he Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 9th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

Thanks Graham, I appreciate it when you give the reasons for certain days, I had no idea what Jenkin’s Ear day was about, I thought it was maybe some kind of a disease .

I thought it generated that famous quote, “Lean me your ear”. 😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

Happy Tuesday to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Poor Jenkins and Dumbo, love antiques but don't have any, thoughtful quote, and good for Hancock!!  Pass on all of the gastronomy stuff today.  I have been to Denali several times but it was when I was on assignment in AK.  

IMG_7710.JPG.1e1802e23e511e2a95d2493fa62bad18.JPG

Yesterday it just got a tad darker and inside it seemed like it was early morning.  But I watched it on my computer - amazing!!  I decided to take the whole week off so I am a little off kilter.  I am a procrastinator so my fav phrase, I will do it tomorrow, has been thought by me several times so far this week.  I do have a Basic Life Support class on Friday as my cert is expiring this month.  Other than that, nothing really planned.

IMG_7684.thumb.JPG.c1c4e5270f4a7afd0481ce881f3e800e.JPG

I am finally - slowly - dismantling Martina's toys, litter box and other things.  I put her gravity feeder outside and I either have a young stray or someone's outdoor cat coming to feast on the food.  I don't see a collar but who knows.  I have a picture box frame that I will put her collar, paw print and collar in - with a picture.  I hope to do that is week.

IMG_4198.thumb.JPG.49cf471f2554cdb289146e13af306979.JPG

Happy Birthday to @luvteaching and Happy Anniversary to @ger_77.  Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.  Oh!  @aliaschief I LOVE your pictures!!!  🥰   

IMG_4199.thumb.JPG.56f0b516b416425b42d53e5af445341d.JPG

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 23
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

We had a lovely anniversary in the Canaletto last night. I finally tried the Osso Bucco -

20240408_193124.thumb.jpg.2946fb045553eb27376dc6773d85ef40.jpg 

Pat, Ann, Tony, and Martha helped us celebrate -

20240408_193220.thumb.jpg.f86a64f3a746778f53700c511012c80c.jpg

And we got a nice cake - we shared, of course!

20240408_202106.thumb.jpg.c7c0885ac710a2c9ac1f73133603ec11.jpg

Very nice photos and congratulations! We dined there just over a week ago and it was all I could do to hold back the tears when I saw the photos!  🥲🥲🥲🥲

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 15

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

Pear Martini combines muddled fresh pears and pear vodka into a cocktail shaker that’s ready in less than 5 minutes! It’s a crisp, refreshing and delicately sweet cocktail recipe that celebrates the flavors of fall and winter – and perfect for entertaining!

Ingredients
Scale

½ fresh ripe pear, diced
2 oz pear vodka
1 oz fresh lemon juice
½–1 oz simple syrup
Ice
Pear Slices
Instructions
Muddle pear: Dice up ½ of the pear and add to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the pear together until it’s released its juices and is mashed.
Shake: Add in the pear vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Add in 1 cup of ice and shake the drink for 20-30 seconds.
Strain: Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a pear slice.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 6.22.21 AM.png

Very nice but prefer lemon drop martini when lemons are in season! Which of course is 24/7/365!

• Like 12

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

If anyone is wondering why I have been separating topics and not combining topics. I’m trying to pad my post numbers. At the current rate I should reach 10,000 when we have the next full eclipse in the US in 2045!

• Like 7
  • Haha 16

We visited Denali 🏔️May 2022; of course, it was beautiful! We hiked some, there was quite a bit of snow and patches of ice that prevented us from going too far, but it was a bucket list item for DH and did not disappoint. We had a beautiful blue sky day, so it was lovely. No pictures as they're on my computer - I look forward to seeing what fellow Dailyites post.

It was 61° headed to stormy 70° when I checked 2 hours ago.

Lovely picture @ger_77 you look so happy.

HR has scheduled a call w/me this morning and boss has an OOO posted 🤷‍♀️ let's see who shows.

