The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 23rd,

kazu

Good morning everyone.  Thanks @kazu, @summer slope, @JazzyV, @rafinmd, and @dfish for keeping us up to date.  A good day for upcoming cruisers to measure their feet for a new pair of flip flops.  I’ll celebrate pie day on my mom’s birthday 3/14, maybe I’ll celebrate with an apple pie cocktail instead.  I’ll work on my handwriting today using the Palmer method.  The quote is pretty funny.  The meal suggestion sounds promising.  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for all on our prayer list.  Cheers to those celebrating happy events today!  Happy birthdays to @smitty34877 and @DWAliaschief 🥂

Edited by Mr. Boston
Additional information
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I will not measure my feet because they are way too wide! I used to have good handwriting and I am not a fan of most pies.  Weird quote, spaghetti is not a soup, nope to the drink, yes to the wine and I have been to Fujairah - driving over several times when I lived in Dubai.  I don't think I have pictures, though. I remember watching Roots and interesting thing Sweden did.

ScreenShot2024-01-18at19_26_12.thumb.png.b516b4a58663451be2da6fd23f8bf1e7.png

No gym today as I am subbing and need to be there at 0730.  This one is an experiment - 6th grade.  So that means I will have them all day.  Oh, boy.  And it is raining and is supposed to all day.  48F presently going up to mid 50s.  Let's hope I survive!

ScreenShot2024-01-20at10_22_47.thumb.png.4e2ebffd5f731137659f300f442eed72.png

Yesterday at PT, he did a release of one muscle on my right side.  He had done it for the left last week and that left me sore and achy.  Yesterday was no different.  He was a little more gentle in doing it but I actually think it helps a tad.  Then last night I started reserving dinner and scheduling some excursions for my upcoming trip.  I decided to add HIA after my experiment on my last cruise (it would have been cheaper adding HIA then).  Excitement is starting to creep up!

IMG_4105.thumb.JPG.8796664015310ec830a973040f15ddb9.JPG

Happy Birthday to @DWAliaschief and @smitty34877.  Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

ScreenShot2024-01-20at13_57_25.thumb.png.1cc333e8e3b5ade9189699b977010882.png

Have a warm and safe day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Don't see people actually write much anymore, never thought about measuring my feet. Would try the meal, drink & wine; not been to the port.

Currently 43°, feels like 39° headed to 54° with rain - still feels cold but so much better than what we had, almost warm enough to turn the heater on.🙄

Will try to get to PT today.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

20240123_065734.thumb.jpg.007b16586dfecbeaa207b006d2edf7b3.jpg

• Like 30

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Remember as a child, putting your foot into that cold silver metal shoe sizer?  I haven't seen one of those in a store in ages.  I still like to do handwritten notes, I just wish they'd bring cursive writing back in schools.  Not sure what Joh is, but I do know there's a peach pie in the freezer that just may see it's way to the oven today.  Mike Meyers is so funny, but maybe I'm biased because he's Canadian.

We're in a warming trend, folks!  Right now we have a temp of -7C (19F), and it's expected to get even warmer in the next couple of days, with possible above freezing temperatures by Thursday.  Crazy weather, as usually in the month of January we're firmly ensconced in cold, cold weather with tons of snow.  We did have some snow overnight, but not like we used to.  I expect the fellow will be out there shortly to clear it off for us - what a godsend he's been this winter. 

@smitty34877 wishing you a very Happy Birthday with many happy and healthy returns of the day!

@DWAliaschiefHappy Birthday to you - enjoy your special day at sea!

@RMLincoln sending positive vibes for a good outcome for your DH's surgery today.

@Cruzin Terri thinking of you as you see your doctors at the Mayo Clinic today.

A couple of things on the agenda today; DH has a chiropractor appointment this morning, hopefully the last one he'll need for a while, and late this afternoon I get a cortisone shot in my shoulder that I hope will help alleviate the pain from the torn rotator cuff.  It isn't usually bad during the day, but at night when I try to turn in bed, ouch.  

I'd like to try the drink of the day, but wouldn't sugar the rim, am pretty sure I'd enjoy the wine, and look forward to seeing today's recipes.  Because my appointment is so late in the day, we're going to stop on the way home and pick up some noodle bowls that we can enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in worry.  Cheers to all who have celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

My handwriting has never been good. I attribute that mostly to lack of coordination, but partly to the Palmer Method and, more generally, the change to roundhand script in the nineteenth century. It was intended to be more uniform (for clerks), but is contrary to human anatomy; italic script is more natural.

No idea what the soup would be, but I would like soup today. I've just rescheduled a medical appointment because of the weather. It would have been a 30-mile drive over a winding, hilly, two-lane road, and the weather is snow and freezing rain. The medical group's website accommodates rescheduling because of weather, so I didn't have to wait until the office opened.

