he Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 9th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning from a wet 46°F NE England.

Thank you for today's FR&D.

3 interesting days and quote.

I will give today's food a rest.

Prayers for good health for all dailyites.

I have a skin cancer check up later.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

A little video from our Fjord's cruise June 2023 of what we all love to do.

Screenshot_20240409_111403.jpg

Thanks for the video!!  Can't wait to see this from the Rotterdam in July!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning. Anniversary and birthday greetings going out to those celebrating. 

Posting early today since we will be without power from 9 am to 1 pm for work on our section of the grid here in the city. So I am off grocery shopping shortly to an unaffected portion of the city. I do hope we are back on by 1 pm since we invited friends for dinner and I am making a slow roasted leg of lamb that needs to go in by 1 pm. I prepped everything else, except the mashed potatoes, yesterday.

another beautiful morning here but rain moving in later today and supposedly hanging around the rest of the week.

Edited by superoma
  • Like 32

Good morning, everyone!  

@luvteaching

HappyBirthday1.thumb.jpeg.0b2dc2e982caacfbc06ea524cd40d1c7.jpeg

@ger_77

Anniversary.jpg.0a3ef5de0dcba6bde4c038b1f05a6e99.jpg

What a day yesterday.  Traffic was heavy to and from Toledo, but we made it with time to spare to see the eclipse.  We got off the highway and took back roads into town and that helped.  Unfortunately, others discovered our back road route for the trip home and even though we waited several hours after the event, roads were clogged.  A 2.5 hour trip took us a little over 4 hours.  But, it was totally worth it.  

Nothing is on the agenda for today.  I may go to the gym and I may not.  After yesterday's events, I want a day of rest.  

Now, for dinner.  We actually had the broccoli and egg muffins a few weeks ago, so I looked for some variations of egg muffins.  The first one is very adaptable and you can make up a bunch and have them ready in the fridge for a busy morning.   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/278443/easy-breakfast-egg-muffins/

breakfasteggmuffin1.png.86209128197c998840edacbadd5cdc8e.png

I wish I had one of those right now!   This next one has bell peppers, tomatoes and cheese.  Sundried tomatoes would be great in these!  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/egg-muffins-recipe/

breakfasteggmuffin2.thumb.jpg.164f130a57d5f497502ab5a21db2eff7.jpg

This last one has bacon in it.  Who can resist bacon?   Mmmm  https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/breakfast-egg-muffins/

breakfasteggmuffin3.thumb.png.949fb7e87ad040363c3939f29f262e16.png

I hope this gives you all a great idea for breakfast!  I like to start the day out with some protein and these low-carb muffins are the way to go for me!

Hoping this finds you all well and wishing  you a wonderful day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 17

2 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!  

@luvteaching

HappyBirthday1.thumb.jpeg.0b2dc2e982caacfbc06ea524cd40d1c7.jpeg

@ger_77

Anniversary.jpg.0a3ef5de0dcba6bde4c038b1f05a6e99.jpg

What a day yesterday.  Traffic was heavy to and from Toledo, but we made it with time to spare to see the eclipse.  We got off the highway and took back roads into town and that helped.  Unfortunately, others discovered our back road route for the trip home and even though we waited several hours after the event, roads were clogged.  A 2.5 hour trip took us a little over 4 hours.  But, it was totally worth it.  

Nothing is on the agenda for today.  I may go to the gym and I may not.  After yesterday's events, I want a day of rest.  

Now, for dinner.  We actually had the broccoli and egg muffins a few weeks ago, so I looked for some variations of egg muffins.  The first one is very adaptable and you can make up a bunch and have them ready in the fridge for a busy morning.   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/278443/easy-breakfast-egg-muffins/

breakfasteggmuffin1.png.86209128197c998840edacbadd5cdc8e.png

I wish I had one of those right now!   This next one has bell peppers, tomatoes and cheese.  Sundried tomatoes would be great in these!  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/egg-muffins-recipe/

breakfasteggmuffin2.thumb.jpg.164f130a57d5f497502ab5a21db2eff7.jpg

This last one has bacon in it.  Who can resist bacon?   Mmmm  https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/breakfast-egg-muffins/

breakfasteggmuffin3.thumb.png.949fb7e87ad040363c3939f29f262e16.png

I hope this gives you all a great idea for breakfast!  I like to start the day out with some protein and these low-carb muffins are the way to go for me!

