February vs March cruises

Not a username2

25 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

I'm looking at booking a cruise mid-late Feb or early March (before March break) 2025 ABC islands. I've noticed that the February ones are mostly sold out and more expensive. Is there a reason why that is the case vs the first week of March? All on the Reflection. TIA.

Hitting a lot of school vacation times in February, More or less many schools have vacations from mid February to mid April.  They are staggered some weeks more than others but this is a lot of it  I tend to stay away from traveling then except if it is for a cruise over 10+ days 

• Like 1

February is typically a heavily booked month for the Caribbean. Cruises that hit all three ABC's are also limited in January-March 2025. Reflection only has 4 cruises in February. Two 6 and two 8 night cruises. The February 15th 8 night cruise is the only one that stops at all three islands so that one may be more popular and expensive. 

• Like 1

If a cruise is mostly sold out the prices will be higher.  Given a choice, pick the cheapest or the week that you prefer.  Sea water temperature in the islands is going to be a bit chilly for a stop in the Bahamas.  Will be fine in the ABCs, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not a username2 said:

I'm looking at booking a cruise mid-late Feb or early March (before March break) 2025

What you are thinking as March break is not the same for all.   for many 'march break' starts as early as mid feb and goes all the way to early april.    yes there are peaks in that time (mid march for instance) but it does vary a lot, from area to area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

I'm looking at booking a cruise mid-late Feb or early March (before March break) 2025 ABC islands. I've noticed that the February ones are mostly sold out and more expensive. Is there a reason why that is the case vs the first week of March? All on the Reflection. TIA.

I’m guessing it’s a popular cruise month, similar to January for northerners sans kids to get away from the cold, and with popularity comes more expensive fares.

March likely not as cold and getting close to spring breakers and kids

We did a 10 day in January 2023 and out of 3300 passengers, there were about 500-800 Canadians (not sure how many northern Americans )

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

OT....How do others feel about January cruises?  Never sailed to mid-Caribbean in that month....I'm assuming the ocean will be a little cooler than prior and after months?  Lots of rain?

I tend to take cruises on off months mid November to early December than Jan to beg of Feb.  never a problem with rain or coolness.  It’s my escape from winter time 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I tend to take cruises on off months mid November to early December than Jan to beg of Feb.  never a problem with rain or coolness.  It’s my escape from winter time 

Many thanks for that information, as we have not been in the Caribbean for decades, but going 12/1 on Beyond!

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Many thanks for that information, as we have not been in the Caribbean for decades, but going 12/1 on Beyond!

Great time, I will be on b2b with the Silhouette at that time.  10 day on Nov 20th and the 4 day after starting on the 30th.  I usually try to go on a cruise over thanksgiving, and or head to an AI..

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

OT....How do others feel about January cruises?  Never sailed to mid-Caribbean in that month....I'm assuming the ocean will be a little cooler than prior and after months?  Lots of rain?

We always sail in January every year over MLK week. It’s a great time to sail because kids are back in school and weather is perfect in the Caribbean. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/23/2023 at 5:45 PM, Oceangoer2 said:

We enjoy Caribbean cruises in January:   prices are lower, weather is great, kids are in school and the waters still feel warm.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2023 at 2:45 PM, Oceangoer2 said:

It was our least favourite time to go. My husband says the water was too cold, I thought it was fine. Yes, we hit a bit of rain, too. Overall it was good, though. He just prefers April because it’s his birthday month. This time, we’re doing a month from late Feb-late March to those wonderful Caribbean waters, so I think we’ll be ok. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2023 at 4:45 PM, Oceangoer2 said:

I did a western Caribbean this January, other than Ft Lauderdale the weather and water temps were fine.  The ship (Beyond) vibe felt more like a funeral however.  Probably my last January cruise.

On 10/23/2023 at 9:57 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

We always sail in January every year over MLK week. It’s a great time to sail because kids are back in school and weather is perfect in the Caribbean. 

Where we live MLK is a school break!

Air and hotels are priced higher...no idea abt cruise fares.

On 10/23/2023 at 6:12 PM, bikerunner said:

As do we.  Prices tend to be a bit more reasonable.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 4:45 PM, Oceangoer2 said:

I've cruised in January many, many times.  The islands are always nice and warm - in fact, much more comfortable than later months but definitely warm enough for beach time.  Leaving from Florida (and in Florida) may be cool (or even cold) but once you get south January is the perfect month IMHO

• Thanks 2

On 10/23/2023 at 2:23 PM, Not a username2 said:

All ABC cruises eventually book up well.  Some schools/colleges start spring break in March.  Also the prices for pre-cruise hotels can be even higher in March.  I suspect that is why the March one has yet to sell out.