I might like the cocktail, but probably only once. For a Cabernet Sauvignon, maybe Goose Watch. I haven't been to the UAE.

newshowercurtains.thumb.jpg.3c96e0b6f23797181223e6a1cf49d294.jpg

• Like 25
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye surgery today

Cruzin Terri’s issues with surgical wounds; going to Jacksonville today

Passing of Deb (Kindergirl), who enlisted help from CC getting her elderly parents home from AU, when they had to disembark the WC in 2020 

StLouisCruisers’ BIL with Covid, niece and twin improved

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

All in the path of storms and frigid temperatures

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim with memory issues

Tana with pulmonary issues

Atexsix’s Dear Dad now in hospice care

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday DWAliaschief (Sue)!

Happy 70th Birthday smitty34877 (Terry)!

Vmax1700’s DW feeling better

Seagarsmoker getting a new job!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Regatta Jan 25 to Feb 8 )14d NZ Discovery Sydney to Sydney

3 days for Tupper10 (Rotterdam Jan 26 to Feb 4) 9d Southern Caribbean

6 days for 0106 (Oosterdam Jan 29 to Feb 20) - celebrating her birthday on board, 22d SA & Antarctica

7 days for summer slope (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

7 days for Sharon in AZ (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

7 days for Quartzsite Cruiser (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

7 days for Dfish (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, with Sue

Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to Feb 4, 21d PC Sunfarer & Southern Caribbean Seafarer),Ottahand7 (Eurodam to Feb 24 B2B2B2B2B Caribbean), Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl(Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Cruise), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

@MISTER 67 heading to the ABC Islands on the Equinox for 9 days Feb 15

• Like 21

Today’s Care List:

Passing of Deb (Kindergirl), who enlisted help from CC getting her elderly parents home from AU, when they had to disembark the WC in 2020 

From the Rotation:

2 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Regatta Jan 25 to Feb 8 )14d NZ Discovery Sydney to Sydney

6 days for 0106 (Oosterdam Jan 29 to Feb 20) - celebrating her birthday on board, 22d SA & Antarctica

Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to Feb 4, 21d PC Sunfarer & Southern Caribbean Seafarer),Ottahand7 (Eurodam to Feb 24 B2B2B2B2B Caribbean), Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl(Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Cruise), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Delete

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 3

Today’s Care List:

From the Rotation:

@MISTER 67 heading to the ABC Islands on the Equinox for 9 days Feb 15

• Like 3

By golly, I used my decoder ring in an attempt to figure out what “Joh” was that coincides with Handwriting Day!

Today is John Hancock’s birthday!

And now I know that my trusty ring is not just meant for wine. 😎

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 17

Good morning. Safe travels to those on the road this morning. We are right at freezing but had some slippery stuff for the commute. Still waiting to hear from my DD who is in office today with a 45 minute commute. 

Happy birthday to @DWAliaschiefand @smitty34877

hope the doctors can help @RMLincolnand @Cruzin Territoday since they both had a long drive to get help.

quiet day here for us. I am setting up a Roku device in a bit on the tv we use most. DH will head to our other DD’s house to take a toilet apart once the roads thaw. Wishing everyone a good day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

By golly, I used my decoder ring in an attempt to figure out what “Joh” was that coincides with Handwriting Day!

Today is John Hancock’s birthday!

And now I know that my trusty ring is not just meant for wine. 😎

Good sleuthing! Thanks

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

I slept in this morning as it was pretty late when I finally fell asleep last night.  Then I woke up every hour.  Not a good night.  We did get Christmas put away yesterday.  The last tree is down, the wreaths are down, the lights are down outside, and the Christmas knick knacks are all put away.  The suitcase is out and ready to fill.  We'll work on that today as the weather is not conducive to being out.  Schools are all closed in anticipation.  It is supposed to snow all day and possibly glaze a little with ice depending on the temperatures outside.  Currently, it is 33F.  

@smitty34877

HappyBirthday1.thumb.jpeg.31c3cee7e3279c263834dfeaa2c027c4.jpeg

@DWAliaschief

HappyBirthday3.jpg.0da993226179bb9fa3bbcbfa43fcfa48.jpg

I hope both of you ladies have a fantastic day today.   

Today's meal would be a good one for today if I had the ingredients.  Instead, we are having fish and roasted veggies.  I would make this soup without the carrots sometime.  Maybe when we get home after our cruise.  We'll still have some cold weather.  Here's one for the slow cooker, but I'm sure it can be done stovetop as well.   https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/263085/spaghetti-lovers-soup/

spaghettiloverssoup1.thumb.jpg.a4d64a7d7d334b99f1e702f688636c6d.jpg

A little different seasoning in this recipe and lots of good ideas for tweaking the recipe to your specific tastes.   https://www.southernplate.com/spaghetti-lovers-soup/

spaghettiloverssoup2.jpg.4a0ccff81ef19878e1b0e5691543e588.jpg

@Cruzin Terri  Safe travels today.  Hopefully the spots on your legs will be easily cared for.  

