Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

Jason Liberty stated in the article linked below that this is just step one and that there might be more changes to come. With the high number of D+, ElitePlus, Zenith and the huge numbers of Pinnacles I suspect we will see perks change and not for the better. Would not be surprised to see Celebrity move to the voucher program for drinks based upon status level like Royal currently has. Pinnacles receiving the Premium drink package will be reason enough to move over to X. Right now they receive six daily drink vouchers and they have to use them in the suite lounge if the access. Guess time will tell but I personally do not view this change as a positive. 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-silversea-status-match/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Zenith members still have access to the suite lounge if their status was achieved with captains club points. Status match Zenith members (pinnacle) are allowed access on a space available basis.

Where did you read this?  I didn't see it.  I just saw the statement that Zeniths would no longer have access to the Retreat Lounge.

2 hours ago, A Pound a Day said:

According to the FAQ regarding The Retreat in general, one of the questions is:

Can Captain's Club Zenith members enjoy access to The Retreat Lounge?

and the response is:

No, Zenith Member Access to the Retreat Lounge has been removed (unless Zenith member is also a suite guest).

Just one more Loyalty "enhancement" brought to you by the fine folks at Celebrity!!!

Right.  That's what I read.  

I'm rather pleased as I will be sailing on SilverSea for the first time next year.   It will be my first SS cruise and will get their highest level.    The only benefit I see is an upgraded bottle of bubbly, free laundry and 10% discount on my next booked cruise.

No big benefit --- 100VS equates to Select,  250 Elite, 350 Elite Plus and 500 Zenith -   Zenith pretty much get same perks as Elite.

image.thumb.png.94ea78ac76d76c38434c4a1ec73ad0c7.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wendyam76 said:

Lois, I’d love to hear about them. I’d be a solo sailor now and just made 350 VS (I think - Elite plus/diamond plus). 

It is a totally different vibe......as for solo guests, they do offer lower single supplements on some cruises. You have to make an effort to look for them. 

Not sure what you would like to know....you might pop over to the SS forum and peruse some of those threads.

The ships are much smaller so much less people on board....that is a BIG difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I have been looking at Silversea. Friends have asked us to join them in Jan on Silver Moon.

I love the Moon. Sailed her in 2021 and going on her again December🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, karl_nj said:

Points don't transfer, just status. But if your status increases on one line, then it should increase on other lines. When I was Platinum in C&A, I was matched to Select in CC. When I moved up to DIamond in C&A, CC automatically moved up to Elite in CC. This is not a new status match, the only new bit is extending this past Elite/Diamond (and adding Silversea), so I wouild expect it to keep working as it did before.

Okay, I have only cruised once with Celebrity, so a Status match would not do much good at the moment. I just wasn't sure if it was a one time thing and in my case better to wait until I have actually moved up a level.

But I can do the match now, and if I move up a level in any of them it will apply to all of them?

21 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Right.  That's what I read.  

In the current terms and conditions https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll#Terms

Zenith Retreat Lounge Access

Retreat Lounge access was reinstated for Zenith members on September 26, 2023. Access is limited to Retreat Lounge only, the Retreat Sundeck and Luminae are excluded.

Then in the separate section on status match:

4.2 Benefits available through the Loyalty Status Match Program. 

4.2.a. Members can only earn Club Points, including Go Green Bonus Points and Power Up Points, with the Loyalty Program. Members who have received complimentary Tier status in the Loyalty Program through the Loyalty Status Match Program, or otherwise hold Tier status but have not earned the corresponding number of Club Points are not eligible for certain benefits unless and until the requisite number of Club Points have been earned (the “CC Excluded Benefits”). The CC Excluded Benefits include but are not limited to: 

i. Complimentary Cruises for Zenith members; 

ii. Zenith Milestone Kits;

iii. WWF® donations; and

iv. Retreat Lounge access when not staying in the Retreat (Members will only be permitted to access the Retreat Lounge when not staying in the Retreat based on availability and at the sole discretion of Company).

How do they plan to tell the difference between a Zenith who earned it by sailing with Celebrity and a Zenith who earned it through the status match?  I assume they will both receive the same color Sea Pass card.  If this results in an extremely crowded Retreat on our next cruise I will be more than a little upset.  Pinnacles on RCL tend to take over the Suite Lounge on sailings we have been on, I can see them continuing that on Celebrity.  

This was, IMHO, not a wise decision. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

We are Elite on X and Diamond Plus on Royal.  I wonder if we will move up to Elite Plus now.  Guess we will see what happens on June 5th!!

