The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 4th, 2024

Today is Hug Your Cat Day, International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression, and Old Maid's Day

I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food. - W. C. Fields

Meal Suggestion for today - Cheese and Greens Omelet
Drink of the Day - Bloody Maria
Wine of the Day - Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2022 Shepherds Mark
Destination of the Day - Molde, Norway

Today in History:
1927 1st Ryder Cup Golf, Worcester CC: US beats Great Britain, 9½-2½

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 06:30 - 15:00

Nieuw Statendam

Nordfjordeid, Norway 07:00 - 16:00

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 08:30 - 18:30

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Valletta, Malta eta 06-05

Rotterdam

Kristiansand, Norway 08:00 - 17:00

Volendam

Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada 09:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 12:30 - 21:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 06-05

Zuiderdam

Bornholm Island Denmark, Ronne 08:00 - 17:00

0604Alaska.thumb.png.9782b558931d05222c2623e1e101fd3b.png

0604Atlantic.thumb.png.bd8be9fcd6a1f5c6c59b8eb1cf7cedd8.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 29

Good morning.

Thank you for the FR & D.

Cloudy and 58°F here.

3 interesting days and quote.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone has a happy day.

Screenshot_20240604_102413.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 22

Bloody Maria cocktail:

Ingredients
2 ounces tequila
4 ounces tomato juice
1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish, to taste
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
2 dashes Tapatio hot sauce
1 pinch celery salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
Garnish: lime wedge
Garnish: lemon wedge
Garnish: cucumber spear
Garnish: sweet pepper slices
Garnish: jalapeno pepper slices
Garnish: queso fresco
Steps
Add the tequila, tomato juice, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, Tapatio, celery salt and black pepper to a shaker and fill with ice.
Shake briefly and strain into a pint glass filled with fresh ice.
Garnish with a lime wedge, a lemon wedge, a cucumber spear and a skewer of sweet pepper slices, jalapeno slices and queso fresco.

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 6.30.49 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 22

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

73 this AM with a high of 92 this afternoon.

Good selection of days as is the quote especially for the cat and wine lovers.

The meal is basically a Veggie Omelette which I have at our favorite diner quite often.

Never been to Norway, cold places are not on my bucket list, we did an Alaskan cruise back in 2000 so that’s it for cold place cruises.

Have a great day and stay safe and well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today's Daily!!  OUTSTANDING!!!  All the choices seem to be good!!

And, W. C. Fields had it correct!!!

It's gonna be a hot one in central Texas...  Here's the chart they had on the news...

No description available.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We need to always be aware of children being victimized - such an important day. I hug my cat everyday, so today he'll get double hugs - then he'll probably think he's special and spoiled! Thank you @grapau27 for the explanation of Old Maid's Day - definitely worthy of support.

Ha Ha Mr Fields! Yes to the meal, pass on the drink, maybe try the wine, not been to the port.

Today is work & PT - shoulder is really unhappy today, so hoping they will dry needle. The guy last week couldn't do it (nor certified) but today I see my regular therapist.

Currently 79 headed to 94. Humidity is down to 85% 🙄 Holey Moley @LambKnuckles stay safe in that heat.

Prayers 🙏and positive thoughts for all.

Screenshot_20240604-051710_kindlephoto-865208443.thumb.png.191d9ccf07345f272f29371e88af173a.png

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

Thank you for today's Daily!!  OUTSTANDING!!!  All the choices seem to be good!!

And, W. C. Fields had it correct!!!

It's gonna be a hot one in central Texas...  Here's the chart they had on the news...

No description available.

Take care in that heat Lambie.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

We've got a hot humid day in the forecast.  We had frost a couple of weeks ago, and now it'll be HOT, strange weather.  Not sure what's on the agenda for today.

Three interesting days to observe.

I resemble that quote!  🙂

The meal sounds good, I'll pass on the drink and hope the wine is tasty.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of reasons to celebrate.

Have a great day everyone.  Stay cool!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from the Club at JAX—a bare bones lounge, but enough for breakfast.

We are doing well.  Thank God.

I like the quote.  I can relate—especially these days!

I have been to Molde, Norway but unable to pull up photos today.

I don’t think I should try a Bloody Maria, my tummy would revolt.  Not what I need.

We will go to the gate soon for our flight.  All is calm this morning after rising early.

Thank you Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report and thank you to Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for your contributions.  Thank you Graham for your explanation of the Days we celebrate.

I will probably not post until we get to Barbados as we have a tight connection in Miami.  thankfully the flights are at Gates right across from each other.  Hope there are no changes.

Have a good Tuesday everyone and I will update when I can.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning from the Club at JAX—a bare bones lounge, but enough for breakfast.

We are doing well.  Thank God.

I like the quote.  I can relate—especially these days!

I have been to Molde, Norway but unable to pull up photos today.

I don’t think I should try a Bloody Maria, my tummy would revolt.  Not what I need.

