Magnetic Door Decorations

Just curious, I see this a lot on RCCL but don't remember on Celebrity and was going to get some for my Edge cruise in two weeks.  What is y'all's thoughts on magnetic cabin door decor themed for the region.  Something like these:

Sponsored Ad - Konohan 25 Pcs Alaskan Themed Fridge Magnetic Stickers Alaska Cruise Door Magnet Car Ship Magnetic Stickers...

• Like 4

Just now, jelayne said:

You will see very few doors decorated probably less than 5%. 

I guess it is like pink plastic flamingos in the front yard, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lena11033 said:

My last couple of cruises there were quite a few decorations on doors on the floor I was on. Some of them were pretty creative. 

I think they would be fun to have, just don't want to be THAT cruiser with the tacky door.  LOL

2 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I think they would be fun to have, just don't want to be THAT cruiser with the tacky door.  LOL

I guess it's same as ducks some people don't like them but my last one there were a few ducks and I found it cute. I started looking for them but it was also a good excuse to get out walking and explore.

I wish I had taken pictures now of the doors but ones I saw were all mardi gras themed due to the cruse.  They are magnets so not doing any harm by having them up I say do it. I like the picture of the Alaskan one you had up there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They don’t bother me at all…we have a cruising through life magnet, helpful after taking full advantage of the cold beverage package on board.

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

That one is quite nice and will be just fine on your door.  And fun to have at home as a memory.

2 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

That one is quite nice and will be just fine on your door.  And fun to have at home as a memory.

They have some cute ones out there from writing your name on them which I would never do, to "Caution we bought the drink package".  I like this one:

26pcs Large Cruise Door Magnets Decorations, Today's Forecast Cruising with a Chance of Drinking Door Magnetic Cruise Ship...  I found these on Amazon.

• Like 8

I like looking at them on the doors as I walk down the hallway and they can be useful to find your cabin. The ones you posted look cute. If they make you happy, you should put them up! 🙂

• Like 8

Welp, DH nixed the idea.

He said to leave the decorating to the cruise lines and said it is a cruise not a trailer park alluding to the pink flamingos.

Oh well, I still like them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I thought of doing it on our cruise, mostly to make it easy to find our door but we have a shared hallway door with another cabin.  I found a really cool tie dyed moose that I thought was totally appropriate for Alaska. 

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

Just curious, I see this a lot on RCCL but don't remember on Celebrity and was going to get some for my Edge cruise in two weeks.  What is y'all's thoughts on magnetic cabin door decor themed for the region.  Something like these:

Sponsored Ad - Konohan 25 Pcs Alaskan Themed Fridge Magnetic Stickers Alaska Cruise Door Magnet Car Ship Magnetic Stickers...

too busy...  tacky..

maybe one or just a few..

On Celeb  not a big thing..maybe a  Happy Birthday or Anniv  sign.. 

For holidays you see many more.. nicely done..esp Halloween 

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

I do laps around the decks indoors when it is hot out.

Last cruise on Deck 9 there were 2 doors decorated on the starboard side , 1 aft just had occupants names 2 decorated on port side and one with Happy Anniversary sign. 

2 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Welp, DH nixed the idea.

He said to leave the decorating to the cruise lines and said it is a cruise not a trailer park alluding to the pink flamingos.

I like your sense of humor!  It's not my thing at all, but it's your cruise and if is something you will enjoy and have fun with, go for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Welp, DH nixed the idea.

I'm with your DH.

And I don't understand the "find the cabin" thing because you still have to remember what deck you're on to even have a chance at finding it. Assuming, of course, it hasn't migrated to another door.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Door decorations for cruising are in the same category as party decorations.  Both are temporary and tend to be kind of gaudy/tacky.  Having a front yard full of plastic pink flamingos is more of a permanent display.  My view is that "temporary tacky" is fun but permanent tacky is tasteless.  Halloween costumes are like that too.  Fun but not something to wear everyday.

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I plan on decorating with magnets on both of our doors (we are next door to our two young adult children). The kids will probably roll their eyes a bit, but we are paying for it all so they can deal!

Don't care if we are the only ones, it makes me happy!

Edited by minniemouse427
  • Like 9

On my last cruise, someone had a magnet that was a white board and they'd ask a different question every day for people to leave responses.  Some examples, "what are your plans in port tomorrow?", "what is your favorite drink being served on the cruise?" etc. I actually thought that was really cool and would swing by every day to respond and read other's responses.  

• Like 8

I'm in the "do what makes you happy" and "keep it tasteful" categories.  

Very few folks seem to decorate their doors on the cruises we have done - mostly the birthday/anniversary type - but I have NEVER been bothered by any.  We don't do it, but I do glance at the doors that are decorated and some make me smile and some are forgettable, but none have a negative impact on my cruise.

I like the themed ones in the OP, but would say "some, but not all" at one time.  

And, since I have walked right past my cabin door too many times to count, a magnet or decorated door nearby would definitely help me avoid/limit the extra walking 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anastasia3939 said:

On my last cruise, someone had a magnet that was a white board and they'd ask a different question every day for people to leave responses.  Some examples, "what are your plans in port tomorrow?", "what is your favorite drink being served on the cruise?" etc. I actually thought that was really cool and would swing by every day to respond and read other's responses.  

I saw a similar idea on one of my cruises.  The white board had a quote written on it without identifying the person who said it.  People would jot down the author’s name.

• Like 2