No more Elite priority embarkation in FLL?

like2cruise

At Port Everglades and staff says that there is no Elite Embarkation Lounge. Elite and Elite+ are with general boarding. I’m not surprised, but curious how long that’s been in affect.  I don’t see it on the list of benefits anymore.  Our last Celebrity FLL cruise was March 22.  

2 minutes ago, like2cruise said:

At Port Everglades and staff says that there is no Elite Embarkation Lounge. Elite and Elite+ are with general boarding. I’m not surprised, but curious how long that’s been in affect.  I don’t see it on the list of benefits anymore.  Our last Celebrity FLL cruise was March 22.  

Priority boarding went away with the introduction of assigned check-in times. Except for the initial rush, you will just get there, check in and be on your way to the gangway.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

Priority boarding went away with the introduction of assigned check-in times. Except for the initial rush, you will just get there, check in and be on your way to the gangway.

No priority for suites either?

1 minute ago, CruisinShips said:

No priority for suites either?

Suite priority is really only relevant when checkin first opens. They still have a waiting lounge for use until boarding begins, After that it's just walk on board as you get there..

17 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

That's not what anyone said.  

Don't get all sassy with me, Dawg! 

Post #2 "Priority boarding went away with the introduction of assigned check-in times"

That was what we Gators call an unqualified statement...and I asked for claification!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

Post #2 "Priority boarding went away with the introduction of assigned check-in times"

That was what we Gators call an unqualified statement...and I asked for claification!

The original question was referring to Elite and Elite+ not suites.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

they sometimes call  Elite and AQ first..in the big ugly  waiting room..sometimes Concierge  goes first if lunch offered

mostly a horrible free for all..it was not much better from Suite area when we were there  ..

X does not excel at embark 

/disembark   procedures!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

they sometimes call  Elite and AQ first..in the big ugly  waiting room..sometimes Concierge  goes first if lunch offered

mostly a horrible free for all..it was not much better from Suite area when we were there  ..

X does not excel at embark 

/disembark   procedures!

Exactly what I was going to say.  Right when they restarted they had terminal building capacity limit rules so they not only enforced embarkation windows but also had everyone queue up outside.  When the limit was removed so was the enforcement

1 hour ago, CruisinShips said:

LOL…did you enjoy the game last weekend?  I did. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We have an 11:30 embarkation time so we'll just go with that...

Just remember that is a checkin time, not an embarkation time.  There could be a difference depending on how quickly they are able to clear the ship. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 11:06 AM, cruisestitch said:

Suites do have a special lounge 

On 11/2/2023 at 11:06 AM, DaKahuna said:

Suites and Zenith's still have priority boarding  throught a separate check in area and are the first to board after the B2B cruissers. 

22 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Just remember that is a checkin time, not an embarkation time.  There could be a difference depending on how quickly they are able to clear the ship. 

You are correct DaKahuna.  That has been our experience with boarding in suites. Periodically, there is a problem "zeroing out" the passengers so the B2B passengers are delayed which results in a delayed boarding for Suites and Zenith.

• Like 2

News today said that Celebrity will sell VIP passes that include priority embarkation, reserved seating in the show lounge, priority tenders, no room service fees, and faster WiFi. Cost is outrageously high.  Over $30 pp per day.   Just another way to make money.  What’s next?  

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:17 PM, bEwAbG said:

OP mentions a priority lounge in the terminal.  Was there ever a separate lounge for Elite and Elite+?  I thought it was just priority lines for check-in (even pre-pandemic).

There used to be..  but not  at the  cavernous E Class terminal,  only suites have a sep area there.

In several ports and Pt Ev Terminals, they used to sep seat E and E+, AQ Class, Concierge and follow a precise pecking order for boarding.. wheelchairs first!   

Same with Royal C.. 

Things have changed!

On 11/3/2023 at 8:17 PM, bEwAbG said:

OP mentions a priority lounge in the terminal.  Was there ever a separate lounge for Elite and Elite+?  I thought it was just priority lines for check-in (even pre-pandemic).

We been at different embarkation ports where there was a wait and we were seated in areas by our tier level. Most recent was at San Pedro and we were seated in an area for Elite and Elite plus and possibly Zenith (?). Boarding was also by AC, CC and tier levels first. Still on the ship by 11:20. 

Edited by doghog