Same for us D+ and we looked at our booking on Silhouette on the app and we are Elite  Plus now !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

It is a totally different vibe......as for solo guests, they do offer lower single supplements on some cruises. You have to make an effort to look for them. 

Not sure what you would like to know....you might pop over to the SS forum and peruse some of those threads.

The ships are much smaller so much less people on board....that is a BIG difference.

Lois, thank you. Strangely I don’t mind going solo on Celebrity or Royal but a smaller ship does give me some worries. Always sailed with my elderly mum up to this year. She can’t travel any longer (at 90 she has done amazing!) so doing a Celebrity back to back with my sister and then a solo Royal. 

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

How do they plan to tell the difference between a Zenith who earned it by sailing with Celebrity and a Zenith who earned it through the status match? 

Nobody knows the method right now but you can be sure there will be a distinction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow! What an upgrade! I called CC and was assured that status would automatically be upgraded in the next 7 days. I shall see if that happens. If not, another call to CC. So after status is upgraded I can then cancel the 3 different upgrades to premium drink package I made last week. That is quite a gift. 

And Zenith to Pinnacle, not that I see the appeal of moving from X to RCI unless sailing with a family.  I just hope that they don't dilute the benefits for either group.  We have a couple of "all included" cabins booked and I'm on the verge of calling to downgrade them to cruise only.

24 minutes ago, JustCruzin77 said:

Okay, I have only cruised once with Celebrity, so a Status match would not do much good at the moment. I just wasn't sure if it was a one time thing and in my case better to wait until I have actually moved up a level.

But I can do the match now, and if I move up a level in any of them it will apply to all of them?

Ah that is interesting, they are doing a match for the lowest level now too. In the past they didn't match until you moved up to the 2nd level. No that you get much at that level.

But yes, it's less of a "status match" and more of an "account linkage" that gives you reciprocal benefits in each separate program, equivalent to the level that you have the most points in. You might as well link them now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, karl_nj said:

Ah that is interesting, they are doing a match for the lowest level now too. In the past they didn't match until you moved up to the 2nd level. No that you get much at that level.

But yes, it's less of a "status match" and more of an "account linkage" that gives you reciprocal benefits in each separate program, equivalent to the level that you have the most points in. You might as well link them now.

Perfect, Thanks!

48 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

Jason Liberty stated in the article linked below that this is just step one and that there might be more changes to come. With the high number of D+, ElitePlus, Zenith and the huge numbers of Pinnacles I suspect we will see perks change and not for the better. Would not be surprised to see Celebrity move to the voucher program for drinks based upon status level like Royal currently has. Pinnacles receiving the Premium drink package will be reason enough to move over to X. Right now they receive six daily drink vouchers and they have to use them in the suite lounge if the access. Guess time will tell but I personally do not view this change as a positive. 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-silversea-status-match/

We haven't been on a Royal ship in about 8-9 years so I just looked at the Pinnacles benefits - really 6 drink coupons, 40% off a beverage package, $10 off a $35 bag of wash and fold laundry, $5off $25 dry cleaning . Pinnicales will flock to X the Zenith benefits are so much better.   

I agree with you I think the Zeniths perks will get downgraded. Sad day for Celebrity cruisers.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

There are certain "amenities" that are prohibited between brands. Upgraded bath amenities are provided to Royal guests on Celebrity. They are expressly prohibited to Celebrity guests on Royal.

Just an example.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

Lois, thank you. Strangely I don’t mind going solo on Celebrity or Royal but a smaller ship does give me some worries. Always sailed with my elderly mum up to this year. She can’t travel any longer (at 90 she has done amazing!) so doing a Celebrity back to back with my sister and then a solo Royal. 

I have been cruising solo for over 20 years and I would tell you try not to have those worries. I always feel very welcomed and the staff and crew are wonderful. Of course I cannot tell you how to feel, but from my experiences there is nothing to worry about🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

How do they plan to tell the difference between a Zenith who earned it by sailing with Celebrity and a Zenith who earned it through the status match?  I assume they will both receive the same color Sea Pass card.  If this results in an extremely crowded Retreat on our next cruise I will be more than a little upset.  Pinnacles on RCL tend to take over the Suite Lounge on sailings we have been on, I can see them continuing that on Celebrity.  

Royal is now limiting the number of Pinnacles allowed in the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen. If there is a high number of Pins on a particular sailing then only a certain number are allowed in based on the number of points earned. I know someone who just boarded the Jewel, is a Pin but received a letter stating that they would not be allowed to use the suite lounge. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I’d think the staff knows who you are and will know your type of status.  

• Thanks 1