for St Pete Cruiser (Rotterdam Oct 7 to Oct 22, Atlantic Sojourn)

2 days for WannaSea (Eurodam Oct 8 to Oct 12, Pacific Coastal Cruise)

2 days for Horizon Chaser 1957 (Eurodam Oct 8 to Oct 28, Panama Canal)

Vmax1700 (Rotterdam to Oct 7, Jewels of the Baltic), WannaSea (Koningsdam to Oct 7, AK Inside Passage), Mr. Boston (Oosterdam to Oct 8, Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities), Nickelpenny (Noordam to Oct 8, Wine Country & PNW), Ichiban Nekko (Zuiderdam to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast),  Cruzn single (Zuiderdam to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast), Rafinmd (Crystal Serenity to Oct 13, Quebec City to NY), Live4cruises (Westerdam to Oct 28, N.Pacific crossing & Japan Collector) and Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific) 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's still dark here.  We had rain overnight, I think it's over.  It looks like today will be the last of our summery weather.  Today's high is 21C (70F) but starting tomorrow, afternoon highs will only be about 11C (52F) for the next week.  It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, so much to be thankful for.  

An interesting collection of days.  I'm not sure what I'll take, I don't want to be mad but I thank physician assistants.

I like the quote.

I'll pass on the meal, and hope the drink and wine will be tasty.

I've never been to Australia, I don't think I'll ever get there. 🙁

Prayers for everyone.   Cheers for lots of celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.   Stay safe.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

Suzi reminded me on her way out the door to work that instead of going to work in three weeks, we will be heading to the airport for our cruise. 🙂 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

IMG_0884.JPG

• Like 29

Good morning friends!  This morning it's 63F and partly cloudy.  High will be 79 with a slight chance of a shower at some point.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Today is Come and Take it Day, but I'm not sure what that means so will leave it at that.  Any mad hatters out there?  Well, I know I can stand behind physician assistant day!  As for the quote, I think just reading a lot to your kids makes them intelligent and it doesn't have to be fairy tales.  Worked with my kids and grandkids.  As for the poached cod and tomato curry, uh, no thanks.  Poached anything and curry rule that out for me!  An interesting name for a cocktail, and I don't drink red wine.  I can recall getting my polio vaccine in 1956, and that there was a lot of fear about polio during my early years.  Nice to see Missouri native Harry Truman on this day in history.  I want to say thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their excellent reports each day.

Prayers for the many friends here on the Daily and their families who are in need of them, including my DB and my friend Susan's DH and DB.  I'm glad to hear of improvement by some and continue to pray for relief for all.🙏  Congrats to those on the Celebration list, and especially those cruising or getting on a ship in the coming days.  🚢🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your hard work on the lists each day.  I hope your leg pain didn't wake you last night!🤞

The destination today is Albany in Western Australia.  This is often a stop on an Australian circumnavigation.  I recommend that cruise if you get down under.  We had Albany as our port of the day on August 6, 2021 and March 26, 2022 so the links will be posted below for you.  We were there in 2017 on Sun Princess on our Australian circumnavigation. Thanks in advance for everyone's photos of Albany, WA! 

Hoping all here have a great Friday and wonderful start to your weekend.

Today's port of Albany, Australia was a nice place to visit.  We got off the Sun Princess in October, 2017 during our circumnavigation of Australia cruise and walked around the city.  It has a small town atmosphere.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJf7DiHEpddb58WesLIugII?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Along the waterfront00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJ_FtkTblj9tjPhWauVYGI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Heading to the downtown streets00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9cT0noKc3tVAPMqJ1xqKj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

St. John the Evangelist church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQIPnK5Hnki437l_I3cV77?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The shopping district00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKBD5R1IIK8gkd4GE-X5L-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrWVtX94g-RT9knWEqtBgC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNKUpM7Ps7kdhPYgs8cd8A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-Ieuhfr5Quyf7URgT_bRl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1648298039

There were some vendors who had set up shop in this grassy lot so spent some time looking around there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkhcGMUWzsTCjqWJ9dkzuQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Woodworkers, knitters, and the like.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLsjSEpB7SD2oVVz10SqptS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

There was a bus stop nearby where we could ride back to the ship, and as we walked there we saw this sign.  Watch out for the magpies!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHB5WhyRruliwxcHcp9c0T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We ran across a bagpiper in Albany.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

I like to take photos of menu boards outside restaurants and bars.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLLINqjcgBBK68QTa18EkDhKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

It says "Buy 1 beer for the price of 2, and get your 2nd beer FREE!!