Don't know what dinner will be, but whatever it is will be a joy to prep and clean up - the new faucet is wonderful!! Can't put anything away under the sink yet as the plumber didn't use a towel or bucket so all the water from the old one poured out and the base is still wet. Ugh. But I'm thrilled w/the faucet.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240409_072912.thumb.jpg.28a4fc8bfb141e26eb12dce089211b14.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all! 
A special shout out to Vanessa who keeps such amazing lists, in spite of dealing with such health issues,  hugs!  

@erewhon glad you had a good anniversary!  Even though I am confused when you said yesterday,  it was yesterday.  We have friends in Australia and by the time we realize it’s their birthdays, they’re over.  either way hope it was lovely! 

So many anniversaries in April, we also agree it’s a good time to get married!  Wishing @ger_77 Maurice and Geri a very happy 47 th, love the photo!  And love that you know where you were for all of them.

@luvteaching sending you extra gentle hugs as you celebrate your birthday and what would have been your 47 th anniversary!  Hoping good memories comfort you!

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

If anyone is wondering why I have been separating topics and not combining topics. I’m trying to pad my post numbers. At the current rate I should reach 10,000 when we have the next full eclipse in the US in 2045!

Please no!   Much better to get a legitimate count from your usually high quality posts.  🥹😂😉.  Plus our friends in the west and down under don’t have to wade through so many posts.  

We enjoyed watching the eclipse coverage as the pinhole box didn’t work here.  Many places in Canada experienced totality. So it was pretty cool to see it turning dark and that light again.

DSC_1838.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning to all.  Thanks to everyone who contributes on a regular basis, it is an integral part of my morning as I have my coffee.  @ger_77 happy anniversary, great wedding photo.   I don't normally write, but since I actually have a picture I thought I would post.  We went on a HAL Land Sea cruise in May 2022, and it was wonderful.  Spent 3 nights at McKinley Lodge, explored the park, and took the train down to Whittier with an overnight stop in Anchorage.  Then onto the N Amsterdam for the trip down the coast to Vancouver.  Photo is Mt Denali taken from the train on way south.

Denali 2022.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, all! Broccoli and cheese egg muffins sound good, but more like  brunch than dinner. We’ve been to Alaska many times, but never done the overland to Denali.Yesterday was raining here, so no glimpse of the partial eclipse we might have seen. @smitty34877 when we did have a solar eclipse visible,here a couple of years ago, the colander trick was my favorite viewing method. I don’t know why it works, but it’s impressive! Because of the rain, we had the day off from yard work. We went to Vancouver island for supplies and plumbing parts. We also had lunch out. It was a good day. Happy Anniversary @ger_77 and Maurice. May there be many more!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
A special shout out to Vanessa who keeps such amazing lists, in spite of dealing with such health issues,  hugs!  

@erewhon glad you had a good anniversary!  Even though I am confused when you said yesterday,  it was yesterday.  We have friends in Australia and by the time we realize it’s their birthdays, they’re over.  either way hope it was lovely! 

So many anniversaries in April, we also agree it’s a good time to get married!  Wishing @ger_77 Maurice and Geri a very happy 47 th, love the photo!  And love that you know where you were for all of them.

@luvteaching sending you extra gentle hugs as you celebrate your birthday and what would have been your 47 th anniversary!  Hoping good memories comfort you!

Please no!   Much better to get a legitimate count from your usually high quality posts.  🥹😂😉.  Plus our friends in the west and down under don’t have to wade through so many posts.  

We enjoyed watching the eclipse coverage as the pinhole box didn’t work here.  Many places in Canada experienced totality. So it was pretty cool to see it turning dark and that light again.

DSC_1838.jpeg

Boy, now my post are “High Quality”. Flattery will get you anything you want!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

You are welcome.

The Fjord's are wonderful.

Here are a few more I hope you like.

Graham.

Thank you for all your zen aft balcony wake videos.  Very relaxing!