Hoping this finds you all well and wishing  you a wonderful day!

Debbie, I'm glad you made it in time to see the eclipse.  I'm not surprised about the traffic.  Thanks for finding some variations on the egg muffins.

Lenda

• Like 26

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning from a wet 46°F NE England.

Thank you for today's FR&D.

3 interesting days and quote.

I will give today's food a rest.

Prayers for good health for all dailyites.

I have a skin cancer check up later.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

A little video from our Fjord's cruise June 2023 of what we all love to do.

Screenshot_20240409_111403.jpg

Thanks Graham, I appreciate it when you give the reasons for certain days, I had no idea what Jenkin’s Ear day was about, I thought it was maybe some kind of a disease .

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone.   Thanks for the daily and the maps Jacqui and Roy.  Nice to see some ships heading east for the Europe season.   I will pass on the cocktail and the muffins, maybe with some bacon instead.  Another winner in the wine department.   Thanks for researching these each day. A good quote. I have many photos of Denali park on my laptop but we are on the road so will share later maybe. 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.   Prayers for everyone needing them, Tana and those in war zones through no fault of their own Ukraine and the Innocents in Gaza.  

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

We had a 95% view of the eclipse.   We had a wide viewing area in the church parking lot.  My talk went well though many had bailed out to go elsewhere to watch the eclipse.  I agree the coverage was overblown but it was kind of a happy break from politics.  We headed south and made it to the hotel by dinner time.  A quiet day of shopping, something I never do but my turtle neck sweaters are past their time. A nice dinner at their steak house tonight.  

@aliaschief I can almost smell that meat market from hear.  The Halal section in D.C. grocery stores were enough for me.  Have a lovely day everyone! Nancy 

• Like 32

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I had to look up Jenkins Ear Day ... ouch!!  I love elephants, and feel sorry for poor Jumbo being paraded around like that.  I'll cherish the antique I'm married to.

Thank you for the anniversary wishes, it's hard to believe it's been 47 years that we've been together.  As I said on my FB post this morning, things have been better, they've been worse; we've been richer and we've been poorer, but through it all we've loved and laughed, and we are truly blessed.  Here we are in all our finery at our tiny wedding in my in-law's living room (only 18 in attendance).

47years.thumb.jpg.9f70275b2b5f454239724e30b53915a0.jpg

@luvteaching I know today is a bittersweet day for you as you celebrate your birthday and also it should have been your 47th wedding anniversary.  I hope the memories of the years and times you shared will bring you some comfort.  Sending you hugs across the miles.

@grapau27good luck at your skin cancer check-up today.

@rafinmdI hope the cardiologist appointment meant things were on an even keel for you.

@Quartzsite Cruiserhoping all goes well for DH's CT scan today.

This morning we are heading out to a lovely restaurant by the river called Scarlet where we've gone - with the exception of the 2 Covid years, and the 2 when we were in Japan - every year on our anniversary.  When we were working, we'd both take the day off, go for breakfast and enjoy watching all the people going by as they were headed off to work while we were relaxing with a nicely served breakfast and coffee.   Looking at the memories section of FB, on this day in 2012 and 2016 we were in Tokyo - the first time so I could officiate our son's wedding, and the second so that the Japanese grandparents could meet their first grandchild.  Great memories of both experiences.

I'd love to try the drink, but bet that bartenders wouldn't enjoy making it - they want to do it quick and easy, while this takes "less than 5 minutes" which in bartending minutes is a long time!  I'll pass on the wine, but do enjoy broccoli and cheese egg muffins.  The kitchen is closed in our house today, so we'll be enjoying something delicious that is prepared and served by others at a lovely Greek restaurant tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Heading to Orlando thuis AM for a much needed cut and color. Then a few errands while I am there. Shopping is very limited in my area.

@luvteaching   A very Happy Birthday to you! 

@ger_77  Happy Anniversary ! May you enjoy many more

@Overhead Fred   Loved the pictures from your Anniversary party. Such a happy group!

Saw on the news yesterday that Princess has partnered with Brightline to transport passengers. They will then transfer luggage directly to ship. Sounds like a good plan. Wish HAL would do the same. Although by the time we drive to Orlando, we could be halfway to Ft Lauderdale. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites from a dark, rainy morning. Yesterday's storm was wild! We are expecting strong to severe thunderstorms with possible large hail today. 

image.png.9a16bb091e60d1a5ddb6c2e4efb89776.png

I have several antiques that I cherish (including Allen.. lol) 

I suspect Jumbo day is for the elephant, not jumbo shrimp,  crayons, etc. 

