Where Should Celebrity Create New Routes & Sailings?

4 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I don't know what areas of the world they have in mind, but it's been mentioned several times that they are trying to create more back to back opportunities to piece together longer itineraries without repeating ports. 

The problem with the back to back theory is that you basically lose half a day waiting to disembark and then waiting to embark again.  No chance to sleep in.  No Elite breakfast.  Fighting with new passengers for elevators as they embark.  Its just not fun.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

How about an Alaska B2B that includes ports like Nome, Homer and Kodiak, or a transoceanic from Southampton to Boston that includes a stop in Longyearbyen as well as Iceland and Greenland.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3

I’d love long round-trip cruise from a US port to Europe, visiting several locations there and then returning back to the US.  Perfect for people who are unwilling to fly to Europe but would still like to visit there.  Maybe 21 days in total.

I suppose the reverse might also work, round-trip from Southampton to US/Canada visiting several ports and then going back to Southampton.  

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

I thought a 14-21 day cruise in January/February from Florida around the Canary Islands , Brazil, some Caribbean islands and back would be a big seller 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

5 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I don't know what areas of the world they have in mind, but it's been mentioned several times that they are trying to create more back to back opportunities to piece together longer itineraries without repeating ports. 

I really wish they’d start marketing those as longer cruise options. Don’t make me do the work, actually sell them as a long journey that I can do with one booking.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

How about an Alaska B2B that includes ports like Nome, Homer and Kodiak, or a transoceanic from Southampton to Boston that includes a stop in Longyearbyen as well as Iceland and Greenland.

Like this one from Viking? My #1 bucket list cruise to do. 36 days, Amsterdam to NY. 

Fav Viking Itinerary.webp

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I really wish they’d start marketing those as longer cruise options. Don’t make me do the work, actually sell them as a long journey that I can do with one booking.  

I definitely understand this mindset. However, it's nice to throw some land time in between cruises, as well. Earlier this year, we did two cruises for 24 days on, 12 days off, then 24 days back on the Millennium in eastern and Southern Asia. Last year, we did 15 days on, 11 days off, 24 days on, three days off, then 18 days on the Eclipse. Yes, it was definitely more work. but we enjoyed our land time immensely. 

Sometimes, we combine different cruise lines with a variety of land activities (train journeys, road trips, etc.) 

So, I really like the longer itineraries, but I like to be able to visit places more in depth, as well. 

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Like this one from Viking? My #1 bucket list cruise to do. 36 days, Amsterdam to NY. 

This looks great!

Viking had a great itinerary that included quite a bit of Eastern Asia, the Bering Sea, and places we've never been in Alaska, on the way to Vancouver earlier this year. We had seriously considered doing it to get home(ish) from Asia, but we really wanted to be back for the Total solar Eclipse, which we viewed from the top deck of a cruise ship off the coast of Mazatlan. 

I'd love to do one of  Viking's Longitudinal World Cruises someday. Those itineraries look amazing!

• Like 1

Celebrity replaced their interesting 12 night sailings aboard Constellation from Tampa next year with all 7 night itineraries to Mexico and Belize.

Most weeks of these shorter sailings are currently pricing at around $750 per person per week for Balcony and just over $1000 for Aqua, surely not what they were hoping to achieve.

I also get daily emails for the 3-5 day sailings at reduced rates, some close in but many far out, so hopefully they may rethink the emphasis on short sailings for the ‘26-‘27 season.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Yes, but make it two 14-day B2B itineraries. One from either Southampton or Amsterdam to Reykjavik with the other from Reykjavik to Boston. This way our Elite+ laundry perks will work out just fine. 😂

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Yes, but make it two 14-day B2B itineraries. One from either Southampton or Amsterdam to Reykjavik with the other from Reykjavik to Boston. This way our Elite+ laundry perks will work out just fine. 😂

OK. Ask and you shall receive! each leg 15 days

Bergen to Iceland.webp

Iceland to NY.webp

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

OK. Ask and you shall receive! each leg 15 days

Bergen to Iceland.webp

Iceland to NY.webp

Sorry, Viking just doesn’t get us all that excited. Now, if Celebrity or PCL could come up with a similar B2B itinerary to this one, that would be awesome. 😁

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Sorry, Viking just doesn’t get us all that excited. Now, if Celebrity or PCL could come up with a similar B2B itinerary to this one, that would be awesome. 😁

Id love to see it on X. Haven't sailed Viking yet, but it's on our list .... someday 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cbfb said:

I wish they would drop the horrible Bahama ports and add more interesting islands. We are definitely looking at other lines for something new. 

Agree..delete Nassau...No loss!

Also a bit tired of San Juan and Cozumel..Guess no chance of Cuba?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Wish  for cruises  to Trinidad & Tobago.

Went to Tobago on a Celebrity cruise last year.  Dangerous place for a woman on her own, one woman had to be rescued by the security personnel in the mall by the dock.  Had to take a Celebrity tour.  Trinidad is worse for crime.  A one and done for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

The problem with the back to back theory is that you basically lose half a day waiting to disembark and then waiting to embark again.  No chance to sleep in.  No Elite breakfast.  Fighting with new passengers for elevators as they embark.  Its just not fun.

That isn’t true in all ports. In many places, it’s just like any port day for B2B passengers. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Went to Tobago on a Celebrity cruise last year.  Dangerous place for a woman on her own, one woman had to be rescued by the security personnel in the mall by the dock.  Had to take a Celebrity tour.  Trinidad is worse for crime.  A one and done for me.

oh my.. sorry to hear that & much  thanks for the warning! 

I only thought about bird watching tours but def  NOT worth the risk!  

9 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Celebrity replaced their interesting 12 night sailings aboard Constellation from Tampa next year with all 7 night itineraries to Mexico and Belize.

Most weeks of these shorter sailings are currently pricing at around $750 per person per week for Balcony and just over $1000 for Aqua, surely not what they were hoping to achieve.

I also get daily emails for the 3-5 day sailings at reduced rates, some close in but many far out, so hopefully they may rethink the emphasis on short sailings for the ‘26-‘27 season.

I really wanted to do a relaxing cruise this past December.  I booked a 4&5 nighter B2B, intending to almost exclusively stay on board other than Key West.  The mindset really is booze booze booze and I frankly have a hard time relating to folks who think a day at Senor Frogs is the journey of a lifetime category, so for now Im only booking TA’s with Celebrity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Torfamm said:

That isn’t true in all ports. In many places, it’s just like any port day for B2B passengers. 

That was my experience in Miami last year.  We all (40ish) met in a conference room, handed envelope with new seapass, off the ship, flashed passport and right back on ship total time was 45 minutes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

The only b2b's we've done were easy.  We never had to leave the ship went to theater around 9AM picked up new seapass card and were on our way out for the day.  We loved it.  I know the procedure can be different based on the port, these were in Southampton.

12 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

This ridiculous practice tends to be a US thing.  Mediterranean ports don’t do this, and some lines like Princess let you book multiple b2bs as a single cruise. These options along with the interporting that is common in Europe makes embarking and disembarking days less chaotic and even the true b2b bookings a lot more seamless. 

on a  b2b   from port Ev or Miami,  once u reboard can you hang out at the pool or Solarium or are they  closed for maint.?

seems a waste to sail to and from the same port 2x ???

I've been thinking we might revisit Alaska on Celebrity. We have done an 11 night cruise on Viking to Alaska one way Vancouver to Seward and it was wonderful. But honestly, the Alaska itinerary for Alaska is not at all appealing.