Are there any specialty restaurants on Edge class ships that you think are must try venues?

Posted (edited)

I'll be on Ascent soon.  So far, no specialty restaurants booked.  Sounds like the 4 MDR concept is interesting and the standard food should be "pretty good."  But are there any specialty restaurants on the Edge-Class ships that you'd put in the "can't miss" category?  

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing great discounts on specialty dining at the moment.  Roughly 5% max discount.

Edited by Stockjock

8 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

But are there any specialty restaurants on the Edge-Class ships that you'd put in the "can't miss" category?  

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing great discounts on specialty dining at the moment.  Roughly 5% max discount.

IMO, Eden and Le Voyage are excellent.  But, I did not say they were cheap.  😁

• Like 1

I haven't done Le Voyage which people have liked.

I've done Eden which I really enjoyed but they increased the prices quite a bit, in Canadian $ they went from $85 to $110 which is a little pricey. I still have it booked but I used OBC for it.

I do like Le Grand Bistro, its great lunch if you don't want the madness of the buffet. I plan on seeing on embarkation day if its open because the price is worth it to me.

We thoroughly love Le Grand Bistro for lunch.  In the evenings it becomes Le Petit Chef, which for us is a "once and done" experience.  But the coq au vin at LGB is superb.  It is one of their daily specials and I don't remember which day of the week it is offered.

• Like 1

Eden is great food and a great experience.  Rooftop Garden Grill; to our surprise, there wasn't a limit on food and the portions weren't super large so could sample yet the downside is it can be extremely windy.  If you're in a port during dinner time, could consider going then

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We thoroughly love Le Grand Bistro for lunch.  In the evenings it becomes Le Petit Chef, which for us is a "once and done" experience.  But the coq au vin at LGB is superb.  It is one of their daily specials and I don't remember which day of the week it is offered.

In my opinion, best specialty restaurant on EClass!

I heartily agree with others that LGB is a lovely option for embarkation day lunch, and we have also enjoyed it on port days when lunch offerings are limited. It is pricey but worth it to us to escape the chaos of the buffet!

Food is really subjective, but if I had to choose, I would pick Eden over Le Voyage. We find the food to be very inventive, and the wake views from that venue can be spectacular. We found Le Voyage on Beyond to feel somewhat claustrophobic in an interior space.

We had an enjoyable dinner at Rooftop due to an amazing sunset view, but the food was not memorable. I would probably only repeat if we purchase unlimited specialty dining or sail in an upper suite with specialty dining included. (But due to current Retreat pricing, I think that was one and done for us!)

Although it is not really a specialty restaurant, we love Eden Cafe for sandwiches and salads on sea days. There is no charge for basic menu items, but they have added extra charge items like a lobster roll to the menu. And don’t skip dessert - the chocolate chip cookies and brownies are to die for. And the wake view from Eden is an extra bonus.

Wow, I just finished breakfast and am already hungry again……

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love Le Grand Bistro. The truffle burger and escargot are outstanding. I like the look and feel of the space, specialty cocktails and menu, and great sea views. 

IMG_4453.jpeg

IMG_4451.jpeg

• Like 2

I have eaten in Eden, multiple times, on Edge, Apex, and Beyond. The food on all three ships was excellent. I have also done Le Voyage on Beyond. As a bit of a foodie, I enjoyed it. I do agree that the lack of windows and low lighting, gave it a bit of a cave like feeling. 

The price increase has been a turn off as the food in the 4 MDRs is excellent.  Eden has been the consistent standout winner with Le Grand Bistro being really good.  

Le Voyage is absolutely fantastic……..  if you like being in a dark room with no windows and no view.  I really want to know who decided to put the most expensive restaurant in the middle of the ship.

Eden was good for the view and the food.  I don’t know if I’d pay current prices.  Tuscan was ok.