Different classes question

We have booked a verandah on silhouette.  Friends are contemplating a penthouse…what is the chance we could eat with them in their penthouse/luminae?  Is it zero???? Of course, I know they can eat with us in the MDR…just trying to understand the full picture.

I once got an upgrade to a suite and my friends were in a veranda.  They were not allowed to join me in Luminae.  It's been a few years, though, and I've heard the rules are flexible now.  Maybe it depends on the mood of the check-in host.

Posted (edited)

My understanding is suite guests can invite non-suite guests to join them in Luminae on a space available basis per the maitre d, and the non-suite guests must pay a fee.  Don't know about penthouse stateroom dining privileges.  Perhaps others can confirm.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

SI’m here’s a twist…can we swap kids for adult?  We have very well behaved 16 year olds who have eaten solo on a cruise while parents were busy (Disney)

.) Not a huge deal just want to know what to expect.

Swap them for adults how? I don't know what you're asking.

Your friends can buy you the Celebrity Privilege Pass that allows you to eat with them in Luminae and hang our with them in the Retreat and on the Retreat sundeck. I think it's $100 pp. (of course you would reimburse them, lol).

4 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

We have booked a verandah on silhouette.  Friends are contemplating a penthouse…what is the chance we could eat with them in their penthouse/luminae?  Is it zero???? Of course, I know they can eat with us in the MDR…just trying to understand the full picture.

Passengers in Luminae can pay for guests to share meals with them. It’s supposed to be on a space available basis, so you may not be able to do it every night, but maybe once in a while will work for you.

4 hours ago, kaysha2004 said:

I once got an upgrade to a suite and my friends were in a veranda.  They were not allowed to join me in Luminae.  It's been a few years, though, and I've heard the rules are flexible now.  Maybe it depends on the mood of the check-in host.

If you wanted them to join you for free, that rule has not changed. Suite guests can pay for friends to dine with them in Luminae, however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

SI’m here’s a twist…can we swap kids for adult?  We have very well behaved 16 year olds who have eaten solo on a cruise while parents were busy (Disney)

I don’t understand the question. Can you elaborate please

Just now, cruisestitch said:

Glad I'm not the only one...that's why I deleted my post...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sofietucker said:

Your friends can buy you the Celebrity Privilege Pass that allows you to eat with them in Luminae and hang our with them in the Retreat and on the Retreat sundeck. I think it's $100 pp. (of course you would reimburse them, lol).

That is $100 pp/pd for non-suite passengers traveling with an upper suite to get Retreat privileges including dining in Luminae and use of Retreat Lounge and sun deck.  If your friends book the PH they can inquire with the Shoreside Concierge if the package would be available to purchase for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Sounds like they have a kid with them and want to substitute a adult friend at dinner in place of the kid.

9 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Swap them for adults how? I don't know what you're asking.

13 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I think we’ve decided it probably wouldn’t work.  They were wondering if we could send the teenagers to eat elsewhere and join them in their suite.  Understandably, part of the allure for them is in suite dining.  It’s only a 4 night cruise so it comes down to spending time with them and if they are suite guests and we are not they’d have to give up all the benefits of their stateroom category to hang with us. Thank you for the input and I apologize for the unclear nature of my follow up question.  They asked it, I jumped on super fast to ask and then didn’t come back….

13 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

No you can't swap out suite guests for friends. You need to pay for the friends

Just got off cruise last month.

Per my TA and confirmed with Shoreside Concierge, Celebrity is no longer selling Retreat Passes.  We could pay though a set per person fee if our friends wanted to join us in Luminae for breakfast or dinner.  There did not seem to be a limitation of number of times we could do this. (Not 100 percent certain on this.)  We were sailing in an RS for this latest cruise.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Sounds like they have a kid with them and want to substitute a adult friend at dinner in place of the kid.

So, let me think——— They book a suite and want to have an adult eat with them in place of their child . Correct ??

Ok then— How about this :

If they can afford the suite, just pay for their friends to join them in Laminae OR get in line at GR  behind the people removing the gratuities and ask if they can swap 1 child for 2 adults in Laminae OR eat every meal with them in their Penthouse suite.

Other than that, the best option would be to speak to the Maitre’d and perhaps a few $$ ( US ) will help ?? 
( No lecture on “ bribing “ please )

• Haha 1

Penthouse has a large dining table , could just host them there . My sister had a sky suite and invited her three children and spouses and three grandchildren to Luminae, not all on same night , they just needed to check with Luminae then pay extra.

5 minutes ago, jcpc said:

You can eat every meal with them in the Penthouse, if that's what you all desire.  It would be served by their butler.

Would they charge us for that?  For my own budgeting I’d want to know and pay my share if you will.

2 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Would they charge us for that?  For my own budgeting I’d want to know and pay my share if you will.

Probably zero since they are in the PH and can order what and how much they want 😁

10 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Whether or not, they charge you for it, you should generously tip the Butler who serves it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Since they're in a PH, no problem with them having you join them for dinner in Luminae.  Dinner is $36 pp ($30 + 20%).  Either party can pay and a bill will be presented.  

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 1