Diamond Plus drink vouchers - Perfect Day at Coco Cay

I know food is provided at Coco Cay, but drinks are charged.  Can you use Diamond Plus vouchers on key card for drinks while on the island, or can they only be redeemed while on board the ship.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Treacher1 said:

I know food is provided at Coco Cay, but drinks are charged.  Can you use Diamond Plus vouchers on key card for drinks while on the island, or can they only be redeemed while on board the ship.  Thank you!

Yes, you can use them on the island. 

• Thanks 1

One thing to be aware of; when on the island the staff have no way of electronically debiting against your C&A vouchers. They hand write tickets and reconcile with the ship at some point post departure. I only bring this up to say; mentally keep track of your drinks; when you get back to the ship you may have fewer vouchers left than the system states. 

13 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

mentally keep track of your drinks; when you get back to the ship you may have fewer vouchers left than the system states. 

LOL, I have found just the opposite, I've lost track of how many times they have not charged me for my drinks on the island.  Sometimes those written slips of paper get lost.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

LOL, I have found just the opposite, I've lost track of how many times they have not charged me for my drinks on the island.  Sometimes those written slips of paper get lost.

Same experience here. None ever showed up for us last month and it certainly wasn't the first time.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Oh, I agree completely. 

I think it’s 50/50 they even think about handwriting a ticket when you tell them it’s a voucher drink. Especially at Hideaway beach 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There have been certain bar venues on board where that has happened as well. Not lost slips, but apparent "lost track" of vouchered beverages.  Just saying....

We also always tip the bartenders with vouchered drinks.  Our drinks may be free but they are still serving them....JMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Shhhh.  Next we'll hear that our cruising experience "is enhanced" and there is a new bar system at Coco Cay.  😀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good to know 👍👍

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've lost track of how many times they have not charged me for my drinks on the island.  

I too have found this to be the case, using C&A vouchers on the island and not having them deducted  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 9:59 AM, Treacher1 said:

know food is provided at Coco Cay

You can keep it. We weren't impressed. Give me the (former) Barefoot Beach Club buffet anytime over the stuff they put out on CC. 😉

Edited by OnTheJourney