Dining Package Reservations Will Now Be Available Pre-Cruise

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I wonder if the price for your dining package goes down and you cancel and rebook if you lose all your ressies and have to hope your days and times are still available

That is the case for booking a single specialty, would have to be the same for UDP.  

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm betting bogo for D+ now going to be harder to book times if everyone else can book before theh board. Hmm.

Several D+ cruisers I know book dinner for one in the Cruise Planner, pay for it, show up with a plus-one, use the BOGO coupon, and the other person is free.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pcur said:

Several D+ cruisers I know book dinner for one in the Cruise Planner, pay for it, show up with a plus-one, use the BOGO coupon, and the other person is free.

Did this successfully 2 weeks ago 

and will be doing again next week

Zero bills both restaurants.

BOGO we bought one, and got one free, regardless of price paid 

it’s not buy one and then add a bit then you can have 1/2 off 

isn’t that right @Jimbo

First time ever we had used a D+ BOGO for dining 

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pcur said:

I dont want to treat someone else. Its night 2 I'm worried about. Night 2 is usually when I book a big show. I'll believe it when I see it as I said that I can prebook bogo for both nights. I'm cruising with 2 friends, one single and one married. The single guy is d+ and can pay for his own. I want to book 2 nights.

Also allure as I posted a few posts back would NOT take prebooked for bogo. I'm aware experiences vary. I board harmony nov 26 and we will see how they treat it. I'm not really worried about night 1, not that many want night 1, its night 2 that gets short of times. Allure first told me I had to sit OUTSIDE to eat early. Loyalty called down when I couldnt reach chops when they changed my time to 7:30 pm. After a rather bad bogo on allure, I think people saying dont worry .. didnt get treated how I was treated. Sept is very hot going out of texas. I dont want to eat outside because they changed my time without telling me.

Havent used bogo much but allure was rather awful. Oh and the loyalty ambassador then said to me about eating outside .. take it or leave it they said. .. remember I boarded early and booked a early time, they changed the date and time. Not me and then had a poor attitude.

No one has made me convinced bogo as a solo can be booked for 2 nights before I board. I'm a wait and see. Boarding harmony soon so will know. 

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I went on my CP and can't find where there's an option to book times for the UDP. Is this starting the day Icon first sails? January 27, 2024?

From the press release post #1

There isn't an exact date, but he indicated they're aiming for right after the launch of Icon of the Seas in late January, "not quite for Icon's first arrival, but hopefully only a couple of days after."

11 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I went on my CP and can't find where there's an option to book times for the UDP. Is this starting the day Icon first sails? January 27, 2024?

It says aiming for right after Icons first sailing  or a few days after in post #1

Edited by PompeySailor

Great news. With this change I might definitely consider booking the UDP. I did not like the stress associated with having to be on a long queue on the first day just to try to book the preferred times. I assume that there is also a limit on how many cruisers can book UDP on a particular cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, travelberlin said:

Great news. With this change I might definitely consider booking the UDP. I did not like the stress associated with having to be on a long queue on the first day just to try to book the preferred times. I assume that there is also a limit on how many cruisers can book UDP on a particular cruise.

Don’t think they will over book it 

Royal don’t over book 😉

Edit: They only overbook cabins not dining (YET)

I don’t see UDP being booked much more than it already is

a slight up tick maybe 

Not many are willing to shell out $500- $1000 for a 7 night for 2 when all the other food is free

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Did this successfully 2 weeks ago 

and will be doing again next week

Zero bills both restaurants.

BOGO we bought one, and got one free, regardless of price paid 

it’s not buy one and then add a bit then you can have 1/2 off 

isn’t that right @Jimbo

First time ever we had used a D+ BOGO for dining 

Thanks Graham.  Just want to make sure I understand what you’re saying.   For example, if I book Chops (pre cruise in the planner) for the first night for 1 person, but Doug and I both show up, I’ll be able to use my D+ BOGO and he’ll be free?  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I saw this earlier and was going to post it but got distracted. Yes. Says supposed to start maybe a few days after icon launch. 

Good news for those booking discount packages.

I'm betting bogo for D+ now going to be harder to book times if everyone else can book before theh board. Hmm.

It shouldn't have any impact on BOGO.  I always book dinner for 1 person on nights 1 and 2 of the cruise.  One night is under my name and the second night is under my husbands.  I always get the dining time I want and don't need to rush around to the restaurants when I board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Thanks Graham.  Just want to make sure I understand what you’re saying.   For example, if I book Chops (pre cruise in the planner) for the first night for 1 person, but Doug and I both show up, I’ll be able to use my D+ BOGO and he’ll be free?  