We will go to the gate soon for our flight.  All is calm this morning after rising early.

Thank you Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report and thank you to Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for your contributions.  Thank you Graham for your explanation of the Days we celebrate.

I will probably not post until we get to Barbados as we have a tight connection in Miami.  thankfully the flights are at Gates right across from each other.  Hope there are no changes.

Have a good Tuesday everyone and I will update when I can.

God Bless.

Terri

Thank you Terri.

Best wishes for a great flight and a fantastic relaxing holiday in Barbados.

• Like 21

Posted (edited)

Good morning friends!  Today Zuiderdam is visiting Ronne, Denmark on Bornholm Island.  Temp was cool early today at 55 and it's 59 right now but at least there are fair skies.  We walked around the little town for a bit and enjoyed it a lot.  Very clean and charming!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today’s FR and Daily.  This is the day for all of you cat lovers to hug your cat (if they allow you to catch them).  Thanks for your cat photos Rich.  Funny quote by W.C. Fields.  I’m sure the omelet, Bloody Maria and wine are just fine but I have no appetite for them.  Congrats to the Ryder Cup fans on this the anniversary of the first Ryder Cup event.  Thanks Debbie @dfish,  Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports!

Prayers for all on the Care list, DB, Alex’s twin boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and the U.S. military members in the region.  Sorry to hear about Jane’s @lazey1's Covid diagnosis and her DS’s health issue.  Also hope Tana, Terry @smitty34877 and family are doing well.  Is your foot any better Joy @Seasick Sailor?  And hoping Jacqui’s @kazu's foot is getting enough rest with all that she is working on there at home. Hope to hear Terri @Cruzin Terri and Jim make their connections today along with their luggage, and they can begin to enjoy their getaway.   Cheers to anyone celebrating special events, and cruising!  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for your work here on the Daily.  I admire how much you get done in a day with your recent recovery still fresh in our minds.  Hoping BFF is getting better every day!

Today is a bittersweet day.  June 4 is DS and DDIL’s 24th wedding anniversary and I recall their wedding in Berkeley’s Tilden Park nestled in the Berkeley Hills.  With the scenic backdrop at their ceremony, we saw the fog begin rolling in and it got cold quickly.  Thankfully the reception was inside a beautiful building and everything went perfectly.  But three years ago on this date my DS Nancy passed away, and earlier that same day her twin great grandsons were born much too early and passed away too.  That is another good reason to be thankful the latest set of twins for Alex and his wife are doing so well.  Hoping and praying we hear the wonderful news of their safe birth in late July.

Today’s port is Molde, Norway.  This was the port before on March 13, 2021, January 31, 2022, and July 17, 2023.  I have not been to Molde but would certainly love to.  Here are the links for your convenience.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!  Stay safe and keep well.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 11

They just moved the gate in Miami.  We are arriving at Gate D40 and leaving from D15.  Very long walk since the train is only partially operating.  Hoping that the wheelchair service or golf carts are available.

Terri

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

Today’s Care List:

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Vict0riann’s biopsy results

Rafinmd’s church member Paul with pneumonia, improving

Seasick Sailor dropping a heavy stone and gouging her ankle

Cruzin Terri safe trip to Barbados

Vict0riann’s DH Pat traveling to England

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye appointment

Flooding and storms across the US, with loss of life: PNG landslides

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Rafinmd with elevated PSA (improving), and cardiology issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruzin Terri and DH going to Barbados

Quartzsite Cruiser’s new golf cart

Nickelpenny post back surgery, doing well, good report from surgeon

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Suslor (Rotterdam June 8 to June 29) 21d Midnight Sun & Norse Legends

5 days for Cruzn single (Westerdam June 9 to July 7) 28d Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice

Mr. Boston (Volendam to June 8 ) 7d Canada/New England Discovery, Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage), Luvteaching (Majestic Princess to June 9) Alaska Inside Passage, StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage and Mtn2Sea (Zuiderda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 21

We are at sea on our way to Sorrento. As of noon we have traveled 37,900 Nautical miles since leaving Florida.

Need to spend some OBC or lose so we will check out the shop and some good wines. Already have a spa appointment and have a new Bulova watch.

Such world problems.

Going to Pompeii and Herculaneum tomorrow on a private tour. It’s been forty years since I visited Pompeii.

Time for lunch and thanks for all your post. Bruce

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another beautiful morning here. Hoping the day is as gorgeous as yesterday. But we still need rain. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. I can’t believe how your life has turned around since the surgery. I am so happy that the pain & numbness that you suffered from for so long has all but disappeared!

Gym, Bindi walks, inside & outside chores and pool time. Should keep me busy. 

When driving in Florida….

