Hobbies brought on to Celebrity ship

There is a sewing machine thread that made me want to start a thread on hobbies people had that you brought onboard a Celebrity ship to occupy some free time.

Mine is probably a popular one which is Walking and Reading.

Please share, especially for anyone that has a unique hobby

Edited by Cruise till you drop

Dancing. I always bring our music selection and Bluetooth speaker. There are some great hidden (and some not-so-hidden) areas that make for good dancing during the day if the regular locations are in use.

• Like 1

If you define a hobby as a regular leisure pursuit done for pleasure, then walking ain't it. I do it, but it's not for pleasure, although I'm sure many find it so.

On past cruises, I've enjoyed reading (real books and digital), hand stitched quilting and applique, crosswords and sudoku, and adult coloring books

I should have added I dont know how many times we have seen 1 person, sit at a table for 2 in El Bacio reading or whatever, bare feet UP on the other chair and, their beverage or plate emptied but continue to sit tying up a spot, oblivious or not caring others might like to sit for a coffee or beverage

I now get why certain coffee chains have posted a sign saying 30 minutes.   If you want to read, knit, crossword puzzle, play cards, whatever, there are many areas to do so.  How about thinking about others

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

I should have added I dont know how many times we have seen 1 person, sit at a table for 2 in El Bacio reading or whatever, bare feet UP on the other chair and, their beverage or plate emptied but continue to sit tying up a spot, oblivious or not caring others might like to sit for a coffee or beverage

I now get why certain coffee chains have posted a sign saying 30 minutes.   If you want to read, knit, crossword puzzle, play cards, whatever, there are many areas to do so.  How about thinking about others

Amen!

10 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

What kind of swinger? The upside down pineapple kind? The tennis/pickleball kind? The golf kind? The baseball kind? Or the backyard/public park kind?

I’m guessing all of the above 

• Haha 1

Getting back to the thread, on our recent cruise on Ascent, my DW sat on the back outside deck of the Oceanview Cafe on Deck 14 at one of the tables to do her beading. She ended up having quite a few nice interactions with folks stopping by. It was great. 

On a previous cruise on Carnival, she encamped at a table near the Blue Iguana. Ended up making a pair of earrings for a crewmember that time. Crewmember was named Cherry, so she made cherry earrings. 

Image for reference of what beading is.

20240121_145936.jpg

• Like 5

Besides raising Koi, wine is my hobby. I'll leave the koi at home because they hate to fly but I think I should be able to bring as much wine on board as I can carry. I promise not to take up a table at Al Bacio all day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Besides raising Koi, wine is my hobby. I'll leave the koi at home because they hate to fly but I think I should be able to bring as much wine on board as I can carry. I promise not to take up a table at Al Bacio all day.

Wouldn’t it be nice to bring more wine, I’d even be willing to pay corkage.

$25 is reasonable compared to some restaurants that don’t even use quality stemware. Cheers 

I usually read.

My DH and DS enjoy playing ping pong - only on cruises.

I've seen people crochet, make decorate rubber duckies, read....

My mom would probably enjoy diamond art. She made a few before our last cruise and I stuck magnets on them, using them for cabin and door decorations.

Embroidery is one thing I have taken on a cruise. Doesn’t take up much packing space and easy to pick up and put down…

Just a suggestion, if you would like to meet like minded readers, bead workers, embroiderers, knitters or scrabble players why not join your roll call and see if you have other interested people on board…

• Like 3

20 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

I should have added I dont know how many times we have seen 1 person, sit at a table for 2 in El Bacio reading or whatever, bare feet UP on the other chair and, 

Surprised that no one commented on the bare feet on a chair. Seen Bare feet  on a table, too.

Very disrespectful to all!

Staff will walk by and say nothing.

Passengers seem to accept that more than how people dress.