HAL has a new website...Naturally it doesn't work!

Laminator

just went to the site....great graphics...love the videos playing....signed in and I noticed my statements for spending on each cruise are now included (navigator was my previous only source for that).

Looks like a major upgrade and an improvement with the short tour I just completed.

• Like 1

usa today has article about the HAL $49 standby fare....big audience i would guess and it has a link to HAL for details...of course when u click link it doesn't work?  Gee you get massive coverage on USA today and the link doesn't work?  Once upon a time somebody would get fired for that type screw up....

404 Error

WE CAN'T FIND THE PAGE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I can log in to my account but beyond my correct name and Mariner number, it doesn’t yet have my cruise history, etc.

I did notice a link for some seafood recipes I’m not sure I had previously noticed: https://www.vitalchoice.com/blog/recipes/

(direct link from HAL under Exclusive Recipes is https://www.vitalchoice.com/blog/pan-seared-sea-bass-recipe/  Information to order Vital Choice seafood: https://www.vitalchoice.com/v/holland-america )

Edited by syesmar

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

I was able to LOGOUT! with one click, not one-then-refresh-then-again-then-reload. I am a simple girl, pleased by simple things!

Crystal finally I had no problem with the web site not using  incognito   .Knock on wood . 

Now my last  hurdle is getting my $550 in  on board credits from that new website for my 100 shares of CCL stock  ,4 cruises 

It has been  challenging 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richwmn said:

Me too, nice that we all share the same booking!

I think it's cool that we all have the same booking. But what's really cool is that we're all going to Alaska in 30 days. Early January will be cooler than cool. It'll be freezing!

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I think it's cool that we all have the same booking. But what's really cool is that we're all going to Alaska in 30 days. Early January will be cooler than cool. It'll be freezing!

I have heard the Northern Lights are impressive this year!!  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

I have heard the Northern Lights are impressive this year!!  😁

We are looking to book a 11 day Alaska cruise Sept 2025 from SF round trip pm Ruby Princess .We can rake amtrak round tri & have uner take us around  .My DW cam bot fly  any longer .So we leave from solan Beach to SF ino ne day take hotel for a douple nights pre cruise .We been to SF many many times 

The northern light will be seens in Sept in alaska  .We have seen them before awwsome

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Thanks 1

No issues here with Chrome browser on W11Pro.  Took a bit of time, likely to access and download cached files and media, the first time, but is quick now.  On login, all my booked cruises show up, I'm who I expect to be and my history is complete.  All the pages work in "Manage My Cruise" for each cruise, all the booking numbers are correct.  Just did my final payment for a March cruise and received the emailed notification before I logged out of the website.  I'm seeing great improvement so far....

• Like 2

I can log in and see and do everything except the cruise that ended recently doesn't show in my history and my new booking isn't recognized .  On Navigator all the  information shows and I wonder when it will appear on my account on the website. 

The issue is the same on Safari and Chrome.

23 hours ago, Big Dawg CC said:

New skin, same poorly performing back-end:

Something has gone wrong!

We are sorry , we are unable to locate the page. Please try searching again.

and then

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Me too. I flipped around a few pages before I got this:

Something has gone wrong!

We are sorry , we are unable to locate the page. Please try searching again.

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or be annoyed. I guess I'll laugh.

Why does it appear so very very difficult for many cruise lines to hire some hot shot software/website experts like the ones who create a lot of the big online sites that actually work?  It seems these problems go on and on year after year in one way or another.  Maybe it is time to get rid of the people who continue to fail to provide a good solid website/app for years and fix it once and for all?

I would think it would be in their best interest...it must get very old for the execs to read page after page of complaints/problems year after year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2023 at 5:47 PM, FlaMariner said:

just went to the site....great graphics...love the videos playing....signed in and I noticed my statements for spending on each cruise are now included (navigator was my previous only source for that).

Looks like a major upgrade and an improvement with the short tour I just completed.

Again......Logged in twice today....no issues...cruises are there, mariner info correct, FCD's there....priced a cruise...no problem.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Again......Logged in twice today....no issues...cruises are there, mariner info correct, FCD's there....priced a cruise...no problem.

I still can't access with Chrome.  Can get there incognito, or on Edge, however.