IMG_2939.jpeg.89aa9b2e9fe63bbb5abb55dd65fade77.jpeg

IMG_2937.jpeg.e926ace587975ba9ef9f781de1214bad.jpeg

IMG_2951.jpeg.84a7fe881a4f3fc11009a72000dd2728.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Terry, you & Tana, your families & aides are always in my prayers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Safe travels Terri & Jim! @Cruzin Terri

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2022 Shepherds Mark

Another white from this Pacific NW vintner. And another award winner! This white blend is going on my list. I am on a white blend hunt, they are not that easy to find. The 2022 blend is a bit elusive. I found a couple distributors offering it. Online prices start at $28.00.

Winemaker’s notes
In the early 1900s, pioneering Sheepherders left their mark on the Horse Heaven Hills in the form of rock monuments. Many still stand along the ridgeline of our Estate Destiny Ridge Vineyard. Alexandria Nicole Cellars was the first to produce this classic Estate Rhone blend of Roussanne, Marsanne, and Viognier in Washington State and it has been our signature white wine since 2004. This year’s Roussanne-based blend shows aromatics of tropical fruit, nectarine, white peach, and orange peel, accompanied by background notes of minerality and white flowers. On the palate, you’ll find flavors of pineapple, guava, and mandarin orange. The finish is full and juicy with notes and textures of mineral and wet stone. This versatile wine will pair well with a variety of different foods including seafood dishes with crab and lobster, spicy Thai cuisine, cream sauces, and brie or goat cheese. Serve chilled.
This year’s Roussanne-based blend shows aromatics of tropical fruit, nectarine, white peach, and orange peel, accompanied by background notes of minerality and white flowers. On the palate, you’ll find flavors of pineapple, guava, and mandarin orange. The finish is full and juicy with notes and textures of mineral and wet stone. This versatile wine will pair well with a variety of different foods including seafood dishes with crab and lobster, spicy Thai cuisine, cream sauces, and brie or goat cheese. Serve chilled.
The 2022 vintage was a rollercoaster, to say the least. A slow start to Spring, which saw snowfall in the vineyards in April, then led to an unseasonably wet and cool beginning of summer. This caused the vines to get a very late start, but just when we were starting to worry a bit the typical beautiful warm weather of eastern Washington arrived in July and lingered on until well into October offering perfect ripening conditions.
SOIL
Sandy Loam
Missoula Flood Sediment
Hill Slope Rubble
Located in South Central Washington

Founders Jarrod and Ali Boyle are dedicated to producing small lots of hand-crafted wine from our own Destiny Ridge Estate Vineyard. Through attentive viticulture management, balanced crop levels, gentle hand-harvesting and processing of grapes, and passionate winemaking, we produce consistent quality in every bottle. Located in the Horse Heaven Hills, our 327-acre estate vineyard is located high on the bluffs overlooking the majestic Columbia River. It is here, high on the dominate ridge, that our grapes thrive in these unique soils. It is here that our winemaker Jarrod nurtures the fruit quality from bud to bottle. Our belief is that quality starts in the vineyard.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 3

Good morning everyone from beautiful Charlottetown PEI. it’s sunny and 50F and get to 60F today so we’ll need to dress warmly before going ashore.  The trip so far has been great.  Quebec City was beautiful on Sunday, much warmer than today.  Yesterday was our sea day as we moseyed up the St. Lawrence at 9.75 Nautical Miles per hour, it was mostly overcast which added to the mystery.

Thanks for the daily report, three important days to recognize although I have no cat to hug.  

Funny quote by W. C.

Yes to the meal and drink suggestions, sounds like brunch to me!

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Prayers for those on our prayer list today.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

They just moved the gate in Miami.  We are arriving at Gate D40 and leaving from D15.  Very long walk since the train is only partially operating.  Hoping that the wheelchair service or golf carts are available.

Terri

Terri, can you ask the gate agent to have one waiting for you in Miami?

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich and thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Dixie & Debbie.

Happy to hug a cat or a dog any day 🙂 LOL on the quote by Fields.  it sounds like he has been in my kitchen 😂. And speaking of wine, that today’s wine sounds delicious - @cat shepard.  I wouldn’t be wasting it in food though.

A cool morning but it will warm up and with luck, I will finish most of the planters today.  No luck finding anyone to help me weed yet so I may have to bite the bullet and see if I can figure out a way to do it 😞 

IMG_3973.thumb.jpeg.f0bd9c01a484a909334d585f4c3446b8.jpeg

@Cruzin Terri safe travels.  Sorry to hear about your gate change - hoping you can get some assistance with the walk 🤞 

I guess during my breaks from the planters - I will have to do some research.  Our Fall itinerary has changed from Malaga to Motril, Spain.  Adios to the tapas tour I had planned in Malaga 😔 

IMG_3976.jpeg.190d50034de28d2ad9294f286d4f488f.jpeg

Prayers for those on the prayer list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries and those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_3036.thumb.jpeg.355de04b0d4d64eba58b5166ee89744e.jpeg

IMG_3035.thumb.jpeg.b5aaa93f66f18d8775d36a47a9d2bf62.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1