Mail carriers around the world always interest me.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxJU0aC5liI8VUQb74SlJo5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The Albany War Memorial00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKaFZpX_Kk04Q55NNEXPIB75cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This monument lists those who died in WW1, WW2, Korean War and Vietnam War.

When we left the Sun Princess earlier in the day we noticed a fire truck at the marina.  Somebody was having a bad morning!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLG5GFQJNvKhgFReah3ABd9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

That's it for today!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

Pinnacle Raspberry Lemonade cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
½ part DeKuyper® Razzmatazz® Schnapps Liqueur
2 parts Lemonade
Garnish: Raspberries, Blueberries or
Lemon Wheel

Instructions
Mix ingredients in a glass with ice and stir. Garnish with a lemon wheel, raspberries or blueberries.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 6.55.59 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 14

Good morning all.  I’m about to hop on my Peloton bike for my almost daily ride/ workout.  Any other Peloton riders out there?  That brings me to my question I’ve been meaning to ask.  Do any cruise lines/ ships have Peloton bikes in their fitness centers?  We are going on NCL in November and Royal Caribbean in December.  I can always do rides on a standard stationery bike, but doing it on a Peloton bike is easier.  Many US hotels/ resorts are adding these to their fitness centers.

Hope everyone has a great day.  

See you on the Leaderboard #Luvtoride40 

Brian

• Like 23

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

We were engaged 44 years ago today.

It is a mild 63°F but cloudy here.

Good days and quote and nice food today.

Polio vaccination was a big medical breakthrough.

Prayers 🙏 to everyone who is unwell.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 29

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  This morning it's 63F and partly cloudy.  High will be 79 with a slight chance of a shower at some point.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Today is Come and Take it Day, but I'm not sure what that means so will leave it at that.  Any mad hatters out there?  Well, I know I can stand behind physician assistant day!  As for the quote, I think just reading a lot to your kids makes them intelligent and it doesn't have to be fairy tales.  Worked with my kids and grandkids.  As for the poached cod and tomato curry, uh, no thanks.  Poached anything and curry rule that out for me!  An interesting name for a cocktail, and I don't drink red wine.  I can recall getting my polio vaccine in 1956, and that there was a lot of fear about polio during my early years.  Nice to see Missouri native Harry Truman on this day in history.  I want to say thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their excellent reports each day.

Prayers for the many friends here on the Daily and their families who are in need of them, including my DB and my friend Susan's DH and DB.  I'm glad to hear of improvement by some and continue to pray for relief for all.🙏  Congrats to those on the Celebration list, and especially those cruising or getting on a ship in the coming days.  🚢🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your hard work on the lists each day.  I hope your leg pain didn't wake you last night!🤞

The destination today is Albany in Western Australia.  This is often a stop on an Australian circumnavigation.  I recommend that cruise if you get down under.  We had Albany as our port of the day on August 6, 2021 and March 26, 2022 so the links will be posted below for you.  We were there in 2017 on Sun Princess on our Australian circumnavigation. Thanks in advance for everyone's photos of Albany, WA! 

Hoping all here have a great Friday and wonderful start to your weekend.

Today's port of Albany, Australia was a nice place to visit.  We got off the Sun Princess in October, 2017 during our circumnavigation of Australia cruise and walked around the city.  It has a small town atmosphere.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJf7DiHEpddb58WesLIugII?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Along the waterfront00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJ_FtkTblj9tjPhWauVYGI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Heading to the downtown streets00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9cT0noKc3tVAPMqJ1xqKj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

St. John the Evangelist church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQIPnK5Hnki437l_I3cV77?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The shopping district00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKBD5R1IIK8gkd4GE-X5L-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrWVtX94g-RT9knWEqtBgC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNKUpM7Ps7kdhPYgs8cd8A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-Ieuhfr5Quyf7URgT_bRl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1648298039

There were some vendors who had set up shop in this grassy lot so spent some time looking around there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkhcGMUWzsTCjqWJ9dkzuQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Woodworkers, knitters, and the like.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLsjSEpB7SD2oVVz10SqptS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

There was a bus stop nearby where we could ride back to the ship, and as we walked there we saw this sign.  Watch out for the magpies!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHB5WhyRruliwxcHcp9c0T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We ran across a bagpiper in Albany.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

I like to take photos of menu boards outside restaurants and bars.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLLINqjcgBBK68QTa18EkDhKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

It says "Buy 1 beer for the price of 2, and get your 2nd beer FREE!!

