Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I’m sure if they were in bed the mattress would be changed out. If there is blood it would be removed.

My guess is there are a number of hotel rooms and cruise ship cabins where deaths have occurred and we never know. We only know this one because of the vloggers who have never cruised and have no idea that people do die on cruises.

And the mysterious ghosts that look in on you.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

The Northern Europe cruises are nearly sold out.

That is what I was told about the first quarter.  Mysteriously granted Royal Up from balcony to GS.  It never hurts to ask.  Worse thing they can do...is say no...but I did try.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you want to send me, all expenses paid for the leg prior to you reboarding, I’d gladly stay in the room to see that it is free of spirits. 😀

Too funny....Hey..."the check is in the mail".  😄 😄 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Well in my case it's personal.  That is the cabin I am scheduled to be in when I rejoin in Barcelona. 😳

I know it sounds uncomfortable, but what about the hotel/AirbnB/Vrbo/other establishments/ rooms and several other cabins that one has slept in on previous cruises? Surely there is a chance that some thing may have happened in one those?
I just hope you get it "sorted out", physically and in your mind and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

I know it sounds uncomfortable, but what about the hotel/AirbnB/Vrbo/other establishments/ rooms and several other cabins that one has slept in on previous cruises? Surely there is a chance that some thing may have happened in one those?

Oh I'm positive somethings happen. 😇

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I just hope you get it "sorted out", physically and in your mind and enjoy your cruise.

As I already posted..."ignorance is bliss".   In this case, I already know.  

Case in point.  What is the first thing that comes into to your mind when you walk into your cabin on embarkation day?   And what is the first thing that will come into to my mind when I walk into that cabin on embarkation day in Barcelona?    

Yes, as I also already posted...feel very sad for the poor lady (rest her soul) and her family/friends.   Very sad indeed.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Case in point.  What is the first thing that comes into to your mind when you walk into your cabin on embarkation day?   And what is the first thing that will come into to my mind when I walk into that cabin on embarkation day in Barcelona?    

Yes, as I also already posted...feel very sad for the poor lady (rest her soul) and her family/friends.   Very sad inde

I understand your point of view, about what will come to mind first thing, now that you know the cabin #.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes, as I also already posted...feel very sad for the poor lady (rest her soul) and her family/friends.   Very sad indeed.  

Move to Cabin 7602, It's available for July 10th.

Cabins above and Vintages below which will be quiet.

Just heard back from the WC desk.  As usual...they are spot on quick.  🙂   Have been moved to 8600 for the whole last quarter.  Still on "the hump" but facing aft instead of forward.  

But it still won't stop me from submitting a Royal Up bid.  😉 

• Like 30

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Just heard back from the WC desk.  As usual...they are spot on quick.  🙂   Have been moved to 8600 for the whole last quarter.  Still on "the hump" but facing aft instead of forward.  

Being a little aft is better then those forward hump cabins. If people are smoking more forward of your cabin you will get that smoke smell when you are out on your balcony in those  forward hump cabins as  the smoke smell drifts down the side of the ship..

Being on the back of the hump you won't get that smell of people smoking.

Still would be on the look out for the ghosts jumping from balcony to balcony on your side.. 😉

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Just heard back from the WC desk.  As usual...they are spot on quick.  🙂   Have been moved to 8600 

Go for it, Patricia!  Good luck!!🥰

• Thanks 1

Currently on this cruise, so far we are enjoying it.  The ship is in much better shape than when we sailed in November, 2021. The only crowded areas appear to be the bars in the evening😂.  

The new library is great!  Lots of shiny new books, most do not look like they have been touched.

The gym really could use some new weight machines as the current ones have a lot of rusty areas and are difficult to adjust.  They did bring in some new stuff today, a new rowing machine and some type of strange running contraption but I did not see anything that looked like it could be replacements for the weight machines. 

Food has been amazingly good but they are repeating stuff in the MDR, for example, warm apple cobbler has been one of four desserts on the menu every night so far.  We had very good steaks in Chops Tuesday evening, but they were not busy at all.  There were only 2 other couples beside us the restaurant, I don’t think I’ve ever seen waiters just standing around before.

Entertainment has been ok, but not great. I did think the Royal singers did a very good show but the magician/comedian put me to sleep last night.

Bed is comfy, pillows are nice and the new towels and robes are amazing!  Our cabin is in very good shape.

Looking forward to the next 24 days!

Sherri🙂

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5