12 minutes ago, P&PNH said:

Good Morning to all.  Thanks to everyone who contributes on a regular basis, it is an integral part of my morning as I have my coffee.  @ger_77 happy anniversary, great wedding photo.   I don't normally write, but since I actually have a picture I thought I would post.  We went on a HAL Land Sea cruise in May 2022, and it was wonderful.  Spent 3 nights at McKinley Lodge, explored the park, and took the train down to Whittier with an overnight stop in Anchorage.  Then onto the N Amsterdam for the trip down the coast to Vancouver.  Photo is Mt Denali taken from the train on way south.

Denali 2022.jpg

Thanks for the great photo!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser thank you for your very nice photo of Mt. Denali, too.

Gerry @ger_77 I loved the wedding photo today.  What great memories it must bring back.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good morning,

At the risk of not missing someone THANK YOU everyone for all the good wishes! I'm doing ok today, so far, and hopefully it will continue. Yesterday DS surprised me by baking a birthday cake for me from scratch - his first ever! It's German Chocolate and looks totally decadent. When a friend comes for tea later we'll have a bite or two. The top says "Happy Someteen" which goes back to last year when DD DH was in the hospital on this day. I went in and he greeted me with Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. I asked how many years we'd been married and he could tell me 46 but when I asked how old I was her got a bewildered look and said "umpteen". It's become a favorite memory for me. 

Yesterday our sister-in-law passed away after a mighty struggle with brain and breast cancer. She went peacefully in her sleep which is good. She was at home and went downhill quickly this weekend. She was married to my DD DH's brother. She did beautiful quilting and we all have quilts to remember her by. 

Have a wonderful day! I'm heading out to lunch with DS and DDIL at Olive Garden this afternoon and looking forward to that. 

Karen

Image(16).thumb.jpeg.34f6161afc09af4d1bed7b61209dad4e.jpeg

Image1(8).thumb.jpeg.fb3a1918e73f744afee5d6eeff640706.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning,

At the risk of not missing someone THANK YOU everyone for all the good wishes! I'm doing ok today, so far, and hopefully it will continue. Yesterday DS surprised me by baking a birthday cake for me from scratch - his first ever! It's German Chocolate and looks totally decadent. When a friend comes for tea later we'll have a bite or two. The top says "Happy Someteen" which goes back to last year when DD DH was in the hospital on this day. I went in and he greeted me with Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. I asked how many years we'd been married and he could tell me 46 but when I asked how old I was her got a bewildered look and said "umpteen". It's become a favorite memory for me. 

Yesterday our sister-in-law passed away after a mighty struggle with brain and breast cancer. She went peacefully in her sleep which is good. She was at home and went downhill quickly this weekend. She was married to my DD DH's brother. She did beautiful quilting and we all have quilts to remember her by. 

Have a wonderful day! I'm heading out to lunch with DS and DDIL at Olive Garden this afternoon and looking forward to that. 

Karen

Image(16).thumb.jpeg.34f6161afc09af4d1bed7b61209dad4e.jpeg

Image1(8).thumb.jpeg.fb3a1918e73f744afee5d6eeff640706.jpeg

Karen, your cake truly does look decadent!  Your DS did a great job making it from scratch.  I hope you enjoy it.

I'm sorry to hear about your DSIL passing away.  She must have gone through quite a lot battling brain and breast cancer.  The quilts are a lovely legacy to leave behind.  

Enjoy your lunch at Olive Garden!

• Like 17

Good morning all!

We're slowly adjusting to being home again -- although I admit many times I have to stop to remember what season it is.  So strange to spend 3 months with "summer-early fall" weather and to see pumpkins growing there when it's only early spring here and the tulips are just now blooming.  We're having typical April weather here and of course couldn't see any of the eclipse yesterday.  Even if we'd had clear skies it would have been only 20%.

I do cherish several antiques that were passed down to me from my grandparents.  Will pass on the meal, but the drink sounds good as does the (dry) Riesling.  We were in Denali on a Triple Denali with best friends in 2019.  Photos below.

Happy Birthday Karen @luvteaching!  I'm glad to hear that you're doing ok even though the day is bittersweet.  Also sorry to hear about your DSIL's passing.  I hate cancer!

Happy Anniversary Gerry and Maurice @ger_77!