Mail carriers around the world always interest me.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxJU0aC5liI8VUQb74SlJo5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The Albany War Memorial00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKaFZpX_Kk04Q55NNEXPIB75cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This monument lists those who died in WW1, WW2, Korean War and Vietnam War.

When we left the Sun Princess earlier in the day we noticed a fire truck at the marina.  Somebody was having a bad morning!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLG5GFQJNvKhgFReah3ABd9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

That's it for today!

Thank you for your usual interesting post and excellent photos Sandi.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

We were engaged 44 years ago today.

It is a mild 63°F but cloudy here.

Good days and quote and nice food today.

Polio vaccination was a big medical breakthrough.

Prayers 🙏 to everyone who is unwell.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your usual interesting post and excellent photos Sandi.

Thank you Graham for your posts today.  I'm glad you find the photos and descriptions interesting.  Congratulations to you and Pauline on the anniversary of your engagement!  I hope you both celebrate this important date in some manner.  I'm sure you will!  Stay safe and especially, stay well! 🤗

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today promises to be nice until the rain arrives tonight.  I’m feeling better but still have some symptoms.  I’m keeping today as a PTO day since I’d lose the time anyway if I didn’t use it.  I think I’ll do a deep clean on another room and hopefully purge a few things.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting and since cod is something I tolerate the curry might make it good. 
I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.4ed7f87c19c4fd5e9cdf27602cc9e316.png

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

Good morning! Starting the morning off at 72 but that shouldn’t be the case starting tomorrow with a forecasted cold front. Grateful for our Canadian friends and citizens. May you all enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend. We got to celebrate Canada’s Thanksgiving several times when we were sailing on a BHB. 
The painting project is done minus installing new mirrors. Glass Doctor is coming by today to take measurements. Mirrors will probably not get put up until November when we return from our cruise. Very pleased how it turned out and with wallpaper gone it doesn’t look outdated.

Up early and it’s still pitch black outside. One of those rare nights that I had trouble sleeping.

Thanks Rich for the Daily and to all who contribute. Have a great weekend. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.e8f800d42cd0775dd2c22fe4f5a25639.jpegimage.jpeg.801915a0d3fc1199c9b2a36b471f895d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0c92891d9c709447491a68c0d87093f3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.310acdc44c06c4e323539fec3db542f6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d20db7e59b22593067f51357858498d7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.971f94c2700a11c5dca777e2acc1056c.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 21

Friday!  It’ll be cooling down here in Maryland. Fall is beautiful everywhere!  

I woke up way too early but that’s my pattern now. Plus my arm is sore from the COVID shot, that didn’t help but I’m not sick! Yay for that!   Once I wake up my mind jumps into all directions. We continue to make progress on the move on some fronts, some fronts are pending. There are other parts of life too so it’ll all work together. Thank you all for your encouragement!  

DH had his phone consult with the MDAnderson radiation oncologist who treated him in 2020. The bloodwork is ok, ever increasing a tad each time. We’ll continue to monitor every 6 months. DH’s glaucoma numbers are also on the higher side as he trials cutting one set of eye drops now that the drains are in. It’s all slow, thank you for your continued support.  His next appt is not till January, which will be after we move. So we’ll have to figure that out. Otherwise, I’m grateful we are well enough!  

Beginning this afternoon I’ll be at a retreat till tomorrow afternoon. It’s a welcome break to recenter and refuel. Sunday noon a realtor comes to give us her take on selling our condo. I’m not expecting good news with markets diving, interest rates up (but nothing like what I paid for my first house in the late 70s). Seems my path in life is to buy houses high and sell them low, but thankfully the next egg has grown in between the buying and selling!  

I might not post for a few days but blessings go out just the same. Thinking of all in need of healing, comfort or hope. Congrats to those celebrating!  Safe travels to all away, and lots of whatever is needed for our many cruisers!  Life is Good! 

Glad to see Amsterdam pix from Jacquie!  Glad Roy made the transfer in Quebec to his favorite ship. I wonder if he’ll port again in Saguenay. Our NCL Joy cruuse stopped there and the ship had a problem at security for people getting back on, the line was 90 minutes!  We sat on a park bench for 2 hrs waiting comfortably till the line was only 10-15 mins while enjoying the local entertainment on the pier, happy it wasn’t raining, but it makes us not wanting to choose Joy again. Of course Havens guest were allowed to cut in at the front of the line Maybe that’s worth the extra $$$?  

