Live From Eclipse( sort of)

Lois R

9 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Ok, many thanks. From what I have read about John, hope he is still on when we are. Though, have always had great Concierges on X.

The boss is Georgios.....actually he left a message on my phone about a Meet and Greet with Sr Officers today at 5:30 In Michael's. It was a reminder call as a paper invitation arrived yesterday.

Let us know how the ferry is if you take it in Bermuda. We want to take it to Hamilton for the Harbor Lights on Wednesdays and to St. George's to go to Tobacco Bay. Curious how far ahead of time we need to be off the ship to walk there and be in line so that we can get on at the sailing we planned.

Stephanie

Good morning from The Navy Yard in Bermuda. I am in the Solarium Pool area with maybe 10 others.......it is wonderful. The ship is basically empty at this point and I will wait at least a couple of more hours before I decide to walk around the Naval Yard.

I just really have no desire to do much of anything this trip. 

I had a really good breakfast in Luminae of Classic Eggs Benedict and they came out perfect and hot too!

I have eaten breakfast in Luminae every day and my waiter has been Nolan. Good guy.

I will say, I have ordered food from both the Main dining room menus as well as the Luminae ones. Overall, the food has been good. I do have to ask them for smaller portions.....some of the servings are just too big for me.

I have also eaten lunch in Luminae but since we are docked, no lunch in there foe the next 2 or 3 days. Yesterday I walked around the Oceanview buffet to see the various items......omg it was sooooooo crowded. I think it will be less so today since so many people are off the ship.

And last night they had a meet and greet with the Sr officers in Michael's for suite guests. It was quite nice and they had a big crowd.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

@Lois R In my opinion the Oceanview Cafe is a madhouse for lunch and breakfast. I avoid it at all costs.  You should try the Spa Cafe for lunch.  I think you may like it.

Edited by jcpc

27 minutes ago, jcpc said:

@Lois R In my opinion the Oceanview Cafe is a madhouse for lunch and breakfast. I avoid it at all costs.  You should try the Spa Cafe for lunch.  I think you may like it.

Hi, I tried the Aqua Spa Cafe in previous Celebrity Life.....sometimes it was good but when I looked at the choices yesterday? Nothing appealed to me. I may end up at The Frog and The Onion in the Dockyard this afternoon.

• Like 3

Oh, something I did notice and I don't remember if it used to be this way but when I walk down the hallway to the elevator (I am all the way aft so it is along walk. ) But anyway, I notice TONS of silver containers on the floor with covers on them. I am guessing these are room service items and folks don't leave them in their cabin......and lots of of door signs too. Just observations on my part but why put that food container on the floor outside? Is this a thing now?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I tried the Aqua Spa Cafe in previous Celebrity Life.....sometimes it was good but when I looked at the choices yesterday? Nothing appealed to me. I may end up at The Frog and The Onion in the Dockyard this afternoon.

Aqua Spa Cafe menu has been stripped down since the last time you cruised with Celebrity.

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Oh, something I did notice and I don't remember if it used to be this way but when I walk down the hallway to the elevator (I am all the way aft so it is along walk. ) But anyway, I notice TONS of silver containers on the floor with covers on them. I am guessing these are room service items and folks don't leave them in their cabin......and lots of of door signs too. Just observations on my part but why put that food container on the floor outside? Is this a thing now?

I think, but am not sure, that the stateroom attendant removes the room service items from your room when he/she cleans and leaves the plates in the hallway.  Then, I believe, there is another attendant who goes up and down the hallway collecting said plates.  I think this because when I was on Infinity I had a cabin across from a little "hallway" and that little "hallway" was always filled with used room service trays.  So I think the attendant takes the trays from the rooms but since they don't have assistants any longer they don't have the time to properly return the trays to the room service galley.  Just a guess on my part.

Re the door signs.  They are all over every ship.  I don't get it and I don't see why people need to decorate their door but, hey, whatever floats your boat!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

3 hours ago, jcpc said:

I think, but am not sure, that the stateroom attendant removes the room service items from your room when he/she cleans and leaves the plates in the hallway.  Then, I believe, there is another attendant who goes up and down the hallway collecting said plates.  I think this because when I was on Infinity I had a cabin across from a little "hallway" and that little "hallway" was always filled with used room service trays.  So I think the attendant takes the trays from the rooms but since they don't have assistants any longer they don't have the time to properly return the trays to the room service galley.  Just a guess on my part.