We sent 5 postcards to the Grandsons while we were away.  They have received 4 of the 5, I'm thinking the 5th may never arrive since I sent it on January 31 😞  The rest took about 3 weeks to arrive.

Luggage Forward says our 4 bags will arrive day after tomorrow (I'm not looking forward to unpacking those!)  And the wine we bought in New Zealand (Marlborough of course!) will arrive within 10 days.  It has reached the US now.

Denali:

Denalimt.thumb.jpg.3457d07c6385ff5b64b428d3afb03d99.jpg

View from Hurricane Gulch Bridge

HurricaneGulchBridge.thumb.jpg.a505b2d24998274c2448f5df522a73dc.jpg

Moose on the loose

Denalimooseontheloose.jpg.dbc75cafdcef243df833063b67523fda.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes! We had a nice long weekend in Arizona, three days in Tucson with great Mexican food, backyard bbq, shopping at a mall (first time at a mall since < the pandemic!), gathered in Glendale cemetery with family and friends for a brief prayer and joyful Happy Birthday singing for DM’s first heavenly birthday, 4/7. Celebrated my day, 4/8 (first birthday without DM, 🥲) not watching the eclipse but enjoying the drive home to California. Birthday dinner tonight with DS and DDIL and 2 grands, 🥰.

Happy birthday to all celebrating, beautiful wedding picture, Gerry! May you have many more years together! 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

I now know exactly what time the kennel where my dogs boarded during the Grand Australia feeds their clients in the morning and I am not happy. Hopefully I can get them back on my schedule. That early morning walk in the dark was not appreciated by me. But all 8 paws hitting me as I slept certainly got me going. They were cooperative when I got them out.

Luggage forward says my 2 bags should arrive on Thursday. We will see. Unpacking is not one of my favorite things but will manage. A few things I took with me and never wore are going straight to the thrift store.

Today's main focus will be getting my tax info together. I went to the bank early this morning after that early wake up from the dogs so all deposits are in order. I am having trouble adjusting to the seasons also.... and I am amazed at how little traffic there is in Durango. Of course we are between tourist seasons but still. The one real bummer is that they are going to be working all summer on a road near me and my street will be heavily used by detouring traffic. I am sure I will survive it all.

Off to sort, toss and start on the tax stuff. And maybe sneak in a nap if the dogs will let me.

• Like 25

The meal would be OK. Once for a lunch at the synagogue, I made something similar and tried to trick everyone by using smoked cheese, so that they would taste as if they might contain bacon. Yet another pseudotini. For the wine, the Dry Riesling by J.R. Dill that I mentioned on March 28 and still have some of in the refrigerator.

I awoke to sunshine. Weather.com said that today would be the last day this week with any sun and that it would cloud over in the afternoon, so right after breakfast I headed out to Experience the Beauty of Nature. This is Taughannock Falls, the highest single-drop waterfall east of the Rockies.

Taughannock1.thumb.JPG.3a6a6630542794011c3662c213d12fe2.JPG

This is from an overlook with road access. I hope to have enough mobility by next week to take the path to the pool at the bottom of the falls, just out of view in the foreground. This was #6 of the required 10.

I also awoke to two complaining cats, but I have no idea what about. It is very rare for DaVinci to say anything; Mona Lisa is the spokescat.

Humptyhorses.thumb.jpg.6cd8df152574eab78a3ef202c13ff084.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 6

Good evening.

I was in and out of the skin cancer consultant's office in about 5 minutes.

She checked the 2 cancer removal scars on my face and said my face looked good.😃

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I was in and out of the skin cancer consultant's office in about 5 minutes.

She checked the 2 cancer removal scars on my face and said my face looked good.😃

Thanks for letting us know Graham. You should enjoy a glass of celebratory wine with Pauline!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

🎂 Beautiful gift of caring from your DS Karen, @luvteaching  May you begin an inspiring year ahead!  

🍾 Happy Anniversary celebrations Gerry and Maurice @ger_77 .  Never enough anniversaries 🥂

Blessing to all especially those in need, and happy celebrating for those with special days or good reports. Smooth travels for all away. 

Many thanks to all who make this thread happen! m—

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1