I have no plans on what to make for dinner, but there's plenty of things in the fridge I can turn into a meal.

Prayers to all on the Daily, family and friends, and our veterans.

Sending you a basketful of blessings!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I had to look up Jenkins Ear Day ... ouch!!  I love elephants, and feel sorry for poor Jumbo being paraded around like that.  I'll cherish the antique I'm married to.

Thank you for the anniversary wishes, it's hard to believe it's been 47 years that we've been together.  As I said on my FB post this morning, things have been better, they've been worse; we've been richer and we've been poorer, but through it all we've loved and laughed, and we are truly blessed.  Here we are in all our finery at our tiny wedding in my in-law's living room (only 18 in attendance).

47years.thumb.jpg.9f70275b2b5f454239724e30b53915a0.jpg

@luvteaching I know today is a bittersweet day for you as you celebrate your birthday and also it should have been your 47th wedding anniversary.  I hope the memories of the years and times you shared will bring you some comfort.  Sending you hugs across the miles.

@grapau27good luck at your skin cancer check-up today.

@rafinmdI hope the cardiologist appointment meant things were on an even keel for you.

@Quartzsite Cruiserhoping all goes well for DH's CT scan today.

This morning we are heading out to a lovely restaurant by the river called Scarlet where we've gone - with the exception of the 2 Covid years, and the 2 when we were in Japan - every year on our anniversary.  When we were working, we'd both take the day off, go for breakfast and enjoy watching all the people going by as they were headed off to work while we were relaxing with a nicely served breakfast and coffee.   Looking at the memories section of FB, on this day in 2012 and 2016 we were in Tokyo - the first time so I could officiate our son's wedding, and the second so that the Japanese grandparents could meet their first grandchild.  Great memories of both experiences.

I'd love to try the drink, but bet that bartenders wouldn't enjoy making it - they want to do it quick and easy, while this takes "less than 5 minutes" which in bartending minutes is a long time!  I'll pass on the wine, but do enjoy broccoli and cheese egg muffins.  The kitchen is closed in our house today, so we'll be enjoying something delicious that is prepared and served by others at a lovely Greek restaurant tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Lovely photo.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Computer says it's 59 degrees with heavy rain.  Well it was raining heavily when I got up at 7:45, it was raining heavily when I went out to feed the stray cats. Now, it's not raining at all.  Oh, look, the computer now says Cloudy.

I am sure that for those who saw the eclipse yesterday in the cone of certainty, it was spectacular, for us it was just a dimmer day.  But all the hype was also used to point out that we are all human, and that we can as Americans can join together regardless of our political affiliation.  And then I saw the googly news today, and lost that euphoric patriotic feeling.

We did not go for our taco fix yesterday as the man who will repair the driveway called and came by to verify his original quote.  They will tear up the driveway and repour concrete on Saturday. The hole in the driveway is now about a foot deep.  And each time it rains, it washes out more red clay, and it goes down the street to the closest storm drain.

It seems that the majority of strays have moved on.  This morning I only had 3 again, not the usual 7 that we have had for 3 months.  It was just Chumley, Collard Greens, and Clown. Both Chumley and Clown had apparently slept in the car port, as they were not wet, but the Collard came around the corner, tired to eat all the food, and he was sopping wet.  And then he tried to fight with Chumley, and I had to chase him off. DH was hoping that we could get the Munchkin on the porch, and let her have her kittens there, but I havent seen her in more than 3 days.  We did have an odd raccoon last night show up, he played with the cat crunchies, but he didnt really eat, nor drink any water, and he was not afraid of me when I went out.  They have found a rabid raccoon in the town next to us.  I hope that this one was OK, and that it has not spread to the feral cat community.

Well off to walk the dog, get my tacos, and depositi some money in the bank. A walk in the woods wont happen today, but I can continue cleaning out things from the house. I think I will tackle the book case in the den today.  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 32

Good morning everyone from a beautiful sunny and mild Boston.  We got home late last evening so I’m having a late start today.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Pretty sure I won’t celebrate Jenkins Ear Day but I will give a nod to Jumbo and antiques.  I like the quote.  The meal suggestion sounds tasty as does the drink.  Denali was awesome when we visited in 2018.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events! 🍾

• Like 28