Hoping there are only good things happening in your lives today!  May peace and healing happen in our country, your country and the world! 🌎. Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Like the Einstein bagel quote. Now I no what went wrong. Never could understand the meaning after E =. !
Never been to todays port so no cruise story to tell unless you want for me to makeup one.

• Like 19

36 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Pinnacle Raspberry Lemonade cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
½ part DeKuyper® Razzmatazz® Schnapps Liqueur
2 parts Lemonade
Garnish: Raspberries, Blueberries or
Lemon Wheel

Instructions
Mix ingredients in a glass with ice and stir. Garnish with a lemon wheel, raspberries or blueberries.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 6.55.59 AM.png

Does this mean that this drink is only served on Holland America at the PG! 😀

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Starting the morning off at 72 but that shouldn’t be the case starting tomorrow with a forecasted cold front. Grateful for our Canadian friends and citizens. May you all enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend. We got to celebrate Canada’s Thanksgiving several times when we were sailing on a BHB. 
The painting project is done minus installing new mirrors. Glass Doctor is coming by today to take measurements. Mirrors will probably not get put up until November when we return from our cruise. Very pleased how it turned out and with wallpaper gone it doesn’t look outdated.

Up early and it’s still pitch black outside. One of those rare nights that I had trouble sleeping.

Thanks Rich for the Daily and to all who contribute. Have a great weekend. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.e8f800d42cd0775dd2c22fe4f5a25639.jpegimage.jpeg.801915a0d3fc1199c9b2a36b471f895d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0c92891d9c709447491a68c0d87093f3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.310acdc44c06c4e323539fec3db542f6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d20db7e59b22593067f51357858498d7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.971f94c2700a11c5dca777e2acc1056c.jpeg

I think these are all new cartoons. Great work. I like giving laughing symbols!

• Like 12
  • Haha 5

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Rich! It is another lovely morning. Bindi & I had an extra long walk and now I am running late for my gym class. 😱

Vanessa, thank you for managing to keep up with all of us. Praying that your pain improves. 

Gym, Bindi walks, replanting, chores and maybe some pool time.

IMG_1806.jpeg.8a71c34d952b25de77bcb23ce5abd9af.jpeg

IMG_1811.jpeg.01dc95677a035c5994639e8295c9f594.jpeg

IMG_1814.jpeg.1385d095a0fff89f427d42cb85edf7ce.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families & your support teams.

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, praying that a Steve improves every day and your days return to “normal” - whatever that is. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

2019 Mark West Pinot Noir

I was lucky to enjoy this lovely Pinot Noir while sitting in a restaurant across the highway from my hotel outside of Denali National Park last year. We liked the restaurant & the wine so much, we visited two nights in a row. It is a bit more full-bodied than most PN, but very smooth. It is still readily available with online prices starting at$10.99.

Distributor Notes

Mark West Winery specializes in Pinot Noir. Sourced primarily from California’s coastal appellations, these vineyards provide grapes of intense fruit aromatics and flavors. After a gentle crushing, the grapes were fermented in small tanks with daily punch downs to extract color and flavor. Pressed lightly, the wine was then aged in French and Hungarian oak for approximately eight months before bottling. Red and black cherry flavors abound with a note of spice from oak aging. Rich in texture with a lingering finish and versatile enough to complement just about any cuisine.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 6

We made it to Friday! Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

The meal and drink of the day sound good. 

It will be a gray and cloudy day today. Rain coming later. 

I will be working from home and preparing for my trip to Colorado next week for a conference. 

Fancy to so much better. She is moving more freely. I have to keep reminding myself that she had a bout of Lyme disease before we adopted her and may have long term effects from that. We started giving her some glucosamine and hemp chews which she enjoys. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.jpeg.756961010edcaca65bc0ed7d3a3ee6c4.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good cloudy and humid morning. Rain expected later with a high of 75.

Zaandam is visible on PortCanaveral webcam 🚢

I have a haircut appointment this morning and not much planned the rest of the day. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is raining with more coming later and it “may” be a lot of rain….let us hope it is not!

We like cod here but not with curry . Dinner plans have not been made yet. I have not been to Australia but enjoyed Sandi’s pictures. I was able to get the polio vaccine but my BFF had it as a baby and has post polio syndrome now. She has worn a leg brace for many years and has limited use of her left arm due to shoulder weakness.

My brother and SIL took me out to dinner last night and we had a lot of fun in one of the many Irish pubs/restaurants on our Main drag here. It was a beautiful night and we walked there and back. We went through pictures they had taken on our various cruises over the years and enjoyed that so much. It was so nice to get out and about in the rest of the world!

Have a great day today

• Like 30