Do you expect better service from Celebrity in the Retreat?

zitsky

I found an internet complaint.  Pax on Celebrity was sick and it took too long (hours) to get help.  Comment was “I expected better service in the Retreat.”  I did ask why they didn’t walk down to the Medical Center.

I don’t mean people in veranda cabins should be refused medical care or bathroom access.  But if you pay more for something, is it unreasonable to expect better treatment?

• Haha 2

You are paying more for better accommodations and access to Retreat staff.  The medical team is there for all and I doubt if being in retreat would get you any kind of priority there.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

I expect great treatment (and have received it), regardless of the category I book.  If I pay extra for Retreat, I expect to get the extras for which I paid.  Good treatment should not be an "extra".  I would not expect better or faster medical attention because I was staying in the Retreat.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I did ask why they didn’t walk down to the Medical Center.

Would have been a fair question.  Unless you have sustained an injury, or stricken with some other emergency that would prevent you from walking, the medical facility is a walk in service.  Other than as mentioned, they don't make house calls.  Even then they will send a medical team who will then take you to the medical center.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I found an internet complaint.  Pax on Celebrity was sick and it took too long (hours) to get help.  Comment was “I expected better service in the Retreat.”  I did ask why they didn’t walk down to the Medical Center.

I don’t mean people in veranda cabins should be refused medical care or bathroom access.  But if you pay more for something, is it unreasonable to expect better treatment?

Find it difficult to believe someone actually thought they should get better medical treatment because they are in Retreat, how arrogant of them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Years ago my husband's back went out and we were in our cabin. He couldn't move. We called medical and within minutes they were in our balcony cabin with a wheel chair and transported him to the medical facility. The service and care was amazing. I can't imagine anything less from them. 

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

Years ago my husband's back went out and we were in our cabin. He couldn't move. We called medical and within minutes they were in our balcony cabin with a wheel chair and transported him to the medical facility. The service and care was amazing. I can't imagine anything less from them. 

Absolutely. If I pay more I expect my paper cut takes priority over an inside cabin passenger with a heart attack. 🤪

Joking of course. 

• Haha 2

I expect better service for Retreat related service.

I'd expect the medical facility to follow generally accepted triage practices.

• Like 3

Sigh…

Not sure why people don’t do luxury cruises vs the nickel and dime of mass market cruises.

The economics of the luxury cruises is better.  And is the service all around…

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Sigh…

Not sure why people don’t do luxury cruises vs the nickel and dime of mass market cruises.

For us it's because even if our kids are allowed, they'll be bored out of their minds. 

The premium lines may lack some of the fun (though Sun Princess is changing that) but they at least have things available for our kids to do.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

For us it's because even if our kids are allowed, they'll be bored out of their minds. 

The premium lines may lack some of the fun (though Sun Princess is changing that) but they at least have things available for our kids to do.

Fair enough.  I get having kids on the mass market lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Sigh…

Think you are on the wrong thread, this one’s about entitled people wanting superior medical treatment as they are in Retreat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Sigh…

W recently were on the Regent Grandeur in one of the smaller cabins (actually larger than a ss on X). My wife fell by the pool. The medical team came running with doctor, staff and a wheel chair. They took her the the infirmary & gave her top notch service. 

Medical service should be top notch regardless of cruise line and category of cabin!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Sigh…

I can tell you why I don't - the motion.  I am very susceptible to motion sickness and I have always found the smaller ships (which comprises the vast majority, if not all of luxury lines) to have a lot more motion.  The larger ships also have more variety of things to do, although truth be told since I love to relax onboard I would love to sail a luxury line if they were larger.

7 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Find it difficult to believe someone actually thought they should get better medical treatment because they are in Retreat

Considering some of the posts on this forum, it's par for the course.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Sigh…

The Sigh... says it all.  

8 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Including medical care??

9 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Sigh…

We were on Oceania last October when first husband, then I, got covid. The medical staff confirmed our self-test diagnosis and provided Paxlovid. But then they pushed unnecessary treatments and ran up the bill over $5,000. Fortunately, travel insurance paid everything. But I am not sure that being on a higher-end cruise line makes the medical center experience any better. However, the delivered meals from the dining room were all delicious.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Perhaps it is the separation/segregation that leads to these unrealistic expectations.  

On my current cruise (not X)  every one is treated the same and eats in the same dining room. Excellent service for every one.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wavedance said:

We were on Oceania last October when first husband, then I, got covid. The medical staff confirmed our self-test diagnosis and provided Paxlovid. But then they pushed unnecessary treatments and ran up the bill over $5,000. Fortunately, travel insurance paid everything. But I am not sure that being on a higher-end cruise line makes the medical center experience any better. However, the delivered meals from the dining room were all delicious.

Crikey. What treatments did you receive?

8 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I can tell you why I don't - the motion.  I am very susceptible to motion sickness and I have always found the smaller ships (which comprises the vast majority, if not all of luxury lines) to have a lot more motion.  The larger ships also have more variety of things to do, although truth be told since I love to relax onboard I would love to sail a luxury line if they were larger.

What about the Virgin cruise line?