If you were planning to do a longer Caribbean cruise, which ship would you pick?

kaz828

So is the ship experience what you are sailing for or is it the ports?  Because if it's the ship, then read reviews, look at videos of ship tours, and any other activities.  If for the ports, just get whatever cabin you want and enjoy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Seems we feel the same way about E-class balconies!!!!👍

We've only done one sailing on an E-Class, Edge in February 2020.  I just did not like the Retreat experience onboard.  I missed having a bar I could sit at in the Retreat Lounge.  I don't think we said 10 words to the Retreat Concierge's the whole time as they were always tucked away in their corner.  

When/if prices ever become reasonable again, we may try one of the newer Edge Class ships but in the mean time, given a choice -- S-Class is the way I would go. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Seems we feel the same way about E-class balconies!!!!👍

There is More to dislike on e class than just the open window rooms 😉
Also wouldnt  do a Caribbean cruise 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

Would do a E class ship in a heart beat.  Theater and production shows are better, more menu options in the MDR, better Sunset bar on Beyond and Ascent is large and more covered seating, late night shows in Eden are great, seems to be a lot of new daytime activities.

• Like 2

I personally would pick Eclipse, starting with the 10-night Boston to Fort Lauderdale sailing departing on Oct 11, 2024, and doing a B2B with the 7-night St. Marteen & Puerto Plata sailing departing on Oct 21, 2024. As per your request, it is a longer 17 night cruise, visiting both Southern and Eastern Caribbean.

Happy planning!

39 minutes ago, tjunmin said:

I personally would pick Eclipse, starting with the 10-night Boston to Fort Lauderdale sailing departing on Oct 11, 2024, and doing a B2B with the 7-night St. Marteen & Puerto Plata sailing departing on Oct 21, 2024. As per your request, it is a longer 17 night cruise, visiting both Southern and Eastern Caribbean.

Happy planning!

Flying up to Boston in late September 30th to take the 11 night Eclipse Canadian sailing!! Only S-class ship we haven't sailed on.  

1 minute ago, Loracpin2 said:

Flying up to Boston in late September 30th to take the 11 night Eclipse Canadian sailing!! Only S-class ship we haven't sailed on.  

OP asked about Caribbean sailings. But sure, why not do a B2B2B, starting in Boston, doing Canada, southern Caribbean and then Eastern Caribbean? lol

We leave in a few days on Beyond for an 11 night Panama Canal. We are in a Sunset View cabin that we sailed in a year ago. We can't afford a suite and won't do an IV again. E class is nice, but our favorite ship is Reflection and we'll probably stick with S class going forward.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

Any ship except E class. S class for the ship, M class for better storage.

If storage is important to you, do not do a sky suite on a Revolutionized M-class.  We found the storage abysmal in our Sky Suite on Millennium.