Re the door signs.  They are all over every ship.  I don't get it and I don't see why people need to decorate their door but, hey, whatever floats your boat!

I've also noticed that the last year or so and attributed it to lots of new cruisers who are used to staying in hotels.

Maybe jcpc is correct, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

i think I read on another thread it was the " new" way..very unsanitary and gross! And blocks up the hallway! They could at least have a cart  for dirty dishes somewhere and send someone around to collect it..

Hope you get to Frog and Onion.. we always stop in....great mix of cruisers and locals!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

We have seen that as well.  Some are quite messy ( food left exposed) dishes stacked on top and along side the silver dish cover. I though you were to leave them inside the cabin until the attendant came or call RS to have them picked up.  

8 minutes ago, 39august said:

Trays in the hallway is very RCI. I was always disgusted with this practice. One more downgrade for Celebrity. 

I have also observed room service staff knocking on doors to pick the dishes and either the people don't hear them or they are not in the room.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jcpc said:

When my late husband's memory started to fade I would put colorful magnets on our cabin door to make it easier for him to find the right cabin. Anne

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, 39august said:

Trays in the hallway is very RCI. I was always disgusted with this practice. One more downgrade for Celebrity. 

Classy or Trashy?

def not modern luxury !

2 minutes ago, Mark+Anne said:

When my late husband's memory started to fade I would put colorful magnets on our cabin door to make it easier for him to find the right cabin. Anne

Once again, I would use extreme caution when relying on these for that purpose. They do have a habit of wandering to other doors (or disappearing all together).

Definitely have a Plan B.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Once again, I would use extreme caution when relying on these for that purpose. They do have a habit of wandering to other doors (or disappearing all together).

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Well, it might not work for everybody, but it did work for us. But actually, I was just trying to point out that some people might a reason for decorating their doors. Anne

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

we noticed people doing that too. First. Hazard for tripping as some push trays far away from their door. Tacky. Sometimes disgusting to see as you walk past.  Never used to see that as much as now.  Keep the darn things in your room until picked up or call cabin steward

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HLR said:

Hi Lois!

Have you been to any of the shows? What times are they in the evening? Thanks!

Hi, shows are at 7 and 9. Yes, I went to 2 of them.  One was a Rock show and tonight they had a Chello player who also plays piano.......he was fantastic. Played everything from Broadway to Classical. His name is Jacob Yates and he lives in  NY City.

They also have music in the foyer on 3. Tonite is a Beatles Tribute. Last night was a 60s tribute.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, shows are at 7 and 9. Yes, I went to 2 of them.  One was a Rock show and tonight they had a Chello player who also plays piano.......he was fantastic. Played everything from Broadway to Classical. His name is Jacob Yates and he lives in  NY City.

They also have music in the foyer on 3. Tonite is a Beatles Tribute. Last night was a 60s tribute.

Thanks!!!! I'm on the June 30th sailing and following you. I don't always look ahead at things as it's fun to be surprised...but a little planning is required nowadays!

On 5/28/2024 at 4:46 PM, SE1 said:

Let us know how the ferry is if you take it in Bermuda. We want to take it to Hamilton for the Harbor Lights on Wednesdays and to St. George's to go to Tobacco Bay. Curious how far ahead of time we need to be off the ship to walk there and be in line so that we can get on at the sailing we planned.

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, I didn't take the ferry yesterday and probably won't. I have been basically doing nothing except relaxing/napping In the Solarium. I will  be going to The Frog and Onion today for lunch though. But I may not go over to Hamilton.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I never use room service any more, but it used to be that one could just call room service and they would come and get the tray.  No idea if that is still the case.  Seeing all those trays in the hallways is disgusting.

My DH takes our plates/glasses if we bring any to the room, and leaves them on their dirty dish carts, if the room steward forgets to remove them. But then I have also seen room stewards remove them from the cabin and collect them on the floor in the hallways saying someone will come with a cart and collect them.

22 hours ago, chamima said:

I've also noticed that the last year or so and attributed it to lots of new cruisers who are used to staying in hotels.

Maybe jcpc is correct, though.

we saw several passengers place their dishes outside on the floor.  Never saw a steward do that though.  I suspect new cruisers assume this is what you do

• Like 2