That’s exactly how it worked for us 

and on the second night we used Nikki’s  and repeated the process.

Not sure if necessary, when I booked Chops for one , I did in my name for Day 1

Then booked Giovanni’s for one, in Nikki’s name for Day 2

When we  boarded I went to chops and told the Matre D we would be PCP + BOGO 

Also made sure they notated that for day 2 as well, all 😎 

We had no issues and x2 ZERO receipts 

(Waiters got their cash tip like usual)

Thanks to @Jimbo for this tip, as we had never used our D+ BOGO’s before  for dining.

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gerig said:

It shouldn't have any impact on BOGO.  I always book dinner for 1 person on nights 1 and 2 of the cruise.  One night is under my name and the second night is under my husbands.  I always get the dining time I want and don't need to rush around to the restaurants when I board.

Exactly how we did it +1 👍🏻

• Like 2

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I dont want to treat someone else. Its night 2 I'm worried about. Night 2 is usually when I book a big show. I'll believe it when I see it as I said that I can prebook bogo for both nights. I'm cruising with 2 friends, one single and one married. The single guy is d+ and can pay for his own. I want to book 2 nights.

Also allure as I posted a few posts back would NOT take prebooked for bogo. I'm aware experiences vary. I board harmony nov 26 and we will see how they treat it. I'm not really worried about night 1, not that many want night 1, its night 2 that gets short of times. Allure first told me I had to sit OUTSIDE to eat early. Loyalty called down when I couldnt reach chops when they changed my time to 7:30 pm. After a rather bad bogo on allure, I think people saying dont worry .. didnt get treated how I was treated. Sept is very hot going out of texas. I dont want to eat outside because they changed my time without telling me.

Havent used bogo much but allure was rather awful. Oh and the loyalty ambassador then said to me about eating outside .. take it or leave it they said. .. remember I boarded early and booked a early time, they changed the date and time. Not me and then had a poor attitude.

No one has made me convinced bogo as a solo can be booked for 2 nights before I board. I'm a wait and see. Boarding harmony soon so will know. 

I wasn't very clear:  the plus one is someone sharing the same cabin, or identified as a travel companion.

6 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

That’s exactly how it worked for us 

and on the second night we used Nikki’s  and repeated the process.

Not sure if necessary, when I booked Chops for one , I did in my name for Day 1

Then booked Giovanni’s for one, in Nikki’s name for Day 2

When we  boarded I went to chops and told the Matre D we would be PCP + BOGO 

Also made sure they notated that for day 2 as well, all 😎 

We had no issues and x2 ZERO receipts 

(Waiters got their cash tip like usual)

Thanks to @Jimbo for this tip, as we had never used our D+ BOGO’s before  for dining.

So you pre-booked online 1 specialty dinner for each of you and when you got there for dinner you told them you’re using the BOGO and they accepted it? In other words they were only expecting 1 person to show up and two came instead?

Did you only choose days 1 and 2 or further out?

Have all ships accepted this?

We’re currently on Odyssey and I tried to use our BOGO for lunch at Giovanni’s and no matter how hard I pushed they wouldn’t budge. He kept saying why wouldn’t I want dinner instead and I said it’s too late for me to eat that much. 
Other ships we had no issue doing that. I wish it was more consistent across the fleet. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re currently on Odyssey and I tried to use our BOGO for lunch at Giovanni’s and no matter how hard I pushed they wouldn’t budge. He kept saying why wouldn’t I want dinner instead and I said it’s too late for me to eat that much. 
Other ships we had no issue doing that. I wish it was more consistent across the fleet. 

Perhaps you were denied using the BOGO at  lunch because the benefit is for dinner/evening meal.  Clearly noted dinner with the words  “dinner” and “night”  on the benefits list. 
m

The good news is that we can now charge you 500 USD per week for 7 nights of dining in our speciality restaurants because we brought you this amazing feature that should have been possible in 2015. 

We as a board think you (customers) still have some spare money we are trying to figure out how to liberate you from and we are happy to come up with new and innovative ways to increase price whilst making everything else systematically worse and provide you with less giving you more reasons to upgrade to things that used to be included in the fare. 

Check back with us soon when we announce our new pay per sheet toilet paper package for your upgraded stateroom experience. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I wish it was more consistent across the fleet.

Sadly this applies to many things.

I will be D+ after my next cruise and I have been looking forward to my BOGO's but figuring out how to game the system is kind of giving me a headache. I know it would upset many who have had success booking pre-cruise or using them for lunch or for a night other than 1 or 2, but if RC chose to enforce the rules as written, no one would be allowed to book anything but dinner night 1 or 2 after boarding the ship.

• Like 1