@RMLincoln Healing thoughts to Richard for his surgery today.   

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

And I just got word the DD made it safely to work. She travels highway 401 which is a major commercial route east from here and well taken care of on winter. She says the worst part was their driveway and the parking lot at work.

• Like 26

@smitty34877Happy Birthday and glad you are going  out to dinner. I hope the weather is okay for that. Be safe with the freezing rain/snow/sleet combo today.

@DWAliaschief  Happy Birthday and enjoy your fabulous cruise.

@RMLincoln thinking of your DH's surgery today. I hope it resolves all of his issues and he doesn't have to use the drops anymore which cause him the awful itching.

@Cruzin Terri  Safe travels and I hope the doctors today can take care of the issue so you can go on your cruise.  I wish you could find local doctors but it seems to be happening all over the south that doctors are going to concierge practices. We also refuse to pay the outrageous fees to see a doctor.  

Our weather has finally warmed up today. I don't have much on the agenda, just work and a hair appointment.  My DH cracked a tooth on some popcorn but the dentist said he was fine to travel and will get a new crown when we get home. The cost of this is $$$ - even with a dental plan.  

Thank you all for the daily.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Being just a bit further north than @StLouisCruisers, we are at 39 degrees, very cloudy, and it is raining lightly.  Furnando is on the desk next to me, knocking things off as he finds them.  Ahh cats.  There are no birds in the feeder so I am the next best thing to be with.

DH says that his leg is really bothering him, so I need to wake him at 9 to call the doc this morning.  Grocery shopping is going to be mandatory today, so it's lunch out. 

We had a chat with the vet assistant on what to do with the feral cat Bubbles.  Either massive surgery or let time heal him.  DH asked for a pill that would calm the cat before we bring him in, and they said that we needed to bring him in to get weighed before they can give him a pill so that they don't under dose or overdose him.  i'll go with time, and if there is no improvement, in a couple of weeks I'll just take him in.  He does need antibiotics.  So must apply. 

Back to Rome (as I have not been to the port of day)

Once we settled into the hotel, we wandered a bit around the area, but we were both very tired, we found a place for dinner.  Our first meal in Italy was pizza and a salad, and bottled water, and we pretty much ate here for every meal.

IMG_0575.thumb.JPG.5d16dbff180bfbcd3554a9b13e2236fb.JPG

After we ate, we went back to the hotel (the restaurant was just around the corner from the hotel) and slept for 16 hours straight.  This was the night that I realized that our room was haunted.  I woke around 3 am to see a green light covering the ceiling,  I think I may have said a bleep word, and the light disappeared and shattered into a thousand little green dots, and I was bleeping again, but DH slept through all my bleeps, and i had a hard time explaining the next morning what I saw.  Since our window faced a wall, and the light was coming from behind the bed, which was nowhere near the window, it was impossible that it was lights from the outside.  There was one other incident in the room, but I didn't feel threatened and if ghosts want to wander around in a hotel, I'm OK with that.

The next day, we got up and started out wandering.  First stop was Plaza Navona, and the fountains!

IMG_0454.thumb.JPG.e3f8fbbffd3a8c1b1d468b7c451200e2.JPG

IMG_0458.thumb.JPG.f7d841c6653a45dd59f7f1c66d50821a.JPG

We stopped in a church that was open and enjoyed a few minutes out of the sun. Unfortunately there was going to be an event at the church, and it was going to close in 3 minutes, so we basically did a quick walk around, got a few pictures and went back out to the Plaza, Piazza...

IMG_0461.thumb.JPG.3ef51d5450fd0faad310dd80fc6d5a5e.JPG IMG_0462.thumb.JPG.b6f093e1e495a9b52e690ab17cc64543.JPG

IMG_0464.thumb.JPG.9f0e4fb88bd1771127ad09fe77768734.JPG

The plaza had filled with people, it was getting close to lunch so we headed out of the piazza towards the museum of Rome.  I had read that they had a great restaurant. Thought I would try some lasagna. 

IMG_0466.thumb.JPG.8fe0f751432567fdf68031b9d0208536.JPG

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Dailyites from a rather dismal Central Texas morning. 

My prayers were said earlier, but thinking of our Tana and baby Murphy, and all going through stress and pain.

Our friend Ron was back in ER yesterday afternoon with tremendous pain. He was given an IV treatment for the pain, a CT scan, bloodwork, and at 11:45 last night he was in line for an MRI. Please keep him in prayer. He is a 35 year retired LTC helicopter Army veteran, has leukemia, dementia, Parkinson's and now going thru this. Thank you for prayers. 

Today is a watching the rain fall day. Making a pork roast and reading Killing Witches by Bill O'Reilly. 

Blessings 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5